Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Reality ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Twisted Reality

Chapter 2.

Rowen let out a yawn as he approached the manor, his backpack slung over one shoulder, and armful of books underneath one arm. It was near midnight now, and the manor seemed fairly quiet except for the sounds from the television. Rowen could see the TV flashing repeatedly and could only wonder what was on as he opened the door and stepped in.

Kento sat crossed leg on the floor, rapidly moving a PS2 controller around as he engaged in fierce battle on the screen. On one couch Ryo laid sprawled reading some type of game magazine, and Cye was on the other couch watching Kento play. He did not see Sage, or Mia, and he guessed that Yulie was in bed for the night. He closed the door with a soft click.

"Hey, Ro," Ryo said without looking up.

"Hi," Rowen replied as he set his books on the coffee table. Instantly the area between his arm and side felt better, and not all numbed like it had been. He set his backpack on the floor, then cracked his neck, relieved as the tight tension went away. "Hey where's Sage and Mia?" he asked as he moved around and sat on the couch next to Ryo.

Ryo turned a page in his magazine never once looking up as he answered. "Sage is still out with that girl, who knows when he'll be back? And Mia is in the computer room as usual."

Rowen was not the least bit surprised. Mia was known to work day and night at the computer constantly, and sometimes she would not even leave her computer until around four or six in the morning. That worried the Ronins as they knew good sleeping habits were needed in order to have a healthy body and a willing mind to continue on.

"Come on! Come on!" Kento said furiously as he moved his character in a frenzy to beat the dark character on the game he was playing.

Rowen raised his eyebrows at Kento. He would never understand Kento and video games. Then again Kento would never understand Rowen and books. Speaking of books, Rowen wanted to get more studying done, so he bid the others good night, grabbed his books and headed upstairs to his and Sage's room.

Cye continued to watch Kento play as his eyelids grew heavier and heavier. He was getting really tired and knew he should get himself to bed before he fell asleep on the couch. He tried to stay awake, but it was no use. He was just too exhausted. Finally he slipped off the couch. "I'm going to bed, guys."

"Ok," Kento said as he kept on playing, his eyes glued to the screen. Nothing would be pulling him away from this game, not until he beat it.

"Good night, Cye," Ryo said, turning another page in his magazine.

"Good night," Cye replied as he headed up the stairs and to his and Kento's room for the night.

The house became silent once more except for the sounds of the TV and Kento's antics as he continued to play. Ryo continued to look on through his magazine. He knew he should be heading up to bed soon, but he was really into this thing. Not to mention he was still wondering what to get Cye tomorrow for his birthday. Last year he had got him gold fish and now those fish were in the pond out in the back yard because they had grown so huge. Cye was proud of them, and he had been thanking Ryo a month straight for them. Now Ryo wanted to get him something different, but what?

Ryo closed his magazine with a sigh, knowing he should go to bed now, otherwise he would be quite cranky when he woke up. He looked toward Kento. "Kento, you going to bed soon?"

"Yep, as soon as I'm done with this."

Ryo shook his head at his friend, and was prepared to go upstairs when the front door opened. He turned and watched as Sage quietly shut and locked the door. "Hey, Sage, how'd your date go with that…"

"Mariah," Sage said calmly as he took off his jacket and hung it up. "It went well. She's a nice girl, just a little shy and scared of herself."

"So what took you so long, Casanova?" Kento asked as he kept on playing. "I know that movie couldn't have lasted that long!"

Sage was taking off his shoes now, relieved as the tight pressure of having them on all day left his feet. "You're right, Kento, it didn't. After I dropped her off at home, I headed to Aqua World." He reached into his shirt pocket and brought out seven tickets with a smile. "I was able to get them for a cheap price, and we get a special room just to celebrate Cye's birthday."

Ryo grinned. "Cye will love that one!"

"So when are we going? And more importantly, will there be food there?" Kento asked.

"We're going tomorrow after 12 noon, and yes Kento, there will be food there." Sage shook his head as if thinking how could Kento not think there would be food there.

Ryo yawned. "Well, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow's going to be a big day." He headed up the stairs.

Sage picked up his shoes and followed after Ryo, preparing to take a shower before he went to bed himself, while Kento continued to play that game.

Cale let out a bored sigh as he left the girl's bedroom. He looked over at his fellow Warlords and shook his head. "No. She's not the one either."

"Neither was the boy across the street," Sekhmet said with a grunt as he crossed his arms.

"We've checked almost every sixteen year old in this town, and none of them carry Master Talpa's birthmark," Dais said.

"Should we try another town then?" Cale asked.

Dais shrugged. "Might as well."

The three of them headed off to continue their search, each one wondering who the child could possibly be, and each one wondering just how they were going to get the child back to Talpa. The search continued on and on, with each sixteen year old checked in the city of Saendie. So far there had been no luck for them, and each of them were getting quite cranky and frustrated with this. But they continued to search, wanting to find the child as soon as possible, to please their Master with their efforts. They had no plans to return to him without the child, not unless he called them back. Little did they know as they searched, somewhere on the east side of Japan, a strange looking birthmark had suddenly appeared above the left eyebrow of a young boy as he slept.