Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Uncertainty ❯ Feelings Reveiled ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Feelings Revealed

Cye woke up about an hour after the others left feeling tremendously better. He started for his doorway, when he realized that the house was eerily quiet. Stepping outside, he followed the smell of food to the kitchen where he found Mia stirring a pot on the stove. Coughing slightly, he got Mia's attention.

Turning toward him, she said "Oh Cye. I'm glad you're awake. Feeling better?"

"Yeah, I am. So Mia, where are the others? The house is awfully quiet."

"It is, isn't it? Rowen said that they were going out for a little while. Something about needing some air after everything that happened last night."

"Makes sense. I think I really scared them last night."

"You know, they aren't the only ones you scared. I was scared to death."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry." He smiled sweetly at Mia. Sending a mental thought out to Rowen, who he knew was listening, "Thanks Rowen for setting this up."

"Anything for a friend. Good luck." came the whispered reply. Looking up, he noticed Mia watching him. "What?"

"You know you guys have an unfair advantage over me with that mind thing you five have. So who was it?"

Cye smiled at her. "Rowen. He was just checking to see if I was all right."

"Oh." Turning back to her pot, she asked Cye to get her some celery out of the refrigerator.

"Sure, Mia." Handing the requested item over, Cye thought 'well, now is as good a time as any. Now where to begin?' "So how's the potato soup coming?" 'Great just great. Rowen gives me the perfect opportunity to talk to her and all I can say is how is the potato soup. Ugh!!!!' Cye cupped his palms under his chin as he contemplated on how to go about telling her.

"Come on already. You have the perfect opportunity. Just be yourself Cye. You know she already enjoys your company so just tell her." Ryo grumbled at Cye's wavering confidence.

"Ryo, quit eavesdropping, already."

"Hey, is it my fault that you have kept the link open?" Ryo smirked knowing Cye couldn't see him.

Cye groaned at the impertinence coming over his link to Ryo. "Fine, I will. Now go away." Mia was looking quizzically at him again, so he coughed slightly to cover his embarrassment at being caught talking to the guys again. "Sorry Mia. It was Ryo this time." He smiled awkwardly at the girl who was having a hard time keeping a straight face.

"So why don't you get in touch with the other two, before you end up in a conversation with them too? Then, perhaps we can actually be alone for once." Mia laughed at the surprised look that crossed Cye's face as she turned to remove the soup from the stove.

Sputtering, Cye just sat there in shock. He could feel the other Ronins laughter. They could tell that whatever Mia had said to him had him shocked. "Sure Mia." Focusing on his link to Sage and Kento, he told them what Mia had said. They laughed even harder.

"Hey way to go Cye. She's already hitting on you and you haven't even told her anything, yet." Kento's voice was filled with mirth.

Sage bopped Kento on the head. "Don't mind him Cye. He's off in another world. Have a good time tonight."

Cye smiled at Mia as he closed all the links except for Rowen's. Leaving it open, he sent a thought to Rowen telling him that his link was the only one that was still open, but to only contact him if absolutely necessary. Cye could feel Rowen's consent through their link as he turned away from the others thoughts. "Ok Mia, I think we are alone now."

"Good." Looking at the auburn haired boy sitting at the kitchen table, Mia sighed. She could tell Cye was dying to talk to her, but he had as yet to say what was on his mind. Deciding to be direct, Mia asked him point blank "So Cye, what do you want to talk to me about?" For the second time that evening she watched as Cye turned shocked sea green eyes onto her.

"How . . . how did you know that I wanted to talk to you?"

Giggling, she grabbed Cye's hand into hers as she said "Cye, you are so transparent. I know that something has been bothering you for the last few days; today being the first time that you really seemed to be yourself, despite your illness from last night. I figure whatever you and Rowen were talking about last night must have had something to do with me, since they were all dying to get you and me alone together." She smirked at the incredulous look on Cye's face. "What?" she asked innocently.

"Mia, you are simply too much. I do need to talk to you. It's just I don't know what to say." Cye became inordinately interested in the pattern of the kitchen floor, blushing profusely.

Mia was curious as to what the shy warrior could possibly have to say to her that would warrant his embarrassment. "Cye . . . whatever you have to say, just say it. I think it would be better if you got it off of your chest. If you don't, your going to keep being depressed and we all worry too much about you to let that happen." Mia paused before continuing, "I figure Rowen knows what is going on and if you won't tell me, then I will get him to." Holding her breath, she hoped Cye wouldn't notice her slight ruse. She knew that if Rowen did know what was going on, he would never tell her without Cye's permission. She just hoped the man standing afore her would not remember that.

"Mia you wouldn't, would you?"

"Wouldn't I?" Mia put her hands on her hips and scowled at the spearsman, making him groan.

"All right already. I'll tell you but first you have to promise me something." Cye locked his eyes onto Mia's, pleading silently with her.

"Sure, Cye. Whatever you want. I know that I can trust you."

Cye smiled with relief. "Thanks, Mia. All I am asking you to do is to simply listen. Think you can handle that?" At Mia's nod, Cye swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat and took the plunge. It was now or never, and he did not think that he could live with himself if it wasn't now. Raking an unsteady hand through his hair, he began "Mia . . . I um well you see I think that I have fallen in love with you. I know that you probably have a crush on one of the other guys, but I just could not bear another day without telling you how I felt. You are the most perfect woman for me. You make me feel comfortable and safe. I love the way you light up a room when you walk in; you hold all of our hearts captive but none of us has had the courage to approach you for fear of being shot down. I know that I am slightly younger than you, but Mia, I don't think that should matter when someone loves you the way that I do. So, all I am asking you for is one chance to see how great we could possibly be." The words tumbled out of Cye's mouth in a rush. Studying his hands, Cye started to feel foolish for blurting out his feelings to Mia when she had yet to say anything. Slowly raising his eyes, Cye was almost afraid of what he would find.

Mia stood gaping at Cye, her mouth hanging open. She could have sworn that she had heard it hit the floor. She wasn't sure what she was expecting Cye to tell her, but that was most definitely not it. Of course, Mia loved all of the guys. She didn't think it was possible, but the fact remained. She loved each of them, as they in turn loved each other. They were a family, albeit a rather mixed up family, but their differences only made her love each of them more. She loved Rowen's brashness, Kento's sense of humor, Sage's calm demeanor, and Ryo's fiery passion. As for Cye, well she loved the way he would blush to the roots of his hair. The quiet, shy nature of the water warrior has always comforted her like a gurgling brook. She felt happiness and contentment with all of the guys, but she did not think that she could simply settle for just one of them. She would never be whole without all of them complementing each other as well as herself. No matter how much it might mean to them.

Cye watched the myriad of expressions flitter across her face and he turned to flee. 'What was I thinking? Am I insane? Of course, she would like the others more than me. Whatever made me think that I would have a chance with such a sophisticated lady?' "Um, I think I'll leave now."

Mia looked up startled to see the green eyes start to fill with tears. Placing a restraining hand on Cye's shoulder, she whispered hoarsely "No, please don't go."

Cye raised hopeful eyes to her and Mia could feel her heart breaking.

"Oh Cye, it's not what you think. I do love you but I also love the others. I don't know what I would do without any of you. We are all interconnected to one another thanks to fate and your armors. Cye, I don't think that I am capable of choosing one of you over the others. I love each of you differently as each of your personalities complement mine. I am not whole without the five of you, just like you are not whole without the other four Ronins. I hope you can accept this because I can't and I won't choose amongst you. You all mean way too much to me for me to do that." Tears started to flow freely down her cheeks. "If you can't live with that, then I'll understand, but I don't want to lose you or the others." Mia turned away from the bewildered look in Cye's eyes as she headed outside. Sitting on the back steps, she put her head in her hands as silent tears slid down her pale cheeks.

Cye watched as Mia ran out of the room slamming the back door shut. He knew he loved her even more for her honesty and for her love of the others. Cye felt the tension ease out of his system since he knew that she loved them all and not just in a brotherly fashion. Knowing what he had to do he turned inwards to Rowen's link. "Rowen, are you there?"

Almost immediately, Cye got a response from the blue haired archer, making him wonder just how much Rowen knew. "Cye, you ok? I mean you seemed to be sending mixed signals." Rowen's voice was laced with worry. "How did she take the news?"

Cye could hear the edge in Rowen's voice but decided to ignore it. "I'm fine Rowen. I just think that you guys should come home immediately. Mia's sort of upset with me and I don't know where she has gone."

"What do you mean you don't know where she has gone?" came Ryo's concerned slightly angry voice.

Cye winced at hearing his leader's mind voice. He hadn't realized that the other links had been reopened the moment he contacted Rowen. He had let his guard slip and allowed the others in. 'Well it can't be helped now' he thought to himself. "She left Ryo and I need you guys to help me look for her. I'm afraid of what she might do. She was rather upset when she ran out of the kitchen." Cye smiled to himself as he checked the steps, making sure she was still there. He knew perfectly well that Ryo and the others would be home in a flash of teleportation. He was not disappointed, as a minute later four glowing auras' appeared next to him in the kitchen, before coalescing into the worried forms of his friends. Raising his fingers to his lips, Cye shook his head stopping any of their comments as he ushered them into the living room.

"Cye, what is going on? We have to find Mia and we don't have time for any of your schemes." Ryo's voice was laced with worry as he looked at the water warrior.

"She's fine Ryo, but we need to talk." Looking pointedly at the other four warriors, he asked all of them one question. "Are each of you in love with her?"

The other four looked at each other before turning back to stare at Cye's sea green eyes, laugh lines crinkling his forehead. None of them said a word, but they each took on a distinct pinkish color.

Cye smirked at his friends. "I take it that's a yes, then?" At his friends nods, his smile got wider. "Good, because Mia told me something interesting earlier and I thought that each of you should be here. She turned me down, because she's in love with all of us and can't choose among us. She wants to be with each of us. At first, I didn't know what to think, but then something Rowen told me yesterday clicked. He was trying to make me feel better, when he asked me when had we ever had a problem with sharing. So do any of you have a problem with sharing?" he asked impishly. No replies were forthcoming. "No? Good, here's what we do." Cye outlined his plan to the others who agreed to go along with it. Smiling he headed for the back door, praying that she was still there.

Mia was surprised when she felt slender arms wrap about her waist. She knew instinctively that it was Cye as he sat down on the step above her, pulling her against his warmth. She had never even heard his approach. Cye began to rub his hands up and down Mia's arms, feeling the tension leave her. "Cye . . . what are you doing?" Mia asked, hating the slight quiver of her voice. His touch felt so good.

"Shhhh Mia, I'm just trying to tell you that I love you, and that I accept your love of the others as long as you love me too." He kissed the top of her head as she turned in his arms.

"Oh Cye, of course I love you too, silly. I would never have told you what I did if I didn't." She closed her eyes and snuggled into the spearsman embrace, when she became aware of another presence standing just to the right of her. She stiffened slightly as a blindfold was placed over her eyes. "Cye, wh . . . what is going on?" She was suddenly feeling apprehensive but the new aura didn't feel threatening. In fact it felt familiar, very familiar. But it couldn't be, could it? They were all at the movies, weren't they? As if on cue, three more presences could be felt surrounding her and Cye's form. Clinging tightly to Cye, she was dismayed to hear him chuckling softly. Raising her hands, she tried to push the blindfold off, when another set of hands grabbed hers, stopping her from reaching her goal. They felt exquisitely warm and soft beneath her fingertips. Stifling a groan of exasperation, she opened her mouth to accuse Cye of setting this up, when a mouth claimed hers, effectively silencing her. She sat on Cye's lap, stock still as the warm mouth plundered hers, leaving her breathless. As the kiss ended, she felt herself being lifted and carried inside. Panicking now, she started to cry for Cye.

"Shhh, love I'm right here. Nothing is going to happen to you."

"But . . . but Cye, what's going on? You're scaring me." She felt the footsteps falter, then stop. She was placed on her feet and spun around to face whomever had been carrying her.

A soft voice murmured in her ear. "Are we really scaring you? I don't think so. You may be blindfolded Mia, but trust your senses. You know who we are."

The voice slid over her, filled with warmth and promises. She knew immediately that it was Rowen who carried her. "Rowen?" she asked tentatively. The only answer she got was another kiss on the lips. Only this kiss tasted different. Rowen tasted of chocolate, while the earlier kiss tasted more of honey. Breaking the kiss, she could feel him smile softly as another set of hands gently lifted her, carrying her into the living room. The scent of sandalwood surrounded her and she knew instinctively that it was Sage who was gently placing her on the couch. "Sage?" No answer was forthcoming, only a slight tweaking of her nose as another laughed at her predicament. She felt strong arms pull her up against his chest and knew that it was Kento who was holding her. Lifting the blindfold off gently, he smiled at her bewildered expression.

Her eyes took in the room that had been transformed the short amount of time she and Cye had been outside. Candles had been lit giving the room a surreal feel to it. Music played softly in the background. Her friends were each staring at her with love evident in their eyes. Ryo sat down on the opposite end of the couch from Kento while Rowen leaned over the back of the couch, the swordsman near him. And Cye, who had started this whole thing kneeled beside the couch catching her left hand in his. He gently kissed her knuckles as he looked up at her startled face.

"Mia, love. I know you did not ask for this but I could not bear to see you so upset after we talked. So, I called them home. I thought that together we could all make a fresh beginning. You aren't mad at me, are you?" Cye ducked his head afraid of what she might say.

Chuckling, Mia took Cye's hand and raised it to her lips. "Cye you are so naive. Of course I'm not mad at you. How could I be, when you have given me the most wonderful gift of all, yourselves?" Kissing him softly, she had to laugh at his comical expression. "Come here all of you."

They all complied as they formed a semicircle around their newfound love. "Now tell me which of you kissed me while we were outside?"

Ryo blushed profusely. "Uh that was me Mia. The guys knew that I wanted to be the first. I hope you didn't mind."

Looking at the dark hair spilling over his shoulders, Mia sighed. "Course not. I just like to know who it is that I am kissing." Pulling Ryo to her, she kissed him full on the mouth, startling him. Her tongue danced in tune with the music, warring for dominance with Ryo's slick heat. Moaning softly, she knew she had to end the kiss and soon. Fortunately for her, Cye also had the same notion as he broke between his two friends grinning like a cheshire cat.

"Hey you two. You guys going take a break to breathe or do you just want to pass out?" Cye ducked the half-hearted swing at his head as he playfully pulled Mia away from Ryo only to back into Sage's form.

Sage took one look at Mia's lips which were still swollen from her kiss with Ryo and knew he had to taste her as well. Bending his lips to her neck, he left butterfly kisses up the base of her throat and across her jawline before settling himself on her mouth. He knew he was lost as soon as her soft moist lips met his. He thrust her into Rowen's waiting hands as if scalded. His violet eyes almost purple with desire.

Rowen knowing that look, wisely led Mia away from temptation as he settled her back on the couch between Cye and Ryo this time.

Kento slipped up behind her and kissed her softly on the cheek. A little embarrassed to be a part of this wonderful experience. Mia grabbed his wrist as he started to turn away, hope shining in her eyes. It was that look that was Kento's undoing as he collapsed next to the couch, running his fingers through Mia's locks as his lips sought hers out. Breaking the kiss, Mia smiled at each of them. They were in for one hell of a night, as new passions were brought to the front and new possibilities were explored.

The End.

(For now)