Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Day 2 ❯ The baby is here!!! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The baby is here!!!

"Its been two hours already, how long does it take?" Kenshin said this
as he paced around the room. Everybody had been waiting for two hours for the baby to be born, and Kenshin was a nervous wreck.

"Kenshin buddy, Jou-chan will be fine. The Fox and Dr. Gensai know what they're doing." Sano said.

"I know that they are good at what they do, but I would still really like to see Kaoru to make sure she's alright."

Just as Kenshin was saying this, Megumi walked into the room and smiled at the distressed Kenshin.

"Sir Ken you can come in now."

With that Kenshin ran faster than lightning into the next room.

"Talk about godlike speed." Said Sano.

As Kenshin entered the room he saw Kaoru with a blanketed bundle in her arms, her eyes glowing.

"Kenshin we have a baby boy. And he has red hair just like you and blue eyes just like mine."

Kenshin went over a gave Kaoru a gentle kiss. He than took his son into his arms.

"What do think of the name Kenji, darling?" Asked Kaoru.

"I think that name is absoulutely perfect Kaoru koiishi." Kenshin said.

As Kenshin looked down at Kenji, Kenji opened his eyes. Kenshin gave his son a kiss on the forehead.
Then Kenji reached up and grabbed Kenshin's finger and held on tight. Kenshin's violet eyes sparkled with such happiness as he had never felt before.
He sat down upon the futon where Kaoru lay and took her hand.

"Oh Kaoru, this is absoulutely wonderful. We have a son. A little piece of heaven.
Our family is truly complete. I love you Kaoru. And I love you to Kenji."

The little baby laughed as Kenshin tickled him.

"I love you to Kenshin koiishi. This is one of the happiest moments of my life. Now I have you my wonderful husband, and my baby boy Kenji.
And its so funny Kenshin he looks just like us!!"

Kenshin smiled at his wife and son, and then he asked:

"Why did it take so long Kaoru, I was so worried."

Karou laughed. "Kenshin that was actually a very quick birth."

"Well it didn't seem like it. It seemed to take forever."

Then Kenshin stood up and thanked Megumi and Dr. Gensai.

"Thank you so much for coming over so quickly," Kenshin said, "It just happened so suddenly."

"Well baby Kenji came a little early. But he is very healthy,and Kaoru-chan is fine, so that was okay." Said Dr. Gensai.
"Kaoru is very tired, but I know you will take excellent care of her Kenshin." Dr. Gensai smiled at the new father.

"Yes he will take good care of Kaoru and Kenji. Congratulations Sir Ken." Said Megumi with a smile.

Kenshin smiled. "Thank you Miss Megumi."

"Kenshin," Said Kaoru, "Why don't you go get everybody from the other room so they can come see Kenji."

"Okay. But they can only stay for a little while. You and Kenji need rest."

He smiled at his wife and son and gave them each a kiss before going to get the others.

Kaoru laughed and said to Megumi: "That man worries about me so much. He's so sweet."

"I know. You should have seen him earlier. He was pacing that room for the whole two hours we were in her. I think he wore out the tatami."

Then suddenly they heard everybody outside the door, and then they all came in with Kenshin at the front of the pack.

"Oh Kaoru this is so wonderful!!! Can I see him?" Asked Misao.

Everyone crowded around the futon.

"He has red hair just like Himura." Said Misao.

"And eyes just like Jou-chan's." Said Sano.

"He dosen't look like a racoon." Observed Yahiko

"Well I hope my grandson is as good a swordsman as my baka deshi." Said Hiko with a wink at Kenshin.

"I hope he inherits a more peaceful world, with no wars, like his father and friends had to go through." Said Aoshi.

"He's absoulutely perfect." Said Misao.

Kenshin gave Kaoru and Kenji a kiss and said: "Yes everything's absoulutely perfect."

Misao turned to Aoshi and said: "Well I guess you're the next father to be around here."

She smiles at him, but finds that Aoshi has fainted at hearing the news that she is pregnant.

"Well," Said Kenshin, "I guess he wasn't expecting that, that he wasn't."
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------

A few hours later after everyone had gone to bed, Kenshin, Kaoru, and Kenji were all in their room.
Kenji was asleep in his baby bed. Kenshin lay down next to Kaoru on the futon and he ran his fingers theough her raven black hair.

"Kaoru I am so glad that I have this life with you and Kenji, because I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you Kaoru."

Kaoru took Kenshin's hand.

"I love you to Kenshin, my handsome swordsman. We'll always be together."

And with that the couple kissed Kenji goodnight and fell asleep in each other's arms.