Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Day ❯ The Train to Yokohama ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Blessed Day 2

A Rurouni Kenshin original fic by Kchan88

Epilogue : The train to Yokohama


Kenshin and Kaoru sat in first class seats on the train to Yokohama. They sat in silence, just holding each other.
Kenshin ran his hands through Kaoru's raven hair, and she smiled up at him.

"Oh Kenshin, I'm so glad that we're finally married. And we get to spend two weeks in Yokohama together , just you and me. Can you believe it?" asked Kaoru, her blue eyes sparkling.

"Kaoru sweetie I can hardly believe that I'm actually sittting here with you in my arms, let alone that I get to spend two weeks alone with you." said Kenshin, interlacing his fingers with hers.

"We hardly ever get time for just the two of us. It was very nice of all of our friends to give us this present." said Kaoru.

"That it most certainly was." said Kenshin, kissing Kaoru gently on the lips. "It was very kind of them."

The couple looked into each other's eyes and smiled in complete and total bliss. Kenshin gently let go of Kaoru's hand and instead wrapped his arms around her shoulder and hugged her closer to him.

"I can't believe that I get to spend the rest of my life with you Kaoru, it seems almost impossible for me to be this happy." said Kenshin, looking at his wife.

"Well believe it," said Kaoru,"Because I'm not going anywhere. You deserve this happiness Kenshin. After all you've been through, you deserve to have peace and live a happy life with your family."

Kaoru began to play with Kenshin's ponytail, as she always did when she got bored.

"You really like my hair don't you?" asked Kenshin, curiously.

Kaoru laughed.

"Its just so long and red and its fun to play with." said Kaoru, running her fingers through it.

"How many children do you want Kaoru?" asked Kenshin suddenly.

Kaoru pondered the question for a moment, then smiled broadly.

"Lots and lots. And I hope they all look just like you." she said, kissing Kenshin.

Kenshin shook his head and smiled at his beloved.

"Well I was hoping that they would look just like you." said Kenshin, laughing.

The two began a lively argument about who the children should look like, and were so into it that they didn't notice when they pulled up at the Yokohama stop.

"Oh it looks like we're here that it does." said Kenshin grinning that famous rurouni grin.

Just as Kaoru was about to get up, she felt herself being swept of her feet, and found herself in Kenshin's arms.
Kaoru smiled up at her husband and looked into his violet eyes with her sparkling blue ones as the newlyweds kissed.

"What did you do that for?" asked Kaoru giggling.

"Well you looked tired so I decided that I would just carry you." said Kenshin, his red hair blowing in the wind as they stepped off the train.

"Well you were right, I am tired, and those heels were killing me. So thanks for the lift." said Kaoru smiling and laughing at the same time.

A whispered "I love you" passed between the couple as they got into the carriage and rode off into the night.