Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kenji's First Day of School ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: Rurouni Kenshin and Rurouni Kenshin characters are exclusively owned by Watsuki Nobuhiro, Shueisha, Sony Entertainment, Jump Comics and associated parties. Please note, this is purely fiction and for entertainment purposes only. This story is not meant for sale or profit.

Author's Notes: Part two of Kenji's first day of school. Enjoy! Gypsy-Chan. (Created 6/25/01, edited 4/15/03)



KENJI'S FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL
PART TWO



When the students returned from lunch, the teacher said, "Students please prepare your things, you will be going home soon."

The children obediently prepared their things. The teacher looked around, smiled and commended the children.

"You've done very well my students. Now, we have a little time left before your parents come. I would like everyone to take a nap so that you can be well rested when your parents arrive."

One of the students said, "But Yoshida-san we are not sleepy."

"Well, how about a naptime story," she asked.

The children all cheered. "Yay!"

Then the teacher asked, "Who would like to tell us a naptime story?"

One student raised her hand. The teacher called on the little girl. "All right Asami please tell the class your story. Asami told the story about the three little panda bears.

"That was very good Asami-chan," the teacher smiled.

Another student raised his hand. The teacher called on the little boy. He proceeded to tell a story about a teapot and a cup. The teacher commended him also on his story. She glanced around the room and found that many of the children were beginning to get sleepy.

"We will take one more naptime story. Who wants to go next," the teacher asked. Kenji raised his hand. The teacher saw Kenji with his hand up but tried to ignore him. Kenji kept waving his hands higher and higher, so much that everyone turned to look at him. The teacher had no choice but to call on him. She dropped her head into her hands and silently wondered, "kami-sama, what will he say?" She then looked up, smiled and said, "Himura Kenji, you may tell your story." The students giggled when Kenji stood up in front of the class.

The teacher looked at the class and said, "All right students, when Kenji is finished with his story you must all go to sleep."

The students replied in unison, "Hai Yoshida-san."

The teacher turned to Kenji. "You may proceed with your story Kenji-chan."

Kenji started off with, "Once upon a time there was a man named Udou Jinei, code name "Kurgasa". He loved the smell of blood. He killed many people including little children. He is dead now."

Kenji looked at everyone with a hint of amber in his eyes. He took out his wooden sword pointed it at the class and in a deep voice said, "So if you little brats don't go to sleep right now, Udou Jinei will come back from the dead and kill all of you."

The teacher fainted and the children all jumped up and screamed. As the parents approached the school they saw the children running out of the school screaming.

Kenji and Fujio were still in the school. Fujio walked over to Kenji and said, "Hey Kenji, nice story."

"Arigato. My uncle Yahiko tells me naptime stories like that all the time."

They both sat down to play.

Kenshin and Kaoru saw all the children running, screaming and crying. Kenshin was concerned about Kenji. Kenshin and Kaoru quickly entered the school and found Kenji and Fujio sitting in the corner playing happily together. Kenji looked up and said, "Hi Mommy and Daddy. This is my new friend Fujimoto Fujio."

"Hi," Fujio said.

Kenji pointed to the woman on the floor and said, "That is my teacher, Yoshida-san."

Kaoru arched her brow and asked, "What is she doing Kenji-chan?"

"Oh she is taking a nap," he answered nonchantly. "She must have really liked my naptime story."

Kaoru smiled and simply said, "That's nice."

Kenshin knelt down and sat next to Kenji and Fujio.

"Did you have fun in school today?"

Kenji nodded to his father. "Hai. We got to play in the corner all day."

"I'm glad you had a nice time," Kenshin said. He smiled at his son and pat him on the head. "Let's go home now Kenji-chan."

Everyone left the classroom except for Kaoru. Kaoru found a blanket and placed it over the teacher. The teacher was still lying on the floor.

Kaoru whispered to the teacher, "I hope you have pleasant dreams Yoshida-san." Kaoru quiely left the room. The teacher was tossing in her sleep. She was having a nightmare about Udou Jinei.

While they were outside, Kenshin asked Fujio, "Where are your parents?"

"They are away on business," Fujio answered. "My uncle is coming to pick me up."

"Well we shall wait for your uncle," Kenshin smiled."

Kenji was happy. He wanted to continue playing with his new friend. Haijime Saitoh walked up.

"What are you doing here," Kenshin growled.

"I'm here to pick up my nephew," Saitoh replied, growling in return. "You got a problem with that Battousai."

Kenshin began to coldly stare at Saitoh. Kenji looked at Saitoh and then asked Fujio,

"Is that your uncle the wolf?"

Fujio nodded, "Yes." Then Fujio looked at Kenshin and said, "Hey Kenji you are right. Your father can make his eyes turn yellow and green."

"I told you so," Kenji said.

"Oru," Fujio replied.

"No it is Oroo," Kenji corrected.

"Oh." Fujio said, "Hey Kenji, why do you keep saying Oroo?"

Kenji thought for a moment before answering, "I don't know. It is something my father says alot."

"Oh," Fujio answered.

The children started playing again while Kenshin and Saitoh were staring at each other preparing to fight.

The teacher finally regained consciousness. She looked around and saw that all of the children were gone. She remembered the story Kenji had told the children. She ran outside the school and saw Kenshin, Kaoru and Saitoh.

"Your children are forbidden to attend my school," the teacher said. "I never want to see them again. "

She pointed towards Kenji and Fujio and said, "They are not normal children. They are little monsters."

Kaoru became angry. She clenched her teeth and her fists and glared at the teacher.

"What did you call my child and his new friend?"

The teacher replied, "I said they are Monsters!"

"That's it!" Kaoru shouted before running over and beating teacher to a pulp.

Kenshin and Saitoh kept glaring daggers at each other.

"Hey Kenji, can I come over to your house to play tomorrow?"

Kenji tugged at Kenshin's hakama and asked if Fujio could come by their house and play. Kenshin smiled at Kenji and nodded yes. He then return his to Saitoh, glaring daggers at him again.

"Well I guess it's Okay. See you tomorrow," Kenji chirped.

"Okay," Fujio smiled. He then pulled Saitoh away from Kenshin and went home. Kaoru walked over to Kenshin.

"I don't like this school."

"Neither do I," Kenshin replied as he glared into the direction Saitoh had left.

"But we are not giving up. I know of another really good school that Kenji and Fujio could go to."

Kenshin and Kenji looked at each other and sighed, "Oroo!"


THE END