Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ New Life, New Meaning ❯ ~Morning~ ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
(A/N: Okay, I haven't read many RK fics, so I don't know if this would be considered cliche, but I don't think so. Anyway, it's a cute, fluffy Sano/Megumi fic. Scratch that, it was originally SUPPOSED to be fluffy. Unfortunatly, a sleepless night of planning has made me plan major angst for this fic. Damn insomnia... I guess it would probably be set after the series, but since I didn't see the whole thing yet, we'll just stick it in somewhere. (I've seen up to ep. 24, then 75, and I've read 16-24 of the manga) And... um... I hear Sano went to America at the end of the series, but let's just pretend he didn't for the fic's sake. This would also be ingnoring anything that happens in Seisouhen, since I only saw the first part of it, and was greatly confused. So I'm ignoring it untill I see the rest of it. That and any other OAV that came out.... Okay, we'll just say that it's AU, ne? Anyway, please enjoy!)

(Warnings: Wow..... There are actually no warnings for this fic.... Um... maybe a bit of mild swearing, but other then that.... nothing.... Wow. I amase myself sometimes. (It's the first time in months that I write a fic with no yaoi or shonen ai in it. lol))

New Life, New Meaning (Part 1)
~Morning~

by: AniDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
The sun began to peek over the horizon, eluminating the sleeping city of Tokyo. As the sun rose higher, it slipped in through a window and ilumitaed the sleeping couple in the room. The green haired woman tightenned her grip around the man next to her's waist as she silently begged the sun to give her a few more minutes of sleep. But alas, the sun won over, for it is truly impossible to sleep with such a light shining directly into your eyes, and she really was much to comfertable to move away.

Eyes fluttering open, Takani Megumi looked over to the sleeping form next to her. Sagara Sanosuke's face was crinkled up in an obvious attempt to keep the sun out of his face. The fox woman let out a small giggle, which got an annoyed grunt out of the half asleep man.

Unfortunatly for Megumi, the morning didn't only mean sunshine. It meant work, work, and more work.

Not to mention a little something she had still neglected to tell her lover.

She bit her lip, trying to keep the thought out of her head. She wasn't sure exactly how he would react. After all, they had only been together for about a month or so. Was he ready for something this big? But still, ready or not, it was something that had to be said. She only hoped that he wouldn't take it too hard....

"Sano," She whispered.

"I don't wanna get up," He whinned, "Too comfy."

"Sano, I'm late."

The unruly haired man opened one eye, "What are you talking about? The sun just came up, you don't have to be at work for another hour or so."

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, "No, that's not what I meant. I mean I'm late."

"No, I told you, you still have about an hour, and--" Suddently, she felt him tense up, "Wait.... Say that again?"

She sighed, "I said that I'm late."

"You mean you're... and we... and that we're... and you think..."

"I mean that I think I'm pregnant."

She felt Sanosuke tense up even more, if that was at all possible. Time had suddently slowed down, and it seemed like forever that neither of them spoke.

"Sano?" She tried after what seemed like ages.

"Y.. Yeah?" He answered, his voice an octave higher then usual.

"Are... are you okay?"

"I... I think so."

Taking her nervousness into her own hands, Megumi looked up into his face. His eyes were wide, and he was looking straight up at the celing.

Megumi looked away, "I.... I'd understand if you'd want to leave..."

"Nani?!" Sanosuke exclaimed, turning so he was facing her, "What are you talking about? I wouldn't leave you for the world!"

"I... I thought that it might scare you... The responsibility that comes with this, and..."

He grabbed her face in his hands and quickly pressed his lips against hers to silence her. Pulling away only slightly, he brushed one hand through her hair and a weak smile crossed his features, "Damn, you worry too much. Sure I'm scared, a little bit... And I know we haven't been together long, but... You know... I think I can handle this..."

Megumi felt tears sting her eyes. She burried her face in Sanosuke's chest and he wrapped his arms around her. After a minute or so, she could feel his shoulders shaking in a nervous laugh.

"Heh. Daddy Sano. Who would have thought?"

She mirrored his laugh, "I think you'll make a good father. As long as you don't swear around the kids too much."

"Kids?! Wow! Wait a sec! I thought there was just one!!!"

Now Megumi was laughing full out, "There is just one, baka! But... I might want more, later on..."

"Let's stick to one for now."

Megumi grinned michiviously, "You know, it could always be twins. Even triplits. There's no way to be sure..."

"Don't even joke."

The fox laughed, and snuggled up a bit closer to her lover, "Ne, how are we going to tell everyone?"

Sanosuke frowned, "Good question. Well, I'll go see them while your at work and tell them to meet us at the Akabeko tonight, and we'll just take it from there. How does that sound?"

Megumi smiled against his chest, "Sounds good, but.... You're gonna have to let go of me, so that I can go to work."

Sanosuke hugged her waist tighter, "Aw... Do I have to?"

**********

Kaoru was training with Yahiko when she saw Sanosuke apear at the entrance of the dojo.

"Here for another free meal?" She called out in a scolding tone.

Sanosuke let out a light chuckle, "I only wish. Where's Kenshin?"

"He's with Kenji, out back. Why?"

Sanosuke sat down on the porch, "Could you tell him that Megumi and I want everyone to meet at the Akabeko tonight?"

"Oh," Kaoru replied, a bit confused, "I guess. What's the occasion?"

Damn, He thought, She always asks that.

"Like I said, it's kind of a long story."

"What's a long story?" Kenshin asked, coming out front with a frowning Kenji in his arms.

Sanosuke sighed, "Nothing. Just come meet Megumi and I at the Akebeko tonight, alright? I'll explain everything then."

Kenshin laughed, "Alright, we'll be there," Just then, Kenji grabbed a large chunk of his father's hair and pulled hard on it, "Itai! Itai! Kenji, let go of daddy's hair! Let go of-- OW! Okay, I get it, I'll pass you over to mommy."

Sano watched Kenshin hand the boy over to his mother and sighed. Would things be like that with him and Megumi now? Even though Kenji was... rather violent, they seemed to happy together like that. He couldn't help but smile as he turned and walked away.

~End of Chapter 1~

~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~