S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ HOLD ❯ Close calls and lose ends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two



“Ayase…” said the shocked Kazuma.

“Well long time no see huh Kazuma?” said Ayase as she enter the house from the opened door.

The young brown-haired female had looks that made her look like she was between the ages of seventeen to nineteen. She had long brown-hair that passed her waist, and had lavender eyes. She wears a navy-blue jacket half open showing her white shirt that she wore under , blue jeans that reached from her waist all the way to her black high-heeled boots. She had an alter named Noble Tempest , which it was used with her long hair to turn anything to water with just a touch.

“How can you be alive?” asked the confused Kazuma.

“How can I be alive you say?” mocked Ayase as she started walking from her position to Kazuma.
“Well you can say that I had luck on my side on that day when we both fought” she said just as she stop within a foot away from Kazuma. “After I…” she continued but she was interrupted by Kanami.

“Kazu-kun who was it that yelled your name?” said the young hazel-haired girl as she had started walking toward Kazuma while looking at the long-brown haired women who was standing just in front of Kazuma.

“Kanami” said Kazuma as he looked down at her which she was already beside him. “I would like you to meet Ayase she is person who I told you that she…” Kazuma stopped saying in remember that it would be rude of him to say that she died in front of her. “Well you know” he finally said while still looking at Kanami.

“Yes I remember” said Kanami as she started to remember.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Her memory~

It was one nighttime and Kazuma was outside on top of their house’s roof that was half broken, which you could see half of the attic. The house had some of the windows that are all broken with only some wood to cover it. The house seemed like a big house enough to have a family of six.

“Kazu-kun!” yelled Kanami from the front yard of the house. “What are you doing up there?” she asked as she looked up to her friend from her position.

“I’m just looking at the stars that’s all” said Kazuma as he still stared the stars.

“Then I’ll look at stars with you then” she said as she sat down on the ground with her knees bended under her.

They both looked at the stars for a long time without saying a word to each other.

“Hey Kanami did I tell you something about women named Ayase?” asked Kazuma as he finally broke the silence that was going on between them.

“No you didn’t Kazu-kun” said the hazel-haired female as turned her head around and looked up to the Kazuma who was still staring the stars. “Who is she?” she asked.

“Well” he said while still staring at the stars. “She was someone that I helped during her rescue of her brother, Akira, which she seemed to love him so much as her life” Kazuma said as he still stared at the stars.

“Well where is she?” asked Kanami as in wanting to know more about this Ayase person whom Kazuma talks about.

“She is long gone” said Kazuma not moving his stare from the stars. “She and I at first battle each other somewhere in the Mainland over the sea. She was sent to kill me in order to have her younger brother saved. But, during our battle her younger brother died, and after that she died from refinement that those bastard doctors did to her during the time she was captured” Kazuma didn’t say anything after that, but just stare at the stars without moving his head.

“Oh I’m sorry Kazu-kun” said Kanami as she lowered her head feeling horrible that she asked that question.

“It’s ok” he said as he finally looked down at Kanami who had her head up looking at him with just a few tears coming down from her eyes. Then she stared down with her tears still coming.

“I just wished that I found someway to save her” he thought as he looked at the stars in the sky again. “But as bad luck would have it” he thought again as he still stared at the stars. “It was too late” he thought again as he still stared at the stars.

Then, Kanami looked at Kazuma again and saw something that she would have never seen in Kazuma.

“Kazu-kun” she thought as she saw Kazuma have two tears coming down from both sides of his cheeks.

From there on they just stared at the stars without exchanging words to each other on that night that was filled with millions of stars , almost like a sea full of starfishes that you would be see underwater during the day under the sunlight.

~End of Memory~
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Kanami?” asked Kazuma as he looked at her with a little concern because she had been quiet for quite a while.

“Yes Kazu-kun?” she finally said as she stop remembering.

“Is everything all right?” he said as he looked at Kanami with still concern written on their faces.

“Well I hope that everything is alright” finally spoke Ayase as she looked at Kanami.

“Oh please” said Kanami as she looked up to Ayase. “ Don’t worry I’m alright” said Kanami as still with a smile on her face.

“Ok I hope so” said Ayase as she looked back at Kazuma.

Then, she gasps while covering her mouth with her both hands. “Kazu-kun didn’t you had to go somewhere today?” she asked as she looked at Kazuma with her hands still covering her mouth.

“Oh yeah” he started to remember. “I have to go do something for someone that lives not far away from here” he said as he looked at Kanami. “Thanks Kanami for remembering or otherwise I would have forgotten it” he said as he patted Kanami on her head.

“Your welcome now you should go” she finally said as she got behind him and started to push him by his back to make him walk toward the exit door of the house.

“Ok I’m going geez” he said as Kanami stopped pushing him. “Wait would you like to come Ayase?” as he turned around and looked at Ayase, since he was pushed passed her by Kanami.

“Sure um…” said Ayase as he looked at Kanami. “What about you Kanami would you like to come with us?” Ayase asked as she walked toward the both them.

“Thank you very much for asking” said Kanami as she bow down in front of Ayase. “But I would rather stay here since I have to make dinner” Kanami said as she lifted her head up to look at both Ayase and Kazuma.

“Ok well…” said Ayase but was interrupted by Kazuma.

“Ok you heard her answer now let’s go or otherwise would rather instead stay with her?” said the annoyed Kazuma as he started heading outside the house.

“I think you should go with him I’ll be fine don’t worry” said Kanami as she got behind Ayase and started to push her toward the exit door.

“Ok are you sure?” Ayase said as she was standing outside the house thanks to Kanami for pushing her.

“Yeah, I will be” Kanami said as she looked where Kazuma was, which he was pretty far away now. “And I think that you should start walking too”

“Ok well we’ll be back soon” with that she left seeing that young hazel-haired female still waving good-bye.

As Kanami started to see Ayase walking away from the house towards Kazuma, she had a question that still wonder through her head. “Wasn’t she …, and if she was how did she come back?” thought the young girl as she went back inside her house to prepare dinner.

Ayase started running toward Kazuma who was very far away from her. After a few seconds she had catch up to him.

“Well it took you long enough to catch up” said Kazuma as he had his both hands crossed on the back of his head.

“Well thank you for telling me” said Ayase with a little annoyance. “Well what was this someone you had to help too anyways?” she asked as she looked at Kazuma who was still looking forward.

“This someone was an excuse” he said with a low-serious tone. “We aren’t going to any place that is close here. We are going to a place that is where they captured and took you to the Mainland” he stopped walking as so did Ayase. “We are going to see this new organization named HOLD” he finally said while looking at Ayase.

“So that’s where we’re going huh?” she finally said as she looked down.

“Yes I didn’t expect that you would come or to say come back from the dead” he finally said as he grabbed her both arms pulling her toward him. “How did you come back alive?” he asked as he had his face just two-inches far from hers.

Then, she turned her head to the right. “I’m sorry Kazuma but that I can’t answer” she said as still having her head turned to the right side.

“Why?” he finally asked as he still looked at her even though she wasn’t looking at him. “Answer me why or how did you come back?” he asked her again as his grip on her both hands were tightening by every command that he made.

“Didn’t you die on that day that we fought?” he asked again while his grip getting tighter.

“Yes I did but…” she was interrupted.

“Didn’t you sank into the water when you were saying you last words?” he asked again as he grip getting a little tighter.

“Yes but you have to list…” she said but again was interrupted.

“Was that all a lie or a scam that you made up to make me think that you died on that fateful day?” he asked as his grip got a little more tighter.

“Kazuma I can’t tell you” she said as turned her head to meet his brown-eyes with her own lavender ones. “Everything will come clear to you when the time is right” she said as she felt her both arms in pain by the tightness grip of Kazuma’s arms.

“I want to know” he continued to say as he let his rage and confusion get to him, not knowing that he was hurting Ayase at the same time.

“Kazuma…let…me…go” she finally said as her voice sounded in pain.

Kazuma loosen his grip on her into letting go of her.

He finally realized what he was doing and turned around. “ I’m sorry Ayase” he finally said while having his back faced at her.

“It’s ok Kazuma” she said as she started to feel the pain that had once started from Kazuma’s arms being lifted. “I understand that you want to know the answers to your questions but as of right now I can’t tell you.” she said as she started walking passed him. “Like I said you will have to wait till the right time comes” she said as she started walking. “Till then you have to be patient” she said while having her back facing him, as she still continued walking.

“Ok” he said as he started walking toward Ayase. When he catch up to her he said “ But you better promise me that you will tell me someday how you came back” as he looked forward while he continued walking.

“Oh don’t worry I will promise that” she giggled as she walked looking forward to their destination.

To where they will face many impediments and new rules.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------
~At HOLD~

“Well it seems that I have some work to do with these new projects too” said Mimori as she was in her room that was given to her at HOLD for her to stay.

She continued looking at her looking at the files that were on her table, until she heard a knock at the door. She put the few papers that she had on her hands and started walking toward the door. When she open it a young brown-haired suited man that appeared in front of her.

“Yes what may I help you with?” Mimori asked as she still let the young-man enter her room.

“Well sorry for the inconvenience but I just came from the orders of Rakuro to asked you to come see him at his office sometime today” he said with a serious voice.

“Ok sure I will go as soon as I can” Mimori said.

“Ok I will tell him that you will be seeing him soon, till then goodbye” said the young brown-haired man as he started walking toward the door. Then, left by shutting the door of Mimori’s room slowly.

“I wander” she said as put a hand-turned-to -fist like under her chin. “ Why does Rakuro want to see me?” she thought instead of saying. But, left that question on hold because she had to go back to what she was doing before going to her boss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------
~At HOLD later that day~

Mimori was in her boss’s office as she was instructed to do so early that day.

“You wished to see me sir?” the young raven-haired asked as she was standing in front of her boss’s desk, on the opposite side of him.

“Yes I know that you from our records is the daughter of our sponsor for this organization am I right?” asked Rakuro as he looked at Mimori’s records that her identification card and what she specialized in.

“Yes you are correct” she said as in wandering through her mind of where he was going with this. “May I ask you why did you want to know that sir?” she asked while looking at Rakuro who still was looking at her records.

“I have asked you that just to make sure that is all” he finally said as he started looking at her.

“Well is that all that you needed to ask me sir?” Mimori asked again.

“No actually I have asked you to come and see me because I have assigned you on an mission to go the Development Area” he said as he started taking out a sheet from his desk that had some names written on it. “I need you to go with this team of doctors to the Development Area because you seemed to know more about in diseases and how to cure them better than the others in this facility” he said as he gave her the sheet with the names on it.

“So you want me to with this team to the Development Area tomorrow then?” she asked as she looked at the sheet that said that the mission starts tomorrow, but not at the names in her team.

“Yes but what I need for you to do is to tell me how are people from the Development Area doing so far in economy and health is that understand?” said Rakuro with a serious voice.

“Yes sir it’s understood?” said Mimori.

“Well then you may be dismissed and good luck tomorrow” Rakuro said as he turned around.

“Thank you sir” Mimori said as she bowed down and then started heading toward the exit door, and left.

One minute later…

“Kentai make sure that she does her job” said Rakuro in a serious voice as Kentai came out from his hiding place. “I want no interference is that understood?” he said to Kentai with a still serious voice.

“Yes sir I will make sure of that” with that said Kentai left.

“You better Kentai ” Rakuro said as he grabbed a glass cup that was lying by the corner of his desk. “Or you know what will happened to you if you do fail on this assignment” he said as he tighten his grip on the glass making it break in his hand leaving just a few small-open wounds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------
~The next day~

Mimori was outside of HOLD, preparing supplies with other people in her team that needed to be brought for her journey to the Development Area.

“Miss Kiryu should this supplies go over here or over there?” asked one of the male doctors in her team.

“No this supply should go to the back of the van ok?” she said as she pointed at the big-white van.

“Ok thank you” said the male doctor as he started walking back to the van with the supplies.

As Mimori was about to go get other supplies for her trip she was stopped by someone familiar.

“I see you still didn’t listen to what I said to you the other day” said an emerald-haired man in a monotone voice.

Mimori turned around to see that it was Ryuhou.

“Ryuhou” she said as she had her face half happy to see him, but also half sadden for what he had said to her already and what was next to come from him.

“I thought I told that going to the Development Area and staying here was dangerous for you?” Ryuhou said still in a monotone voice.

Mimori was so tired of him always telling her to go back to her home, where she can be safe. She had started to wander of what was he meant by being safe from what. From the Lost Ground and it’s half city being ruled by Native Alters or by him.

“Look I thought I told that I’m not going back to the Mainland” she finally said as she started walking toward him. “I’m tired of you always telling me of what to do already” she said as she was in front of him by three-inches from his face. “Well I’m here to stay rather you like it or not!” she yelled it loud enough for Ryuhou to hear, but not loud enough for others to hear because of the noises from the motor of the vans that were on and many voices that were heard from the doctors.

“Well I see that you won’t listen to me at all” he sighed. “Then I have to be your safeguard until you leave this place” he said while he didn’t move from his spot.

“No I don’t need your help to keep me from danger” she said with a little anger.

“Yes you do” he said as he still looked down at her. “Because now that this place has become a place of Native Alters too” he said as he still looked at her with his ruby eyes to her brown ones. “Which means that this place isn’t safe anymore” he said in a monotone voice while he still didn’t take his stare from Mimori.

“Well if that is how this place is going to be then so be it” she said as stepped away from him making the space between get bigger. “I wish that you would stop worrying about me” she looked at him again with her brown-eyes meeting his ruby-eyes again. “Because whatever you say or do to me I will never leave this place” with that she turned around and was about to walk back to the room that had boxes of supplies for the trip, until she was interrupted by Ryuhou again who grab her right arm.

“Did you know that I’m in your team by the way?” he asked Mimori as he looked at the back of her head as he still had his grip on her right arm.

“No I didn’t” she said in shocked but didn’t turned around to face Ryuhou. This made her trip to the Development Area even worst, because this gave Ryuhou and advantage to keep demanding her to go back to the Mainland. “Well it’s great that you are coming” she said with almost a sincere smile. “Now if you excuse me” she said in making Ryuhou let go of her right arm. “I have to go and get some supplies ready” with that she left his side walking back to the supplies room.

“She’s a stubborn woman I can give her that” Ryuhou thought as he looked at her walking away from him. “But I can’t let her stay here any longer” he thought again as he took his stare away from Mimori to the ground that he was standing. “I have to find some way to make her go back to the Mainland” he thought again as he lifted his head to look at the blue-clearing sky above him. “So that I can be at peace that she is somewhere safe. Well at least on this trip I can keep an eye on her” he thought as he went to back to get his things ready for the trip to the Development Area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Later that day at the conference room~

“So it seems that everything is going according to plan am I right?” asked Rukaro in calm.

“Yes the mission that you assigned with our sponsor’s daughter is what we need for this plan to commence” said Radem as he looked at some other documents that were on the desk.

“So what is the importance of Miss Kiryu going to the Development Area anyways?” asked Dai as he took a sip of coffee from his cup.

“Well it seems that she has be known as the genius that skipped seven grades and finished college at the age of eighteen” said Rukaro as he looked some of other papers that lied on the desk.

“Well that is not why we wanted her to go to the Development Area right?” asked Dai as he looked at Rukaro.

“No the real reason is that we wanted her to go to that place…” paused Rukaro as he turned around to see the back screen that was turned on. The screen show pictures of the Lost Ground and it’s inhabitants that are still living there. “Is to see if there is someone that has a special disease named Dematerialized which is to make something physical like a human body disappeared with no return” said Rukaro as he turned back to his employees with a serious look. “Which it means that it can kill Alter Users too”

“Which you mean that if you had this Dematerialized disease…” Radem paused again as he looked at the screen that had pictures of known Native Alters that have committed crimes. “Then you can have the ultimate weapon of mass destruction to kill all Native Alters including the ones from this organization is that right?” he asked as he took his stare from the screen to Rukaro.

“That is correct” Rukaro said as he continued to look at more papers that were on the desk.

“So Miss Kiryu is the perfect person to find out who has this disease then am I right?” said Dai as he continued to take a sips of his coffee.

“That is correct” said Ruakro as he stopped looking at the papers that he had in his hands and looked at his employees again. “Which means that when she comes back she should be coming back with some little sample or so with the Dematerialized disease” he said as he got back at looking at some papers that were in his hands

“Well how did you know that there was such a disease in the Lost Ground anyways?” asked Radem as in wanting know more of how this disease started.

“Well from what I know is that is has started to developed over the Lost Ground over the years, but slowly” said Rukaro as he continued to look at some other documents. “It is said that some Native Alters have gotten it already and end up dying within two or three days after the disease has started to take over the victim’s body” he said as he finally put some of the papers on the desk.

“This sounds sick” commented Dai as his face started to turn a little pale from the thought of having a disease such as that within him and destroying him from it’s start till the end.

“Don’t worry” laughed Rukaro as he saw that Dai had turned a little pale. “You won’t get this disease none of you will now get back to work” he finally said as his both employees got up from their seats and returned to their work.

“Let’s hope that everything does go according to the plan” Rukaro thought as he turn around again to look at the screen that still continued showing flying pictures of the Lost Ground and it’s Native Alters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Back at the trip that has started~

Somewhere inside of a big-white van had passengers Mimori and Ryuhou and a team of doctors.

“Miss Kiryu we’ll be at the Development Area in just a few more minutes” said the driver as he kept looking forward since he was still driving.

“That will be great thank you for telling” Mimori said as she got up from her sitting spot and started to walk to the back of the big-van. “I hope that I can help this people with no interference from Ryuhou” she thought as she got to the back of the van and went to a room that had all types of medicines. But, just as luck would have it she had entered the room that someone very familiar to her was already there.

“Well it seems that now we are able to talk to each other with no interference” said a familiar voice as he appeared from behind the doorway of the room that Mimori had just entered. “Which is good because interference is not what I want for as of right now” said the still familiar voice as door closed behind Mimori.

Mimori turned around to see who was the person who was talking to her when she finally turned around she said in surprise the familiar voice’s name.

“Ryuhou” she said as she looked at him.

“Yes it’s me” he said as he started to walk away from the closed door toward the still surprised Mimori. “I just want you to know that I will try any means necessary to make you go back to the Mainland” said Ryuhou as he stopped walking within one-foot away from Mimori.

“Oh really” said Mimori she stared at Ryuhou with her arms crossed above her chest. “Then, what is that you will use to make me go back to the Mainland?” she asked as she still stared at him with her two brown-eyes meeting his red-ruby ones.

“If any danger comes near you in this mission” Ryuhou said in a monotone voice. “I will personally ask our commander of HOLD to ask you to leave this area at once for your own safety” he said still in a monotone voice as he stared down at her looking at her brown-eyes.

“You think that I will let you do that to me?” she asked with her anger inside of her rising.

“Yes you will let me do that” Ryuhou said coolly. “Because you are just making things worst with your presence” Ryuhou said as he still stared at her with an expressionless face.

“Oh so that is why you want me to go back to the Mainland?” she asked as she put her both hands by her sides. “Well I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for bothering you with my presence” she said as she started backing herself away from Ryuhou slowly. “And I hope that I don’t be such a bother to you in the future” she said as she continued backing herself away from Ryuhou. “But…” she said as she stopped within six-feet away from him. “I will not leave this place because I have other reasons that I came here for” she said as she looked at him. She saw no expression appeared from cold-stare that have been watching her for a long time from now.

“Is that all you had to say?” Ryuhou finally asked as he still looked at her with his still expressionless face. “If that is all then you really should go back to the Mainland” he said as he now had his both arms crossed over his chest. “Where it’s your home with your family” he continued to say in a monotone voice.

“Is that what you really want me to do go back to the my home?” Mimori finally asked as she looked at him with almost sadden face.

“Yes” he said with no expression showing on his feature of his face. “That is what I want you to do because that way you can in a safer environment than here” he said as he put his crossed arms down to his sides.

“Well I’m sorry you think that I’m not in a safer environment” Mimori said as she looked to her right side in avoiding his cold stare that he was giving her. “But I won’t go back to the Mainland because here is where I will I stay even if you disagree with me or the whole world does” she said as she still looked to her right side staring down. “But I won’t leave this place because you say so” she finally said with some courage she had within herself as she lifted her head to stare at the tall emerald-haired man that was standing before her. “I will leave this place of my own free will!” she yelled at Ryuhou with all her might.

“You are a fool!” he yelled back at her. “Go back to the Mainland where you belong!” he said as he his cold stare changed to an anger-face.

“No I won’t go back!” she yelled back with her anger rising within her still.

“Go back!” he yelled back as he looked at Mimori which her face was starting to become red.

“I won’t go back!” she yelled again. “And you know what?” she asked him with her anger already risen. “If the boy that I knew from seven years ago was going to become this type person…” she paused as she stared down at the ground in having feelings of regret of what she is about to say. “ Then I wished that we have never meet in the first place!” she yelled at Ryuhou as she looked up seeing his cold-expressionless face break in showing little signs of hurt from his features of his face.

Silence had entered the room since Mimori had said that comment.

“Say that again” Ryuhou finally said as he started walking slowly toward Mimori.

Mimori didn’t say anything or move at all from her standing spot as she saw Ryuhou getting closer to her.

“I can’t say it again it hurts me if I say it again” Mimori thought as she saw Ryuhou got closer to her by each slow step he took towards her.

“Say it again” he asked again as he continued walking towards Mimori.

“I won’t say it” she thought as she closed her eyes knowing that Ryuhou was now in front of her by five-inches away from her.

“Say it again” he asked again as he grabbed and pulled Mimori forcing her body to be touching his. “I will ask you one more time” he said as he used one of his hands to lift her head up to face his. He saw that she was in pain from what she had said because her eyes were getting watery.

She didn’t say anything but just stare at him.

He asked her again without losing his grip on her “Say it again” he said as he lowered his head as leaving two-inches of space between their faces.

“I can’t” she thought as she still looked at Ryuhou getting closer to her. “I can’t answer it because it hurts me so much” she thought again as Ryuhou had his face away from her by an inch.

“If you won’t answer then I will…” Ryuhou said as he finally got closer to Mimori’s face, their noses were touching at this point. “Then I will…” he repeated again as their faces were so close.

To be continued