S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ S-cry-ed, renewed ❯ Mad Script part three ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The next morning
 
Ayanna stepped out of her room, fully dressed in her new HOLY uniform. Kazuma stopped. He had been walking down the hall and now stared at Ayanna. She saw him and smiled.
“Oh, hi!” she greeted. Kazuma smiled back and walked towards her.
“Good morning. I'm going down to the gym,” he told her.
“Nice. Mind if I join you?” Ayanna asked. Kazuma was taken back.
“Huh?” he replied. “You…You want to come with me?” he clarified.
Ayanna smiled sweetly. “Why not?” she answered. Kazuma laughed.
“Sure you can come! I'll walk you there!” he said and held out his arm. Ayanna smiled.
“That's great!” she replied and took his arm.
 
“…99! 100!” Kazuma grunted. He breathed heavily and stood up.
“That's all you're doin' Kazuma?” Urizane asked as he used his watermelons as weights.
“I'm exhausted!” Kazuma wiped his face of sweat. He turned as he heard Ayanna's voice.
“Whoa! Haha! Not that much! That's too heavy!” she laughed. Emergy, who stood over her, a fancy man with an ascot, took off a few pounds on either side of a barbell that lay above Ayanna.
“There, how's that?” he asked. Ayanna reached up, gripped the pole and lifted the weights from her neck, above her head, and back. Kazuma smiled from where he stood and walked over.
“Hey, you still liftin' that thing?” he asked. Ayanna set the barbell on it's hold and smiled at Kazuma.
“Yeah! What, you stopped `cause you're such a weakling?” she teased. Kazuma lunged at her.
“Who're you callin' a weakling!” He started to tickle her unmercifully. Ayanna shrieked and laughed crazily.
“Hey! Hehehe! Hey stop! Ahahaha! You coward! Hahahaha!” she laughed. The HOLY members watching couldn't help but laugh as well. They've never witnessed a tickle fight down in the gym before.
“Hey Kazuma, that's no fair!” Urizane shouted from across the room. “She's defenseless!”
Kazuma stopped to look up at Urizane. “Defenseless? That was the point!” he argued. As he looked away, Ayanna sprung up at him. They both fell to the floor wrestling. Urizane stopped lifting his watermelons to watch.
Kazuma and Ayanna rolled across the floor. Kodono had to jump over them to avoid being hit. Ayanna clung to Kazuma's arm and Kazuma prepared to grab her from behind when she ducked and grabbed him around the torso. Urizane and Elian started to laugh at the two.
Kazuma grabbed Ayanna's left leg, flung her over and pinned her arms to the ground. She struggled, but Kazuma kept her down. Urizane continued to laugh. Kazuma was so exhausted he just collapsed on top of Ayanna. Kazuma and Ayanna started to laugh for no reason, but the laughter faded and Ayanna stared at Kazuma, who stared right back, for he was laying on top of her.
“Okay, you lovebirds, stop fooling around,” Urizane laughed and spat a seed at Kazuma. Kazuma immediately scrambled to his feet and Ayanna sat up.
“Hey melon-man, watch where you're spittin' those seeds!”
Suddenly, Kazuma and Ayanna turned as Ryuhou entered the room. He didn't look too happy.
“What's wrong, Chief? Huh? You look like something's makin' you mad again,” Kazuma taunted.
“There's still one test that hasn't been done to see if you, Kazuma, are qualified to be here,” Ryuhou replied. Kazuma looked at Ayanna as she stood up.
“What about Ayanna?” Kazuma asked.
“Didn't she tell you? She already took this test while you were still studying,” Ryuhou answered. Ayanna looked from Ryuhou to Kazuma.
“So what is this test?” Kazuma asked.
“Kind of a trial by combat,” said Ryuhou. Kazuma smiled.
“Sounds good!”
 
“The rules are simple. Land a winning blow in the other's target zone. That's it,” he said and pointed up at the scoreboards. That board will display our scores. Time limit is a total of five minutes.”
“Okay, I got it! Come on!” Kazuma raised his arm.
Ryuhou held up his hand. “Wait. One thing. You can't use any alter powers.” Kazuma lowered his arm.
“So you wanna fight bare-handed?” he asked.
“It's not allowed. Remember, this is a game with rules.”
 
“Commander, just how long do you intend to let this soap opera to continue?” Ryuhou asked. He stood in front of Martin Sigmar's desk. Sigmar folded his hands.
“Until Kazuma wants to be a member of HOLY with every fiber of his being. I won't stop until then,” Sigmar looked up at Ryuhou. “Those native alters we captured during our last operation need to be transported on the Mainland. You will have the duty of escorting them there,” Sigmar ordered.
Ryuhou put his hand over his hand in salute to the Commander. “As you wish, Commander.”
He left the Commander's office. Seyaa was waiting for him outside.
 
The buzzer sounded for the fight to begin.
“You ready?” Kazuma asked. He swept forward and prepared to hit Ryuhou, but his opponent dodged aside. Ryuhou began to strike, but Kazuma parried and kicked. Ryuhou ducked.
“Gotcha!” Ryuhou struck forward and hit Kazuma in the stomach. Kazuma flew forward and skid across the ground. Ryuhou did not gain a point.
“Not enough for a point,” said Ryuhou. Kazuma stood up, unharmed, and held up both fists.
“I think I like this! I can relax and enjoy the fight because it's not a matter of life and death,” Kazuma proclaimed.
“That's what we call rules,” Ryuhou replied.
“I see.” Kazuma lunged forward. Ryuhou was expecting Kazuma to strike, so he held up his arm. However, Kazuma spun around Ryuhou. But Ryuhou dodged again.
“Impressive!” Ryuhou complimented.
Ryuhou avoids Kazuma's fist…Ryuhou attacks. Kazuma avoids his punch. As the fight continues, the former enemies begin to accept each other. Kazuma smiles! Ryuhou smiles back! And. . .
The buzzer sounds again, depicting the end of the match. Ryuhou falls flat and Kazuma drops to his knees. Ryuhou quickly sits up and they both take off their helmets.
“It's a draw,” Ryuhou smiles and stand up. “I really am impressed Kazuma. You're my true equal in unarmed combat with more than enough ability to be considered top class,” Ryuhou walked towards Kazuma and held out his hand. “There are no more doubts. There's no question that you're worthy. I accept you as a member of HOLY. From this moment on, you're one of us,” Ryuhou announced.
“Not yet!” Kazuma interrupted.
“What?” Ryuhou replied.
“You heard me! That's not nearly enough to satisfy me!” Kazuma glared up at Ryuhou.
“Huh, what's that?!”
“It's not enough!” Kazuma jumped to his feet and raised his fists. “We're not through! And you know it!” he shouted at Ryuhou.
“What are you talking about?” Ryuhou took a hesitant step back, “The game is over!”
“No, what the hell are you talking about? This is the opportunity you wanted! I guess I'll have to wake you up!” Kazuma ran forward and tried to land a punch at Ryuhou. Ryuhou runs backwards screaming.
“No wait, Kazuma! Wait! We're friends now!” Ryuhou screamed.
“That's got absolutely nothing to do with this,” Kazuma continued.
“Stop saying those things! There's no dialogue like that in my script!”
“There's no way we're gonna stop this match now!
“That's not right! How can he just ignore my wonderful dialogue?”
“We're gonna keep on fighting until we know for sure one way or the other!” Kazuma shouted.
“Huh? That's not the dialogue I wrote!” Part of Unkei's script rips.
“I give up!” Ryuhou raised an arm and holds his stomach where he was hit by Kazuma. “It's all over and I lost! Let's just call it quits, okay?” he asked nicely.
Kazuma stopped and glared at his enemy. “Excuse me, let's just what? How could you possibly say that?” Kazuma suddenly froze. Hold on, Kazuma thought. How could he be such a wimp that he'd just give up? Wait a minute, what the hell am I doing here at HOLY? Think…Think…Right! This guy in front of me is my worst enemy! How could I forget? Why didn't I remember?” Kazuma thought.
“No, wrong!” Kazuma shouted, “This is not that guy! Tell me the truth!” Kazuma's alter forms over his right arm.
“No!” Ryuhou shrieked, “Don't!”
Kazuma ran forward and struck with his Shellbullet. “You are not real!”
Unkei's script starts to pour out of Kazuma's mind. Paper flies everywhere. “Ryuhou reaches out to Kazuma. Kazuma takes his hand. They stare at each other. The decide to be the best friends ever! They are like brothers! Inseparable! Kazuma and Ryuhou are the ultimate…”Unkei's mad script faded away and Kazuma was left standing in front of Unkei on the roof. Kazuma was wearing his normal inner clothing. His Shellbullet shines in the light of morning.
“Was all of this your doing?” Kazuma demands.
“What did you do to my wonderful story?” Unkei glared, “My script was perfect!”
Kazuma raised an eyebrow. “It was just a lousy piece of writing! It sucked! No twists in the plot!” Kazuma prepared to strike at Unkei with his alter.
“No, no, no,” Unkei shook his head and Ayanna appeared in front of him. “You wouldn't want your little girlfriend getting hurt now, would you?”
Kazuma stopped and gasped. “What? Let her go!” he shouted.
“I don't think I'll do that,” Unkei smiled.
“You bastard!” Kazuma lunged forward with his alter and crushed the side of the building as Unkei dodged, bringing Ayanna with him.
“You missed me!” Unkei teased and laid a hand on Ayanna's shoulder.
“Don't you touch her!” Kazuma jumped forward and hit Unkei full on with his alter. Unkei screamed and was thrown back. Kazuma stopped to stand in front of Ayanna. Unkei recovered.
“What's wrong with her? Ayanna?” Kazuma looked into Ayanna's eyes. They were covered in mist. Kazuma glared at Unkei. “What's wrong with her?!” he repeated.
Unkei smiled. “She's still being controlled by my Mad Script. Only something intense, like you fighting Ryuhou, could bring her back,” Unkei explained. “I'll be seeing you!” Unkei took this time to disappear. He knew he couldn't defeat Kazuma.
“No! Hey, you coward! How could you just leave a fight!” Kazuma shouted back to him. He turned back to Ayanna. He stared at her, frantically trying to think of how to bring her back to the real world. Flashes of his experience in Mad Script were brought back to him. He saw Ayanna's face as he laid his hand on hers in the backseat of the car…Or when he danced with her for the first time…Or that morning, when they locked arms.
In Mad Script, we're our normal selves, aren't we? Which means, all those things we did…Were real…”And what I felt for you those past few days…It was all…real,” Kazuma slowly leaned forward and pressed his lips gently against Ayanna's.
At first, there was no response, so Kazuma pressed his lips harder. His eyes closed, when suddenly…There came a response. Ayanna's hand came up to touch Kazuma's cheek and she kissed Kazuma passionately as Kazuma suddenly opened his eyes to see Unkei's script peel away.
Ayanna sat beside her new friends. `What a wonderful place, she thought. I don't ever want to leave. Kazuma looks so happy. This is the perfect place for me to live',” came Unkei's voice from Mad Script as it left Ayanna.
 
“There it is!” said Kazuma. He and Ayanna stood together in the middle of the runway, watching the plane that came closer. “They're in there!” he added.
“Let's get `em,” Ayanna glared.
“Shocking first bullet!”
“Everlasting Kinshir!”
Both attacks were suddenly evaded. Zetsuai appeared in front of Kazuma, blocking his attack. Seyaa, the HOLY member jumped in front of Ayanna, bringing out her alter as she did. It was a shield attached to her arm. It caused Ayanna to be thrown backwards. She quickly regained composure and held forth her hand. Her invisible alter shot forward and Seyaa barely dodged the attack. Unfortunately, the alter cut through her long, black hair.
“What are you doing!” Ryuhou ran forward and grabbed Kazuma around the neck.
“Let go of me!” Kazuma shouted and pushed Ryuhou off.
“You escaped Unkei's Mad Script power!” Ryuhou breathed. The plane with the native alters started to take off.
“Ayanna!” Kazuma ran forward, wrapped an arm around Ayanna and punched down at the ground. His alter hit and caused them both to fly into the air, towards the plane.
Unfortunately, the fans turned on and suddenly blew the two back. They landed roughly against a rock.
“No!” Kazuma gritted his teeth. Ayanna watched the plane fly off in amazement.
“We…didn't make it…” She whispered, “Takena…”