Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Twins’ Trap ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 31 goes up. This is Chapter 33. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 33: Twins' Trap
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
“Good night, Skinn.” The eldest Noah remarked, dangling a sweet between her fingers.
 
“Sweet Tooth lost?” Tyki asked.
 
“Not really.” Road replied. “I didn't feel the guy Allen's group left behind exit through my door.”
 
“A double kill?” Tyki inquired.
 
“Are you crying, Tyki?” Road teased.
 
“Don't touch me.” Tyki retorted as tears ran down his cheeks. “The tears came out on their own.”
 
“What's with this?” The Noah wondered as Road laughed. “Is the Noah within us crying?”
 
“Maybe.” Road replied as she wept as well. “It might be the Noah.”
 
On the top of a wall, Lulubell had taken off her sunglasses, crying over Skinn's demise.
 
“Oh?” Tyki blinked as David kicked the door open and the twins entered.
 
“Road, do you have a tissue?” Jasdero asked.
 
“You guys have black tears!” Tyki noted.
 
“You dumbass Tyki!” David scolded.
 
“Our markup ran!” Jasdero added.
 
“Here.” Road replied, tossing the immature twins a towel each.
 
“A rag would have worked just fine.” Tyki rebuked.
 
“Shut it!” Jasdero rebuked as the twins wiped their tears. A chicken popped up from Jasdero's hat and started chuckling.
 
“Shall we hold a farewell party in Skinn's honor?” Road asked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Exorcist group…
 
“Lenalee, what's the matter?” Allen asked when the girl stopped in her tracks.
 
“Kanda told us he'd catch up when he finished.” Lenalee remarked.
 
“He probably beaten by Skinn!” Rero quipped.
 
“He certainly is running late.” Krory noted.
 
“I'll head back to check up on him.” Chaoji offered.
 
“Yuu's just fine.” Lavi stopped him.
 
“You're telling me that punk killed Skinn?” rero asked incredulously. “No chance! The Noah Clan are immortal!”
 
“It's true that they haven't died so far,” Lavi pointed out. “But isn't that just because they've never faced opponents stronger than themselves?”
 
“That may be so, but once the new Ark's done downloading its data, the room he's in will be destroyed!” Rero quipped.
 
“We'll definitely find the door before that happens.” Allen told the Golem determinedly. “All we can do right now is believe in Kanda and press forward.”
 
“Allen…” Lenalee blinked. “That's right.”
 
“We'll keep going forward.” Krory agreed.
 
“Yeah.” Chaoji nodded.
 
“Man, Allen, it's almost like you've become really strong.” Lavi joked.
 
“When Kanda returns, I won't let him call me Beansprout anymore.” Allen replied.
 
“Look at how much it bothers him.” Lavi teased.
 
“He really hates being called a Beansprout, huh?” Krory whispered back.
 
“Let's go.” Lenalee remarked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in Road's room…
 
The four Noahs were toasting in Skinn's memory.
 
“Farewell, Skinn.” Road begun, raising her glass of milk.
 
“Goodbye.” Jasdero added, raising his glass of wine as David blew his nose.
 
Tyki sighed, raising his wine glass and taking a sip.
 
“I'm crying again.” Jasdero sobbed.
 
“Why is this happening?” David asked, as he kept on crying.
 
“Skinn was the child of the Noah's wrath.” Road explained. “He was different from Jasdebi's bonds, Tyki's pleasure, Lulubell's lust and my dreams because wrath was the most vivid and painful of the Noah's memories.”
 
“He had some fierce mood swings every now and then.” David sobbed.
 
“He sure was a complicated guy, huh?” Jasdero wept.
 
“Being the children of Noah, we instinctively think to kill all Exorcists on sight.” Road added. “But for the child of wrath, the conviction of the Noah was just too strong and it made him fight almost like a puppet.”
 
“He was a guy who could only fight.” David agreed.
 
“Skinn was such a poor Noah!” Jasdero sobbed.
 
“By the way, didn't the Earl of Millennium leave hunting down Cross to you?” Tyki reminded.
 
At that, the twins stopped sobbing.
 
“Who's that guy?” David mumbled to his twin.
 
“Shall we go with that story?” Jasdero asked. “That one just now.”
 
“You blew it again, didn't you?” Tyki inquired knowingly.
 
“Shut up! We failed! You got a problem with that?” David retorted.
 
“We're too afraid to face the Earl of Millennium.” Jasdero added. “You got a problem with that?”
 
“Is that Cross guy really that good at running away?” Tyki asked as the chicken in David's arms crowed. “Maybe I should go after him…”
 
“He's our prey!” the twins chorused.
 
“We went after him before, but all we found was this chicken!” Jasdero protested.
 
“Oh! So that's why you have a chicken.” Tyki realized.
 
“Damnit! Cross, you bastard!” David cursed. “Making cock-ups out of us!'
 
“Cock-a-doodle-doo!” Jasdero added just as a stack of invoices fell out of his pocket.
 
“What's this?” Road asked, picking up the stack of bills. “An invoice?”
 
“Cross left that to Jasdebi to take care off.” Jasdero supplied.
 
“Idiot! Don't tell them that!” David scolded.
 
“On top of outfoxing you, he also left you his bill?” Tyki pointed out amusedly.
 
Road started bursting out in laughter.
 
“Damn that asshole Cross!” David hissed.
 
“Huh? This name's…” Road stopped laughing when a name appeared on an invoice.
 
“Oh, that's Cross's pupil.” Jasdero replied. “There are some for him too.”
 
“Hey, hey, Jasdebi.” The oldest Noah chuckled as an idea came to her. “Should I tell you something interesting?”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the exorcist group…
 
“This hallway's so freakin' long! I wonder when we'll find the next door.” Lavi complained.
 
“Yeah…” Chaoji agreed.
 
“It's the guy on the invoice.” Jasdero quipped as the twins snuck a look in their binoculars.
 
“So, he's Cross's pupil, huh?” David grinned.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
“Why'd you let them go?” Tyki asked.
 
“A dream is most fun when you're watching it.” Road replied.
 
At Tyki's confused expression, she added, “Do dreams end when they become reality?”
 
“So dreams of teasing Allen Walker bring a smile to your face, and you also enjoy watching them make his nightmares reality?” Tyki noted.
 
“Something like that?” Road beamed.
 
“You're so crooked.” Tyki remarked as Road picked out the `Red Riding Hood' book from the bookshelf.
 
“Look here.” Road added, flipping to the page where the wolf laid on the grandmother's bed. “Times like these are the most exciting.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the Exorcist group…
 
Allen stopped in his tracks when he heard something.
 
“What the hell're those?” Lavi asked as empty wine bottles rolled towards them. “Alcohol bottles?”
 
“Why are things like that…” Allen wondered outloud.
 
“A bomb's hiding among these bottles!” Jasdero quipped. “I wonder where it could be! If you don't find it and deactivate it, you'll all go `boom'!”
 
“A bomb?” Krory stammered as the wine bottles stopped before Allen's feet.
 
“Is that true?” Lenalee asked.
 
“Find it! Find it!” Lavi urged after a while.
 
“Which is it?” Krory asked everyone besides Allen, picked up the bottles one by one.
 
“Hurry it up!” Rero quipped.
 
“I recognize all these alcohol brands…” Allen blanched. “They're definitely all the brands of alcohol Ami-nee and I brought for Master.”
 
“For Marshall Cross?” Lenalee echoed.
 
“And they're all on the bars' tabs.” Allen paled. “That was a harsh servitude. `Your tab is picking up.' And `I've no more sake to sell to the likes of you!' `Even if you say that, if we don't bring some back, he'll be pissed off.' `You've gotta cut me a break!' `Please!' If we begged and apologized, we'd finally be able to bring some sake home!”
 
“Allen, is this really the time to be remembering things like that?” Lavi asked.
 
“The most expensive alcohol here is…” Allen added, after his reminisce.
 
“Shumatsu.” He finished his sentence as he leapt and grabbed the bottle. “This one!”
 
“The bomb's in that one!” Chaoji exclaimed.
 
“Deactivate it!” Krory panicked.
 
“Hurry!” Lavi urged.
 
“How?” Lenalee asked.
 
“The timer inside's gonna run out!” Chaoji flustered.
 
“Hurry! It's gonna blow!” Rero cried.
 
“Hey, Allen! Pitch!” Lavi called out.
 
“Sure!” Allen nodded as the Bookman-in-training revealed his hammer. Then, using the hammer, Lavi knocked the bottle away, baseball-style.
 
“Run away!” David cried as the twins fled when the bomb fell in front of them.
 
“Not good!” Jasdero exclaimed as the bomb exploded.
 
“Thank goodness.” Krory breathed in relief. “That was magnificent, Lavi.”
 
“It was nothin'.” Lavi beamed.
 
“Why was Master's favorite alcohol here?” Allen wondered. “By some chance, could Master be in the Ark?”
 
“He could well be, Allen.” Lenalee pointed out.
 
“Your Master would set a bomb trap for his student?” Chaoji was stunned.
 
“My Master would never do something like that!” Allen replied.
 
“Is what I'd like to say…” he finished his sentence as Lenalee and Chaoji sweatdropped.
 
“Well, in any case, let's keep movin'.” Lavi remarked.
 
“To think Master could be lying in wait somewhere…” Allen sighed. “I'm not sure if I want to keep going anymore.”
 
“I wonder if the one responsible for this were…” Rero wondered.
 
The group had not managed to proceed a few feet when they found themselves trapped as two iron grills slid down from in front and behind them and an iron spiked grill came down from on top of them.
 
“We're about to get skewered!” Krory gasped.
 
“Cards?” Allen blinked as poker cards fell to the ground.
 
“You have to make the hand we tell you to within three seconds.” Jasdero instructed.
 
“If you can't, you'll all become shish kebabs!” David quipped. “Three of a kind!”
 
“Here!” Allen replied without a moment's hesitation, the Ace of Spades, the Ace of Diamonds, the Ace of Clubs, the Ten of Spades and the Six of Hearts in his hand.
 
“Correct. Next, a full house!” David instructed.
 
“Got `em.” Allen answered, milliseconds later, the Jack of Hearts, the Jack of Spades, the Seven of Hearts, the Seven of Spades and the Seven of Clubs in his hand.
 
“Correct.” David quipped.
 
“That was fast.” Krory noted in awe.
 
“Nothin' less from you, huh…” Lavi added.
 
“Royal Straight Flush!” David instructed.
 
“Sure.” Allen deathpanned, the Ace of Spades, the King of Spades, the Queen of Spades, the Jack of Spades and the Ten of Spades already in his hand.
 
“Correct.” David quipped.
 
“Amazing, Allen!” Lenalee breathed in awe.
 
“This is child's play.” Allen replied.
 
“You might've won, but we're still gonna to crush ya!” David remarked.
 
“How cruel!” Krory gasped as the spiked grill came falling down fast.
 
“Ah! Skewered!” Chaoji exclaimed in horror.
 
“Now's our chance.” Lavi commented, stopping the grill's descend with his hammer.
 
At that, Allen opened a hole in the grill in front of them with his claw, allowing everyone to crawl out. Retrieving his hammer, Lavi rolled out of harm's way as the spiked grill crashed onto the ground.
 
“Let's go.” Krory remarked.
 
“Childish pranks like these can only mean…” Rero pondered.
 
“Don't think this is over.” David remarked from the smoke.
 
“Alcohol followed by cards…” Allen wondered.
 
“They're all items centered around Marshall Cross, huh?” Lenalee asked.
 
“Yeah.” Allen replied. “Ami-sempai's lucky she isn't here to go through this all over again.”
 
“Now, it's roulette?” Lavi blinked at the roulette table in front of them.
 
“Allen, let's not bother facing them, and move on.” Lenalee suggested.
 
“Yeah, I agree.” Allen replied.
 
“Hold it right there!” David voice sounded from up top, stopping them. “If you don't take the challenge, then it's `boom' for you.”
 
“Your lives are the chips.” David added, beside his twin. “Gonna pick black? How `bout red?”
 
“Our lives are the chips?” Krory gasped.
 
“If you choose the wrong one, you're through!” David mocked.
 
“I don't want to be torn to shreds!” Rero whined.
 
“Well, life itself is a gamble.” Allen chuckled somewhat evilly.
 
“Allen.” Lenalee stammered.
 
“No matter which we choose, there's a 50% chance we'll die!” Chaoji added.
 
“No helping that. So we'll accept their challenge?” Allen suggested.
 
“Right, we'll leave this to Allen.” Lavi nodded. “He's a better gambler than the rest of us.”
 
“We're counting on you, Allen.” Krory agreed.
 
“Got it.” Allen nodded. “Everyone on red.”
 
“Okay, start the roulette!” David instructed and the roulette started to spin.
 
As the wheel started to stop, Allen smiled, knocked the table with his knee, causing the ball which was supposed to land on the black 2 to fall into the red 25 slot.
 
“You cheated!” David accused.
 
“Do you have any proof?” Allen asked.
 
“Your leg bumped the table! It bumped it!” David retorted.
 
“Oh? Did it really?” Allen asked.
 
“He's got some balls.” Krory noted.
 
“It's a matter of experience, experience.” Lavi replied.
 
“That's unfair!” the Jasdero and David twins fumed.
 
“People who won't even show themselves have no right to dictate what's fair.” Allen shot back.
 
“Fine then. We'll show ourselves to you.” David replied. “Keep going straight down. We'll be at the end of the hall.”
 
“If you can get there, that is.” David quipped.
 
“What's wrong, Allen?” Krory asked as the younger Exorcist turned around.
 
“I could've sworn I heard a noise behind us just now.” Allen replied.
 
“A noise? Like what?” Krory asked.
 
“Like something was cracking.” Allen answered.
 
“What the hell?” Lavi exclaimed, the group fleeing as the ground behind them started crumbling.
 
“The floor's…” Allen cried as he ran for his life.
 
“Crumbling beneath us!” Lavi finished his sentence.
 
“It's right behind us!” Chaoji exclaimed, as he brought up the rear.
 
“How long is this stupid corridor, anyway?” Lavi demanded.
 
“Chaoji!” Allen gasped, turning back to grab the non-fighter with his Clown Belt.
 
“Nice one, Allen!” Lavi remarked.
 
“Lenalee, there's a flask of blood I received from Chomesuke in my pocket.” Krory told the girl in his arms. “Would you get it for me?”
 
“Right.” Lenalee nodded. “Um… is this it?”
 
“Yes.” Krory nodded and gulped down the blood.
 
“We'll push right through! Hang on, kids!” the powered-up Krory grinned, grabbing the rest in his grasp and flew through the hallway.
 
“Krory!” Allen gasped.
 
“Hey, why do you have to hitch a ride?” Chaoji scolded the Golem with them.
 
“Don't be such a tightwad!” Rero whined.
 
“Look over there!” Allen gasped, pointing to the exit.
 
“The corridor's comin' to an end!” Lavi beamed.
 
“This place is…” Lenalee blinked as Krory skidded to a stop, causing the other three males to fall heavily onto the ground. “A study?”
 
“So this another room that's yet to be downloaded from the Ark?” Allen wondered.
 
“It's like an archive.” Lavi noted.
 
“Yo, Exorcists.” David greeted the group as the twins dropped down from a hold on the roof.
 
“Name's David.” David introduced himself.
 
“Jasdero.” Jasdero added. “Together, we're Jasdebi.”
 
“Jas…” Krory blinked.
 
“Another funky guy's come along.” Lavi added.
 
“I knew it was you, Master Jasdebi.” Rero sweatdropped. “Master Jasdebi, weren't you supposed to go after Cross?”
 
“Shut the hell up!” the twins chorused.
 
“Failed again, huh?” the Golem guessed.
 
“We're incredible vexed right now.” David replied.
 
“Master Jasdebi, did you hear me?” Rero reminded.
 
“Allen Walker!” David called out. “We don't have much of a grudge against you.”
 
“But Cross has been getting to our nerves lately and his pupil's gonna pay for it!” Jasdero added.
 
“So you're saying he's the scapegoat for your anger.” Rero sighed.
 
“Divine Punishment!” the twins beamed, aiming their shotguns at Allen.
 
“Wait, what did Master say?” Allen asked.
 
“Allen!” Lenalee gasped when the twins fired their shotguns.
 
“Huh? They hit him, but he's not wounded.” Lavi blinked.
 
“An invoice.” Krory remarked, picking up a rolled up bullet and reading from it.
 
“The kind that asks for you to pay off a debt?” Lavi inquired.
 
“A pupil's gonna work off his Master's debts!” David grinned as the twins leapt down from the ledge and landing on either side of Allen. “Loading” Blue Bomb!”
 
“Allen!” Lenalee exclaimed as the twins fired their bullets simultaneously.
 
“The gun's power has changed!” Lavi realized.
 
“It's not the guns. We changed the bullets.” David corrected.
 
“I see.” Allen remarked, unscathed by the attack. “Those tricks earlier were your doing.”
 
“That's right.” Jasdero replied.
 
“Are you guys the Noah after Master?” Allen asked. “Judging from the fact you're attacking me, it's safe to assume he's doing well.”
 
“Clown Belt!” he unleashed his attack. The extended cloak-like armor on his shoulders then knocked the twins into the bookshelves.
 
“Are you okay?” Lenalee called out.
 
“Wait a sec, are they after you?” Lavi inquired.
 
“Seems that way.” Allen replied. “In any case, be careful. Those things they're shooting aren't normal bullets. They have some kind of special power.”
 
“Thank god Ami-sempai taught me how to defuse her Innocence.” He added, crashing the ice that covered his arm with his claw.
 
“Things are getting fun.” David noted, getting up from his fall.
 
“It's been a while since I last rampaged!” Jasdero agreed, jumping about. “I wanna know something. If we used you as a hostage, could we lure Cross out?”
 
“Not a chance.” Allen deathpanned.
 
“Allen… your eyes say you don't trust him either.” Lavi pointed out.
 
“This Cross isn't very trustworthy, is he?” Jasdero grinned.
 
“He's the type who would throw his pupils out as a diversion so he could escape.” Allen replied flatly.
 
“Allen.” Lenalee blinked.
 
“Well then, this game…” Jasdero's grin widened.
 
“Will be a war with Jasdebi.” David added. “We'll let you be our diversion, Mr. Pupil.”
 
To be continued….
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: And the group meets up with the Jasdebi pair; the Bonds of the Noah Clan. Will they get out of this alive? Stay tuned to find out. In the meantime, read and review.