Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Online: Gaiden ❯ Seeking in the Past and Present ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I know that you must be waiting for the second half of what happens to Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi on the fourth floor of Aincrad, but I’m sorry to say that won’t happen until later. For this new year, I’m starting a new story. You see, lately, I’ve been watching YouTube and I’ve been watching ‘playthroughs’ of the game ‘Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag’ where they have a TON of stories and as you might expect, it has given me a TON of inspiration in which this story is a result of that. I hope that you like it, folks, but don’t worry, I’ll get back to Progressive in due time. Now, I must give thanks and credit to Belletiger and Kanius as well as Kanius’ YuYuGiDigiMoon fanfiction series, especially his The Invasion of the Rajita story, for giving me permission to use the idea of Valkyrie Sailor Soldiers and everything that’s a part of them in my fanfiction. I would like to give thanks and credit to Kanius and his YuYuGiDigiMoon series, including this author’s Dawn of Chaos story, and LazerWulf for giving me permission to use the idea for their version of Sailor Charon, namely the fact that she is Sailor Pluto’s sister among other things. I would also like to give thanks and credit to Matty G91 and this author’s story of Kamen Rider Lunar for giving me permission to use Kamen Rider Lunar, his looks, and everything about him as well as the UNI-SHOCKER organization as well as the idea of Darth Revan Sammy Tsukino, the other alternate versions of said character, and the basic plot of this one-shot.

 

Now, with that out of the way, as they say on SAO: Link Start!

 

I DO NOT OWN Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Naruto, Accel World, Digimon series, Yu-Gi-Oh R/GX/5Ds/Zexal/Arc-V, Kingdom Hearts, Hyperdimensional Neptunia series, Gundam series, especially Gundam Build Fighters, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Mortal Kombat, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, Maken-Ki, Tenchi Muyo series, Ronin Warriors, Pretty Cure, Queen’s Blade/Gate, Dragonball Z/GT, Star Trek series, Star Wars, Log Horizon, Sonic the Hedgehog, DC universe, Marvel universe, Assassin’s Creed, Senran Kagura, Sekirei, Monster Musume, Karin/Chibi Vampire, 12 Beast, Stargate series, One Piece, Final Fantasy, Rave Master, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Code Lyoko, Transformers, and anything/anyone that comes from these and other stories that end up in this fanfiction! Sailor Moon is owned/licensed by Naoko Takeuchi and its various studios and publishers, Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō, Naruto is owned/licensed by Masashi Kishimoto, Yuuto Date, Jump Comics, and Studio Pierrot, Digimon is owned/licensed by Toei Animation and its various directors, including Hiroyuki Kakudo, Yu-Gi-Oh is owned/licensed by Kazuki Takahashi, Toei Animation, and Studio Gallop, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is owned/licensed by Naoyuki Kageyama, Studio Gallop and its various directors, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is owned/licensed by Katsumi Ono and Studio Gallop, and Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō!

 

Warning: These stories may and will contain mature level intense violence, blood, gore, death, mild to explicit suggestive themes, including mind-control and brainwashing, mild to explicit bad language, and mature adult themes/situations!

 

Second Warning: Some to a lot of OOC (Out of Character) actions and mannerisms in these series of stories!

 

Prelude: A castle of stone and metal floating in the sky that consist of one hundred floors. Within this massive structure, there are countless cities, villages, towns, forests, plains, lakes, and whatever you can imagine. There is only one staircase that connects one floor with another and these staircases are located within dangerous mazes filled with monsters. The players with navigate through these floors to the top with nothing than the weapons in their hands. And yes, I said players.

 

This is the world of Aincrad, a floating castle in a virtual sky, and yes, I said VIRTUAL sky. This world and this floating castle world are in a realm made of digital information…the world of Sword Art Online. A world that was supposed to be game, but because a nightmare prison when its creator, Akihiko Kayaba, trapped the ten thousand players within this virtual world and if they die here, they will die in real life. The ten thousand players struggle in this ‘game death’ to reach the top of the floating castle where the final boss and the key to their freedom waits.

 

You may know this story and the stories that come after it, but do you know all of the stories? All of the tales that happened within the floating castle? What about the tales that happened after the floating castle was conquered? There are stories connected to the ‘tale’ of this floating castle, its ‘history’, and its ‘aftermath’, but they weren’t told…until now. These are those stories…

 

Sailor Moon Online: Gaiden

 

Story 24: Seeking in the Past and Present

 

Note: This story takes place after the events of World’s Song, but the flashback takes place in the time period between Hollow Fragment and World’s Song.

 

November 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim

 

Inside of the VRMMO game, Alfheim Online also known as ALO for short, we head for Svart Alfheim, a group of floating landmasses that are above ‘mainland Alfheim’, in which we go to the main player city of this area known as Ryne. Within Ryne, there is a shop/bar run by Agil, a Genome player and SAO survivors, and right now, there are a group of players by the name of Kirito, a Spriggan, Asuna, an Undine, Usagi, another Undine, Dai, a Salamander, Akari, yet another female Undine, and Strea, a female Genome and she is an AI, once part of Mental Health Counseling Program for SAO. Also with them, there is Yui, a Navigation Pixie, an AI that was also part of SAO’s Mental Health Counseling Program, Kirito’s and Asuna’s adoptive AI daughter, and believe it or not, Strea’s elder ‘sister’. They are together and they hear a bell signing that someone has enter the shop/bar in which they look to see Rain, a female Leprechaun, enter and coming towards them.

 

Akari says, “Rain!”

 

Rain says, “Privyet, everyone!”

 

Asuna says, “Hello, Rain!”

 

Rain asks, curiously, “It is just all of you?”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “Yep! Everyone else has something important or they are out on a quest!”

 

Strea says, “It is just us!”

 

Rain asks, curiously, “What are you all doing?”

 

Kirito says, “We really aren’t doing much right now.”

 

Yui says, “We are just talking about stuff right now.”

 

Strea says, with a grin, “Yep! We were discussing when all of us first came to ALO!”

 

Rain says, “Really? I think that I remember that all of you came to ALO a few months after SAO’s end.”

 

Usagi says, “That’s right. After a lot of us recovered from our physical ‘weakness’ once we got out of SAO.”

 

Asuna says, “It was hard for all of us.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “We know. We had to help my sister, Kari-chan’s brother, and our friends that were trapped in SAO as long as you were. Kari and I are different because even through we were trapped in a virtual world nearly as long as you guys, we didn’t go through rehabilitation like you did.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod of understanding, “Because of the advanced Medicuboids that you were in used special nano-machines to repair your ‘damaged’ bodies while your minds were trapped in Rainbow Gardens.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “Yeah.”

 

Rain says, “I still can’t believe that there is a ‘living virtual world’ out there.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “You know it. Kari-chan and I lived in it for a long while.”

 

Akari says, “It is the reason that we handled SAO so well. We basically ‘lived’ in a virtual world for a while.”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “Rain-chan, when you first came to ALO, was it hard to learn how to fly?”

 

Rain says, with a nod, “Yes, it was. Like you must have done, I had to start with the training controller and even then I was unsteady.”

 

Usagi says, with a sigh, “I know the feeling.” Usagi rubs her head as she remembers the ‘accident’ she had using the training controller for the first time.

 

Akari asks Rain, “Did you have any help?”

 

Rain responds, “I mainly learned by myself, but I had help from plenty of helpful Leprechauns.”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “Did you make any friends?”

 

Rain says, a bit shyly, “I wasn’t into making any friends at the time…for reasons.”

 

Kirito tells Rain, with a smile, “It’s okay, Rain. We understand.”

 

Rain asks, curiously, “By the way, what was the first quest that you did in ALO?”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “Man! That was an adventure…”

 

Asuna says, a bit nervously, “That’s one way of saying it, Kirito-kun.”

 

Rain gives a confused look and Dai says, “It was shortly after Kirito, Asuna, Usagi, and the others that have been trapped in SAO joined ALO. As you may suspect, the ALO veterans among us including Kari-chan and yours truly were helping ‘spread their wings’…”

 

Flashback; April 14, 2025, ALO, Butterfly Valley

 

Within Butterfly Valley, we find Silica unsteadily flying through the air with Pina flying beside her.

 

Silica tells Pina, nervously, “I…I got it, Pina…” However, Silica’s wings ‘vanish’ and she yelps as she falls down causing Pina to show panic on the little blue dragon’s face, but the panic on Pina’s face changes to relief as Akari catches Silica in her arms.

 

Akari asks, “Are you okay, Silica?”

 

Silica says, with a nod, “Thank you.”

 

Akari tells Silica, with a kind smile, “You have got to take it…Well, one ‘step’ at a time.”

 

Silica says, with a sigh and nod, “Yes.” On the meanwhile, we find Kirito and Leafa looking on as Asuna floats/flies around pretty well, but there are times that she stumbles in which Kirito catches her.

 

Kirito asks Asuna, “Are you okay, Asuna?”

 

Asuna says, “Y-Yes. It is just a bit…unusual.”

 

Leafa says, with a smile, “I’m not surprised. You just started ALO and you just started voluntarily flight training. Flying without the training controls isn’t an easy thing to learn and in fact, plenty of ALO veterans, even those that started in ALO when it first started, still use it. Some get the knack of it and plenty don’t, but you are doing quite well for first timers.”

 

Asuna says, with a smile, “Thank you, Leafa, but I don’t think that Kirito-kun and I are even close to your level yet.”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “I don’t know, Asuna, I think that I have got it down.”

 

Leafa says, with a nervous smile, “The flying, yeah…but the brakes…not so much.” Kirito gives a nervous chuckle and rubs his head as he, Leafa, and Asuna float back down to meet up with the others.

 

Klein says, with a sigh of relief, “Whew! I get why this is such an ‘elite skill’ to learn.”

 

Lisbeth says, “No joke, Klein.”

 

Kendo says, “Well, you are working with ‘appendages’ that you don’t have in real life.”

 

Sam says, with a nod, “That’s true.”

 

Akari says, “Anyway, you, guys, are doing pretty good.”

 

Philia tells Akari, “Thanks, but we still have a ways to go.”

 

Hana says, with a smile and a nod, “True, but you are doing really great.”

 

Haruka says, with a smile, “While we know that they still have a ways to go with voluntarily flying, I think that it is time to move onto another aspect of ‘life’ in ALO.”

 

Tomoe asks, “What is that Haruka-papa?”

 

Haruka says, plainly, “Combat.”

 

Klein asks, “Why do we need to learn about that? Isn’t this game based on the same system as SAO? And doesn’t it have Sword Skills like SAO now?”

 

Kirito tells Klein, “Yeah, but there also a lot of other stuff that wasn’t part of SAO including the ability to fly, Klein. And that means that there is plenty of aerial combat in ALO.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Bingo, big brother. Remember, ALO is different from SAO since it is a PvP heavy skill-based game instead of level-based. Combat is going to depend on the skills that you have.”

 

Sam says, “And included in those skills is magic.”

 

Klein says, with a nod and nervous tone, “Oh, yeah.”

 

Kirito says, “Plus, Sword Skills may be part of ALO now, but they aren’t the same Sword Skills. For one thing, there is the new OSS system.”

 

Taichi says, looking at Leafa, “Leafa gave us a good example of that.”

Leafa gives a nervous look and Minako says, with a grin, “Come on, girl! Take a bow!”

 

Leafa says, annoyed, “Cut it out!”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “Also, the regular Sword Skills don’t give just physical damage anymore. They also have elemental magic damage too.”

 

Silica asks, curiously, “Really?”

 

Izumi says, with a nod, “That’s right, Silica. Different Sword Skill combos give out different elemental magic damage. It has really changed the balance of the game and made it more…Well, ‘balanced’.”

 

Kendo says, “Before the newest additions to ALO, magic-users always had an advantage over weapon-users. Even those that used weapons, mostly, had to learn some magic to have any changes. However, with Sword Skills added into the mix, the balance has returned to make weapon-users equal to magic-users especially with the fact that Sword Skills are added with them having elemental magic damaged mixed in with physical damage as well.”

 

Takeru gives a whistle and Yui, who is floating by Kirito, says, “Kendo-san is right. Before Sword Skills were introduced to ALO, magic-user had an advantage over weapon-users since weapons only caused physical damage and monsters with high defense against physical attacks caused weapon users problems as well as players since they can equip armor that protected them from physical damage attacks which made the learning of magic necessary. However, now, with Sword Skills, given elemental magic damage and physical damage, have balanced out the game for weapon-users since now, they don’t need to learn magic to inflict elemental damage to their opponents. Plus, in combination with magic, elemental magic and elemental magic enhancement magic, you could perform combos that are beyond what you have done in SAO.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Yeah, I can see that Yui-chan.”

 

Kido says, “I’m still amazed that she is your daughter.”

 

Dai says, “Not surprised. Unless you were with us in SAO at any time, you aren’t going to believe that this cute little pixie is their daughter and that she is a free-willed AI or something like our Digimon partners.”

 

Hino says, “Anyway, back to the point, combat is ALO is going to be different than SAO for all sorts of reasons. You have experience in combat in VR due to your time in SAO, but ALO is whole other story.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “I agree. Even Sword Skills is different in itself. With the additional of elemental magic damage, we need to know what skill is best for the opponent and situation at hand.”

 

Asuna says, “I agree, Kirito-kun.”

 

Haruka says, “And I think that we should have a review of the basics.”

 

Yui says, nodding her head, “I agree. Reviewing ALO, its backstory, and its ‘play maniacs’ is a good way to start before going into ‘tutorial battles’ and quests. Daddy did well only because General Eugene seemed to be a ‘weapon-user’ style.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “But that doesn’t mean that he is no joke, Yui. Remember, General Eugene is one of the best players in ALO. He revivals Usagi’s friends, who are known as the ‘Great Nymphs’, the most elite players who are all female players.”

 

Minako says, with a grin, “Of which, you are now a proud member, Leafa-chan.”

 

Leafa says, nervously, “Yeah. Yeah.”

 

Taichi says, “But Yui does bring up a good point. There will be a lot of players using magic and as Sword Skills will be becoming more prevalent, they will be those will be using Sword Skills and magic in very good combinations. We need to learn ALL about ALO to handle this world.”

 

Yamato says, with a nod, “It have some similarities to SAO, since they are using the same system, but basically, this is whole brand new world to us that are SAO survivors.”

 

Miyako says, with a nod, “I’ll say.”

 

Usagi asks, curiously, “So, what should we do?”

 

Mamoru says, “First, I believe we should review ALO and its fairy races as well as basic facts about them.”

 

Hino says, with a nod, “Good idea.”

 

Yui says, “Allow me to introduce this world, everyone. As everyone knows, this is Alfheim Online, called ALO, for short. It is a VRMMO world based on Norse mythology as its central core. This takes place on the continent of Alfheim, land of the fairies, with players being able to choose to belong to one of nine fairy races that exist in Alfheim. All players have the ability to fly which is central to travel in this world. The nine fairy races that exist in this world are the Sylphs, Cait Sith, Salamanders, Undines, Spriggans, Imps, Genomes, Leprechauns, and Pookas.”

 

Michiru says, with a smile, “Very good, Yui-chan.”

 

Yui giggles and Kirito says, “That’s our girl.”

 

Asuna nods her head in agreement and Kendo says, “Next, I think that we should revive the fairy races.”


Leafa says, nodding her head in agreement, “Same here. I’ll go first.”

 

Makoto says, with a smile, “Good idea. Introduce our ‘people’, Leafa.”

 

Leafa says, with a smile, “Well, Makoto, Haruka, and I, along with others, belong to the Sylphs, the wind fairies. As you may get, we are experts in wind magic, but we also some of the fastest fairies in Alfheim which shouldn’t be surprising since you can link wind with speed.”

 

Haruka says, with a grin, “I am a good example of that as the Wind Sailor Scout.”

 

Minako says, with a wide smirk, “Yeah, don’t we know it? You know how to make a lot of wind.”

 

Haruka gives a glare at Minako and Leafa says, a bit nervously, “Moving on…” Leafa says, with a smile, “However, there is also another aspect that us, Sylphs, are known for: Our hearing.”

 

Sinon asks, curiously, “Hearing?”

 

Yui says, “Sylphs have the best hearing of all the fairy races in Alfheim. They can hear things that most others can’t.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “That’s right. We can usually hear danger before it hits us. And usually our opponents in the other races have to usual sheath magic and skills to sneak up on us.”

 

Takeru says, with a nod, “That’s handy.”

 

Minako says, excitedly, “Well, you have to take a gander at me, Takeru-kun! I’m a Cait Sith! As the name implies, we are a fairy race that has cat-like characteristics! Namely, cat ears and tails!” Minako says, going into a suggestive pose, “So, what do you think? I don’t think that I’m too bad.”

 

Takeru gives a blush and Hino tells Minako, annoyed, “Cut it out!”

 

Haruka says, annoyed, “Give us a break.”

 

Minako says, annoyed, “Party poopers!” Minako says, with a smile, “Anyway, we, Cait Sith, are the best Beast Tamers in all of Alfheim. That means that we can train a lot of the monsters that live here in Alfheim. It is how we formed our elite Dragoons, who ride dragons!”

 

There are plenty of stunned looks from the others and Agil asks, “You are kidding me?”

 

Silica says, shaking her head, “Nope. I noticed them when I first came to Alfheim and came to the Cait Sith homeland for the first time.”

 

Sinon says, with a plain tone, “Same here. There were a number of Cait Sith players that rode dragons.”

 

Klein says, amazed, “Whoa! Awesome!”

 

Minako says, with a smile, “However, even through Sinon doesn’t get her own partner, Cait Sith is good for her too.”

 

Philia asks, curiously, “How so?”

 

Minako says, with a smile, “It is our eyes. We have the best sight out of all of the races. That’s why we have among the best archers in all of ALO. Our eyes can see further than any other fairy race.”

 

Sinon says, “I thought that it was interesting that I saw things that the others did not.”

 

Silica says, looking at her little blue feather dragon partner, Pina, “This is really cool, Pina.” Pina gives her classic ‘chirps’ in reply.

 

Leafa tells Silica and Sinon, “However, you and Sinon should know about the Cait Sith’s one great weakness.”

 

Sinon asks, curiously, “That is…?”

 

Haruka then says, slyly, “This!” Haruka then grabs the end of Minako’s tail, hard, causing her to give a cat-like howl in respond in which she leaps away from Haruka after Haruka let’s go of her tail.

 

Minako hisses at Haruka and she yells out, angrily, “What the heck was that for?!”

 

Haruka says, slyly, “Demonstration.”

 

As Minako glares daggers at Haruka, Lisbeth asks, surprised, “What the heck? Did she really feel that?”

 

Makoto says, with a sigh, “Yep.”

 

Mamoru says, “Despite those ears and tail not a usual part of our bodies, so, there should be no signal being sent to our brains. However, through some kind of still unknown mechanism, Cait Sith players do feel something when their ears and tails are ‘touched’.” Silica and Sinon look at their tails and Mamoru says, “While it isn’t extreme painful as it would be to a real cat, it is very uncomfortable.”

 

Leafa says, “Yeah, I have a few Cait Sith friends and they told me that it is because their ears and tails are VERY sensitive.” Leafa says, “However, because of that fact, Cait Sith’s ears and tails fall under the harassment code.”

 

Haruka says, “One ‘bad touch’ to the ears or tail and you are going to prison in which the admins might give you ‘the boot’.”

 

Sinon says, with a plain tone, “That’s good to know.”

 

Miyako says, “Hey, wait! You gave Minako a ‘bad touch’…!!”

 

Leafa says, with a plain tone, “The harassment code works with opposite genders only. A male player can’t touch a female Cait Sith’s ears and tails in a ‘bad way’ and the opposite is true for female players with a male Cait Sith.”

 

Sinon says, with a nod, “Right.”

 

Sinon glances at Kirito and he thinks, a bit nervously, “Why is she looking at me?”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “Next, it is time for us, the Salamanders. We’re the masters of fire and we’re also among the strongest fairy race.”

 

Hino says, with a kind smile, “At least in terms of raw physical strength that is. Our people tend to be the most aggressive…especially with our current leader.”

 

Leafa says, “Due to our territories being next to each other and we are in competition, the Sylphs and Salamanders have also been in conflict…especially since they killed the previous leader of the Sylph before our current leader.”

 

There are looks of shock and Makoto says, with a sigh, “That was a really bad day for us and we never forgot it.”

 

Haruka says, “When a race leader is killed by another fairy race, that very same race has the right to ‘occupy’ the territory of the killed race leader for ten days, take a good chunk from our treasury, and charge taxes of the people for the ten days of the ‘occupation’.”

 

The SAO survivors of the group are amazed and Agil says, with a whistle, “That must have been a good chunk of coin.”

 

Makoto says, with a nod, “You said it, Agil. It is the reason that the Salamanders are the most powerful race today.”

 

Izumi says, “And it is the reason that leaders of the fairy races don’t leave their territories often unless for official functions. It would be a big blow to our fairy race’s prestige and our economy.”

 

Dai says, changing the subject, “Anyway, because of our affinity to fire, we can handle ‘hot places’ that other people can’t. It is the reason that Salamander territory has plenty of desert in it.”

 

Klein says, “Now that I think about it, as I draw crossed the desert, it didn’t feel as bad as I thought it would be.”

 

Dai says, “That’s because we are used to the heat, Klein. That being said, we also DON’T do cold. We feel and get affected by the cold faster and more than the other fairy races.” Dai says, looking at Akari, “However, for Kari-chan, it is the opposite. She does well in the cold.”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “That’s because I’m an Undine, a water fairy, and as it implies, we are masters of water magic and not only do we tolerate cold better than other fairies, but due to our water mastery, we are also experts in underwater combat.”

 

Kirito says, plainly with a nod, “That’s understandable.”

 

Lisbeth says, looking at Asuna and Usagi, “So, our ‘Lightning Flash’ and ‘White Valkyrie’ might turn into ‘Little Mermaids’, huh? That’s interesting.”

 

Usagi and Asuna give blushes on their cheeks and Usagi tells Lisbeth, “I don’t think that’s what Akari means.”

 

Akari says, “Well…Undines aren’t traditionally typically combat-centered fairy races.” When everyone looks at Akari, she says, “We are also expert healers as well. Everyone can use healing magic, but we are the best when it comes to healing and especially using the high-level ones.”

 

Sam says, “So, Undines are usually in the support role.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “That’s right. Since we are the best healers of all the fairy races, we are usually in the support role to heal the other players.” Akari says, “However, it doesn’t mean that we can’t be excellent fighters.” Akari motions to Michiru and Akari says, “Michiru is known as the ‘Water Siren’ and she can be really deadly.”

 

Michiru says, with a smile, “Oh, I don’t think that I’m at the level of Mizuno-chan. She and five other Undines basically destroyed a force of four dozen Salamanders.”

 

The SAO survivors of the group gasp in shock and Lisbeth says, shocked, “No way!”

 

Philia says, amazed, “Incredible!”

 

Usagi asks, stunned, “Mizuno-chan?! She did that?!”

 

Michiru says, with a smile, “Yep! It is the reason why she is known as ‘Ice Valkyrie Tactician’.”

 

Minako says, with a grin, “And the Salamanders never want to face her again.”

 

Usagi says, “It is too bad that she couldn’t be here today.”

 

Minako says, with a grin, “The Undines were so glad to have her back that they elected her back to office nearly immediately. Due to the fact that the leaders don’t go out due to the risk that we mentioned, Mizuno-chan is most powerful, stats wise, of the fairy leaders.”

 

Makoto says, “It isn’t surprising that the Undine players want her back as leader. Mizuno-chan lead them excellently.”

 

Strea asks, “Okay? Who’s next?”

 

Haruka says, putting her hands on Tomoe’s shoulders, “I think that Firefly-chan’s race should be next. They are the Imps.”

 

Tomoe says, with a smile, “Despite our name, we can be as tall as any of the other fairy races in the game. However, unlike most races, we have the ability to fly in underground dungeons for a short period of time.”

 

There are plenty of interested looks from the SAO survivors of the group and Agil says, “Really? I read that you can’t fly in dungeons.”

 

Leafa says, “That’s right. With the in-game ‘lore’, we can fly due to the fact that our wings absorb sunlight or moonlight, depending on the time of day, allowing us to fly through the air.”

 

Sam says, with a nod of understanding, “I can understand why that’s the lore since moonlight is sunlight reflected off the sun and inside of a ‘dungeon’, there is no sunlight.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Bingo. Before we could only ‘contain’ a limited amount of sunlight or moonlight in our wings, which is why we could only fly for around ten minutes at best, but now, thanks to the remake of ALO, we can store unlimited amounts of that light giving us the ability to fly all the time. However, the negation of the ability to fly in dungeons is still applied, but Imps can fly for short periods of time in underground dungeons since the Imps’ homeland is in a mountainous region with their communities underground causing them to gain the ability to fly for short periods underground…based on game lore.” Leafa says, looking at Tomoe, “Imps are also masters of darkness or shadow elemental magic and you can say that the Imps are the shinobi of the fairy races.”

 

Usagi asks, curiously, “Shinobi?”

 

Mamoru says, “Imps are masters of stealth and they are the best when using stealth skills and magic seconded only by Spriggans.”

 

Setsuna says, “Which is where I should come in. Mamoru and I are both Spriggans, but our race is usually one of the least popular by players.”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “Why is that?”

 

Setsuna says, with a smile, “Spriggans are masters of illusion magic and the elite treasure hunters of ALO.”

 

Asuna asks, “Treasure hunters, huh?”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Yeah, but their illusion magic is lame for combat and treasure hunting isn’t a combat-center skills, so, it is the reason for their unpopularity.” Leafa says, looking at Kirito with a smirk, “And knowing you, big brother, you choose them because Spriggans have a pension for black.”

 

Kirito rubs his head, nervously, and Lisbeth says, with a grin, “You got him pegged, Leafa.”

 

Agil says, with a grin, “Yep.”

 

Kirito says, annoyed, “Thanks a lot.”

 

Setsuna says, with a smile, “However, the unpopularity may also be due to a little jealously as well. Spriggans are master treasure hunters and as you might expect, we have gathered quite a bit of rare items, materials, and equipment ranging from armor to weapons.”

 

Leafa says, with a smile, “I’ve got to admit that Setsuna is right. The Spriggans have gotten a good number of rare items from plenty of places especially top-level dungeons.” Leafa tells Philia, “And I’m sure that’s why you chose the Spriggans, Philia. With your expertise, you will use the treasure hunting skills of the Spriggans to their upmost.”

 

Philia says, excitedly, “Yeah!”

 

Mamoru says, “However, there is another ‘skill’ that the Spriggans have that’s usually overlooked: Their multi-weapon wielding ability. Most fairy races, due to their ‘builds’, can wield only certain type of weapons to their fullest. They may have the ability to use all sorts of weapons, but they can only use a few types of weapons to their fullest. However, Spriggans, on the other hand, can use all sorts of weapons to their fullest. Ranging from daggers to massive ‘great axes and swords’.”

 

There are plenty of amaze looks and Sam says, with a nod of understand, “Yes, I can see why that would be an advantage for combat.”

 

Leafa says, motioning to Agil and Strea, “Next, there is the race that Strea and Agil belong to: The Gnomes. The Gnomes are the Earth fairies which obviously means that they are experts in Earth magic. Gnomes are the tallest of the fairy races and second in strength only to the Salamanders, but stamina and defense are high.”

 

Kirito says, “Namely, Gnomes are usually either damage dealers or tankers.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Yep.”

 

Haruka says, motioning to Lisbeth, “And now, finally, Lisbeth’s fairy race: The Leprechauns.”

 

Minako asks Lisbeth, “Could you extend your wings out, Liz?”

 

Lisbeth says, curiously, “Sure.” Lisbeth then extends her wings, which seem to be more mechanical than organic compared to the others.

 

Haruka says, “As you can see, Leprechauns’ wings seem to be more mechanical than organic, but that’s because metal is their business. The Leprechauns are the master blacksmiths of ALO. These days, if you want some of the best weapons and armor in all of ALO, you have to get through a super difficult dungeon or beat hard or rare, but hard to get, monster. The other choice is none other than the Leprechauns and as you may expect for the Leprechauns being players, their forged equipment and items are the best of the best.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Yes! If you want the best weapons and armor, a Leprechaun is a cut about the rest.” Leafa says, looking at Lisbeth, “And I’m sure that Lisbeth loved the Leprechaun homeland.”

 

Lisbeth says, with a wide grin, “You got that right! It is one huge and awesome forge! It is really damp, but they need all that water for their forging!”

 

Asuna asks Lisbeth, “Really?”

 

Lisbeth says, with a smile, “It seems like they really make their forging very realistic.”

 

Klein says, with a whistle, “Wow.”

 

Haruka says, “However, in return for that well wanted ability, the Leprechauns aren’t the best in combat and that’s being nice.”

 

Minako says, with a nod, “Actually, they would get steamrolled if they didn’t have support from other combat centered races. It doesn’t mean that there aren’t Leprechauns that don’t do well in combat. It is just that they aren’t the combat type like a lot of the other races.”

 

Mamoru says, “The last fairy race, in which none of us has an avatar for, is the Pooka. They are a race of fairies that use magical music to boost the stats of themselves and other players in their parities.”

 

Kirito asks, “So, they are the bards of ALO, huh?”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “Bards of ALO?”

 

Usagi tells Asuna in reply, with a smile, “Bards are a classic RPG character class, Asuna. Bards are a support class that use magical music to boost the stats of other players that they are with usually in combat. Unlike your typical enhancement spells and ‘abilities’, a Bard’s enhancements are very long lasting, however, it means that they are used for long-term battles like boss fights.”

 

Sam says, “But typically, depending on the game, Bards don’t do well by themselves for obvious reasons since they are a support class.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod of agreement, “Exactly.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “I see.”

 

Takeru asks, “So, with that done, what’s next?”

 

Michiru says, with a smile, “I think that we should get started on your first quest.”

 

Haruka says, “Good idea. It will help you get down the play mechanics of ALO and I’ve got the perfect quest. It isn’t a typical beginner quest, but it isn’t a super hard quest. It is more like the lowest end of the intermediary quests. With your ‘previous experience’ and all of us to help, you’ll do fine.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Sounds good, Haruka.”

 

Philia asks, curiously, “Are you sure, Kirito?”

 

Asuna says, “You really think that we will be all right? We are still newbies to ALO and all of us realize that while it does have some similarities to SAO, this is a whole new game in which even the stuff from SAO, like Sword Skills, are different than before.”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “True, but Leafa and those of us that weren’t a part of SAO from the beginning, minus Sinon, are ALO veterans…elites in fact. Okay, they won’t help us unless really necessary to make sure that we get the ropes of combat in ALO, but remember, as we have been explaining from the beginning…this ISN’T SAO. Learning how the game works and how to perform in the game is part of the fun.”

 

Klein says, with a grin, “Yeah, we’re here to have a blast!”

 

Lisbeth says, nodding her head, “For once, I agree with you, Klein.”

 

Silica says, with a smile, “Yes!”

 

Philia says, with a nod, “I agree!”

 

Asuna says, with a warm smile, “Yes, you are right. We’re here to have fun and enjoy ourselves.”

 

Haruka says, with a smile, “Okay, let’s get started.”

 

Taichi says, excitedly, “All right!” Plenty of the others nod their heads in agreement and the SAO survivors of the group prepare for their first quest in ALO.

 

End Flashback; Return to the Present

 

Back in the present, within Agil’s shop/café in Ryne, Rain asks, “What kind of quest was it?”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “It was a monster hunt quest. There was a village where a nasty goblin was terrorizing the area and he was a crafty one. No matter what kind of defense that the village put up, the goblin would get through. Our job was to take out the goblin in his hiding place within your typical cavernous dungeon. However, the way to the dungeon wasn’t too easy in which the goblin set up some nasty traps along the way.”

 

Asuna says, “It wasn’t too hard, but it wasn’t too easy. But that was due to the mindset of all of us that survived SAO just like you, Rain-chan.”

 

Rain says, with a nod, “Really?”

 

Usagi says, nodding her head, “Remember, we had just started ALO and we haven’t fully adjusted to it. We just starting to learn how to fly without using the training controller after all. And while we have escaped Aincrad, we haven’t completely gotten ourselves out of our ‘SAO mindset’…”

 

Flashback; April 14, 2025, ALO

 

Within a forest area, we find the SAO survivors of our heroes and heroines fighting against a group of flower monsters in which all of them yelp as they can see that their HP bars are displaying a poison status effect in which their HP starts to slowly lower.

 

Klein says, “Crap! I’m hit!”

 

Silica says, “Pina!” Pina tries to help out, but Silica’s dragon partner keeps getting attacked by the monsters, preventing the little blue feathered dragon using its specialized healing breathes to heal Silica and the others from their poisoning.

 

Asuna asks, concerned, “What do we do?”

 

Agil says, “We need to use our antidotes!”

 

Just a short distance away, those of the group that weren’t part of SAO from its start, minus Sinon, are watching and Leafa shouts out, “No need!” Leafa turns to Akari and Michiru and she asks, “Could you…?”

 

Akari and Michiru nod in unison and Akari says, with a smile, “No problem!” Akari and Michiru then start to chant out a spell and when they finish, the SAO survivors of the group start to glow in which they notice that the poisoning status condition on their HP bars vanishes.

 

Klein says, “Hey, we’re no longer poisoned!”

 

Leafa then asks, looking at Dai and Hino, “Next?”

 

Dai asks, “Are you sure about me? You know that I’m like your brother and I’m not good at spellcasting, right?”

 

Akari tells Dai, with a smile, “You’ll do fine, Dai-kun.”

 

Dai says, with a shrug, “Okay.” Hino and Dai, a bit nervously, chants out their own spell in which the SAO survivor’s group then find their weapons glowing with ‘flame energy’.

 

Klein asks, confused, “What the?!”

 

Lisbeth asks, curiously, “What’s this?”

 

Junpier says, amazed, “Whoa!”

 

Leafa says, “Dai and Hino used a flame enhancement spell. Fire attacks are now stronger and your weapons, now, have been infused with flame elemental magic. You can inflict fire elemental damage with your weapons. It works especially on overgrown weeds like those guys!”

 

Junpier says, excitedly, “That’s more like it!”

 

Taichi says, with a nod, “Took the words right out of my mouth!”

 

Klein says, excitedly, “Well, what are we waiting for?! Let’s take care of those weeds!” Soon enough, the SAO survivors of our group with Sinon take care of the plant monsters. Afterwards, they are continuing on a pathway through the forest.

 

Agil says, “Thanks for the help.”

 

Leafa says, “That’s no problem.”

 

Asuna says, “I guess that we have a lot to learn.”

 

Lisbeth says, “I think that we did okay.”

 

Kendo says, “That’s true. You didn’t do badly.”

 

Kirito says, “However, this battle exposes that we have much to learn about how to fight in ALO including magic. We’re still in a ‘SAO mentally’ in which we are fighting with Sword Skills, weapons, and items to restore our HP and clear up our status effects. And while we can only use magic while we have MP or magic points, which isn’t unlimited, we have more options than back in SAO that we need to learn to use.”

 

Philia says, nodding her head in agreement, “Yes, you’re right, Kirito.”

 

Leafa says, “I’m sure that you, big brother, and the others will get it soon enough, Philia.”

 

Takeru says, with a smile, “Well, we have good teachers to help us out in that.”

 

Minako says, with a grin, “You know it, Takeru-kun! You’ll be an expert like me soon enough!”

 

Makoto says, with a smirk, “That’s a scary thought.”

 

Haruka says, with a grin, “No kidding.”

 

Minako says, annoyed, “Hey!” There are plenty of laughs at Minako’s embarrassment, but then Kirito and Usagi then ‘sense’ something and they turn around to look behind them.

 

Everyone sees this and Mamoru asks, “Is something wrong?”

 

Usagi says, with a shrug, “I don’t know.”

 

Kirito asks Usagi, “You feel like someone is following us?” Usagi nods her head and Kirito asks Yui, “Are you sensing any players around?”

 

Yui says, shaking her head, “No, daddy. I’m not detecting any players around.”

 

Leafa says, “There is a possibility that someone put a tracer on us.”

 

Philia asks, curiously, “Tracer?”

 

Junpier asks, “What’s a tracer?”

 

Kendo says, “A tracking magic spell.”

 

Izumi says, “It takes the form of a small animal or insect, depending on the fairy race of the caster, and it tracks the position of the one the tracer was put on. You can dispel it, but if the caster’s magic skill is high, the tracer can be far away.”

 

Leafa says, “And in place this large and filled with so many places to hide in, it would take forever to find it.”

 

Taichi says, annoyed, “That’s great.”

 

Silica asks, “Why would anyone want to track us?”

 

Sam says, “I think that there are plenty of reasons.” Sam looks at Leafa and a group of the Sailor Scouts of the group and he says, “Sorry to put the ‘bullseye’ on you, but…”

 

Haruka says, “Don’t worry, we get it. We are the most well-known players of the game.”

 

Leafa says, with a sigh, “I guess that I was asking for this when I took out General Eugene, one of the strongest players of the game compared to the girls.” Leafa asks, with a plain tone, “But where would they be able to put a tracer on us?”

 

Mamoru asks Usagi, “Are you sure that you ‘felt’ something, Meatball Head?”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “Yes.”

 

Mamoru says, “We should keep an eye out and anyone of us that has a good enough Search Skill should keep it on maximum just in case.”

 

Makoto says, with a nod, “Good idea.”

 

Junpier says, annoyed, “Well, let’s not have a group of nasty stalkers ruin our fun. Let’s finish this quest already.”

 

Lisbeth says, with a nod, “I’m with you there girlfriend.” Everyone else nods their heads in agreement and they continue on, but some distance away, a strange little bat with red eyes is following them.

 

End Flashback; Return to the Present

 

Back in the present, Kirito tells Rain, “We would learn that our ‘bad feeling’ was right on the money.”

 

Rain asks, curiously, “What happened?”

 

Dai says, “We had arrived in the cavern dungeon where the goblin is supposed to be hiding out. During our walk there, Kirito and the others were learning how to use spells and it wasn’t easy for them. I should know.”

 

Akari tells Dai, with a smile, “You managed to get it, Dai-kun.”

 

Dai says, annoyed, “After a million tries, Kari-chan. I never thought that I have to come to a game and learn another language.”

 

Kirito says, nodding his head, “No joke.”

 

Flashback; April 14, 2025, ALO

 

Inside of a darkened cavern passageway, our group is just starting to explore the cavern after Kirito and Hotaru uses night vision magic to allow everyone to see in the darkened cavern.

 

Silica says, amazed, “Wow. This is amazing!”

 

Agil says, with a nod, “No bad.”

 

Junpier says, with a grin, “I’ll say.”

 

Miyako says, “We would have had to had this in all sorts of dungeons back…there.”

 

Sam says, with a nod, “I agree.”

 

Sinon asks, “So, what’s next?”

 

Leafa says, “This leads to a massive set of catacombs that loop around and it has plenty of places for that little gremlin to hide. The goblin isn’t very strong, but he is quite crafty.”

 

Sam says, “That means that we need to use brains, not brawn, to complete this quest.”

 

Haruka says, with a nod, “Yep.”

 

But then Yui, who is resting inside one of the pockets of Kirito’s coat, pops out and she says, “Daddy! Mommy! There is movement behind us!”

 

The group becomes defensive and Kirito asks, “Monsters?”

 

Yui responds, “No! They are players! About one dozen of them to be exact!”


There are surprised looks and Junpier asks, curiously and a bit suspiciously, “Players?”


Klein says, “Maybe they are some not-too-rookie players taking the same quest.”

 

Mamoru says, with a suspicious look in his expression, “Maybe. This dungeon is a public dungeon for those taking this same quest…”

 

Tomoe says, pointing to an area, “Over there!” Everyone looks to see a massive ‘indent’ in the wall where they can all fit.

 

Haruka says, with a smile, “Good work, Firefly!” Immediately, all of them fill into the ‘indent’ where Mamoru and Setsuna cast a spell to create an ‘illusion’ that ‘indent’ in the wall isn’t there and it is one solid wall.

 

Philia says, amazed, “Oh, wow.”

 

Tomoe says, “We can only talk at a whisper. Any louder and the spell will be broken in which they will hear us.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “Okay.”

 

Agil says, plainly, “Handy.”

 

Klein says, “I don’t like this running and hiding kind of stuff.”

 

Yui says, “They will be coming into view soon.”

 

Minako tells Sinon, Silica, and the other Cait Sith in the group, “Okay, everyone. Keep those Cait Sith’s eyes open.”

 

Sinon says, with a plain tone, “Understood.” As everyone looks in the direction that they came from, there is silence for a few moments and Sinon says, “There is something up ahead.”

 

Asuna asks, “Is it a player?”

 

Silica says, shaking her head, “No, it isn’t. It looks like a small animal.”

 

Leafa asks, getting a ‘bad feeling’, “Small animal? Are you sure?”

 

Sinon responds, curiously, “Yes, it looks like…a bat?”

 

Plenty of the group’s eyes widen and Hino asks, with a serious expression, “Are you certain?”

 

Minako says, with a serious tone, “They’re right. It’s a bat.” With those words, Leafa and Dai run out causing the spell to break.

 

Lisbeth yells out, “Hey! You broke the spell!”

 

Dai says, “That’s a high-level Salamander searching tracer! We need to take it out now!”

 

Leafa says, “You got it!”

 

Kendo says, seriously, “We need to get to the main cavern now!” Leafa then uses a wind spell to unleash a barrage of ‘needles’ of wind magic energy that destroy the small bat.

 

Dai says, seriously, “Move, people! Move!” Immediately, the group starts to run down the cavern.

 

Philia asks, curiously, “Couldn’t we hide behind another spell?”

 

Sara says, “That wouldn’t work! That’s a high-level tracer spell! It means that we aren’t dealing with low-level players, but team of Salamander veterans!”

 

Dai says, “Most likely, a Salamander ‘hit squad’! And they’ll have powerful tracking and tracer spells to find exactly where we are making any sheath and illusion spells completely useless! If we’re caught in this narrow passageway, we may have the advantage in numbers, but the narrow area will make it a nightmare to fight!”

 

Silica asks, “Why are they after us?”

 

Kirito says, looking at Leafa and other ALO veterans in the group, “I hate to say it…”

 

Leafa says, “No need, big brother. The girls and I are most likely the targets due to the fact that we stopped them from disrupting the alliance between the Sylphs and Cait Sith. Even through the Salamanders are the strongest group of players in ALO, they are ONLY the strongest SINGLE group of players. With the alliance between the Sylphs and Cait Sith, the balance of power has shifted making Sylphs and Cait Sith even with the Salamanders and we helped make it happen.” Leafa says, with a sigh, “With me being a number one target since I beat General Eugene in combat, who is still one of the strongest players, not just the strongest of the Salamander players, in ALO.”

 

Junpier says, with a nervous smile, “It must be tough being popular.”

 

Usagi says, “I think that’s the kind of popularity that Leafa can do WITHOUT.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “No freaking kidding, Usagi!”

 

Haruka says, seriously, “We have to hurry! Since we destroyed their tracer, they will be doing their best to catch up with us! We need to get to the wider part of the cavern and now!” The group continues to run as fast as they can and soon enough, they arrive at a massive underground catacombs.

 

Taichi says, amazed, “Whoa! This is huge!”

 

Leafa says, seriously, “Everyone, split up into groups centered around Tomoe, Mamoru, and Setsuna!” Leafa tells Tomoe, Mamoru, and Setsuna, “The three of you cast the best stealth spells to hide yourselves!”

 

Asuna asks Leafa, “What about you?”

 

Leafa says, with a smirk, “I’m the bait.”

 

Kirito asks, surprised, “What?!”

 

Leafa tells Kirito, “Easy, big brother. It will be okay. Just trust me.” Leafa gives a smile and Kirito nods his head in which the others immediately split off into three groups with Tomoe, Mamoru, and Setsuna at the ‘lead’ in which they used their magic to create ‘barriers’ that covers them up while Leafa, drawing her sword, remained standing in front of the entrance/exit until a group of twelve Salamander players comes out of the cave entrance in which Leafa can see that they have very high-level equipment with half of the group being armored warriors with the other half being mages.


One of the Salamanders, one with tan skin, spiky red hair, classic for Salamander players, and wearing somewhat fancy, but excellent high-level armor, retorts, with a sly smirk, “Well, look who we have here?”

 

Leafa says, looking at the Salamander, “I know you. You are one of Eugene’s top warriors.”

 

The Salamander responds, “That’s right. The name is Talon, Leafa, the Wind Valkyrie.”

 

Leafa mentally groans at her new ‘nickname’ and she says, “You know who I am.”


The Salamander, Talon, retorts, “Who can forget the Sylph that defeated Eugene-sama and damaged his reputation?”

 

Leafa says, “It was nothing personal.”

 

Talon says, “Too bad for you, girl. It is personal for me. I’m a member of Eugene-sama’s elite guard. His right hand man, if you will.”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, annoyed, “Oh, great.”

 

One of the other Salamander, one with well-combed red hair, jade green eyes, and his facial features gives him a ‘punk’ appearance, says, “Come on, bro, let’s stop talking and beat this witch already!”

 

Another Salamander says, with an evil leer, “We haven’t killed a female player in a while.” Leafa gives a disgusted look and with Mamoru’s group, Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi, are part of it with Kirito tensing up.

 

Mamoru tells Kirito, in a whisper, “Easy, Kirito. It is understandable. Unfortunately, there are plenty of this scum in ALO. Due to the harassment rules, they make a workaround by taking pleasure with player-killing FEMALE players.”

 

Asuna whispers, disgusted, “That’s sick.”

 

Mamoru says, with a nod and whisper, “Agreed, but they make sure that they don’t target female players too much or the administration could catch on.”

 

Leafa then says, with a taunting tone, “That’s how you get your kicks, huh? Now, I know that I’m dealing with a bunch of losers.”

 

The two Salamanders that were leering at Leafa, now, glare at her and the one with the ‘punk’ appearance yells out, annoyed, “What was that?”


Leafa says, with a smirk, “You heard me! Guess you need to PK female players because you can’t get your ‘rocks’ off IRL, right? That’s the sign of a loser!”

 

The two Salamanders draw their weapons and the ‘punk’ Salamander player, drawing a one-handed sword, yells out, angrily, “How dare you?!”

 

Talon slams the two Salamanders on the back of their heads and he yells at them, annoyed, “Cool it, you morons!” Talon shakes his head and he asks, “Why am I friends with you two?” Talon tells the two Salamanders, “If you need to get off your rocks, do it IRL with some hentai or something! This is business!” Talon tells Leafa, “Now, where are your friends?”

 

Leafa responds, “I don’t know what you mean.”

 

Talon says, “Don’t think that I’m stupid, girl. We know that you that you hang out with other players especially your fellow Nymphs in which we know that there are other players with you!”

 

Leafa retorts, with a grin, “Maybe they didn’t want to deal with you if you are supposed to be Eugene’s ‘elite guard’ especially two pathetic hentai that can’t get real girls IRL.”

 

The ‘punk’ Salamander shouts out, angrily, “That does it! You’re dead, bitch!” He and the other Salamander charge in and attack Leafa in which she manages to fight both of them off, but not too easily.

 

Talon mentally slaps himself and he thinks in his mind, “Bakas. Why am I still friends with them?” Talon tells the mages of the Salamander group, “Watch out for anything!”

 

The leader of the mages responds, with a nod, “Yes, sir.” Talon draws a powerful two-handed sword and he motions for other three Salamander warriors to follow him in which they do so.

 

Back with the fight, Leafa thinks in her mind, “These two maybe hentai, but their skills, here, are nothing to laugh at.”

 

Leafa continues to fight them off, but Talon then shouts out, “Out of the way!” The ‘punk’ Salamander and his ‘partner’ glance behind them and then leap out of the way to find Leafa looking to see Talon attacking her with his sword giving off a familiar glow causing Leafa and plenty of her group, still in hiding, to gasp in shock.

 

Leafa, Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi think in unison, “That’s…” Immediately, Leafa uses Sonic Leap, the 1-strike One-Handed Sword Skill combo, against Talon, who is using Avalanche, a 1-strike Two-Handed Sword Skill combo, in which Leafa strikes Talon’s sword at a certain place to divert the attack, but the shockwave from the clash causing Leafa to skid back a bit.

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, worriedly, “Sugu…”

 

Talon says, with a sly smirk, “That’s right, Sylph. Avalanche, a good Two-Handed Sword Skill. You may have gotten one up on Eugene-sama since you, somehow, mastered Sword Skills just when they have been introduced, but you should have realized that you little edge couldn’t last forever. Plus, Eugene-sama has created an OSS just as powerful as yours.”

 

Leafa says, “I’ve heard the rumors.”

 

Talon says, “They aren’t rumors. Too bad that you are going to get PK-ed before you ever see it!”

 

Leafa says, seriously, “We’ll see!” Leafa gets into a stance as the half-a-dozen Salamander warriors attack her and despite her skills, she is quickly hard-pressed into the defensive and while she doesn’t suffer a major hit, Leafa is getting nicked over and over again causing her HP to slowly drop bit by bit. The Salamander group uses one Sword Skill after another in which Leafa barely manages to counter with her Sword Skills, the One-Handed Sword Skills due to her using one-handed sword despite its similarities to a kitana. As the others watched, with plenty of them wanting to jump in, especially Kirito and Usagi with their beloved the only thing holding them back, barely I might add, Leafa continues her hard-pressed defensive fight as her HP goes down to yellow, but then she sees what she is waiting for when she sees the mages of the group lose focus on looking for any trap and walking forward from the entrance/exit of the catacombs to get a better view of the battle.

 

The ‘punk’ Salamander says, with a sly smirk, “Not bad, Sylph girl, but we have got you…”

 

However, Leafa yells out, interrupting him, “NOW!!!” Immediately, the rest of our group burst out of cover and immediately, Sinon and Hino strike with long range arrow shots and immediately take out one of the Salamander mages, turning him into a Remain Light. The others charge in with some of them unleash magic attacks on the mages to make unable to counter or retreat in which Kirito charges right at the ‘punk’ Salamander in which with a powerful roar as he unleashes an incredible strike where his sword cuts down him with one strike, turning him into a Remain Light immediately.

 

Talon says, stunned, “Damn it!”

 

Leafa yells out, “That’s what you get, pal!” Talon turns to Leafa only to see her coming down on him with a downward Vertical, another 1-hit One-Handed Sword Skill, and he yells out as it hits.

 

End Flashback; Return to the Present

 

Back in the present, Strea says, with a giggle, “Ooh, I remember when Leafa-chan brought down the hammer on that Talon guy. He must have had a nasty headache.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “Among other things, Strea.”

 

Rain asks, “What happened afterwards?”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “We completed the quest through it wasn’t easy.”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “Yeah, the little goblin was just like advertised.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “I agree.”

 

Dai says, “He took hide-and-seek to a whole new level.”

 

Rain says, “Actually, that’s something I want to talk to you about.”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “Huh?”

 

Yui says, “Oh, you must talking about the rumors of that player that’s really good at hiding.”

 

Usagi asks, curiously, “Really?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, this player is the talk of the streams lately.”

 

Rain says, nodding her head, “I’ve heard about those rumors. They are really something else.”

 

Strea says, with a nod, “Me too! No one has been able to find this player!”

 

Asuna says, “You, two, seem really interested in this player.”

 

Rain says, “Well, no one is sure that this player exists outside of the rumors. Urban legends gives me the best sort of chills.”

 

Akari says, “I think that I heard about this player too.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “Yeah, now that I think about it. I’ve heard about a player that just like a ghost.”

 

Asuna asks, nervously, “G-Ghost?”

 

Strea says, with a giggle, “No, silly. Everything can be a scary story to you, Asuna.”

 

Asuna says, with a blush, “N-No!”

 

Kirito says, “Well, now, I’m curious. It could be an event that the administration set up.”

 

Usagi says, “Maybe. It could also be a Spriggan or Imp player that’s really good at that part of their craft. Remember, Spriggans and Imps are experts in stealth.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “You have a point, Usagi-chan.” Asuna says, with a smile, “In fact, we have three experts in the craft of stealth through I believe one of them has gotten a bit rusty.”

 

Kirito says, with a blush, “Hey, I’m not rusty!” Asuna gives a giggle and Kirito says, clearing his throat, “Anyway, if it is a player, I’m sure that I will be able to tell.”

 

Yui says, with a smile, “Yep! Daddy is really good at the art of detection.”

 

Kirito says, with a bit of a nervous smile, “Yeah, I’m more inclined to find rather than hide.”

 

Usagi asks, slyly, “Like finding trouble?”

 

Kirito gives a yelp in surprise and nervousness and Asuna retorts, slyly, “So, says the ‘White Valkyrie’, Usagi-chan.” Usagi gives a nervous yelp and she rubs her head nervously at that remark.

 

Dai says, “I guess that means that we are going on the search.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “It sounds like it, Dai-kun.”

 

Rain says, “I want in too. Sneaking around without people noticing me is totally my thing!”

 

Strea says, excitedly, “Same here! Sneaking is TOTALLY my thing!”


Kirito says, “Hold up, you two. Just because you are experts at hiding doesn’t mean that you’ll be good at finding…”

 

Usagi tells Kirito, “Not exactly, Kirito. Their experience at hiding so well might give us insight at how this player will act.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Good point, Usagi. I changed my mind on that.”

 

Dai asks, “So, what are we waiting for?” The rest of the group nod their heads in agreement as they prepare to head out to see if they can find the player.

 

November 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Woglinde, the Island of Meadows

 

Somewhere on Woglinde, Kirito, Asuna, Yui, Usagi, Rain, Strea, Dai, and Akari are looking around for the mysterious player that has the exceptional hiding skills.

 

Kirito asks, “The latest rumors put this player over here?”

 

Asuna says, “I think so.”

 

Yui responds, “With all of the rumors flying around, finding this player has turned into an unofficial event of sorts. Everyone is looking for this player!”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, seems like it.”

 

Dai asks Kirito and Usagi, “Anything, you two?”

 

Usagi says, shaking her head, “Not a thing.”

 

Kirito says, “Same here. You have to remember that if a player’s hiding skill is high enough, the detection skill won’t even react to them.”

 

Akari says, “And this player is an Imp or Spriggan, they are going to have a real high hiding skill.”

 

Strea says, “But the chances of it reacting are higher when your skill level is higher. So, if you, two, can’t sense anything, it means…”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Either this player is well-hidden, their skill level is through the roof, or both.”

 

Yui says, “Or they might not be here anymore.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “That’s a good point, Yui.”

 

Asuna says, “We came here based on what the bulletin board said, right? Maybe we should take another look.”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, you can’t post anonymously on that bulletin board, so, I really thought that we could trust that information…”

 

Dai says, “True, but it doesn’t mean that you can trust the timing of the post, bro.”

 

The group open their menus and Rain says, “Ooh, it says that the mystery player has gone somewhere else. Their new location isn’t too far from here.”

 

Yui says, curiously, “I wonder if the player that wrote it cast a tracking spell on the player…”

 

Strea says, “Or maybe they are triangulating their position based on the tracking spells that everyone is using…but then again, it might not be even true.”

 

Kirito asks, “What? Like they are leading us on a wild goose chase?”

 

Strea says, with a nod, “Yep.”

 

Dai says, “That would mean that they are the player themselves or a friend of theirs.”

 

Kirito says, “Something feels off about this. Based on what I see, it seems like they are hiding just for fun. It is like they are playing a game of hide and seek.”

 

Asuna says, “Then there is no reason for them to spread false information. The information must be true.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “Could be. Maybe it is just a player just doing this for attention.”

 

Usagi asks, curiously, “Really?”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “Dai-kun might have a point, Usagi.”

 

Kirito says, “Well, we should check out this new location.” The others nod their heads in agreement and they head off to the next location.

 

November 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Ryne

 

Returning to Agil’s shop/café in Ryne, Kirito, Yui, Usagi, Rain, Strea, Dai, and Akari are assembled together and discussing about a certain player.

 

Kirito says, annoyed, “Still no sign…of anything!”

 

Rain says, “This is really getting to you, Kirito.”

 

Strea says, “Well, our past ten attempts of finding this player have turned up squat.”

 

Dai says, with a plain tone, “Maybe LESS than squat.”

 

Yui says, “This player is really good at hiding. It probably doesn’t have to do with their skill level…”

 

Kirito says, “It is like trying to find a beast that’s silently and patiently lying in wait for its prey. This player must have good animal instincts.”

 

Usagi tells Kirito, “I hope that you aren’t suggesting that we are ‘going wild’ for this player since you already seem to, Kirito.”

 

Kirito gives a nervous yelp and Strea asks, “Hey, wait a minute? Where’s Asuna?”

 

Akari says, “Oh, she had a quick quest to take care of. She’ll be back soon.”

 

Yui asks, “Mommy has been taking on a lot of those solo quests lately, huh?”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah.” Just then they hear the door chime and everyone looks to see Asuna walking into the shop/café.

 

Dai says, with a smile, “Speaking of whom…” However, Usagi then sees a nervous look on Asuna’s face.

 

Asuna says, going over to Kirito, “Kirito-kun…”

 

Kirito, noticing the nervousness in Asuna’s voice, asks, “What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

 

Asuna replies, nervously, “I think…I think that I’m being followed.”

 

There are looks of shock from the others and Akari asks, concerned, “Are you sure, Asuna?”

 

Asuna says, “I’m not sure, Akari. When I was on my solo quest, I felt that I was being followed, but when I looked around, there was no one there.” Asuna says, nervously, “And it wasn’t the first time. It has been happening a lot lately.”

 

Dai says, plainly, “Uh oh.”

 

Kirito asks, seriously, “Wait! Is someone stalking you?”

 

Rain says, “Their hiding skill must be high if you can’t detect them, Asuna.”

 

Strea says, “Ooh, it might be the same player that we are after.”

 

Usagi asks Kirito, “What do you think Kirito?”

 

Kirito stays silent for several moments and he then says, “I have a plan.” Everyone becomes interested as Kirito starts to talk with the others about his plan.

 

November 2025, ALO, Svart Alfheim, Woglinde

 

Back on Woglinde, Kirito, Asuna, Yui, Usagi, Rain, Strea, Dai, and Akari are preparing to enact Kirito’s plan to capture Asuna’s ‘stalker’.

 

Dai tells Kirito, “Ready to go.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Okay, everyone, time to get in position!”

 

Asuna asks, “C-Can we really catch that stalker like this?”

 

Kirito says, “Well, we have to do something. If this player is just playing hide-and-seek, it is all in good fun. But if this player is some kind of stalker, this is harassment.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “And that’s so not cool.”

 

Dai says, nodding his head, “Got that right.”

 

Kirito says, “I don’t want you feeling unsafe any longer, but…”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “But what?”

 

Kirito says, with a kind smile, “Never mind. We’ll have this figured out before you know it.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “Okay.”

 

Usagi says, “Okay, everyone, time to get into position.”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “Right-o!”

 

Dai says, “We’re on our way.” Akari nods her head in agreement in which Usagi, Rain, Strea, Dai, and Akari head off.

 

Kirito tells Asuna, “It is all up to you, Asuna.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “Got it.” Kirito then follows the others into hiding and after a while, there seems to be nothing. However, within the shadows of the nearby area, there seems to be a figure watching the whole thing.

 

The figure says, in a high and very young female voice, “Huh? Where did they go? We were in the middle of our game. I thought that I was the one hiding and they were the ones seeking.” But what the figure doesn’t notice is that Kirito was sneaking up on the figure.

 

Kirito yells out, “Gotcha!” Kirito then leaps and grabs the figure in which the figure gives a feminine yelp.

 

The others, quickly, arrive on the scene and Asuna yells out, “Kirito!”

 

Usagi asks, “Did you get them?”

 

Dai says, “Well, he got someone by the looks of it!”

 

Strea says, excitedly, “Woo hoo! We got the bad guy!” Strea then asks, surprised upon seeing the figure, “Huh?”

 

The figure screams out, “What?! What the heck are you doing?!”

 

Rain asks, surprised upon seeing the figure, “You’re a girl?!”

 

The figure responds, “So, what if I am? Let me go already!”

 

Asuna tells Kirito, “Kirito, let her go before you set off the harassment code!”

 

Kirito yelps out as he gets go of the figure and he yells out, nervously, “S-Sorry!”

 

The figure, revealed to be female, asks, annoyed, “What’s wrong with you?” As she stands up, the others get a good look at the female figure.

 

The female figure…female PLAYER, actually, looks to be a young girl of around pre-teen years wearing a violet and dark pink cat-ear hoodie that covers much of her short bright violet light with bits of it peeking out, orange eyes, and wearing a violet dress with her shoulders exposed, violet and pink sleeves with brown fur covering the lower half of her upper arms and much of her lower arms, violet gloves on her hands, light violet pants, and violet boots.

 

Asuna says, a bit nervously, “Hi, I’m Asuna, an Undine. These are my friends, Akari, a fellow Undine, Dai, a Salamander, Rain, a Leprechaun, Strea, a Gnome, and Kirito, a Spriggan.”

 

Akari asks, “What’s your name, sweetie?”

 

The young girl player responds, “I’m Sphica, an Imp.”

 

Dai says, “Well, that answers that.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “An Imp are very good at hiding since stealth and stealth magic is their expertise.”

 

Asuna asks, “Were you the one following me, Sphica?”

 

Sphica responds, “I wasn’t following anyone! I was playing hide-and-seek like I always do in ALO!”

 

Rain asks, curiously, “Huh?”

 

Strea asks, curiously, “What are you talking about?”

 

Kirito says, “I knew it. Sphica was the player that was being talked about. The one good at hiding.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “And it looks like you were right. She was just playing around.” Usagi says, looking at Sphica, “She looks so young.”

 

Kirito says, plainly, “Yeah. It must be someone else stalking you, Asuna.”

 

Sphica then says, “Oh, you mean that weird looking guy? I see him all the time playing hide-and-seek.” There are looks of surprise and Asuna gasps in shock in which Sphica says, “He was always muttering to himself weirdly and he was always hiding. But I’m the best at hide-and-seek and I saw him right away.”

 

Sphica giggles and Dai says, with a smirk, “Two birds with one stone.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “Yeah.”

 

Kirito tells Sphica, “Sphica, can you tell us more about him?”

 

Sphica says, with a nod, “Sure!” Soon enough, Sphica tells about Asuna’s ‘stalker’.

 

(Later on)

 

Twilight hours in ALO, our group, joined by Sphica at the moment, are discussing what happened.

 

Yui says, “You must be relieved that we caught that stalker, Mommy!”

 

Asuna says, “Yeah. And his account was suspended that we don’t have to worry about him anymore.”

 

Dai says, “Wished that we could have done that to Talon’s friends.”

 

Akari tells Dai, “Same here, but they are careful to make sure that they don’t get suspended.”

 

Dai says, with a sigh, “No joke.”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “It’s all thanks to you, Sphica. We couldn’t have caught him without your help.”

 

Sphica giggle and Rain says, with a sigh, “This kid proved to be more help than us this time.”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “That’s for sure! What a good girl!”

 

Yui asks, curiously, “Hey, Daddy, isn’t she a bit young to be playing VRMMOs?”

 

Kirito says, “That’s true. You can’t use the Amusphere if you are younger than thirteen just like the NervGear.”

 

Sphica says, proudly, “Well, I’m eleven!”

 

Dai says, “That’s younger than thirteen.”

 

Usagi says, with a plain tone, “No kidding, Dai.”

 

Asuna asks, nervously, “I wonder: Do we report her to the administration?”

 

Strea says, excitedly, “The age restriction is just for show anyway!”

 

Yui says, annoyed, “Strea, you can’t say that!”

 

Rain says, nervously, “Well, it never stopped my sister.”

 

Usagi tells Rain, nervously, “Technically, she can be an exception since she is a child-genius, promoting Full-Dive VR and VRMMO, especially ALO, and helping them recover from the massive PR  damage caused by you-know-what, so, I think that RCT Progress would make a MAJOR exception for Seven, don’t you think?”

 

Rain says, nervously, “Yes, y-you have a point, Usagi.”

 

Akari says, “But Sphica seems to be a regular girl.”

 

Kirito says, clearing his throat, “Then we will pretend that we didn’t hear how old she is.”

 

Asuna says, nervously, “R-Right.”

 

Dai says, with a shrug, “Okay.”

 

Kirito tells Sphica, “You really helped us out, Sphica. Thanks.”

 

Sphica says, with a giggle, “No problem!”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “But why are you playing hide-and-seek by yourself in ALO anyway?”

 

Sphica says, in a chipper tone, “Because it’s fun!”

 

Kirito asks, curiously, “So, you don’t play with any of your friends and family?”

 

Sphica says, with a smile, “Nope! I dive-in all by myself! There’s so much more that you can do here than in the real world! It makes hide-and-seek way more fun!”

 

Asuna says, a bit nervously, “I guess that she is right…”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Yeah…”

 

Usagi thinks in her mind, “Uh oh. Kirito has got ‘that look’ on him again.”

 

Kirito tells Sphica, “Sphica, how about you play hide-and-seek with us from now on rather than alone?”

 

Sphica asks, curiously, “Huh? Really?”

 

Asuna says, with a smile, “Of course! However, you’ll have to teach us how to be as good in hiding like you!”

 

Sphica says, playfully, “Okay!” Sphica then says, “There is actually a special trick to getting super sneaky that I can tell you!”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “What’s that?”

 

Sphica replies, “Get an item called Kunoichi. It is an outfit from that collab that they did with that Japanese-themed game. Your hiding skill will go WAY up if you get it!”

 

Dai says, remembering, “Oh, yeah! I remember that!”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “Same here, Dai-kun. It was that event that ALO did with Asuka Empire.”

 

Asuna tells Sphica, “Thanks, Sphica. I’ll try to get one myself.”

 

Sphica says, excitedly, “I’ll help!”

 

Rain says, “She is really a sweet girl.”

 

Strea says, excitedly, “That’s she is and she is really cute too!”

 

Usagi goes over to Kirito and she asks, in a whisper, “Kirito, do you think that you have an idea on why someone young like Sphica is here?”

 

Kirito whispers back, “I do, but I really don’t want to ruin this happy moment right now.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “Good idea.” However, Usagi can’t help to wonder as she looks at young Sphica, but for now, she continues to join this happy moment with their new friend.

 

The end…but the adventures continue on…

 

And there we go! Personally, I really like this story. While it did go over into the past after I had finished the After Fragments three-part ‘prelude’ to World’s Song, I did leave a little ‘space’ for something like this. I think that it mixed perfectly with the ‘theme’ of this one-shot. The stories from the ‘Memory Defrag’ walkthrough that I watched on YouTube gave me tons of new ideas and I hope that you like them. Please read and review and no flames, please! Later and best wishes, Crossover Fans!