Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks ❯ Flashback ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I do not own DBZ or SM
 
Flashback
 
A fourteen year old Serena was pacing in her room. A fifteen year old Trunks sat on her bed watching her. "Calm down," he told her. "I am calm," she snapped, "I just don't understand why we can't be in there with them. They're talking about me. I have a right to know." "Then let's go find out," Trunks said smiling at her. She looked at him and returned the smile. She loved it when he thought like her. The two crept down the stairs as quietly as they could and stood outside the door to the kitchen where they were. They could hear Gohan talking to that woman who had come earlier that day claiming Serena was a princess and in danger. Chichi had ordered Trunks and Serena to go to Serena's room while she and Gohan talked to this woman. "So these crystals are the key to keeping Serena safe," Gohan asked. "Yes," the woman replied, "There are seven crystals total, but I have only managed to find six. It is difficult for me to leave my post at the Time Gate epically since the other scouts were killed by the androids before they ever realized their full potential as Sailor Scouts. Serena looked at Trunks. It seems the androids killed this lady's "scouts", but what does this have to do with me? Serena thought to Trunks. Listen. He thought back. "You have to find the seventh crystal and combine all seven of them into the Imperial Silver Crystal, then you must get the princess to use this key (she handed Gohan a small golden key), and she must go somewhere where she will be safe. She is the future for this world. If she if lost; all is lost." Chichi started to breath heavy again. "Don't worry Mom," Gohan said to her, "I won't let Serena die." Chichi nodded her head at him. "I must leave," the woman said, stood, and turned to leave, "You must tell these things to the princess and find a safe time for her to reside in until this fiasco is fixed." Gohan and Chichi started talking about possible places for Serena to go.
We should go back to my room. Serena thought to Trunks. He nodded and the two crept back to Serena's room. They sat on her bed. Trunks put his arm around her waist and she put her head on his shoulder. A few minutes later Gohan and Chichi came into her room. Gohan told them about the six rainbow crystals and the missing seventh turning into the Imperial Silver crystal which Serena was supposed to guard with her life as a princess. Also it was not safe here for Serena and she would go to the past where all the Z warriors were still alive including her father. This sparked both Serena and Trunks' interest. "How long will I stay?" Serena wanted to know. "Until the androids are destroyed," Gohan replied. Serena looked at Trunks with worry in her eyes. She didn't want to leave him. "Whatever Gohan says is probably for the best," Trunks said through gritted teeth. Chichi looked at her daughter and best friend's son. They were so cute together she thought. They reminded her a little of herself and Goku, only Trunks actually had a clue.
"Serena," Chichi said. "Yes, Mom?" Serena replied. "When you go to the past I want you to go home. Tell my past self everything about this time, and for her to pass you off as her niece. I'm sure you won't have any trouble." "Okay," Serena said weakly. "Trunks would you like Gohan to fly with you home? Serena you need to start packing," Chichi said. "No, I want to help Serena," Trunks said. "Okay, I'll call Bulma then," Chichi said and walked out of the room. "Tomorrow we need to start looking for the seventh rainbow crystal," Gohan told them before leaving the room.
Serena dropped to her knees and started crying. Trunks kneeled down beside her and hugged her. After Serena stopped Trunks went to her dresser and picked up the storage capsules that his mother had given her. He threw it on the ground and they began to pack Serena's things in silence. After about seven hours five capsules were full Serena's room looked empty them. "Man you have a lot of stuff," Trunks commented smiling at her. She blushed and said, "Let's go downstairs, I'll bake you some cookies." The two went down to the kitchen, and this time entered. "Finished?" Chichi asked. They nodded and Serena went into the pantry to get the materials to start baking. Gohan and Trunks sat in silence while Chichi and Serena were making the cookies. Suddenly Serena sneezed and dropped the bag of flour she was holding sending flour all over the kitchen and everyone. They all began to cough. When the flour had settled they were all covered in it. "Opps," Serena said and everyone started laughing. Serena then began to spill water all over the floor in an attempt to clean up and ended making a bigger mess. "Alright," Gohan said after laughing at Serena trying to clean the mess she had made, "We had better all go to bed we have a big day tomorrow. Chichi went to her room and Gohan to his. "Good night," Trunks said to Serena. "Good night," Serena said to him and they kissed. Trunks then went to Gohan's room to sleep and Serena went to her room in the attic.
The next day Gohan, Trunks and Serena went to a cliff in the middle of nowhere for Trunks to practice becoming a super saiyan again. Serena was only allowed to go if she promised to think about how to find the seventh crystal, and she had to have a good answer at the end of the day. At the end of the day Serena concluded that the seventh crystal must be inside of her. That's why Sailor Pluto had given the rest to them. She knew that when the Imperial Silver crystal was ready to become whole again the seventh crystal would come out of her. After all she was its princess.
Gohan said it was possible and they started to go home. Serena jumped on Trunks' back since she couldn't fly. She never learned. Although she did learn to control her own energy blasts, she refused to learn to fly. She didn't like it, heck she didn't like heights in general. As they were flying they noticed a bunch of people running away from a town. They stopped on a cliff. Gohan told Trunks to take Serena home, but he refused. He wanted to help Gohan fight the androids. They knew were down there. Gohan knew Trunks didn't stand a chance, and if he fought he would die causing Serena severe pain, so he hit Trunks in the neck causing him to faint. Serena caught Trunks in her arms as he began to fall.
"Gohan," she began, but Gohan interrupted her. "Serena, stay here with Trunks. Don't follow me no matter what. Stay here." "No, Gohan, come back!" Serena yelled but Gohan was already flying away. Serena fell to her knees and continued to hold Trunks while crying softly. She began to stroke his hair. Why is this happening? Why can't we all just live peacefully? Serena thought. Suddenly a bright light emanated from the town followed by an explosion. Serena jumped up. "No," she said. She didn't care what Gohan had told her, she carefully placed Trunks on the ground and climbed down from where they were and ran into the town. She ran as fast and hard as she could through what was left of the town. It started raining as she was running. Suddenly she found what she dreaded. There was Gohan lying face down on the ground. Serena rushed over to him, turned him over and put his head on her lap. He wasn't breathing. Serena began to cry even harder. Trunks was soon at her side. He took one look at Gohan and became enraged. He screamed while tears ran down his face and pounded the ground while his hair turned a shade of gold and his eyes green. "O Gohan why?" Serena whispered, "Why did you have to do that and leave us?" A single tear rolled down her cheek and began to glow. Trunks calmed down and saw what was happening. The tear began to grow and glow a pinkish colour. Then the tear became the seventh rainbow crystal. Trunks kneeled beside Serena and put his arms around her shoulders. She began to cry harder once again, and the other six rainbow crystals came out of her purse and hovered above her. Then the crystals started combining and becoming one. And there it was the Imperial Silver crystal. Serena looked up and saw it. She reached out to touch it. She and Trunks were lost in forgotten memories. She was Princess Serena. He was Prince Trunks. From the Moon and Earth. They both remembered. They were engaged. On the day they were to marry a horrible evil attacked the Moon Kingdom and everyone on the moon died. Everyone was there. Serena's court the Sailor Scouts, and Trunks' court the Z warriors. Everyone died. Queen Serenity, Princess Serena's mother, had used the silver crystal to give them another chance on Earth to live peacefully and happily. They were reborn only to be destroyed once again by a different great evil.
When they came to Serena and Trunks realized that they had become Prince Trunks and Princess Serena during their remembrance. "We are free," Serena said and they became themselves once again, "Ironic." Trunks brought Gohan home to a frantic Chichi who cried all night. Serena and Trunks now believed what Sailor Pluto had said. Serena put the five capsules into her purse and was standing outside the house with Trunks, Bulma, and her mother. It was agreed that Serena still had to leave, even more so now that Gohan was gone, but in ten months she could come back to their present time for a little while. Serena kissed her mother and Bulma on the cheek telling them good-bye, and gave Trunks the most passionate kiss she could muster up while crying. He kissed her back and gave her a present. She opened it to reveal a star locket so she could always remember him. Serena stood back and held the small gold key over her head calling the Guardian of time to take her to the past.
Serena appeared in front of her house, but it wasn't it looked different. She knocked and a much younger version of her mother answered the door. Serena smiled warmly at the young woman who welcomed her into the house and asked Serena if she was lost. They didn't get many visitors. Serena told the young Chichi that she was her daughter from the future where she was in danger. She was the princess of a long destroyed moon kingdom reborn into a terrible world where evil androids ruthless killed everyone. She had been sent here for protection from the guardian of time, and given a special locket by her to become a sailor scout, if Chichi would be so kind as to offer her refuge. "Of course!" Chichi exclaimed, "You can have the attic again if it will make you feel better. It shouldn't be too hard to pass you off as my niece." "Thank you," Serena said. Then a man with crazy black hair walked in the house with a baby boy. Gohan. Serena thought to herself seeing the baby. "Serena, this is your Uncle Goku, and cousin Gohan," Chichi said. "Nice to meet you," Serena said. "Nice to meet you Serena. Wow Chichi, I didn't know you had any brothers or sisters?" Goku commented. "I forgot," Chichi said. "And no offence Serena, but you have the craziest looking hair," Goku said to her. "Looked in the mirror lately?" Serena countered. Chichi laughed while Goku scratched his head.
"Serena, would you like to hold Gohan?" Chichi asked noticing she hadn't taken her eyes off of him. "Yes please," she responded. Goku handed the baby Gohan to her. I promise I won't let anything happen to you as long as I'm here. But I can't call you Gohan. I had a Gohan who love dearly and lost. You'll be my innocent little Dove. Serena thought to herself. The baby laughed with joy when Serena held him causing her to smile. Serena sat and clutched the star locket Trunks had given her. She would do this. She would live between the times; she would even fight, for them, the love of her life, Trunks, and her precious little Dove.