Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Queen Mercury Revived ❯ Disc 6 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Wheez, juggling between 3 fics isn't easy on the brain. This is Chapter 7. Before I begin the fic proper, I would like to thank the following reviewers.
 
Yami Flo: Thanks, glad you liked the flashback. And no, Queen Serenity isn't stupid, she's just TOO overconfident. Think about it logically: if you pit the combined armies of 1 White Moon and 3 Inner Planets against 1 Inner Planet, it's obvious that the White Moon side will win. But throw in the yoroi warriors onto the side of Mercury, the equation shifts. And add in the citizens of Mercury, (remember that they're vengeful against Queen Serenity for enslaving them) Queen Serenity will have a one hellva of a time dealing with them. As for the other 3 Mashos, they still retain vague memories of their past, but Arago still has definite control over them. About the other senshi, I'll be including them in this chapter.
 
Firecat Rekka: You DO know this is your second time you're MIA? (Missing In Action?)
 
BTW: I need pairing votes for Ryo and Seiji. You guys can't leave me with a tie! I can't do a love square/rectangle! And since Firecat Rekka has no votes for Naaza and Rajura, then the Nazaa/Michiru and Rajura/Haruka pairings are up the `confirmed pairing' list.
 
Interesting side-note: We all know that Sailor Cosmos is the final evolution of Tsukino Usagi, but does any one have any theory how Sailor Cosmos actually came about?
 
Chapter 7: Disc 6
 
As usual, words in italics refer to thoughts, mental conversations, flashbacks and flashbacks within flashbacks.
 
Disclaimer: I certainly don't own any of them, except for Indivar, Sailor Vortex (appearing in this chapter) and Aizu-jin (appearing in future chapters.)
 
***************************************************************** **********************
16. Plunge into Arago's Heart
 
Meanwhile, back in the Sailor Senshi world, almost a week had past since Anhara had gone.
 
As usual, the senshi, minus the Outers and Usagi, had gathered in Rei's Hikawa shrine.
 
“I don't get it, it seems that virtually anyone who's related to Ami, doesn't even know she existed!” Aino Minako exclaimed, throwing her hands in desperation.
 
Kino Matoko nodded, “There isn't even a single mention of Ami in the school records. It seemed that any trace of Ami had erased completely.”
 
Hino Rei placed a thoughtful finger on her chin and was in deep thought.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Back at the Time Gates, Sailor Pluto was watching and eavesdropping on the above conversation.
 
She frowned, “Who would have this ability to completely erase Anhara's existence?” she wondered.
 
“Wonder no more, Pluto.” A feminine voice sounded in front of her. “It was I who erased Mercury's records.”
 
“Sailor Vortex.” Sailor Pluto said, greeting the eternal senshi. (A/N: In this fic, Pluto is only the senshi of Time and Space, and not Dimensions.)
 
An ebony-haired senshi, dressed in a black sailor fuku entered the Time Realm.
 
Sailor Vortex was the senshi of Dimensions. Working and reporting directly to the High Council of the Gods, she alone held the responsibility of maintaining the flows of the numerous dimensions under her realm. And only under the orders of the High Council, will she be allowed to merge or split dimensions and to do whatever the High Council considered right to maintain the natural flow of dimensions.
 
“Hermes had given me the permission to erase Mercury's records from the Senshi's world. Nobody, save the Sailor Senshi and their allies, will remember the existence of Mizuno Ami.” Sailor Vortex explained.
 
“But why?” a meek voice asked from the Mists of the Time Gates.
 
“Because, young Saturn, Queen Anhara is the only one who can prevent Neo-Queen Serenity from repeating her mother's legacy.” Sailor Vortex patiently explained to the youngest Senshi.
 
“Should Queen Anhara succeed, then the Crystal Tokyo the Senshi had seen will still exist, but with a completely different ruling system. Instead of Neo-Queen Serenity ruling alone with Neo-King Endymion, the eight planetary Neo-Queens will share the rule with Neo-Queen Serenity, making the Alliance more unified and powerful. Then, Crystal Tokyo will not be under threat by the Dark Moon.” Sailor Vortex explained to the two senshi.
 
Sailor Saturn blushed slightly, at the thought of actually ruling Saturn with Tenku no Touma.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Back down in the Sailor Senshi world, Urawa Ryou's psychic abilities had allowed him to realize that Ami was gone from this dimension.
 
After Queen Beryl's demise, the Rainbow Crystal carriers had reverted back to their human forms; their youma selves were locked up within them, unless unleashed by the human. Ryou's memories had been returned as well.
 
In the Silver Millennium, he was a tutor for the then Princess Anhara. Although he had hidden feelings for the princess, he knew her heart belonged to someone else. His premonitions were proven correct when the nine warriors in yoroi appeared to protect both Queen Anhara and her kingdom.
 
He had seen how Suiko no Shin had looked at Queen Anhara about a week after Queen Serenity's assault.
 
The nine warriors in yoroi had been completely rested after an entire week's of rest.
 
Everyone had expected the nine to depart after that, but they stayed, for reasons unknown, except to the Queen herself.
 
The brown-haired psychic was at first quite upset when the warrior of Suiko made advances, most of them unwanted, on his Queen Anhara.
 
To his surprise, the Queen made no attempt to discourage him. Instead, she had shyly reacted to him. It was not long before the entire kingdom knew about the romance between their Queen and the Suiko warrior.
 
The citizens had rejoiced, pleased to see that their Queen would eventually marry and carry on the royal bloodline.
 
More time passed, and Ryou was clearly at a loss to see that not only was the pair getting closer, it would seem that even the rest of the warriors, minus Shuten, had too, found their own loves.
 
Then, when the Council announced that Suiko no Shin as to marry the Queen, he had wished all the best, but deep within, Ryou's heart shattered into pieces.
 
It was at that moment, that it gave Queen Beryl the perfect opportunity to turn him to her side.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Back in the present, Urawa Ryou sighed. In the end, it was him whom killed Queen Anhara during Queen Beryl's final assault on the White Moon Kingdom. What puzzled him, was that Queen Anhara had not bothered to retaliate.
 
Then, when he saw Sailor Mercury's attacks, he knew why. Queen Serenity had sealed off her powers as punishment for her treachery.
 
Looking up at the sky, Urawa Ryou gave a thought, Take care of her, Suiko. (A/N: I've noticed how many crossover fics left him out. Poor Ryou though.)
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Back with the Samurai Troopers…
 
“Kami, it can't be.” Shuu muttered, at the sight of the energy bridge.
 
Seiji and Touma muttered similar sediments.
 
“Anhara…” Shin whispered, worried about his Queen.
 
Unknowing, the girl had already stood up, her hands clutched into angry fists.
 
Then, before the Troopers knew anything, she henshinned.
 
Seiji gasped when he felt Imperial Sailor Mercury's battle-aura skyrocket, literally to the heavens.
 
Shuten had too noted the increase in Imperial Sailor Mercury's battle-aura.
 
“Anger can be quite a practical weapon if used properly.” He noted.
 
Touma nodded in agreement, “The planetary senshi always have this knack of transforming sheer emotions into powers.”
 
Ryo then turned and nodded at the four Troopers and Shuten, “Minna, let's go.” He instructed.
 
The six warriors looked at each other and nodded.
 
After a while, the seven stood before the energy bridge, the five Troopers and Shuten in a circle, with Imperial Sailor Mercury in the middle.
 
“Are you sure about this, My Queen?” Shuten asked.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury said nothing, her eyes blazing.
 
“I'll take that as a yes.” Touma muttered.
 
Using the energy bridge that Kaous had created by sacrificing his own life, the seven ascended towards Arago's castle.
 
Byakuen and Indivar were left behind to protect Nastui and Jun.
 
Once in the bridge, the six warriors encircled the ice senshi protectively, in case Arago sent his troops.
 
Their premonitions were proven correct when Arago sent his Ankoku Priests to attack the energy bridge.
 
The six could not do anything to stop the Ankoku Priests from destroying the bridge, when the light from the Safiastra burst into full, eradicating the Ankoku Priests.
 
Pissed off at the failure, Arago got his followers ready and prepared for the final showdown.
 
Meanwhile, the three Mashos were tortured like Shuten. The torture they were enduring was actually power and energy that was being driven into their bodies.
 
Once out of the other side of the bridge, the seven warriors jumped up, only to be face with a sea of youja soldiers.
 
The five Troopers were rather doing well, considering the fact that none of them had their yoroi on.
 
Both Shuten and Imperial Sailor Mercury were disposing off the youja soldiers much more easily.
 
Knowing that they could not fight off the huge number of youja soldiers with their fists alone, the five Troopers then leapt up, bushoing on their yoroi.
 
Reacting on instinct alone, Imperial Sailor Mercury had willed the Holy Grail out, henshinning up another two notches.
 
The sheer power of the Grail was enough to wipe out the youja soldiers Shuten was battling.
 
Her henshinn complete, Imperial Crisis Mercury took to the skies, her dragonfly wings fluttering. Her staff had disappeared, replaced by the Mizu-Scepter.
 
Then, the seven suddenly heard Arago's voice, to which he announced that he had prepared a welcoming ceremony.
 
Then the three Mashos appeared before them, glowing with power.
 
Each Masho then demonstrated their powered-up strength by using their sure-kill skills and combining them together, intending to blast the six warriors in yoroi away.
 
Their attention was, however, drawn away when the skies grew overcast.
 
Turning to Imperial Crisis Mercury, the three Mashos were shocked to see her glow a stormy icy blue. Her eyes raging, Imperial Crisis Mercury held the Mizu-Scepter in her hand.
 
Spinning around in mid-air, the dark clouds centered on her, charging up the Mizu-Scepter in the process.
 
“Crisis Restoration Activation!” she had screamed, dispelling not only the three Mashos' attacks away, but also freeing them from Arago's control, or tried to.
 
The blast of pure magic washed over the three Mashos, driving the Ankoku Priests' energy out of them.
 
Powering down, Imperial Crisis Mercury reverted back to Imperial Sailor Mercury.
 
Flipping three somersaults in the air, she landed gracefully on the ground.
 
“What did you do that for?” Suiko no Shin scolded her. (A/N: The overprotective lover. Sighs)
 
Ignoring him, Imperial Sailor Mercury looked up at the three Mashos.
 
The three were on their knees, exhausted. Shuten, who was the closest, gasped. On the three Mashos' foreheads, their kanjis were shining partially, but the words were quite hard to make out.
 
Turning back to Imperial Sailor Mercury, Shuten's eyes widened when he realized what she had done. The Queen had purified the Mashos' hearts, and was trying to convert them back to her side.
 
Back in Arago's control room, the demon lord hissed in anger when he felt his hold on the three remaining Mashos was slipping. Not allowing them any time to recover, Arago sent three red thunderbolts to the battlefield, sending the three Mashos back.
 
Then, he turned his taunting voice to Imperial Sailor Mercury.
 
“If you think you can turn the three back to your side, think again, traitoress.”
 
Shuten frowned and retorted, “The other three will see the light, Arago.”
 
The demon lord laughed mockingly at him, “Tough words coming from a traitor.”
 
That done, Arago then provoked the Troopers by telling them to proceed inside.
 
The seven fighters looked at each other and nodded. Eventually, they fought their way to the main door.
 
Shuu then pushed it open, having more difficulty than the one outside. Then, they stepped through.
 
The seven were immediately sucked into a whirlpool of stars and they disappeared into the depths.
 
Seiji awoke and found himself surrounded by darkness. Using his No dachi no Korin, Seiji shone light upon the darkness.
 
“We're alright, Seiji.” Shuten answered Korin no Seiji's unasked questioned.
 
“Seiji turned his head for a second, to see Shuten pulling Imperial Sailor Mercury up on her feet.
 
Seiji nodded and turned back. Frowning at a figure dressed in Kabuki demon costume armed with a huge but familiar looking sword, he knew who it was.
 
“Shuten, get the Queen out of here.” He said. “This is my battle.”
 
The Oni Masho nodded and pulled Imperial Sailor Mercury out.
 
With both Shuten and Imperial Sailor Mercury out of the way, Korin no Seiji readied his
No dachi no Korin. His suspicions were proven correct when the voice coming from the figure turned out to be Anubisu.
 
Barely dodging Anubisu's second attack, Seiji then warned Anubisu to give just as he utilized his No dachi no Korin to slash through the mask.
 
Laughingly, Anubisu discarded his costume and another battle between hikari and yami assued. (A/N: Haven't they heard of the old cosmic law that whenever there is light, there is always bound to be dark?)
 
Anubisu employed his Koku Rou Ken Ankoku Cho Uhigiri, which counteracted with Korin.
 
They clashed, with Anubisu on the offense and Seiji barely defending.
 
On the other hand, Shin and Ryo had too woken up.
 
They looked up and only to see a large statue and were immediately attacked by Naaza.
 
Naaza's poison quickly filled the area, trapping the two.
 
Both Ryo and Shin were sinking fast into the quicksand-like poison. The poison itself was burning through their yoroi.
 
Shin knew he had to save Ryo. His mind made up, he fired Cho Ryu Ha from within the poison sea, blowing Ryo out of the battle-zone with a water spout.
 
Coming up from the poison sea, he yelled tells Ryo to go after Arago without him.
 
Then he faced the Duko Masho himself. Shin was nearly overwhelmed by Naaza's Ja Ga Ken as he battled alone.
 
Meanwhile, Touma and Shuu were faced with Rajura's laughter and the Gen Masho was projecting images of himself all around the two Troopers.
 
Shuu was falling for Rajura's illusions and Rajura employed a Tochimou, attacking the pair.
 
Touma then distracted Rajura by firing numerous arrows by firing his arrows. One of Rajura's energy beams hit the warrior of Tenku and he fell back on the web of chains.
 
Finally understanding what Touma wanted him to do, Shuu then discovered a statue that did not fire any attacks. Knowing that it was Rajura, Shuu grabbed the Gen Masho and they both disappeared into the darkness.
 
Before Shuu was completely gone, he yelled to Touma to get to Arago.
 
Standing up, Tenku no Touma thanked his disappearing friend and went off on his own.
 
Meanwhile, Rekka no Ryo was fighting Arago and was soon joined by Tenku no Touma.
 
Both Imperial Sailor Mercury and Shuten were running towards the middle of Arago's castle.
 
Stopping Ryo from attacking Arago, Touma then questioned Arago the reason was here.
 
Arago then laughed and showed the two Troopers the people of the city below, being
 
drained of life energy to power him, his demon army, and his Ankoku Priests.
 
Ryo then barked at Arago, saying that he had pledged to Kaous that he would stop him and his evil.
 
To which, Arago only laughed. Then, he blasted Touma away with one wave of red energy.
 
Even before Touma was sent flying, Shuten had caught the archer and settled him on the floor.
 
Ryo turned to see not only was Touma all right; Shuten had too appeared with Imperial Sailor Mercury.
 
“So, my two traitors arrive.” Arago's voice boomed.
 
Meanwhile, the other Troopers were winning their battles against the Mashos by using their sure-kill skills and blowing themselves and their opponents through the castle walls.
 
On the ground, Nastui and Jun watched the sky.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
17. Tale of Mystic Armor - Years Past
 
The three remaining Troopers had been blown outside Arago's castle. Without even thinking, Ryo ran onto the roofs that were heading towards Arago.
 
Touma called out after him, only to be ignored by the warrior of Rekka.
 
“Shuten, Touma, help the rest. I'll go after Ryo.” Imperial Sailor Mercury said.
 
The two warriors nodded and took off in a different direction.
 
Taking one last look at their retreating backs, Imperial Sailor Mercury ran after Ryo.
 
Finally finding him, Imperial Sailor Mercury said, “Ryo, you can't go against Arago alone.” She advised.
 
Rekka no Ryo nodded at his Queen's wisdom and the two took off together.
 
On the rooftop, the two faced off with Arago. Breaking into a room, Rekka no Ryo, with
Imperial Sailor Mercury following closely behind, demanded Arago showed himself. To that, Arago only answered by appearing behind him and capturing Rekka no Ryo with hair spouting from his side. (A/N: As I saw it.) Then, the demon lord knocked the unfortunate Ryo unconscious, blasting both him and Imperial Sailor Mercury away.
 
The ice senshi was unharmed. Finding a safe spot, she somersaulted landed gracefully on the roof. Ryo, however, was no so lucky, for he had landed hard on the tiled roof.
 
Back on the ground, Byakuen had sensed his master's danger.
 
Jun was worried and yelled at Nastui for ignoring him.
 
Nastui had too been thinking and she decided they had better penetrated Arago's castle to help.
 
Jun nodded vigorously, agreeing. Indivar had for no apparent reason transformed into his ice phoenix form.
 
Giving Byakuen a silent nod, the two beasts took the two humans up the energy bridge. Jun and Nastui were riding on Byakuen's back.
 
The four were met by youja soldiers who had started throwing spears at them.
 
Byakuen then dodged all the spears, carrying the two humans to safety. Indivar had flown out of the spears' throwing range, skillfully avoiding being hit.
 
Back in the battle-field, the Troopers were still fighting their counterparts and Arago was watching carefully from his main hall. Shuten and Touma were helping them.
 
Laughingly, he noted how strong his Mashos had grown. The Troopers were still fighting and holding on.
 
They knew they needed not only Ryo, and also Imperial Sailor Mercury, in order to win this, so they all ran after them.
 
Then, their yoroi started glowing and the combined powers of all five proved quite effective against the three Mashos. Getting past the three Mashos, the five rushed off to find the remaining two. The three Mashos had wanted to give chase, but were stooped by Arago.
 
He then told them that the Troopers were too strong for them and for them win, they had to give him their yoroi. The remaining Mashos were confused but they obeyed accordingly. Arago then absorbed the three Mashos' yoroi.
 
Just as he absorbed the Mashos' yoroi, Arago's gigantic helmet solidified, and his body became solid, creating solid armored hands.
 
Elsewhere, Jun, Nastui, Indivar and Byakuen discovered a barely conscious Ryo.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury was in the process of taking the Holy Grail out to revive him.
 
Raising the Sacred Cup in her hands, she henshinned up into Imperial Crisis Mercury, the healing power of the Holy Grail reinstating Ryo's yoroi.
 
A re-charged Ryo then warned Nastui and Jun to get out because it was too dangerous.
 
All of a sudden, the group was surrounded by youja soldiers.
 
Lady Luck was on their side when the other Troopers joined them, along with Shuten.
 
Stepping forward, the six yoroi warriors began to form a circle of power, with Imperial Crisis Mercury in the middle. Linking their minds and yoroi for maximum power, their yoroi and forehead kanjis glowing, the six combined their powers with the Imperial senshi.
 
In response, Imperial Crisis Mercury started to glow an icy-blue white.
 
The Safiastra appeared between her palms, and Imperial Crisis Mercury was levitated into the air. Then, the Safiastra burst into full power, eradicating each and every youja soldier present.
 
Powering down, Imperial Crisis Mercury suddenly felt the roof shake.
 
The hell? She thought.
 
Then, Arago's armored arm rose from the ground, coming up towards the group.
 
The seven warriors quickly jumped out of the way.
 
Arago's booming voice then informed them that the yoroi were once his and that Kaous had tried to steal it from him.
 
“Correction.” Imperial Crisis Mercury countered, as she landed safety.
 
“You were the one who invaded the human world a millennia ago. Kaous defeated you once and sealed you back to the Netherworld.”
 
“Shut up!” Arago screamed, his armored arm heading towards her. Imperial Crisis Mercury swiftly leaped away.
 
“Your yoroi refused to disappear. As a result, Kaous used his powers to re-create the evil yoroi and convert it to the nine yoroi the Troopers and the Mashos bear.” She continued.
 
The five Troopers gasped at their Queen's revelation. If what she said was true, then the Mashos were not only their counterparts, but also their allies.
 
Growling mentally, Arago's detached arm then caught the unsuspecting Rekka no Ryo, beating the unfortunate warrior.
 
Suiko no Shin jumped to his rescue, using his yari to free Rekka. Once back on the ground, Ryo's yoroi suddenly sparked, leaving him.
 
Seiji saved him and the other three found that Arago was a more formidable foe.
 
“But how?” Shuten wondered. “The last time I saw him, Arago's body wasn't even solidified.”
 
“Only one explanation.” Imperial Crisis Mercury replied. “The three Mashos must have been absorbed.”
 
Nastui and Jun were running away, only to find themselves surrounded by youja soldiers.
 
Upon releasing Rekka, Arago's giant hand proceeded to capture Suiko no Shin, only to be halted by Imperial Crisis Mercury's psychic bubble. Finding an opening, she quickly pulled Shin away.
 
“Ideas guys?” she shouted, parrying away the loosen rocks.
 
“Still thinking.” Touma hurriedly replied.
 
“Touma, by the time you get an idea, all of us would be flattened!” Shuu cried over the chaos.
 
“Shuu, just shut up!” Imperial Crisis Mercury snapped. Obviously, she was not on a very good mood.
 
Kuso. Imperial Crisis Mercury thought. If this keeps up, all of us will get exhausted.
 
“Snap out of it!” Shin told her, coming to her rescue. Imperial Crisis Mercury had risked getting caught by Arago's flying hand.
 
“Some leader I am huh?” she mildly joked.
 
Shin's expression softened. “Don't say that.” He chided.
 
“Where's Ryo?” Imperial Crisis Mercury asked, looking around.
 
“Seiji took him away.” Touma answered.
 
“So this leaves only the five of us?” she remarked.
 
Shuten nodded, “Quite unfortunately, my Queen.”
 
Just then, Imperial Crisis Mercury had a brainwave. She knew it was risky and could probably kill her, but with two Troopers short, she had no choice.
 
“Arago, you want me, you have to catch me.” She retorted, her wings fluttering, sending her into the air. Taking the bait, Arago's detached forearm came flying towards the escaping senshi.
 
“Okay, now what she think she's doing?” Shuu asked, not understanding.
 
“Knowing her like I do, most probably something dangerous.” Shin answered.
 
Shuten gasped, finally understanding what Imperial Crisis Mercury wanted to do.
 
“The Queen, she's going to use the Dragon Mirage spell.” He finally answered.
 
“NANDE?” came the unison chorus from the remaining Troopers.
 
The Dragon Mirage was one of the two forbidden, but most destructive spells in the entire history of Ancient Mercury. No many Queens had used, let alone mastered the spell. Queen Anhara was one of the very few who could truly control the sheer power of the spell.
 
“She does know this is extremely dangerous, does she?” Touma stammered.
 
Shuten nodded, “I'm sure she knows the consequence of using the spell in her current condition.”
 
“Then why…” Shuu was hesitant.
 
“Because she doesn't want any of us to sacrifice ourselves for her sake.” Shin silently answered.
 
Shuten cast an apologetic look at the downcast Shin.
 
“The Queen will pull through this.” He reassured the upset warrior.
 
“I hope you're right, Shuten.” Shin replied. Then, the two concentrated on the battle at hand.
 
Deciding that she was high enough, Imperial Crisis Mercury turned and readied her Mizu-Scepter.
 
Thrusting the Scepter into the air with both her hands, the senshi turned into her Queen form. Dark clouds gathered around the long-forgotten Queen Mercury, clustering around the Scepter orb. A thunderstorm formed around her, but Queen Anhara was undeterred. After gathering enough magic, she tuned around gracefully in a circle and unleashed the charged-up magic.
 
“Dragon Mirage!”
 
An extremely powerful beam of pure ice magic, in a form of a dragon, swept from the darkened skies, down towards Arago's detached arm. The armored forearm was caught in the onslaught of magic, disintegrating it.
 
Completely exhausted, Queen Anhara shut her eyes as she came down back to the earth.
 
“Foolish girl!” Arago laughed mockingly, as he prepared to take the defeated Mercury Queen.
 
The five warriors watched, horrified, as Arago began to take the unconscious Anhara, who was drifting down, with only tattered ice-blue ribbons covering her. It was not long before Anhara was completely absorbed into Arago. As a result, the destroyed arm was regained.
 
Once she disappeared into Arago's body, leaving behind a shimmer of dust, the five warriors then came to their senses.
 
They could not believe it; they had lost the one they were supposed to protect.
 
“We… failed.” Touma stammered, in utter shock.
 
“Iie.” Shuu was stunned.
 
Shin just stood still, still not believing that Anhara was gone.
 
“Troopers, snap out of it!” Shuten yelled. “We can't let both the Queen and Kaous' sacrifices be in vain!”
 
Arago let out a low satisfied laughter. Finally the Safiastra was in his gasp. Now all he had to do was to retrieve all the yoroi and the human world was his for the taking.
 
Taking advantage of the still stunned warriors before him, Arago first grabbed Suiko no Shin, slamming him onto the tiled roof. Touma then came to his rescue, only to be captured by Arago.
 
Defeated, Touma and Shin were the next to be absorbed by Arago, allowing him to gain a torso.
 
Inside Arago, Anhara felt two blue auras join her. Subconsciously, she knew Shin and Touma were taken. Reaching out to them with her mind, Anhara gasped when she felt their life forces were remarkably low.
 
They need to rest, that's for sure. She thought.
 
Back outside, Shuu swore revenge not only for his two defeated comrades, but also for his Queen.
 
Employing a `Gan Tessai', the attack was unfortunately subdued by Arago and reflected back at himself.
 
Shuu was down and he was then absorbed as well by Arago. Arago's yoroi was almost complete as he gained legs.
 
Shuten was the only one left and he battled graciously, intending to stall for time.
 
At this time, Seiji had returned back with a recovered Ryo. Noting the disappearance of three Troopers, Seiji could only guess what had happened. Just then, Arago's two forearms shot at the unsuspecting Korin, striking him off his feet and down the castle walls.
 
Ryo then screamed for the Korin warrior as his friend too disappeared into Arago.
 
Left alone with Shuten, Ryo then called his yoroi.
 
“Busho Rekka!” he screamed, his yoroi returning back to him.
 
Meanwhile, Nastui and Jun were still running away, with both Indivar and Byakuen protecting them.
 
Faced off with Arago with Shuten, Ryo could feel that Kaous' power was coming from Oni Masho himself.
 
“Rekka, this time, we'll battle not only for Kaous, and also for the Queen.” Shuten said.
 
Ryo nodded, “Agreed, Shuten.”
 
Then, Shuten's kanji started to glow. `Chu' appearing on his forehead. Ryo's kanji mimicked and did the same, glowing a fiery red, with the word, `Jin'.
 
The two leaders of the Inner and Outer circle of Queen Anhara's protectors were now fighting side by side and were seemingly to be holding their own for a short while.
 
Jun was delighted, as Nastui then recalled Kaous' words that it would take a team effort to defeat Arago.
 
Combing both their attacks, both Rekka no Ryo and Shuten managed to hold off Arago's massive hand for a short while.
 
Then, Arago attacked, grabbing Shuten, absorbing him as well. The only thing left was his jin baori (the cloak he wears over the armor), which was blown by the wind past the horrified Ryo.
 
Back inside Arago, Anhara gasped as felt yet another two aura entering Arago's body, one of them green, and the other yellow (A/N: Shuten's kanji color, I think.)
 
Shuten and Korin. She thought. So the only one left is Rekka.
 
“Quite right, my little defiant daughter.” Arago's voice said.
 
Anhara hissed, “You'll regret keeping me alive, Arago.” She warned.
 
Arago tsked, “Is this the way you talk to your father?”
 
“You're no father of mine!” Anhara screamed, struggling against her restrains.
 
“No matter.” Arago said, “Soon, Rekka will too fall and the human world will be mine.
You're quite foolish to use the Dragon Mirage, my dear.”
 
“Never underestimate the power of the human spirit, Arago.” Anhara replied.
 
The demon lord scoffed, “I have nothing but scorn for your so-called human spirit, child.
Now, watch as I defeat your very last warrior.” At that, Arago left her, returning to the battlefield.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
18. Fear of Evil Magic Ruler
 
Ryo now faced Arago all by himself as not only were all his companions absorbed by Arago, Shuten had told him that the Queen was the very first taken.
 
Arago was now a giant. (A/N: Didn't think he would play fair.)
 
Overtowering Rekka no Ryo, he stood up and laughed mockingly at the dwarfed Ryo.
Rekka no Ryo struggled hard against his foe, only to find that not even his strongest blows had any effect.
 
Nastui was now feeling hopeless, as the Samurai Troopers were all absorbed, save one.
 
She then told Jun that the Samurai Troopers were the only ones standing between the mortal realm and Arago and now that they were gone, Arago will win.
 
Jun, however, refused to believe and he yelled at Ryo to hang on.
 
Meanwhile, Ryo was grabbed by Arago's gigantic hand and his life was being squeezed out of him.
 
Suddenly, Ryo heard Anhara's voice.
 
Never give up hope, Rekka. She advised. Be true to your kanji and your yoroi will guide you through this.
 
Demo, how am I supposed to, Your Highness? Ryo asked back.
 
Although we had been absorbed by Arago, but all the Troopers' souls, plus Shuten's are still fighting against him.
 
Before what Anhara said was fully registered into Ryo's mind, he found himself free once more as the other Trooper's powers emerged.
 
Growling lowly, Arago summoned a thunderstorm, allowing him to regain his control over the Troopers and he faced off with Ryo again.
 
How am I to fight this? Ryo wondered.
 
And minna - they're part of him now!
 
Ryo did not want hurt his friends.
 
Just believe, Rekka! Anhara's voice sounded again this time more urgent.
 
Meanwhile, Byakuen and Indivar were busy protecting Nastui and Jun from the youja soldiers sent after them.
 
Back to Ryo and Arago, the warrior of Rekka wondered how he was supposed to kill Talpa without killing his comrades and the Queen inside.
 
Arago began taunting him, advising Ryo to just give it up and he would be reunited with his Queen.
 
Ryo flatly refused, retorting that all of Arago's words were a lie.
 
Suddenly, Arago was manipulating the absorbed Samurai Troopers' powers and the sheer power knocked Ryo back.
 
Dark clouds were now covering the city of Shinjuku and Arago stood tall over the last remaining and fallen Trooper.
 
Ryo finally realized that Arago was feeding off the hate and fear of the captured people and that the people were still alive.
 
Jun was very happy to hear this because now he knew his parents were definitely alive.
 
Rekka no Ryo fell off the roof but managed to find a handhold. However, Arago was still above him and the demon lord wanted the last remaining yoroi.
 
He warned Ryo to surrender but Rekka warrior retorted "I can't die until I kill you first"
 
Ticked off at his insolence, Arago swung his gigantic sword his sword at Ryo. Byakuen managed to save him.
 
Right now, it boiled down to the white tiger's speed to dodge Arago's sword.
 
Then, Arago demonstrated that he could manifest in the form and weapon as any of absorbed Troopers.
 
Suddenly, the appearance of Tenku no Touma using his sure kill, `Shin Ku Ha!'
 
Next was Korin no Seiji using his `Rai Ko Za!'
 
Ryo was knocked down by his friends' power.
 
Third was Suiko no Shin and his `Cho Ryu Ha', which knocked Ryo off, causing him to slide onto the floor.
 
Byakuen now came over to back his master up.
 
By the time of Kongo no Shuu's `Gan Tessai' came, Ryo was very exhausted.
 
He was slumped on the ground and could not get up. Arago's huge figure now stood over him, laughing.
 
Nastui and Jun stood watching and Jun began to think that Ryo just might lose this.
 
Jun then tried to run and help but Nastui grabbed the boy, stopping him. Despite the danger, Jun still wanted to help even though Arago might very well kill him. Ryo was still on the ground just as Arago stepped closer.
 
Ryo was getting dispirited and he thought about his past efforts and how it came to be.
 
He apologized to his friends for not being able to save them and would be with them shortly.
 
Suddenly, Anhara's voice sounded sharply in his head.
 
Don't you dare give up now, Rekka! She scolded. Everyone's still fighting!
 
In response to her, Ryo's kanji started to glow on his forehead and his power and strength was restored.
 
He then heard the voices of the captured Troopers and they shouted at him to kill Arago, as they did not care if they die.
 
Ryo then summoned up what power he had left to attack Arago, but soon discovered that he could not.
 
Ryo could not complete his attack despite their pleas, for he could not bring his heart to.
 
He was in his `So En Zan' stance but he broke it, pulling his katanas apart, and all his strength was gone.
 
Gloating, Arago encased his opponent in an energy ball and brought the disheartened Ryo up to eye-level, preparing to turn him into energy and absorb him as well.
 
Down below, Nastui and Jun were heard screaming "Iie"
 
Indivar and Byakuen looked up helplessly as the last Trooper was finally captured.
 
Back inside Arago, Anhara was charging up her energy, preparing for the final evolution of planetary senshi, a Holy senshi.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: Uh oh, Ryo's captured. What will happen to him? Find out in the next episode!