Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Betrayal ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I slowly opened my eyes. It felt like I had just woken up from comatose after being hit by a truck. If only I were that lucky. As I sat up rubbing my eyes, something hard and cold touched my cheek. The bracelet.

"About time you woke up," I heard a voice say and turned around to see it was Galaxia standing there. "Stand up!" she ordered. I wearily got to my feet and looked around me. Everything was just as it was when I took the hit. Had I only been out for a moment? It seemed like an eternity.

Galaxia walked up and grabbed my chin in her hand, forcing me to look her in the face.

"Tell me, Uranus," she said with a evil smile. "What are the names of the other Sailor Senshi? What are their human identities?"

For some strange reason, I found myself struggling to answer the question put forth to me. The other Sailor Senshi I had fought alongside... of course I knew who they were. Didn't I? The identities of my friends. Sailor Neptune and Pluto, my closest companions. Sailor Moon, my princess. How could I not know who they were? But as I struggled to think, the answers were not there.

"I... I don't remember," I said. For this response, I was promptly slapped across the face and fell to the ground.

"Insolent!" Galaxia yelled. "How dare you think you can lie to me!" I slowly got back to my feet and bowed in front of Galaxia.

"Madame Galaxia," I said, trying to salvage as much dignity as I could. "Aren't I your servant now?" I wanted to stab myself for letting those words leave my lips. Galaxia raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, that's true."

"Then how is it I could lie to you?" I asked. "Isn't that beyond my ability?"

Galaxia pondered the thought for a moment. "You have a point..." she said. "But then how..." She looked me over carefully.

"Get up here!" she commanded. I walked forward. As I did, Galaxia held her hand out and gripped Haruka's forehead. A painful wave of energy flowed through my body. I could feel its presence pulsing though my veins, finding its way into my mind. Just when I thought my head was going to split, Galaxia roughly released me and the pain stopped.

"Hmm... very clever," Galaxia said. I was curious as to what she was referring to, but didn't dare to speak.

"It seems that before your Star Seed was taken, you used your powers to erase your memories of your friends." Galaxia explained. "That way you wouldn't betray them."

"I did wha..." I stuttered. The power to erase memories? I didn't even possess that power. Unless...

"Taylor..." I whispered. "Did you give me the strength once again? The power to protect the ones I love?"

"Don't get so confident," Galaxia interrupted. "I've still got plans for you. In the meantime..." She glanced over at Taylor. He was still out of it, but I saw his eyelids starting to move, his body desperately trying to pull itself back to consciousness. I had an ominous feeling of what Galaxia was thinking.

"I did what you asked," I told her. "Now keep your promise. Let Taylor go." Galaxia smiled.

"I don't recall promising anything." She turned back to Lead Crow.

"Take him out of my sight," she said. "And then get rid of him." Lead Crow nodded obediently. My face fell in desperation, my heart sinking deep in my chest. It could not end like this. What had I just scarified everything for? To stand there and watch Taylor die? No. I would not let it happen.

"No!" I cried. I tried to reach out for Taylor, but an unseen force held me down. I couldn't even move. All I could do was cry out to my love, but he didn't hear me. Lead Crow picked up Taylor's limp body and walked out of the room.

"Taylor! Taylor!" I screamed in desperation. I didn't know why I was screaming. Maybe I thought my pleas would be heard by Crow and she would stop. Or maybe I just didn't want to hear the sounds that came next.

First there was a clash. A loud blow like what I had heard before Galaxia took my Star Seed. It was followed by a young man's scream. His last words were hard to make out, but I would have staked all of my life on what they were. He was calling to me. And after that, all was quiet.

* * * * *

It had been three days since I had lost Taylor. And now I spent my time confined to my room, doing nothing outside of weeping. I was so pathetic, I told myself. What would Taylor say if he saw me like this, wailing like a small and helpless child? What would my princess say to me? To the solider who betrayed her?

There was a knock at the door. I didn't answer.

"Miss Uranus!" said a friendly voice. "I've brought you something to eat."

"Leave me alone!" I snapped, but of course the girl was too clueless to listen. The door opened anyway and in walked Aluminum Siren with a tray of food. She was a frail-looking thing, with thick blue hair that fell to her ankles. Her demeanor seemed at first as emotionless as Crow's, but when she spoke, there was always a kind word for everybody. She seemed far too sweet to be caught up in such a mess as this.

"Why are you so sad, Miss Uranus?" she asked, sitting down next to me.

"Because," I said, drying my eyes. "I gave up my life, my dignity, everything so my knight could be safe. And in the end I lost him anyway. What do I have now? What's the point in going on?"

"Don't you have any friends?" Siren asked.

"I do..." I sighed. It was not a lie. "I don't remember which ones of them are the Sailor Soldiers I've fought alongside," I admitted. "But I remember all the ones who were close to me."

Siren looked thoughtful for a moment, a rather unusual thing for her. "I think..." she mused. "I think it would do you good to go back to earth and visit them."

"Of course," I answered with a cold laugh. "I can't wait to see what Galaxia thinks of that."

"You never know," Siren insisted. "Let me talk to her. Okay?"

I sighed, supposing there couldn't be any harm done in it. "Do what you want," I said. With that, Siren smiled and left.