Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Games With A Heart ❯ Games With A Heart ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Games With A Heart (G) By: LunaP lunapamy@excite.com

I do not own Sailor Moon, Backstreet Boys, or any of their songs or characters.

Serena and Darien had broken up three weeks ago. Serena knew he still loved her, but he would tell her that he did not love her anymore. Serena knew better. Their love had lasted a thousand years and more. She would not give up. She knew that if she could get him to break down and he would spill to her what made him do this. She got her chance when Andrew told her about a show at his and Darien's college. Andrew saw Serena's reaction and pulled a few strings to get her into the show. The night of the show, Serena used the Luna Pen to make herself look a bit older.

Darien sat down next to Andrew and Rita and wondered why Andrew had insisted that he come to the show. He stopped wondering when a much older looking Serena walked onto the stage.

"This is for the man who is playing games with my heart." She says as the music starts. Darien winces as he realizes she is talking about him.

Even in my heart I see

You're not bein' true to me

Deep within my soul I feel

Nothing's like it used to be

Sometime I wish I could turn back time

Impossible as it may seem

But I wish I could so bad baby

Quit playin' games with my heart

Quit playin' games with my heart

Before you tear us apart

I should've known from the start

Before you got in my heart

By now Darien is starting to break. He looks into her eyes when she looks at him and sees the pain he's caused her, but he also sees the love she has for him. He kept picturing himself pushing her away after he had the dream and this made him cry. He still loved her and his whole intention was just to protect her, but how could he protect her being so far away from her.

I live my life the way

To keep you comin' back to me

Everything I do is for you

So what is it that you can't see

It was true. Everything she did was for him. When she would run to him it was for him, when she would clutz out it was because she was thinking of him, and when she blushed it was for him.

Sometime I wish I could turn back time

Impossible as it may seem

But I wish I could so bad

You better quit playin' games with my heart

As she sang the chorus again the tears started to blur his vision or he would have seen the tears that lined her eyes.

Quit playin' games

Baby, baby the love that we had was so strong

Do't leave me hanging her forever

Oh baby, baby this is not right, let's stop this tonight

Darien realizes that this was his cue. It was now or never to get her back. He started to walk toward the stage.

Baby, quit playin' games

Sometime I wish I could turn back time

Impossible as it may seem

But I wish I could so bad, baby

Quit playin' games with my heart.

By the time the last note had played Darien was in front of the stage and Serena was staring at him. He jumped onto the stage and wrapped her in his arms and she gladly accepted his embrace. She dropped the microphone as Darien leaned toward her. He told her how much he loves her and how he always will love her. She accepted his apology and he leaned closer until their lips were crushed together. There was a thunderous applause as the bond that was always meant to be was sealed forever, never to be tested again and always would they be together. Never would games be played with either of their hearts.

The End!

Hope you liked it! It was my first attempt at a song fic. E-mail would gladly be accepted.