Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Neo T ❯ Astra's Day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Theme song: Dare, by Stan Bush*



Dear Rita,

Hey, it's your favorite little Guardian cat! How's Andrew doing since he moved over to you? I'm sure he'll be pleased that we've temporarily merged the Parlor Crown with Titans Coffee. If you two should ever want to move back, it's all yours. I have not had the most interesting of days, but still I haven't written to you in a while and I feel you deserve to hear an update on things happening.






The Day mainly began when our ship, I'm sure you've heard it on the news, returned from our expedition to the planet Cephiros. We were all happy to be home, save for one. Lucy walked off from the rest of us, looking slightly glum and carrying the box of rings she had brought back from Cephiros. The Titans and I were all feeling very worried. Never before had we seen Lucy actually depressed! Of all of us, she was the one who was always bringing smiles to our faces.

Reuisu: We've got to find a way to cheer her up somehow.

Chris: I think we should just support her as best she can and let her work at her own pace.

Miya: I agree.

Reuisu: I'm afraid I do not. While you were all sleeping, I went for a walk out on the ship. I found a bomb latched to our reactor core of the ship. The emissions from the core had disabled it, and we were lucky. We have a new enemy out there who doesn't like us at all. All of the Titans are going to have to be at full strength for this. If Lucy is depressed in battle, it could mean that she'll become reckless and apathetic, making her a danger to the mission to protect our Queen.

Me: I think you're overthinking this one, Reuisu.

Michelle: I wouldn't be so inclined to agree with you, Astra. Reuisu's got a point. We definetely have a new enemy on our hands. We can take great comfort in Reuisu's new Sailor Angel powers. However, I still think you should use the Centauri-

Reuisu turned to face Michelle after that.

Reuisu: As long as I live, I will never transform into Sailor Centauri again! That armor brought me nothing but pain and misery, and I will not allow it to finish the misery it started the last time I put it on! I lost Rei because of the armor, and I lost you all for a thousand years. I'm not going to let it force me to lose you again.







One thing that was happening that we did not know was happening at the time, was taking place in a horrible location. A being, cloaked in black, burnt rags sat on a throne in an underground castle far below the city of Kurast. The place he was in still haunted the Titans' dreams, especially Sailor Love's. It was Mephisto's Durance of Hate. I had never been there, Reuisu has asked me to stay up in Kurast. Books describing the place, including the newly discovered "Dante's Durance of Hatred," say that the very walls were forged from Mephisto's own hatred when he and the other two Prime Evils were banished from the lowest levels of hell. The Titans had only been to the upper layer of hell, around the river of flame. They had avoided the river Styx quite intentionally. Anyway, the being was inside Mephisto's former Durance.

Being: "The skies shall rain fire, and the seas will become as black. The righteous shall fall before the wicked..." The words of Mephisto, spoken directly from the Sailor Wars book. The skies did rain fire, and the seas became black, but the righteous did not fall before the wicked. The righteous are the Sailor Titans. In order for my ultimate plan to make the righteous fall before the wicked, I will need a certain crystal.

However, some demons didn't seem to agree with the cloaked being that had arrived. One such demon was called a Tainted, a behemoth that was colored brown and green, with horns and a cow-like head.

Tainted: The concerns of the mortal world are not ours. Why we're even listening to you is a mystery to me.

The cloaked being narrowed his eyes and laughed.

Being: Ah, brave new world... That has such fools in it.

The Tainted snarled.

Tainted: I don't see what's so important about conquering the mortal world, even if you are who you say you are. And I think you're just a skeleton wrapped in a blanket.

The cloaked being stopped laughing and glared with hatred at the Tainted. An organic tentacle shot out from behind the cloak and sharpened into a point at the end. The tentacle shot into the Tainted's head, impaling the demon. The Tainted collapsed, dead.

Being: DOES ANYONE ELSE WISH TO QUESTION MY AUTHORITY?!

There was silence in the Durance of Hate.

Being: Good. Doom Knights!

Out of the shadows came several figures. Their faces were shadowed, but their eyes were glowing with a red intensity like Diablo's skin. Their bodies were thin and wrinkled, with dark-gray skin. They had heavy golden armor surrounding them, as with large swords. I always wondered how such a frail-looking demon could carry all that weight.

Doom Knight: Yes, Doomsday?

Being: I require you to go to Crystal Tower in Crystal Tokyo, and retrieve for me the Silver Crystal, the power source of Neo-Queen Serenity.

Doom Knight: At once, my lord.

Freaky, eh? Whoever this guy was, he had a definite plan for armageddon, not that we knew at the time, of course. We were too busy trying to cheer up Lucy, and it eventually worked after throwing a party honoring the former Cephiros Kingdom. Also, at Reuisu's request, Lucy let Reuisu borrow two of the rings that she brought back from Cephiros, which had crucifixes on them. Reuisu thought that other sources or symbols of faith might amplify his new Angel powers.

You know, I just realized I never told you about my feelings for the Titans. I am their Guardian, after all. Well, let's see, where to start... Ah, Michelle of course. Michelle Tsuki-Kagayaku, the person who I was originally supposed to be a guardian for. I met her back in Paris ages ago. I love the girl, but geez, she can just be so... High-school-crush-on-most-handsome-guy. I mean, I know she's engaged to Tyrael and all, but still...

Now as for Lucy, she has got to be the most happy person I've ever known. It's actually a surprising thing she became so cheery and all. When we first met her, she was a travelling doctor, stranded there near the Rogue Encampment when she thought she could make it on her own. Instead, she lost all the money her parents had given her and lost contact with her family. She didn't seem too happy when we first met her, but now she's grown into this wonderful person we love and respect. Of course, she could use a boyfriend.

Speaking of boyfriends and girlfriends, there's always the lovebirds of the Titans, Miya and Chris. What's always surprised me about humans is the "love at first sight" complex. Love is supposed to be something that grows over time. After all, look at you and Andrew. I doubt you two just fell in love when you saw each other. Miya should know this better than anyone else, being the sovreign of love and all that. And as for Chris, I would've thought a lot more self-restraint could've been in order for him.

And finally, there's Reuisu. Well... Here's the thing that proves my point: I love Reuisu.






To Be Continued...