Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Between Duty And Love ❯ First Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TORN BETWEEN DUTY AND LOVE
by Blue Dreamer (bluedreamer80@hotmail.com)
A Land Of Dreams : www.alandofdreams.com


Disclaimer:
Sailor Moon is owned by all its respective owners, Naoko Takeuchi, et al. Any other characters in this story are copyright to me as well as the story itself. Thank you and I hope you enjoy. This fic is inspired by Yumi Tamura's masterpiece Legend of Basara which happens to be the manga and anime I prefer.

Synopsis:
Serenity grew up in the shadow of her twin brother... What happens when she will have to take destiny in her hands and go fight the dictatorship that has taken place in her country?

Editors:
Jessica (futuremoonteen@aol.com)

Chapter 01 : First meeting

This story takes place a long time ago. At that time, Japan was divided into two regions (North and South) and ruled by a terrible Emperor named Darius the First (North) after conquering Marcus the Third's region (South).

Marcus was a good king liked by his people. However, all the people living in his territory had to now obey Darius slightest order or else they were imprisoned. Nothing could be done without the Emperor's approval. Any kind of rebellion was quickly suppressed.

Darius got Marcus killed and made the latter's wife, Mary, his. Mary was then a few weeks pregnant with Marcus's child. However, she knew wisely that it would be safer to keep that to herself (and only told her faithful maid) and passed off her child as Darius'.

Endymion was born on May 23rd 1577. Darius decided his son would be a great Emperor like him. He was going to make his son feared by all and respected. However a sorcerer well known to Darius predicted that a child would ruin all plans to power and conquest. Darius did not quite take this seriously and trained his son into becoming a great tyrant.

Once, Mary tried to interfere as Darius was beating Endymion. This ended up in a tragedy and Darius killed Mary right in front of his son. Endymion cried many nights unknown to his father. However, the boy grew and was behaving like Darius. Heartless, merciless... he had all the characteristics of Darius who was very proud of his son.

In the meantime, the regions of the South were suffering. Indeed, Darius was very strict with them as he was getting a great pleasure on humiliating them. Somehow, in a small village of the south, it was predicted that very soon, a child will guide them to freedom, will rebel against this tyrant and save the country. This child would bring all hope back so said the prophet of this village. This child would be born in November 12th 1580.

Indeed, on that very day, Selene gave birth to twins: a girl Serenity and a boy Shingo. It seamed obvious that Shingo was the savior and all the attention was given to this boy. Serenity would only observe and see the situation, quite envious on her brother's attention and probably jealous. However, she was taken over by Luna the prophet who was teaching her many things, from reading to mathematics, from arts to medicine, and Serenity was always curious on learning more.

In 1590, on his 10th birthday, Shingo, after a long and severe training of several years, was offered a magnificent sword. As Serenity tried to touch it, her father slapped her. She cried as she realized her parents were not bothered about her...just the savior mattered, which meant Shingo.

Having the same features, same height and all, Serenity was left out like an extra wheel. Luna would come and reassure her, telling her that destiny can play tricks to you. Her only friend was Mokko and he was today more interested in her brother's sword than to be with her. She was so upset that she set off alone to the outside...

Rumors had been arriving to Darius' palace. The emperor was not too happy about the popularity of this so called savior and decided it was time for him to test his 13 year old son's abilities.

-"Endymion, my son" he started "You are going to this village in the south and get this so called savior killed... that will teach those people not ton even think of rebelling"

-"Yes father, I'll go straight away" Endymion answered proudly as his father gave him the command of the army for this mission

Serenity was upset as no one really took time to speak with her... Only Luna was there... 'Luna is probably the only person who cares about me' she thought. Having nothing to do she decided to walk away from the village, something she was not allowed to do but as the saying says 'Curiosity killed the cat'

After having walked two hours outside the village, Serenity was tired and decided to stop and sit on the dunes... 'The sky's so beautiful...' she then saw what seemed to be a star moving... "I wish I could find happiness" she shouted and then started to sob "why have I to be his twin..."

After a while Serenity decided to head back to her village 'They must be anxious' she first thought 'No, I'm sure they haven't even realized me having gone'. Her attention was brought back by the noise she heard coming from the village 'Could they have bee so anxious to have sent so many people' as she heard the noise getting louder... She realized soon enough that the people coming towards her were not from the village... Her instinct told her to run and hide... however it was too late... The strangers were approaching...

At the head was a boy... probably a little older than she was... his face was covered with his helmet and hid most of it. As the strangers came closer... Serenity was terrified which amused them all.

- "My Prince, what are we to do with this girl?" a soldier asked the boy

- "For being on my way... you can kill her" the young prince answered coldly looking at her. Somehow as he looked into her eyes he was moved by the sadness of her innocent eyes... "After second thought... just let her be.. it's more amusing to let the mouse run away... we'll get her sooner or later anyway" he commanded and left... his army following him. 'What's happening to me... I cannot soften like this'

Waiting for the strangers to be out of site Serenity ran back to her village to find out that a tragedy had occurred...




Author's notes
Let me know if you want me to continue this fic or not
"Dreams are the beginning of a never ending story"