Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Four
------------------------------------
Michiru walked into her classroom and sat down at her desk looking out the open window. The sun was shinning brightly as the birds chirp happily as they played in the puddles from the rain the previous day. The warning bell rung as Michiru looked over to the desk beside her, it was empty. `I wonder where Haruka is.' The teacher walked in the room as the final bell rang.
“Good morning class,” she sat her books down at her desk and began taking the attendance, the door to the classroom opened and in walked Haruka who was wearing his gym uniform.
“So nice of you to join us Mr Tenoh.” Haruka smiled at the teacher and gave her a piece of paper; the teacher read it and gave it back to him.
“Alright Haruka, but I expect you to get the work from someone.” Haruka nodded and left the room shutting the door behind him. Michiru looked at the closed door then back at the empty desk beside her, `what's up with him?' She looked back out the window as the teacher talked about math problems. The morning went by very slow for Michiru since she didn't have anyone to talk to. The bell rung for lunch and everyone gathered their books and head for the cafeteria. Michiru brought her own lunch today instead of buying it, she headed out to the garden in hopes she might see Haruka, she sat under one of the trees and began eating her sandwich, after her lunch she leaned her head against the tree and closed her eyes. There was a cool breeze blowing even though it was very hot out, she smiled as the wind played with her hair making her drift off into dreamland.
-------------------------------------------
“Alright Tenoh, that's enough practise for today,” the coach threw a bottle of water to her. Haruka wiped the sweat of her forehead with a towel that laid on the bench and drank the bottle of water heading to the locker room to get changed. She stretched her muscles as she exited the locker room, she ran all morning long and her muscles started to feel the strain of being used for such a long period of time. Her stomach growled as she headed for the cafeteria to get something to eat and then go find Michiru. Haruka paid for her sandwich and went back outside looking for her friend. She walked over to the garden and stopped at the entrance to see if Michiru was in there, she spotted a sleeping form lying under a willow tree. As quietly as possible she walked over to the sleeping form and stared at her beauty, the wind played with her wavy hair blowing it in her face. Haruka sat down beside her and eat her lunch while watching her sleep.
Two tired eyes opened as they felt someone sitting beside them, two teal eyes stared back at them.
“Hey sleeping beauty.” Michiru sat up and cleared her throat.
“Hello Haruka.” She rubbed her eyes, `how long have I been asleep for?' She glanced at her watch, her eyes widen in shock.
“I'm late for class,” she got up off the grass and brushed herself off. Haruka grabbed hold of her hand stopping her from running to her class. Michiru heart started to beat faster as she felt his hand tighten its grip, she wished he would never let go.
“Why don't you wait for your next period then go?” Haruka still held her hand. Michiru looked down at their hands and swallowed hard, then sat back down beside him. `Hope this is the right decision,' she looked at Haruka's smiling face, `this is definitely the right decision.' Michiru smiled as she looked up to the blue sky.
“Michiru,” Haruka looked down at her hands,
“Yeah?” Michiru continued looking at the sky.
“Are you going to the track meet Saturday?”
“I umm...I wasn't planning too.”
“Oh...” Michiru could hear the disappointment in his voice, she looked at him,
“Why?” She was curious now.
“I was just wondering if...if you would like to come and watch me run.” Haruka ran her hand through her hair. Michiru opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. `He wants ME to come!' Her heart was beating so fast she thought it would leap out of her chest.
“Well, I guess I could come if you want.”
“Great, I'll look for you at the track.” Haruka's heart was just beating as fast as Michiru.
“Well, if it isn't the freak and her boyfriend!” Haruka and Michiru both looked up, standing in front of them was one of Katsuko's friends, and she had the biggest grin on her face,
“Katsuko will certainly enjoy hearing about this.” The happiness Michiru felt a few seconds ago was gone and replaced with sadness, Haruka stood up and faced this little girl, Haruka had to look down at her since she was a head taller than her,
“You will not tell Katsuko anything!” Haruka crossed her arms before her chest and her eyes were full of rage.
“You're not the boss of me!” the girl stuck her tongue out at her and then ran away. Haruka shook her head in annoyance, she turned around and faced Michiru, she looked like she was in her own little world,
“Michiru?” Haruka waved her hand in front of her face; Michiru blinked and came back to reality. Haruka sat back down beside the goddess,
“I have a question for you...” Haruka looked directly into Michiru's deep blue eyes
“Why does Katsuko hate you so much?” Michiru let out a deep sigh and looked down at her hands,
“I don't know really, but I think she is jealous of me.” Michiru giggled a sad giggle as she remembered the look on Katsuko's face when she found out that her father was Kei Kaioh, the famous violinist of Japan.
“When she found out that my parents had `money' she began starting rumours about me and almost everyone stopped being friends with me.” She smiled at Haruka but it was a very sad smile. Haruka looked at her eyes, she was holding back her tears, Haruka took one of her hands and brought it up to her mouth and kissed it,
“I'll be your friend Michiru until the day I die.” A single tear escaped Michiru's eye and rolled down her cheek, Haruka wiped it away with her finger and kissed the top of her hand again.
------------------------------------------------
Haruka stood at the starting line stretching her muscles getting them ready for the race that was going to start in a few minutes. She looked up to the audience and scanned the crowd for a certain person with aqua hair, the only people she saw were Katsuko and her gang holding a sign, Haruka read it and rolled her eyes `your #1 Tenoh!'
“Looks like you have a fan club Haruka.” A young girl with short red hair stood beside her. Haruka smiled at the girl,
“Yeah, looks that way,” she ran her hand through her hair; the girl laughed at her and continued to stretch.
“Will all the runners competing in the race take there position?” A tall man stood off to the side of the track, all the runners took their marks.
“On your mark...get set...” The sound of the gun went off and the runners took off down the track, Haruka left all the runners in her dust as she crossed the finish line, the man who had the stop watch was shocked at the time, it was a new course record. Haruka waved her hands in the air to the crowd as they cheered for her. She sat down on the bench next to her gym bag and got a bottle of water out of it.
“Congratulation Haruka.” She smiled as she recognized the person's voice,
“Thanks,” she turned to see the person; Michiru was standing there wearing a light blue summer dress that went to her knees. Haruka stood up while looking at Michiru's dress.
“Is there something wrong with my dress?” Michiru looked down at the dress,
“No...I was just admiring how nice you look in it.” Haruka smiled as Michiru's face turned a shade of light red,
“Thanks.”
------------------------------------
Haruka stood on a stage with three other people; she had a medal dangling around her neck.
“Congratulations you three.” A bald man shook each of there hands then left the stage, a picture was taken of them and they each received a bouquet of flowers. Haruka knew the perfect person to give them too; she walked off the stage and over toward the shadows of the building were someone was waiting for her.
“So Michiru, how'd I look up there?” Haruka stood beside her,
“Alright.” Michiru laughed as Haruka pouted,
“Just alright...I didn't look handsome or charming?”
“Well, when you find a charming, handsome guy let me know.”
“Ha ha, very funny.” Haruka gathered her gym bag and head for the exit with Michiru beside her.
In the bleachers sat a bunch of kids, in the middle of them sat a very angry Katsuko. Her hands were tightened into tight fists and she grinded her teeth.
“She has gone far enough; it's time to put an end to this right now!” She watched as Haruka and Michiru left the track together.
------------------------------------------------