Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Ten
------------------------------------------------
Haruka turned her body slightly so she could see Michiru but not face her completely; she looked at her through sad eyes.
“What are you doing here Michiru?” Her voice was low and deep like she just awoke from sleep. Michiru looked down to the ground afraid of Haruka's expression,
“I…I just wanted to see…how your father was.” Michiru played nervously with her shirt wrapping her fingers around the fabric. Haruka turned toward the window,
“How do you think he is Michiru?” Her voice sounded sad and angry.
“He has first, second and third degree burns on half of his body, the only way he is not in pain is when he sleeps…” her head started to hurt and her body shook from lack of sleep. Michiru looked up at the reflection in the window; she could see Haruka's worried eyes staring at her father. Haruka closed her eyes and leaned against the cool glass. Michiru took a deep breathe and moved closer to the blonde, it hurt her inside to see Haruka like this…all alone. Michiru put her hand on the blonde's shoulder and stepped ever so close, the blonde flinched as she felt Michiru's hand, it felt cold through the material of her shirt.
“Please Michiru, just leave me alone,” the blonde whispered in a husky voice. Michiru took her hand off the blonde and stepped back, her hands began to tremble as she placed them by her side. She looked down at the tile floor,
“I'm sorry Haruka…for what I said and how I acted.” Michiru turned and slowly walked away from the blonde forever.
The elevator dinged as it came to the first floor of the hospital and the doors opened. Michiru took a deep breathe to try and clam her hurting heart and trembling hands.
“Michiru dear,” she looked around and spotted her father were she had left him awhile ago. She smiled at him as she walked over to him,
“Hey dad,” her voice was very quite.
“What's the matter?” Her father's eyes looked at her with a concerned glance. Michiru shook her head but didn't say anything as if she did she would break down and cry as she was feeling upset and angry with herself. Her father didn't push the subject as he seen the sadness in her eyes.
-------------------------------------------
The sound of rain poring down on the fibre glass roof woke a sleeping body who just recently fell asleep. The blonde sat up in bed and swung her legs over the side touching the soft carpet with her feet. She ran her hand through her very messy hair as she stood up and made her way over to the bathroom. The shower was turned on and soon steam escaped the shower door causing the mirror to fog up. Soon a very red blonde stepped out of the shower and over to the mirror, she took a towel off the rack and wiped off the mirror, the reflection staring back at her had changed over the past weeks, her eyes were blood shot and black circles started to appear under her eyes. Over the past weeks she had spent almost ever waking minute with her father who was starting to get better with each passing day. Haruka walked past the kitchen after she got dressed and into the living room, on the wall was a calendar with a picture on it of Fuji Mountain. She quickly glanced at it as she went to the door, `summer vacation is almost over,' she thought as she grabbed an umbrella, the rain was still coming down hard so she couldn't ride her bike so she had to walk. Even though it was summer time and hot out Haruka froze as she walked down the street, every so often the rain would blow right in her face, she pulled the wind breaker closer together as she continued to make her way to the hospital. A thunder ripped across the sky, Haruka looked up; a sad smile appeared on the blonde's face as she remembered two frightened blue eyes looking at her. She sighed and continued on her way.
------------------------------------
Michiru stood inside the entrance of the mall and looked out at the very dark sky. `Why did I go shopping today?' she looked down at her bag then back outside. Lightening lit the whole sky, Michiru shivered. `What am I going to do…moms working and dad can't drive.' She gripped the handle of her umbrella she held in her other hand; she slowly opened the door and walked outside and into the storm.
The rain increased and the wind blow into her face as she struggled with her umbrella and package. `Please umbrella, don't give out on me now.' Michiru was slowly losing the battle against the wind. The wind wiped under her umbrella and flipped it inside out making it look like a V. Michiru was instantly soaked, she desperately tried to turn it the right way but the wind won't allow it. She gave up and let it fall to the ground, she wrapped her arms around her package she bought and made her way down the street. Rain ran off her nose, her hair and clothes could no longer soak up the water, she brushed a wet strain of hair behind her ear and was about to give up on her package.
The wind around her all of a sudden died down and the rain stopped raining on just her, she looked up and an umbrella was above her head protecting her from the rain. She turned around and looked into tired dark teal eyes.
“Haruka?” Michiru heart skipped a beat,
“Michi what are you doing out in weather like this?” Michiru looked up at the blonde, `Michi?' She looked down at her package, the thunder around them seemed to get quieter and the lightening wasn't as bright.
“You should get out of those wet clothes before you catch a cold.” The blonde turned around and started to walk away but stopped and turned to face Michiru who didn't move.
“Michiru, are you coming?” Michiru looked up in surprise and tightened her grip around her package. She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat and quickly walked over to the blonde. They walked in silence; the only thing heard was the rain on the umbrella.
Haruka tightened her grip around the umbrella's handle, out of the corner of her eye she watched Michiru walking beside her. `Aren't you going to say anything?' A little voice in the back of Haruka's mind voiced its opinion. `No!' She yelled at it. `Still angry with her aren't you?' Haruka tried to ignore it. `If you're still anger with her, why help her?'
`Shut up!' Haruka looked down at the ground while she walked, deep down inside her she knew why she helped her but that was for her knowledge only.
They turned the corner and were about twenty feet away from the entrance were Haruka lived. Haruka looked over to Michiru; she had her head down and kept her eyes on the sidewalk, refusing to look at Haruka. They made it to the entrance of the park and Haruka stopped dead in her tracks, `was this a good idea bring her here?' Haruka looked at Michiru's soaked form and decided it was, she turned and walked in the entrance. Michiru stood in the pouring rain again as Haruka walked off into the park, Michiru stood there looking at the park's entrance, `so this is where she lives.' Michiru slightly smiled and ran to catch up to the blonde. Haruka took her keys out of her jean pant pocket and unlocked the door to her home, she slowly opened the door and let Michiru go in first. After she shut the door she went into her bedroom while Michiru stood by the door looking uncomfortable, she looked around the trailer; it looked very cozy and warm to her. Haruka came back to were she was holding clothes.
“Here these should fit you while you are waiting for your cloths to dry.” She handed them to her and pointed over to a door,
“You can get changed in there.”
“Thanks,” she whispered and walked over to the bathroom, she opened the door and gasped; in the corner was a beautiful flower arrangement of different colour roses and other flowers. She walked over to them and let the scent engulf her, how she loved flowers. She stripped her wet clothes and put on Haruka's warm ones, she pulled a navy t-shirt over her head, the sleeves went past her elbows, then she put on black sweat pants that were way to long, she had to roll them up so she could actually walk and not trip.
Michiru made her way into the living room were Haruka was sitting on the couch watching television, she got up off the couch and took Michiru's wet clothes and left her standing there. The sound of the dryer came through the doorway as Haruka came back into the room.
“They'll be dry in about a half an hour.” Haruka sat back down on the couch, Michiru sat down beside her and looked at the TV but not really seeing what was on. `Why is she being so nice to me after what I did?' Michiru looked down at her hands; she wanted to ask her but couldn't find the courage to speak up so she just sat there and listened to the rain pouring down on the trailers roof.
Michiru stood in the bathroom again and put on her now warm dry clothes. She handed Haruka her clothes back as she came back into the living room.
“Thanks Haruka.” She smiled and looked into the blonde's eyes, `she looks so tired.'
“I'd better go now,” she walked to the door and put her wet shoes back on. Haruka ran her hand through her hair.
“Uh…I'll walk ya home.”
“You don't-” Haruka interrupted her.
“I know I don't but I want to, besides it's late out and you never know.” Haruka grabbed her umbrella and opened the door and stepped outside, it still rained but not as hard as before. Michiru grabbed her package that she left by the door earlier and followed Haruka outside.
They walked down the street in silence, once in awhile Michiru would tell Haruka which way to turn to get to her house. Michiru gripped her package tightly as she walked; out of the corner of Haruka's eye she noticed the package Michiru held to her chest.
“I hope your package didn't get ruined by the rain.” Haruka was the first to interrupt the silence; Michiru looked down at the package, the box felt wet and soggy.
“It's fine.”
A low thunder rumbled off in the distance, Michiru moved closer to Haruka, Haruka smiled to herself as she felt Michiru brush against her arm.
“Still not a fan of thunderstorms?” Michiru head shot up and looked at Haruka then quickly looked down at the sidewalk embarrassed.
They turned a corner and soon they entered the rich part of town, Haruka looked at all the beautiful houses as they made there way down the street. Michiru pointed at one of the houses, it was two stories high with two white pillars standing at the front by the entrance, the house was white bricked, and the only word Haruka could think of was `wow.'
“That's were I live.” Michiru stopped in front of the house,
“Thanks for walking me home Haruka.” Haruka looked into sad blue eyes then turned to leave. Michiru watched the blonde slowly walk away, inside she was screaming to run after her but she remained were she was, she lowered her head as she walked up to the front door of her house. She got out her keys and unlocked the door and entered. Soft melodies drifted through the house as Michiru took off her wet shoes; she made her way over to the music room and slowly opened the door, inside her father sat at the piano, his fingers danced across the black and white ivory keys. She smiled and quietly closed the door and made her way up to her bedroom, inside her bedroom she sat the wet package on the floor and sat down beside it. She opened the wet box and carefully pulled out the contents, in her hands laid a leather covered violin case with the initials K.K. on the corner. She stood and walked over to her closet and she set it in a box and closed the door.
---------------------------------------
A blonde man in his late thirties lounged on a hospital bed, his chest and left arm was bandaged and part of his face was cover with white cream. He held a novel in his hands as he heard someone walking into the room, he looked up and into sad eyes teal eyes.
“What's the matter Haru?” He sat the novel down beside him. Haruka slumped in the near by chair and sighed.
“Nothing's the matter.” She felt happy when she was walking with Michiru but now it disappeared, she leaned her head back against the chair and closes her tired eyes. Zenko picked the up his novel and started to read it again, every so often he would look at his daughter, `she has grown up so much this pass month.' Haruka relaxed her head against the chair and let her mind wander, an image of Michiru came to her mind, a small sad smile came to her lips as Michiru eyes look frighten by the thunderstorm. She took a deep breathe and the scent of flowers overwhelmed her, she slowly opened her eyes and looked in the direction the scent was coming from. On her father's night stand stood a bouquet of beautiful flowers, in front laid a card. She picked the card up and read it; a happier smile appeared on her lips.
“The Kaioh family seem to be very nice.” Haruka looked up at her father and nodded in agreement.
“Yeah they sure are.”
---------------------------------------
The sound of an alarm clock echoed through the room, a hand came out from under the covers and smacked the snooze button. The blankets were pulled over their head, they groaned as someone pulled the curtains back and let the sun brighten up the dark room.
“Come on Michiru time to get up.” The person started to pull the covers off of her,
“You don't want to be late for your first day back to school,” a groan was the only reply.
Michiru made her way to the kitchen after getting dressed,
“Morning,” she yawned as she went to the fridge to get her breakfast- a yogurt. Her mother walked into the room looking fully awake and ready to start her day.
“Morning Michiru.” She sat down beside her husband who was reading the paper.
“I'll give you a ride to school but we have to leave a bit earlier.” Michiru nodded her sleepy head.
----------------------------------
“Have a good day sweetie.” Michiru smiled at her mother then shut the door to the car. She turned to look at the school, `One more year than I am out of here.' She made her way to her locker and opened it to put her bag inside.
“Michiru!”
“Michiru!” She looked around, four students were walking rather quickly towards her, this surprised her. The four students came to a halt in front of her,
“Is it true?” One of the student's spoke up. `Is what true?' she thought as her heart rate increased.
“Is it true you play the violin?” Michiru took a deep breathe as she felt her heart rate go back to normal. She smiled friendly at them,
“Yes it's true.” They all grin at her,
“Why do you want to know?” The four students look at each other and nodded.
“The school is starting an orchestra…” a boy with dark red hair spoke, “and we want to know if you would like to join us?” Michiru eyes widen in surprise, `they want me to join there orchestra?' She smiled at them and agreed to join.
The warning bell rang indicating that classes would start in five minutes. Michiru walked into the classroom, `I wonder who told them a played?' She sat at the back of the classroom and looked out the window. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted someone, she didn't know if she could handle seeing again, they made their way back to the back of the room and sat in the desk beside hers.
“Hey Michiru.” Michiru looked down at her desk, not wanting to look at the blonde. Their new teacher walked into the room just as the bell rang, he stood by the chalkboard.
“Good morning class, I'm Mr. Kawashima.”
---------------------------------------
Haruka stared at the clock `five more minutes till lunch.' She couldn't wait to get out of the classroom, the teacher talked all morning about what he expected from his students. She glanced over at Michiru; she looked just as bored as she was. The bell finally rang; Haruka gathered her things and made her way to her locker. A blur of aqua hair went by her; she looked up to see Michiru with four kids. `That's good she made some friends,' she shut her locker and walked outside, the sun shined brightly, not a cloud in sight. She made her way over to the yard, the laughing of students brought her attention to a tree, seated in the shadows were Michiru and her new friends. Haruka quickly walked past them with her head down and her hands in her pockets.
“What did you do on your summer vacation Michiru?” A boy named Miki with light blue hair and royal blue eyes asked. Michiru sat amongst her new friends, she still couldn't believe it, these kids wanted to be her friend.
“I went to Spain for awhile.” She smiled at the boy. The four friends talked to one another while Michiru sat there enjoying the company, Miki was telling a joke he had read recently making the girls laugh except Michiru, she had her eyes on a certain blonde who just walked outside.
“Earth to Michiru,” a girl by the name of Harumi waved her hand in front of her face. The four of them all looked were Michiru was looking,
“Haruka Tenoh, I thought you guys are friends,” the girl beside Harumi spoke, Michiru looked down at her lap,
“Yeah.” Harumi and Miki looked at each other and nodded understanding; they wouldn't push the subject any further.
“I was kind of wondering…who told you that I played the violin?” Michiru twirled her thumbs.
“Um…” Miki spoke very quietly, “Haruka Tenoh.” Michiru head snapped up in shock, `Why would she do that?' She stood and excused herself from the group; she couldn't stand it anymore she needed to talk to Haruka. She spotted her walking into the garden, so she followed her. She entered the garden to find Haruka leaning against a tree with her eyes closed; she moved closer, it was like déjà vu except she was the one sneaking up on Haruka. Haruka opened her teal eyes slightly as she heard a twig snap, she looked over to Michiru and closed her eyes again.
“Hi Haruka,” Michiru's voice crackled, no response came from the blonde.
“H-How is your father doing?” Michiru looked down to the ground.
“He's doing much better.” Michiru looked up to her, her eyes were now opened.
“Really, that is good to hear.” Michiru started to rock back and forth on her heels, an uncomfortable silence surrounded them. Haruka stood from the tree and turned to leave Michiru standing there alone. `No!' She couldn't let Haruka leave again.
“Haruka, please don't leave.” Michiru begged her. Haruka stopped but she kept her back to her. Michiru walked up behind her.
“Haruka, I want you to be my friend again,” she whispered and bowed her head. Haruka didn't respond or move so Michiru continued,
“I know you probably hate me after what I did to you and I'm really sorry but…” Michiru grasped her hands together as they began to shack. Haruka held her head low also, a soft sob came from behind her, she turned around, and her heart sank as she saw Michiru.
“You're the only true friend a really have,” Michiru was mumbling. Haruka moved closer to her, she put her finger under her chin and made her look into her eyes, a smile formed on Haruka's lips,
“I could never hate you Michiru,” Haruka removed her finger from under her chin and lightly tapped her on the nose,
“And I never stopped being your friend in the first place.” A happy sigh escaped Michiru's lips and a true smile appeared on her face. The bell rang interrupting there conversation; they walked side by side into the school for another lecture on some boring topic.
-----------------------------------------