Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Challenge ❯ Tension and Confusion ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Trunks sighed. He had actually hoped that he wouldn't have to train with somebody as determined as Hotaru. But he looked at her with a new light. Maybe, if he couldn't teach her much, she could teach him. Full of confidence again, Trunks walked airily back to his chamber. // Well if that isn't as conceited as ever! // Hotaru though, watching Trunks walk off.

Vegeta smirked, not visibly to Hotaru and Trunks. // This is already going well.... // Vegeta thought. And oh, how wrong he was at the time. He had no idea of what he was getting himself into.

"I'll show you to your quarters. You'll find that they're quite roomy, and you may decorate them as you please. Bulma just loves having guests. I'll have to introduce you during appetizers." Vegeta stated.

Hotaru laughed again to herself. "You don't have to be so damn formal, saiyan. I don't like being treated like a princess away from home. I don't tolerate it." the smug look on Vegeta's face wiped away, and appeared on Hotaru's face.

Vegeta flew back to the house, and Hotaru followed. She flew sitting sideways on her glaive, because she found it more fun. But she could fly normally if she chose to. Vegeta thought nothing of it, but automatically assumed he'd have to teach her how to fly. He made a mental note of it, and Hotaru, again, laughed to herself.
// Maybe this will be much easier than I thought it would be at first. I mean, if he underestimates me this much already..... // then an idea dawned on Hotaru. // I could learn all of his tactics, and teach them to the sailor senshi, and they would finally have other less boring attacks! And..... if he underestimates me, I can have him teach me the basics! Well.... better get planning...... // Hotaru watched as a large mansion came into view.

Then, something happened that Hotaru hadn't been accounting for. "Before we begin your training, you'll take the first month with Trunks becoming familiar with the area, getting to know the people who will be helping, or you will see around, and you will go to school with Trunks when it begins. I suppose your in the same grade. Oh well, because that's what you'll register as anyway." Vegeta said gruffly.

Staring in shock, Hotaru could only nod as he lead her into the house, where nobody but Trunks was home, and showed her to her quarters. // I don't want to go to school... I came here to train!!! Wait, what if he says I can't train if I don't attend school?! Great.... // Hotaru thought.

Vegeta grinned. "I take it you don't want to go to school?" he asked.

"Not really." Hotaru replied grimly.

"You can't train if you don't go to school." Vegeta said, his grin widening.

Hotaru grimaced. // I knew that was going to come.... Now, if only I could just... get some.... sleep... // Hotaru yawned.

Vegeta gruffly turned, to see Trunks staring into the room. "I'll let you adjust to your surroundings, which you may change to your likings.... And Trunks and I will be downstairs if you need anything. We'll see you when you get hungry." Vegeta said gruffly. He joined Trunks at the door, who locked eyes with Hotaru, before leaving the doorway with his father.

Hotaru frowned. // How am I supposed to sleep in this..... light.... room.... I'll have to redecorate it. // she thought. Concentrating, Hotaru focused on the power inside her. Flaring up, she felt it almost explode inside herself. She let it flow into the room, a deep purple, almost black, that filled the whole room. When it vanished, the room was different. At any rate, you wouldn't have recognized it as the room it was before.

The walls that were once white, were now black. The ceiling had been white, too, but now took on a starry appearance. The bed, which had been bare, now had a deep purple comforter and sheet set. The comforter had a silver 8 point star embroidered onto it. The curtains around the four-poster were also a deep purple that matched. There were little candle/lamps all over the place to give the room a dimly lit appearance, but you could see well. Satisfied, Hotaru waved her hand, and the already dim light died down to almost pitch black. The curtains on the huge bay window that lead to the balcony connecting to her room were a thick material, that was the same deep purple as her comforter. Hotaru slid silently into her bed, and slept soundly.

Around 5:30, Hotaru woke up, realizing that she was hungry. She sat up in bed, and waved her hand, as she watched the curtain open. She then sensed the power behind her door. "You may enter." she said, aloud, seemingly to nobody. Her door knob turned, and the door swung silently open, revealing Trunks. "Would you like dinner?" he asked, rather politely.

Hotaru smirked. "Sure, I would. If you could give me a minute?" she asked. Trunks nodded gruffly, and Hotaru concentrated on the power inside her once again. Flaring it up, Trunks took a fighting pose, ready to fight her. But she merely changed into normal clothing, and breezed past him. Confused, he followed her downstairs to the banquet room.

"Nice to see that you've joined us for dinner. I'd like to introduce you to my wife, Bulma." Vegeta said.

Hotaru bowed politely, and said, "Ohayo, Bulma-san. Watashi wa Tomoe Hotaru deso." Bulma smiled.

"Daijoubou ka? Watashi wa Briefs Bluma, as you know. Nice to meet you. " Bulma replied.

"Likewise. I'm fine, domo arigatou. And you?" Hotaru politely made conversation, although right now, she had no desire.

"I'm alright. How do you find thinks here at Capsule Corp.?" Bulma surveyed her guest. Dressed in all black, Hotaru was a sight to see. Her black shirt, black skirt, and black 'spandex' pants gave her face a shadowed look.

"It's very nice. I'm glad I can stay here." Hotaru looked towards Vegeta, and thought, // Can we talk later? I am hungry and I have a desire to question Trunks... Please? // Hoping he heard this, Hotaru made her way to sit next to him when he spoke.

"You sit next to Trunks, at the other end of the table, Hotaru. Let dinner begin please." Vegeta stated. The table that seated four, was relatively big, and Hotaru soon saw why. The amount of food that was brought out was enough to appall anyone. As she watched Bulma take her food, and saw how little she took, she wondered why there was so much. Then she saw Vegeta and Trunks get food. Hotaru got what little she needed, and ate quickly.

She got up, bowed, and asked, "Could I please be excused to my room?" Bulma nodded, as she began finishing up, also. Hotaru left the room, and went directly to hers.

"So how do you find our new guest, Bulma?" Vegeta asked. He eagerly awaited his wife's opinion.

"She's very mysterious, but she has good table manners, as well as regular manners, and is very polite. Trunks could learn a lot from her." Bulma replied smiling. The look on Trunks' face was nothing short of horror.

"She's the princess of Saturn, as well as the Senshi known as the Bringer of Death and Destruction. Sailor Saturn. Very nice, eh?" Vegeta said. Bulma stopped short eating her food.

"You brought a murderer into our home?!" she exclaimed. In her room, Hotaru laughed silently.

// Hah! Me? A murderer? Not likely.... // she thought.

"No, Bulma, she fights for good. But she is too powerful to fight regularly, and is only used in dire situations, such as wars, but commonly aids the senshi in her dimension. She wanted to train somewhere where she could learn common attacks to help out more than she already does." Vegeta explained.

"Well, whatever, so long as she doesn't pull a fast one on us." Bulma said, still horrified at Vegeta's words. She finished her dinner, and left the table, as well as the conversation. "Trunks, Hotaru wanted to ask you some questions. When you finish your dinner, you would do well to go and answer them." Vegeta said to his son, warning him.

"Y-yes father." Trunks replied. He didn't like his father's tone of voice. It almost sounded dangerous. Trunks took his time in finishing his dinner, trying to delay what he knew was pointless in delaying. Otherwise known as: 'delaying the inevitable.' The sooner he got it over with, the better off he'd be. When he got up to her room, he didn't see her. He found her out on the balcony, staring up at the stars that were starting to form. She seemed to be deep in thought, and the door had been opened, so she had definitely not heard him open it. However, as soon as he stepped towards the door, very silently, as he was on black carpet, her head turned sharply.

"Oh, good, I'm glad you're here. I have a couple of questions for you...." Hotaru said, but her voice was far off. She actually felt like a normal teenager thinking about what she wanted to ask.

"Oh? Well, go ahead, I don't mind." Trunks said. // I hope she's not asking me anything I don't know the answer to.... // he thought.

"Er.... What's normal school like?" she asked, her tone of voice kind of awkward, and she sounded so unsure. Trunks looked at her for a moment, and then he thought about what to say. He seemed to know what he was going to say rather quickly.

"Well, for your first time, it will be awesome, until your first homework assignment, then there are midterms and finals... The person who thought those up should be shot and killed, possibly maimed first." Trunks grinned, and Hotaru found it fit to grin back. "Just wait until you get to see who your teachers are... Some of them are totally bogus teachers...." Trunks' grin sorta widened, as did Hotaru's. She felt... in place for once.

"Is there anything else that I should know?" Hotaru asked. But before he replied, Hotaru thought her thoughts out... // Why do I feel so comfortable. I barely know this saiyan, yet I'm at ease. He could attack me at any time... Yet, something tells me that he won't... // Hotaru then intensified her look at him, and he smiled.

"Nah, nothing more really." he said coolly. His calm smile helped him to feel more at ease than he knew he was inside. // Why does she keep me here? And why is my guard dropping? It only drops when I smile, or when I'm near her. And right now, I'm doing a genuine in both! Oh, my lord, what am I doing now.... //

"Ok, well, you seem to want to be elsewhere, so I'll let you leave now. Thanks for your time." Hotaru smiled, and walked back into the room. She laid down on the bed, and her thoughts started off at warp speed.

Outside, Trunks was baffled. // How could she sense that? How could she have possibly known that I wanted to be in my room, doing what I do every night? That is so... bizarre! I don't even know what came over me. When it appeared as though she thought she was wasting my time... I don't know, she looked different. Upset. Oh, well, I'll go now.... // Trunks then got up, and walked off of the balcony, nodded at Hotaru, and left the room. Hotaru watched him leave with bated breath.

// Oh, god. Why did I just feel so... emotional when I thought that I was wasting his time? Who cares about his time... This is my time, to learn. Vegeta even said so! // Hotaru stopped her thoughts briefly to nod at Trunks, who was leaving, and then when back to thinking, and magicking her nails different colors. She liked the deep purple, but kept experimenting, as she thought some more. // I don't think it unusual for me to not care about anyone. What I find unusual, is that I care that I may have been wasting his 'precious' time. I'm not supposed to care! So why did it feel like I did? // Hotaru finished her thoughts. She accidentally magicked her nails to be black, purple, red, blue, and green at the same time, and she frowned. Magic is controlled by emotion. Focused, or mixed. She was obviously mixed at the moment.

Trunks was up in his room, making a calendar.... // Day one... // he thought, and he scratched it off. There were only 30 more to go now. He frowned... // Why do I have to be stuck with an emotionless, careless.... girl... if I can call her that.... What did I do to deserve this one?! // Trunks just sat down on his bed, and thought about this for a long time.