Saint Seiya Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Stallion ❯ The Awakening of the Winged Horse ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Second Stallion

By Raziel

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot, (and I'm not sure whether that's totally original either). Ranma 1/2 is owned by Rumiko Takahashi. Saint Seiya is owned by Masami Kurumada.

" " denotes speech

' ' denotes thoughts

Prologue: The Awakening of the Winged Horse

*********************

Many things can be said about martial arts. They are an effective tool for tempering the spirit, strengthening the mind and enforcing the discipline needed to unlock an individual's maximum potential. Much of the process depends on the teacher or, as the japanese call them, sensei. Some of them, each grandmasters of their own unique art, could bend the laws of reality to their will and perform feats that defied human comprehension. Others...

"Come on boy, get in there. No son of mine is going to be afraid of a few cats."

Others were not even worthy to be considered martial artists. This particular sensei fit the profile quite nicely. A powerful warrior by his own account, Genma Saotome was not known particularly due to his reasoning skills. Master of one of the only two existing branches of the Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu, deemed by many as the most versatile fighting style in existence, Genma was a ruthless trainer. Especially with his six year old son, Ranma. He had already been all over Japan, familiarizing the young boy with the most brutal training exercises and exposing him to life-threatening techniques. However, none of these compared to the ordeal Ranma was facing at this time.

"Don't put me back in the pit pops! Don't do it! Please! I don't wanna go back in there!"

Ranma was no coward. He was, in fact, a daredevil. He jumped at the chance of a new technique at every chance he got and never backed down from a challenge. That all changed after the initial exposure to the cat fist. The encounter had shattered his former level of confidence and introduced a new element into his life. One he had not felt ever before. Fear.

With a mighty yank, the lid to the hole was opened once again, and the fat martial artist peeked inside. An overpowering scent of urine and feces escaped the small chasm as the odor of the accumulated waste escaped from within. "Ranma, quit your whining and act like a man. Now, in you go." With those words, the bald man threw his son into the pit and dropped the reinforced steel plate back where it was, effectively reducing any chance of ecaping to nil.

Ranma's head was spinning wildly. The combination of the disgusting smells from within, coupled with that of the fish sausages that were firmly attached to his gi caused a feeling of disorientation in the mind of the frightened young boy. Even in the pitch black darkness he could feel the small felines crawling nearer and nearer. Craving the food all over the pigtailed trainee.

Once again, the fear began to take a hold over his senses, overflowing each and every one of them until all he could do was sit wrapped around himself tightly. He could just feel his sanity begin to slip away as control was slowly stripped from him. All of a sudden, a strange calm invaded him as he found himself thinking back towards a couple of weeks ago, in an old temple near the outskirts of Hokkaido.

The old monk who ran the place had taught Ranma a wide array of meditative and relaxation exercises which helped to increase his control over the destructive forces he had just began to wield. He had a different philosophy than all of the other senseis he had been to. In fact, it was the only temple Ranma had ever seen that was based on Greek mythology and the study of the heavenly bodies. The monk did not try to force the boy to understand the flows of energy of the earth, or attract his interest with flashy uses of what others called ki or chi.

"Ranma, deep within you lies the power of heroes from long ago. The same power that enabled fighters to destroy opposing armies with but a thought, and incinerate the heavens with a bare flicker of their hands. It is the energy of the microcosmos you hold inside. It is this power which allows you to communicate with your guardian constellation. The power of Cosmos." With those words, the priest pointed to a small cluster of stars in the skies above. Ranma had been drawn to that figure his entire life for some reason. Whenever he would get into a tight spot he would focus on those same thirteen stars and obtain the power needed to overcome any obstacle.

Now it all came back to him. He would not surrender to this madness. He would overcome it with his power. He could feel the old master talking to him once again. "Concentrate Ranma. If you focus your energy and make your Cosmos burn you can accomplish anything!"

'He's right, I can do this... Help me again, please.' A very faint blue glow appeared around the young boy as the cats just threw themselves at him all at once, eager to satisfy their hunger. Time seemed to slow down as the martial artist completed a complex set of hand motions. Finally stopping, he let loose all of his power in one mighty attack.

"PEGASUS RYUSEIKEN!!!"

The five peaks of Rozan, in China:

The former Gold Saint, Dokho of Libra, sat in deep meditation. Still the unwilling slave of the Mesotameros technique, which forces the recipient to remain static through day and night, sitting through the most suffocating blazes and the most freezing rains, guarding the seal of the one hundred and eight Hades' Spectres. Suddenly, his eyes opened as he felt a power he had not felt in over a year and a half, more precisely, since he sent his astral form into Japan, in hopes of finding the Bronze Saint who would wear the Dragon Mantle. 'Ranma... It seems your power has finally been unleashed.'

"Roshi?" a small voice asked.

"Yes Shunrei, what is the matter?" replied the two hundred and forty seven year old master.

"What was that?" inquired again the little girl of about five.

"That Shunrei... was the awakening of a new Saint."

Neko-ken training area, outskirts of Tokyo, Japan:

With a tremendous explosion, that awoke Genma from the nap he took while waiting for his son to learn the "ultimate technique", the pit's lid was sent flying away and a column of light blue luminescence shot out from inside it. The explosion alerted two nearby police officers and Genma, who was painfully aware of his less-than-optimal standing with the law, quickly escaped the lot, as he reassured himself that he could just steal back his son from wherever they would place him, he had done so before.

Hiro Tanaka had seen some pretty wild things while doing police work, he had once dealt with an escaped bear from the zoo and had even been forced to contain a possible riot with only five other agents. he believed that nothing would shock him. Imagine his surprise when he found a half-buried boy beneath hurt cats and fallen dirt. The boy appeared to be alright, but he wasn't about to take any chances.

"Jinnai, quick! Call for an ambulance while I try to get him out of here." he told his partner, as he attempted to dig out the kid from the debris.

Twenty three minutes later, Ranma was resting peacefully in a hospital bed. All of his vitals were being monitored and he was at no risk. The doctors believed he was mostly exhausted, both physically and mentally.

While Ranma rested, a six year old girl approached his bed. She curiously looked him over before studying the equipment that surrounded the young boy. One of the nurses approached the violet-haired child and quickly tried to force her out.

"What are you doing? Can't you see he needs rest? Now leave before I call security." she alerted the young girl.

A kind, but commanding voice cut her off, "That won't be necessary miss. I can take over from here."

The nurse was about to reply when she got a good look at the speaker, after which she immediately stopped short. "Mr. Kido... I'm sorry, I had no idea..."

"It's of no consequence, don't worry about Saori, I'll watch her. Now could you please leave me alone with the patient. This is a matter of supreme importance." responded Mitsumasa Kido, head of the Kido foundation and current possesor of the Sagittarius Gold Mantle.

The nurse muttered a quick apology and left in a haste, grateful that she hadn't found Mr. Kido in a bad mood. After she was gone the old man was left silently contemplating the young boy that lay before him. According to the authorities, the boy had no one to claim him, so he was deemed an orphan and as such, was qualified to join the foundation's group of "special youths". Children who were to be trained to become some of the most powerful warriors the world will ever see. The Bronze Saints, who will compete in a tournament for the Gold Mantle. There was only one problem. The Pegasus candidate had already been found and there was no way for both children to be assigned to the same Mantle. "So tell me, Ranma, what am I going to do with you?"

******************

Author's Notes:

I believe this is the first pure Saint Seiya/Ranma fic out there (of course I could be very wrong). I just couldn't get this out of my head after watching and reading all of the Hades saga of Saint Seiya. Well, that coupled with the fact there re-transmitting the series here. I don't know whether I'll continue this one or not, but expect a couple of more chapters at least. I'll try to come up with a plot before even thinking of dumping this one. This fic will NOT have any of the NWC, at least not for now. Why? Well, simply because I don't want the, to be here. This fic will be far more focused on Saint Seiya than Ranma.

To all my AGDM readers, I apologize. Life has been hard on me lately. My grandfather passed away recently and I've got finals now. However, the next chapter is more than halfway done and should be up soon, well... sooner than this anyway. I'm gonna need some pre-readers that are ready to contribute with constructive criticism for both of my fics. No more than five (and I've already saved a spot for someone who's been asking for it since day one). Don't expect any updates for the next two weeks though, I'm going on holydays to the Brazilian beaches with forty one of my best friends, man, will that be wild.

Anyway, comments and flames, hell, anything is welcomed, e-mail me at ironneko@hotmail.com

Ja ne...text