Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ A Small Sacrifice ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All characters created by Masami Kurumada have been borrowed for use in this original work of fan fiction.
 
A Small Sacrifice
 
Time and memory were meaningless as eternal oblivion expanded around him, beckoning, yet he remained trapped in the Temple of Libra…his heart fluttering weakly, a wounded bird in his chest. Hyoga's consciousness ascended above his frigid, dormant body, unaware that three of his brethren had entered the House of Libra, or that Shiryu had released him from his icy entombment with the golden sword of the Libra Cloth. He couldn't know that while Seiya and Shiryu forged onward, one Bronze Saint remained behind to attempt the impossible. As he strained to comprehend the circumstances of his existence, a sudden familiar presence buffeted Hyoga's awareness. Though his senses no longer responded to the commands of the physical realm, an unmistakable warmness passed through him, as gently as the beat of a butterfly's wing.
 
Shun…
 
The Andromeda Saint shivered with revulsion as he stared down at Hyoga's cold, lifeless form. A translucent azure hue saturated the Cygnus Saint's body, reinforcing his corpselike appearance. As Shun nervously dropped to his knees beside the Russian boy, calm determination immediately took hold of him.
 
He closed his eyes and leaned forward, his body achingly close to Hyoga's. A half-hidden memory of a childhood fairytale seeped into his thoughts, and he was overwhelmed by a sudden urge to press his lips against the Cygnus Saint's cold, unresponsive mouth. But Hyoga was not sleeping, and it would take a great deal more than a simple kiss to revive the beautiful boy from his living death. Shun lingered above Hyoga as his aura flowed around them, enveloping their bodies in an incandescent pink cocoon. A thin sheen of condensation formed over Hyoga's skin as the thermal emanation radiated through him, signaling to Shun that his icy flesh had begun to thaw, but it wasn't enough. Shun knew what he had to do, and for Cygnus Saint's resurrection, the sacrifice would be a small price to pay.
 
“Nii-san…,” the young Saint silently pleaded. “Give me courage…help me find the strength to heal Hyoga.”
 
Shun stretched the length of his body against the Cygnus Saint, gently placing his hands on Hyoga's chest, allowing his life force to flow out through his fingertips. Like the distant sound of approaching thunder, Shun's heartbeat slowly melded with Hyoga's, forcing the Russian boy's dormant organ to pulse, stronger and stronger, until their hearts beat as one. Still comatose, Hyoga's body continued to feed upon Shun's Cosmo, draining him until the young Andromeda Saint slipped into unconsciousness.
 
Hyoga suddenly gasped, painfully dragging air into his lungs like a newborn child taking its first breath. Though disoriented, he felt warm and secure, as if nothing in the universe could harm him. His vision slowly cleared, and through heavy eyelids was greeted by the distressing sight of Shun's small, still frame draped over him protectively, his pink aura beginning to falter. Hyoga strained to shake the boy loose, to break his hold, finally pushing him away. Shun rolled onto the temple floor, motionless. Hyoga's entire being ached as he struggled to gather the unconscious boy in his arms, brushing his trembling lips against Shun's pale forehead. The Gold Saint Aquarius Camus had doomed Hyoga to a fate more cruel than death, but Shun's unwavering love and sacrifice had given the Cygnus Saint new life, forever binding them together.