Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Andromeda's Secret ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: If you think I own Saint Seiya… pay me a $10 stupidity cost.
 
 
 
ANDROMEDA'S SECRET
By
Shadowdragon85
 
“Talking”
`Thoughts'
 
Chapter 1
 
A lone figure stands on a balcony at the witching hour. Dark, wavy hair falls to its waist as the figure turns into the moonlight. It is a young woman. She lifts her face to the heavens in a silent prayer. “Shun.” The young woman turns to the doors behind her. A man steps out of the shadows. She smiles at him. Stepping forward, she places a kiss on his cheek.
“Go back to bed nii-chan. I'll come in shortly.” Seeing the look on his face, Shun lets out an exasperated sigh. “Soon Ikki. I promise I will tell them soon.” The man wraps his arms around her waist. She, in turn, lays her head on his shoulder, wrapping her arms around him.
“I'll be glad when the truth is out nee-san.” Ikki tips Shun's chin up and looks her in the eye. “I know it bothers you to have to hid your true self from everyone, Shun. You don't have to act brave for me little one.”
Shun gives her brother a tight squeeze. “That's why I never pretend when no one is around.” They stand in silence enjoying each other's company before Shun remembers what she wanted to tell him. Looking up at Ikki she gives him a joyful smile. “You were wrong about Saori, Ikki. She wasn't the least surprised when I told her.”
Ikki started. “You told her!” He exclaimed causing Shun to laugh at his predictable response.
“I think she had guessed already and telling her only verified it for her.” Shun told him. “ Oh guess what! Saori said I do not have to worry about the mask rule1. I get to be one of the few exceptions.”
Ikki smiles at Shun. “That is good to hear. You wouldn't look right with a mask on sis, and anywise, it would be a shame to hide your beauty.” Shun blushes. In the background chimes signal the new hour. Shun steps out of her brother's arms and walks to the balcony rail with her face turned toward the moon.
After saying a final prayer, she turns back around. “Come brother. The witching hour is done and a new day is dawning.” They walk back through the double doors and into the house.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Sunlight streams through the open balcony doors, gliding over the wooden floor to land on the bed. It plays across the angelic features of a sleeping girl. Her grass green hair was spread out over the pillow, framing her face. Combined with the girl's sun dusted skin, it created an appearance of ethereal beauty. As the birds lifted their voices in musical harmony she opened her eyes revealing emerald orbs full of innocence, peace, and happiness. Sitting up she stretched and then grabbed her robe. Slipping it on she rose and went out on to the balcony. Closing her eyes she turned her face toward the sun, letting its rays chase away the lingering remains of sleep that tried to drag her back into its depths. She let a smile grace her lips as she sensed the presence of some of her companions on the ground below.
“Morning Sleeping Beauty!” Laughter rose up from below. The girl shook her head in mild amusement.
`If only he knew how true his words actually are.' Good morning Milo, Everyone.” She replied. “I'll be down in a few minutes.”
“Take as long as you like, sweet angel.” Laughter broke out worse than before from those below. “We have not a thing to do this day but gaze upon thy beauty.” At this the girl let her humor get the best of her.
“Alabarde… <giggle>… you do know Ikki… <snicker>… will kill you for that statement.”
“I know but it was worth hearing you laugh Shun.” Alabarde replied. “We were worried. You've been so serious lately you rarely smile anymore.”
“Sorry… <giggle>…” Shun turned away from the balcony's edge and headed back in her room. “See you guys at breakfast,” She tossed over her shoulder before pulling the curtains close. 15 minutes later she was sitting at her dresser wearing a short sleeve green top and faded blue jeens running a brush through her hair. Setting the brush downshe took a deep breath to steady her nerves. `I will be so glad when I no longer have to do this.' She though picking up her snowflake amulet. Unbeknown to her a man sood on the balcony out side her room that she shared with one of the rooms next to her's. Closing her eyes Shun recited the incantaion taught to her as a trainee on Andromeda Island.
“Ancient Mother of the Earth, I ask thy help. Hide my true from and let all see only a man. Shield me from those who might see beyond the façade and keep them from from the truth.” Opening her eyes she looked at her reflextion with a critical eye. Gone was the girl with an angel's face and in her place was a boy with efeminate features. The eyes and hair with the same but that was normal. Placing the amulet around her neck, Shun closed the clasp and stood up. She left the room closing the door behind her and headed down to breakfast.
Outside on the balcony a man shook his head in confusion. `What are you hiding Shun? What is so secret that you would resort to using Gaea's Illusion incantation?'
“Shaka!” Shaka looked up to see Mu standing in front of the doors leading to his room. He walked over to Shaka. “What are you doing outside Shun's room, my friend?”
Shaka studied his friend concidering wether or not to tell him. Coming to a decision he asked an odd question in Mu's oppinion. “Mu what do you know of Gaea's Illusion incantaion2?”
“Well the incantation is said to inable women to have the appearance of an efeminate man for a period of time. The user must have an item on which she casts the incantation for it to work and needs to have the item with them at all times less the incantation not work.” Mu told him. “Though as of the last 100 years there have been no known users of the incantation. Supposably the last woman to use the incantation was a trainee on Andromeda Island. Why do you ask?”
“I think I just heard Shun use the incantation and I don't know why.” Mu looked at his his fellow Gold Saint in supprise.
“That may be so but he most likely had a very good reason for doing so. Now let's head downstairs to eat before all the food is gone.” With that the two men went back through Shaka's room and headed downstairs.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
1 The Mask Rule: Any female saint is required to wear a mask at all times in the prescense of a male Saint. Athena/Saori does not approve of this rule, believing it to be derrogative to women, and has decided to try her best to get rid of it.
2 Gaea's Illusion Incantation: completely fabricated and no, you cannot use it without asking me first.
 
SD85: I hope you like this story and if you have any comments I would really appreciate your input. Oh yeah… any flames will go to heat Posiden's Temple or torch Ares, whom I personally HATE.