Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Joyful Lament ❯ Joyful Lament ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Joyful Lament
 
It's so cold where I am
I see you
Walking together
I want to join you
The warmth and love you share
Little looks, a tender word
But that's not where I belong
 
The three of you left the ruins of Hontou castle, and went back East, back to lives you no longer recognized. Everything looked the same, but couldn't be more different.
My cold, aloof sun would slip away any moment he could, to head into town. And the red-haired hanyou would visit on rainy days, and there would be two lines of smoke coming drifting from the open window.
 
It's so dark where I am
I see you
Growing together
Holding her little hand
There to guide and protect
The light and comfort
Of a loving home
But that's not where I belong
 
The youkai gradually drifted back, as people began to realize the effects of the minus wave were over. One happens to be an old enemy, but just like during out journey, when she spars with the human-turned-youkai, neither is seeking the other's demise. And he revels in the family he never thought he could have and never thought he deserved.
 
It's so quiet where I am
I see you
Laughing together
The easy camaraderie
And many confidences
There for support
Or a helping hand
Or a night on the town
But that's not where I belong
 
When the priest is busy, and when mother and daughter are out of the house, you sit together, playing cards like the old days. You talk of the past, and it doesn't hurt as much as it used to; you talk of a future you both now have. Sometimes you sit in silence, because nothing needs to be said.
 
I sit alone
In the cold
In the dark
In the quiet
I see you
And I smile