Saiyuki Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This Sucks ❯ Lost Miko ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Saiyuki. They are beyond my ownership.
 
A/N: Thank you for reading my newest story and I hope you enjoy. It'll be slow as this is a passing whim of mine and I work on it when I come up with something or need a break from my other projects and I do have a lot of other projects. There will be sometimes where there'll be a lot of updates and then there will be nothing. Please be patient.
 
This sucks
ForestSprite
Chapter 1
 
“This positively sucks,” the time traveling miko grumbled not for the first time as she plopped gracelessly to the ground, crossing her legs so she was sitting Indian style. She impatiently brushed blood covered bangs from her eyes as her eyes traced around the clearing making sure there was nothing alive and moving among the bloodied, gut and entrails covered clearing. Satisfied there was nothing that was about to pop up and attack her she sighed tiredly and hung her head wary as she had never been before.
 
She honestly didn't know where she was and she definitely had no clue where her friends were as she had been separated from them for almost a week now. “Stupid Inuyasha. Only he would piss off a magician needlessly,” she groaned at her luck. Why did she have to be stuck with someone who jumped first and thought later?
 
After the hanyou foolishly pissed off the magic user, they had been set up against a golem of sorts that when destroyed activated some kind of portal. Kagome, the god's being against her, being closest to the portal had been sucked in, and after she had been spat out who knows where the portal closed behind her.
 
She had of course been frantic afterwards. Had the portal grabbed them all and was spitting them out randomly wherever? Were they still in the Feudal Era? Where the hell was here?
 
“This sucks,” she said again. She had been wandering aimlessly for the last week constantly running into crazed demons. She had yet to run across one that still had its sanity intact. They were all blood lusting, out of their mind, crazed demons, and she meant crazed.
 
After her almost fifth run in with demons that just tried to kill her without even giving the usual death speech she had become suspicious and used her miko abilities in a way she had heard Kaede talk about once, to examine them. What she had found surprised her. In all of them she had found an imbalance in their youki surrounded by some foreign energy that she still wasn't able to quite make out but figured just wasn't supposed to be there.
 
The first sane person she came across she'd have to get some information from. `Why did the portal dump her in a forest?' she wailed mentally. The least it could have done was drop her somewhere near civilization. She was beginning to wonder if any civilized places existed seeing as how she'd been wandering for almost a week now without seeing hide nor hair of a village.
 
“This sucks,” she said again. She glanced half heartedly at her clothes. They were worn, thin looking rags that barely covered her now and were died red from blood. First chance she had was going towards new clothes and a hot shower. A bath even. She wasn't sure how she looked but she was sure the first mirror she'd glance into would shatter out of fright. Her hands clenched into fists out of annoyance before she sighed.
 
Glancing past the canopy of leaves that hung over her she noted the suns position and decided that she'd better get moving if she wanted to make any progress before nightfall. Her stomach grumbled in protest as she stood up and began heading in a western direction. Hell, the forest had to end sometime, right?
 
Hopefully.
 
End chapter