Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ A New Comer ❯ A new girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Sanzo party was on the move again. They couldn't get any rest. Every time they would take a rest a damn demon would come along. They were exhausted.
As tired as Hakkai was, he kept the wheel steady going through the foggy forest. He picked up speed a tad bit more. The others were sleeping in the jeep completely unaware to the rest of the world. He started to pick up more speed. He wanted put of the forest. He wanted to sleep.
Suddenly, a girl flew backwards out of the sidelines of the forest. Hakkai jerked the wheel waking the others up. The girl looked into the blinding headlights and tried to get out of the way, but it was to late. The backend of the jeep swung around. It had slowed down a bit but it still send the girl rolling down the dirt and gravel road.
The jeep came to a stop. Everyone was silent and breathing hard in shock. Gojyo looked in the rearview mirror at Hakkai, “ What the hell happened?!” he yelled.
“ I think I hit that girl.” Hakkai said in a concerned voice. He opened the jeep door and ran over to the girl.
The young girl was out cold and had a deep gash in her arm and bruises everywhere. She wasn't breathing normally.
“ Oh dear.” Hakkai said. “ Hey guys, we need to take her to a town and fast.” he said.
Gojyo and Sanzo came over to where Hakkai was to take a good look at the girl. Gojyo gently picked her up bridal style and carried her back to the jeep. He set her carefully down next to Goku.
“ Do you think it's a good idea to take her with us?” Goku asked Sanzo.
“ I don't sense any evil in this girl.” the monk answered.
Hakkai drove fast to the next town. They found an Inn and got a room. Gojyo set the girl down gently being careful not to hurt her anymore.
The next morning the girls eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked around the room and saw Hakkai sitting in a chair next to the bed.
“ So, you're finally awake. I'm glad you're okay.” he said with his usual smile.
“ Where am I and who are you?” the girl asked.
“ Oh, I'm sorry. How rude of me. My name's Hakkai. I accidentally hit you with my jeep. I took you in to help you. I tried to close your wound as best as I could, but I still had to wrap your arm up.” he said with a smile. (as usual)
“ Oh, well, my name's Keiko. Thanks for helping me.” she said with a smile.
The young woman had brown hair that went down to her waist line. She had sparkling teal eyes. Her voice was soft and gentle.
“ Is the princess awake yet?” Gojyo asked leaning against the door frame.
“ Hey! Who are you calling a princess?” Keiko yelled.
“ Well well, don't we have an attitude.” Gojyo teased.
“ I will kill you when I get the chance.” Keiko said giving the water sprite a death glare.
“ Is that a threat?” Gojyo snapped.
“ Alright that's it!” Keiko tried to sit up but gasped and fell back. She was in to much pain.
“ Ha, you can't even move.” Gojyo walked away after the last remark.
Keiko cursed under her breath when he left. Hakkai looked at her and smiled, “ Don't worry about him.”
“ He'll have to worry about me.” Keiko said. Hakkai had to smile at this.
“ I have to ask you this. Why were you all alone in the forest that late at night anyways?” Hakkai asked.
Keiko looked away and sighed, “ I was fighting another one of my parents assassins.”
“ One of your parents assassins? “
“ Well, I'm a demon. But I choose to keep my power limiter on. They started to reject me. They got me so mad that I killed some of my family members and then took off. Ever since, they've been putting hits on me. They want my blood. All of my family does.” Keiko answered looking down. She looked up at Hakkai. There was silence between the two.
Then, Sanzo came into the room, “ How are you feeling?” the monk asked without a hello first.
“ Do you even care?” Keiko said with a straight face.
“ Not really.” with those last words, he was gone.
“ Well, I have to go find the others. You stay here and rest.” Hakkai said. He walked out of the room shutting the door behind him.
Hakkai went to find Sanzo and the others. He found them in the restaurant that was connected to the Inn. He walked over to them and grabbed a chair.
“ How's the girl?” Goku asked shoving his face with another bite of pancakes.
“ She's fine, but….” Hakkai trailed off thinking about what Keiko had said.
“ But what?' Gojyo asked Hakkai.
“ I think that she should join our pack.” Hakkai said with a smile.
“ What?” Sanzo asked looking up from his paper.
“ You're kidding, right.” Gojyo said.
“ She's not coming with us.” Sanzo said.
“ I think it would be a good idea.” Hakkai said.
“ Actually, if you think about it, we could kill more demons if she joined us.” Goku added backing up Hakkai.
“ You stupid monkey. How do you know if she can even fight?” Gojyo said hitting Goku upside the head.
“ I'm not a monkey!!” Goku yelled.
“ If I tell you why she should come, would you let her?” Hakkai said to Sanzo.
The monk looked at Hakkai, “ You've got five minutes.” he said.
“ She's a demon and she fights against them. She got rejected from her family and even killed some of her own family to be free. She's been on the run and battling her parents assassins ever since. She has to be a good fighter and she needs help.” Hakkai explained.
“ Fine. She can join our group.” Sanzo said. “ Now can I please just read.” he looked back at the paper without caring about the protest.
“ Okay. Well, we go to hit the road again. I'm going to go tell her.”
Hakkai went back to the room and knocked on the door.
“ Come in.” he heard a voice say.
Hakkai opened the door and saw Keiko working her arm a little.
“ Hey, I've got something to tell you. Me and the others have decided to let you come along with us and be a member of our group.” Hakkai said smiling at Keiko.
“ Really?”
“ Yeah. You have to start getting ready though. We are going soon.”
“ Okay.”
Hakkai shut the door behind him. Keiko got up and reached for her backpack. She unzipped it and pulled out an out fit. She pulled on a pair of Capri pants. They were a darker color of jean material. She pulled on a black tank top that ties going up the middle of it and it ended right before the top of her pants showing off a little of her perfect form. She tied her long hair back into a ponytail. She pulled on a pair of white tennis shoes that had a heart shaped emblem. She grabbed her backpack and put it on. She walked out of the room and shut the door behind her.
She looked up and saw the four guys standing there. Gojyo looked her up and down. Keiko noticed this and couldn't help but grinning.
“ Are you ready to go?” Hakkai asked.
“ Yeah.” Keiko said.
Hakaru turned into the jeep and they all got in. Hakkai started the jeep up and they took off. There was complete silence.
“ Thanks for letting me join you guys. That was really nice.” Keiko said.
“ No problem.” Sanzo answered.
There was an uncomfortable silence in the jeep. Keiko looked at Goku. She never really talked to him and didn't really get introduced. She unzipped her backpack and pulled out a deck of cards.
“ Hey, would you like to play a card game?” Keiko asked nudging Goku.
He focused his attention to Keiko. He looked at the deck of cards, “ Sure.” he said.
“ What would you like to play? You can pick a game.” Keiko said sweetly.
“ Would you wanna play Go Fish?” Goku asked.