Samurai Champloo Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing You Again ❯ Home ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mugen watched Fuu as she put some water to boil for tea. Nothing had really changed about her, she was still pale with large brown eyes and a child like face. Mugen’s face split into a grin as he also took notice at the fact that Fuu’s cup size had stayed the same as well. Her hair had grown longer though, the auburn locks now reached her waist. Mugen watched the silky strands swish and bounce as Fuu moved around the cramp kitchen going from pot to pot of steaming food. They had stopped by the market on the way home and picked up vegetables, rice, and a shit load of fishes. The moment they arrived at Fuu’s house she had put him to work gutting fish and chopping up fire wood. So right now Mugen just sat in Fuu’s sad excuse for a living room relaxing. Fuu came out of the kitchen balancing a tray of grilled fishes and rice. She set them down on the small table then went back to the kitchen to fetch the large pot of tea. Mugen watched her as she served him a cup. He took it and drank a bit trying to place what it was exactly that he was feeling. It a strange feeling of …of…completion. Partially anyway, he would never admit it but ever since they had parted on that fateful day two years back he had felt like there were two giant holes in his life. It wasn’t so difficult getting by without them and he could easily forget with geishas and sake, for a while anyway. It was those few times that he forgot that they were gone that he couldn’t stand.
He would go to sleep at night and when he woke up he would expect to find Fuu in front of the fire making breakfast and fish face off to the side polishing his swords. But there wouldn’t be anything there only a solitary flame.
“Mugen?” a concerned Fuu said interrupting his thoughts. Gray eyes met hazel ones.
“What ya want?”
“Nothing it’s just you’re really quiet. Are you sick or -” Fuu eyes widened
“You’re wounds! How could I have been so stupid? Hold on I’ll get some salve for them.” Saying so she ran out the room. Mugen stared after her for a bit before focusing his attention back on the plate of steaming food in front of him.
Fuu went to her small room and began looking through her tiny wardrobe, her eyes lighting up when they found what they were looking for. She grabbed a handful off bandages and ran back to the living room.
Mugen glanced up when he heard Fuu enter the room again. She was walking full speed ahead towards him, her hair flowing gracefully behind her like a silk blanket. She kneeled in front of him and began tugging at his shirt
“You stupid bitch! Wait until I’m done eating!” Fuu’s eyes practically turned red.
“ Your wounds are more important than filling your gut moron!”
“Is not!”
“Is to!”
“Is not!”
“Is to!”
I continued this way until Fuu finally just jumped on him and pinned him to the floor. After a couple more attempted escapes Mugen finally just gave up and let her do as wished. Stupid brat he thought to himself as he lay there trying to ignore the soft gentle fingers that tended to his wounds. Mugen closed his eyes. The brat could be annoying at times but this was one thing that she was very good at. Stupid brat I missed you and with that final thought he drifted off into probably the best sleep he‘d had since they broke up.