Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tricks of the Trade ❯ Chapter Two - Because No One Really Expected Kyo to Not Take Some Kind of Revenge, Did They? ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Tricks of the Trade
By Hitomi Brighteyes
Part 2 of 3, Strong Lime
Summary: As a bounty huntress, Yuya knows how to use her assets to get what she wants. And after a mishap has Kyo experiencing her skills first hand, he decides he no longer approves of her profession.
Disclaimer: Samurai Deeper Kyo is the property of Akimine Kamijyo, Kodansha, and other such people

*Warning: Contains flagrant abuse of innuendo, more fun with rope, and Kyo, once again, being himself*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter Two - Because No One Really Expected Kyo to Not Take Some Kind of Revenge, Did They?

‘We’ll have to see, now won’t we?’

Yuya could not believe the gall of that man.

Intentional or not, Yuya had caught Kyo in her trap, and he dare claim that she was ‘playing at bounty hunting’. Of all the derogatory remarks he’d thrown, the insult to her career was what rubbed most abrasively against Yuya’s tolerance. Hand already half way to her gun, her temper took the form of a glare backed by enough volatile ferocity to kill a lesser man. However, just as she was about to spout her usual threats to string the man up by his intestines, the bounty huntress was struck with an idea.

She’d already proven the hitokiri was not infallible, and while it may take every trick in the book, if she could pull it off her ‘told you so’ would never taste sweeter.

Picking herself up from the ground to renew their face off, Yuya began the proposition of a very different kind of battle than their routine bickering.

“Fine. I challenge you, then.”

“Challenge?” At the lack of expected violent retribution, the hitokiri stared at her, uncomprehending. Arms crossed over his chest, he sneered condescendingly at her. “What could you possibly-”

Cutting in before he could dismiss the idea on principle, she pointed back down the road in the general direction of civilization. “If I can use my skills at bounty hunting to keep you from getting back to town before sundown, you have to admit that I’m not useless.”

Yes, it was a bold move, a stretch even for Yuya’s boundless confidence, but she was desperate here, damn it! And, she was absolutely, flat out, pissed off at having her hard earned abilities be dismissed time and time again as worthless. She was professional, thank you very much, she was going to prove it.

The fact that proving her point would involve intended bodily harm to the hitokiri was, of course, completely inconsequential.

For a long moment there was no response to her proposal, Kyo stared blankly at the women standing so determinedly before him, a vague twitch slowly contorting his features. Then, something rather unexpected happened. Kyo, Mr. Living Incarnate of Bad Attitude, laughed. Not a smirk, not the malevolent snicker he gave before slicing someone in two, but a full deep throated chuckle of utter, disbelieving amusement.

“Or.” Gritting her teeth to keep herself from doing something rash Yuya used the single, sharply spoken word to regain the hitokiri’s attention. Taking a deep breath, she set the bait and made an offer Kyo couldn’t refuse. “If I can’t, I’ll do anything you want me to for a week. No sass. No complaints. Nothing.”

Instantly the laughter was gone.

“Done.” He answered without hesitation. His lips curled into a smirk, cocky and all too assured of an easy victory. “And I’ll be expecting nothing less than absolute compliance from you.”

“Only if I loose.” Yuya reiterated in an irritated growl before he could start planing out an itinerary.

Despite the attempt at baiting, she wasn't stupid. Yuya knew without a doubt what the result of a frontal assault would be; she simply could not match Kyo’s sheer power. Hell, no one could match that stuck up jerk's swordplay.

But bounty hunting didn’t rely on brute strength, instead forethought, misdirection, preparation, and, and... hold on, was Kyo picking up her rope?

Yuya watched, vaguely confused, as the hitokiri stooped over, gathering up the ropes that made up the majority of her armory. It wasn’t until he slowly and deliberately wrapped the rope into a neatly bundled coil, that the first twinges of apprehension crept along Yuya’s skin.

“Kyo?” Highly doubtful that Kyo putting his hands on her rope was going to bode well, Yuya hesitated before asking. “What are you doing?”

"I should think it’s quite obvious what I’m doing." While his tone was casual, the particular gleam that entered his eyes was anything but. It was a look entirely too predatory for one who was supposed to be the playing the role of the target and, as her nerve endings began to twinge in full-fledged warning, Yuya was left with the distinct impression that Kyo had just rewritten the rules of her challenge.

His smirk grew at a disturbing rate as he advanced on her, his voice lowered tauntingly. "A proper bounty hunter should be prepared to have their tools used against them, wouldn't you say?"

Almost lazily the man tossed the bundle of rope over his shoulder. His hand lingered over the coils for just a moment longer than necessary, making it all too clear that he intended to adhere to the philosophy that turnabout was fair play.

“Now, wait just one minute! That wasn't part of the deal." Yuya hadn't expected Kyo to go easy on her, but she'd hoped for some small amount of equality on the playing field. Without her ropes she would be practically unarmed, and from the particular tilt of Kyo’s smirk, he was aware of that fact as well. Coupled with the knowledge that she'd just set herself up, the bounty huntress's stomach rolled in apprehension as she argued. "You can't just-“

“Can't I? Do tell.” In a manner that spoke of Kyo's thorough enjoyment of having the upper hand over the furious bounty huntress, he leaned in closer to her. Arms akimbo as he blatantly dared her to just try and do something about it.

Of course, with the promise of a week of complete subservience from the woman in question, Kyo would hardly allow the bounty huntress the opportunity to back out. The almost malicious gleam in his eye had gained sheen of eagerness that was much too close to the surface for the bounty huntress’ current level of comfort. But, before Yuya could even think of the words to call the whole challenge off, her proposition or no, his smirk widened to reveal a predatory flash of fang, as he quickly moved to close off her means of escape.

“But, since I’m feeling generous,” his voice dropped to a dangerous purr, “I’ll even be so kind as to give you a head start.” Smugly watching the bounty huntress’ eyes light with anger at the condescension in his voice, Kyo drawled. “You have sixty seconds, little girl, I suggest you use them well."

Yuya stuttered for a futile moment before her tongue came to life with a series of words that a lady wasn’t supposed to know, her voice peaking at an uncomfortably high pitch. Finally her sentiments were summed up in one simple, outraged phrase.

"Generous my ass!" The realization that he’d just distracted her from her previous thoughts of withdrawing her challenge wouldn’t come until later. “You cheating-”

”1 - 2 - 3 -” He cut off her insults counting leisurely. His focus locked intently on the bounty huntress as the mocking undertones of his countdown reinforced the fact that the only thing separating them was a handful of pathetic, little numbers .“4 - 5 -“

While residual shock at the sheer audacity of Kyo’s arrogance left the bounty huntress momentarily frozen, she knew better than to think the hitokiri was bluffing. By the time he’d formed the first syllable of the next count, Yuya had already taken off at a dead run. Various expletives hissed at rapid speed between clenched teeth formed the cadence of her strides.

Now, fully ensnared in their deranged game of hide and seek, Yuya's temper flared refusing to even entertain the idea of defeat. Instead, in the wake of Kyo's taunts, her determination to prove herself had redoubled. The feeling was accompanied by the familiar buzz of adrenalin bought on by the prospect of a bounty hunt. Thus fueling her to run harder and faster.

A glance to the sky told her she had only a couple hours or so before the sun dipped down under the horizon and ended the challenge. She may not be able to escape Kyo’s pursuit, but there was no way in Hell she’d go down without putting up a fight. And maybe, just maybe, she'd finally be able prove that no matter how 'useless' the hitokiri proclaimed her to be she was hardly 'playing at bounty hunting'.

Even if the jerk wasn't man enough to admit he was wrong.

Distance rather than stealth took first priority and, as she made her mad dash down the roadway, Yuya didn't even bother to hide her tracks. Rather, after a quick moment of calculation, she kicked up a particularly large layer of dust to settle in her wake. Simultaneously taking her pistol in hand, she unlatched the barrels and deftly scattered the contents on the ground. Then, after a brief scrambling through her pockets, Yuya had a new round of bullets locked, loaded, and ready to go.

All the while Yuya desperately racked her brain for some kind of plan. Other than her gun and a handful of throwing knives she had no supplies. No supplies and no time. Again she cursed the thieving jackass who was no doubt on her tail.

At least if she at least had something she could use in place of rope she could...

And as the solution presented itself, the faint outline of a strategy taking shape in Yuya's mind, she grit her teeth. She took it a great deal of pride in the fact that she could hogtie a grown man six different ways before you could say 'busted'. But in extreme situations one has to be willing to make certain adjustments. Not allowing herself the chance to hesitate, she launched into a focused flurry of activity, offering a rushed prayer to whichever Gods happened to be watching.

"Damn it, this better work."

As if to herald Yuya’s spring into action, a series of sharp, snapping pops, accompanied by familiar cussing, sounded in the direction from which she had came.

The bounty huntress allowed herself a brief snicker. The gun powder used in her bullets was made all the more combustive with pressure. And, while it didn’t have quite the same explosive effect without the element of fire as when she shot her flintlock, Yuya knew from first hand experience that they stung like Hell when stepped on.

Something which she was sure Kyo had quickly discovered.

However, the bullets had also well served their secondary purpose. The distant pops gave her the forewarning she needed to stay one step ahead on the hitokiri. And, finishing up the last of her quick, little trap with a flourish, Yuya quickly hid herself in preparation to play the waiting game.

Unlike the bounty huntress, Kyo was not amused with the present she’d left him.

Cursing, Kyo swept his foot across the dust covered road in front of him. Then, he swore again. Crimson eyes narrowed dangerously as he uncovered bits of paper and spent ammunition scattered over the ground like makeshift caltrops. The smell of gun powder rose, faint but tangible, in air. The fact that his approach had been announced so unceremoniously was enough to have the hitokiri's temper set on a low boil and he wasted no time in kicking the bullet remains out of his way.

His would undoubtedly enjoy taking retribution out on the wrench.

Slow, torturous retribution.

Now completely focused on tracking the troublesome woman down, Kyo stalked around several more suspicious irregularities left along the road following the path the woman had taken. Other than some half-assed attempts at concealment, she'd left her trail in such a way that was laughably easy to track for someone with his repertoire of skills. He marked out the signs of disturbance with ease: stirred dust, smudged footprints. Hell, a child could probably track the bounty huntress down.

Upon reaching the latest piece of Yuya's handiwork, Kyo paused. His expression shifting to show nothing less than the highest amount of distaste.

Hanging all by its lonesome from one of the many tree boughs that ventured across the thin spance of roadway was Yuya's hair ribbon. Fluttering all too cheerfully in the breeze it twisted back and forth as though waving. The sight stirred something akin to loathing in the hitokiri’s gut as he glared back. Leave it to the woman’s possessions to mock him in her absence

Understandably insulted, Kyo acted on instinct and slashed the branch. Noting with passing distain, the lack of any kind of booby traps attached to the damn thing.

“Did I say useless before?" He pitched his voice so that it would be carried to wherever the bounty huntress had chosen to conceal herself. Scanning the surroundings he gave a soft snort of scorn. "Let me rephrase that - completely useless.”

The casually thrown insult had the desired result as the air around the hitokiri seemed to still in barely suppressed violent intent directed towards his person. Knowing that he'd gotten his opponent's attention, his smirk turned neigh maniacal with the taste of imminent victory.

He was practically gloating now. "Completely, utterly useless."

And, from the corner of his eye, a flicker of movement and a glimpse of the bright colors of Yuya's kimono tucked away behind one of the encroaching trees.

It took the work of seconds for Kyo to cross the space between them. Not bothering to sheath the still naked blade in his hand as he made to catch the bounty huntress at her own game. He swooped around the tree-

Only to find himself faced with the empty outer layer of Yuya's over-kimono pinned to the bark with one of her throwing knives.

Swearing at the decoy, Kyo whirled around.

The crack of Yuya's flintlock sounded. Accompanied by the high pitched clang of bullet against metal as the shot barreled dead on into a second throwing knife lodged on a lower part of the truck, holding what looked suspiciously like the woman's obi taut against the wood. And, just as the hitokiri realized the patterned texture of concealing dirt under his feet, the knife went flying.

Thus loosened from its position, the obi Yuya had sacrificed in place of an actual rope took to life. Rising in one fluid motion, the trap moved to surround and inhibit her intended target.

The bounty huntress, however, had failed to take one very important factor into account.

Faster than the eye could follow, Kyo's muramasa was up and moving before Yuya could think of a proper expiative to describe the nth degree to which she was about to be screwed. The colorful set of impromptu ropes were shredded into little more than scraps with three rapid passes of his blade. Demon red eyes turned to lock purposefully on the woman.

Standing under that intense gaze in her under-kimono, with the only surviving layer of her brilliant obi substitution plan wrapped hastily around her waist, and her hair flowing in a long, unbound wave down her back, Yuya abruptly felt far more exposed than she actually was. And, with the pressing knowledge that she had no more tricks up her sleeves, two words came directly to mind.

Oh. Crap.

The muramasa was resheathed with a decisive clack as Kyo advanced on her. There was a particular air of sadistic pleasure in the hitokiri's expression and it was clear he had every intention of dragging her kicking and screaming back to the inn, and proceeding to amuse himself by having her cater to his each and every whim. The rope that he'd so carefully gathered earlier was out and being twisted in an all too familiar series of loops and knots. The victorious gleam in his eyes turned into something wicked.

"I win." Kyo said with smug conviction, as if the outcome was nothing but an inevitable fact.

"What?!" Despite her disheveled state, Yuya managed a decent glare. Determined to, if nothing else, put enough distance between them to give herself a chance to think of a new plan, she edged away from his pursuit. Gritting her teeth, Yuya retorted defiantly, "I still have at least an hour before sundown. Don't think this is over just because of a minor set back."

"No." A new level of arrogance coated the low declaration, as Kyo continued to stalk the bounty huntress. His voice had a note of finality. "It's over."

In one last show of defiance, Yuya whirled around, but she didn't even have the chance to run before the hitokiri lunged forward. One of his arms wrapping around her from behind to catch her around the waist. Her back was pulled flush against the wall of his chest as he used superior strength to haul her close. Her flailing limbs subdued with the smooth grace of practiced skill. And, deftly having caught the elbow she sent to his gut, he reached his free hand to grab her wrist. Her efforts to pull away were rewarded with the sudden cinching of rope around first one then both of her wrists, binding her hands securely behind her back.

With the restraint in place, the hitokiri stepped back to survey his handiwork causing Yuya to falter slightly before regaining her balance. Immediately tugging futilely at her bonds, she noticed with increasing displeasure that Kyo retained the excess rope, like a lead to keep her from wandering off. Her dark glare spoke louder than her verbal demand. "Untie me, damn it!"

"No." Kyo said flatly, refusing her demand with an utterly self-satisfied smirk. A quick jerk on the rope brought the bounty huntress half-stumbling backwards in his direction. His voice dropped to a sultry rumble as he bent to whisper in her ear. "But if you promise to be very, very good, I'll make sure you enjoy it."

Was he... The heat of his breath against her skin sent shivers down Yuya's spine and her face turned an impressively bright red an the insinuation. Oh that, Bastard!

"Like Hell." Leaning forward, Yuya pulled against the grip Kyo had on the rope with all her might. Her speak punctuated by a purposeful series of tugs in the direction opposite the hitokiri as she attempted to make her escape. "You ego-centric. self-centered - Ack!"

He took the opportunity to abruptly left go of his end of the rope and, with a misplaced enthusiastic tug, Yuya found herself flying forwards. Landing in a rather undignified heap on the ground, she cringed in pain and proceeded to utter none too complimentary things about the man's parentage as she fought to straighten herself out. Until, after a brief struggle, she'd haphazardly managed to push herself into a rough sitting position, poised on her hands and feet.

Kyo looked much too smug with her position in the dirt below him. “Having problems?”

Practically seething in her volatile temperament, Yuya turned her head, flinging her hair over her shoulder in a deliberate snub. Determined to ignore the snickering bastard she shifted her weight off her hands. Then subtly set about twisting and writhing in the bonds about her wrists, testing for any hint of weakness in the knots.

Quickly, recapping her remaining inventory of throwing knives in the hopes that if she could reach just one...

"If you try to escape, I'll just hunt you down again, and next time I'll be perfectly willing to tie you up naked." Kyo told her, interrupting her forming schemes. Pausing for a second, he gestured to her sprawled position with a wicked grin. "Then again you seem to be perfectly willing to that on your own."

Blinking once, Yuya glanced down at herself. Almost instantly, she squeaked in embarrassment, belatedly realizing that, with her feet parted as they were, her thin under-kimono had hiked up to almost mid-thigh. She snapped her legs shut, rounding on the hitokiri. "Pervert!"

Rather than enticing further argument, the word had Kyo's smirk widening dangerously. Crouching down, he leaned over the ensnared bounty huntress. Putting himself near nose to nose with the startled woman. Then, his eyes never leaving hers, one of his hands traced slowly up the exposed length on skin of Yuya's leg to play about the short hemline of her garment. "It's hard to justify calling me a pervert when you're the one half dressed."

Yuya flushed, alternating stuttering half formed accusations of the theft of her ropes between shooting glares at the arrogant jackass.

"Or." He was leering openly at her now and seemingly much closer than he was before. "Are you trying to suggest something?"

Oh, Yuya suggested something all right. Her mortification proved only to add further fuel to the fires of her temper and the bounty huntress told Kyo in no uncertain terms of just where she thought the long pointy sword he was so fond of could go before she'd even ever think of doing anything with him.

Of course, to Kyo's ears, her vehement denial sounded very much like a challenge.

Any further protests were silenced abruptly as he jerked her chin up to close the last few inches of space between them. Bringing his lips down on hers in a fierce kiss.

It only took one second for the realization to pass that an upright Kyo kissed even better than an upside down Kyo. It took an even shorter amount of time for Yuya to realize their little game had just taken a dangerous new twist, something dark, sinful, and seductive.

He wasted no time in coaxing reactions from her, instead he demanded them. Nipping lightly her lips, he deepened the kiss with a low growl. His tongue swirling within the depths of her mouth as he refreshed his senses with the taste of her.

The hand on her cheek moved around to stroke the nape of her neck before his fingers tangled in her hair and tugging slightly to shift her to a more productive angle. His focus entirely fixed in stirring up her desires. Hesitant responses were drawn out into soft moans and until her nerves all but tingled with a heat that arced like lightning along the edges of her perceptions.

Her arms, which had been the sole support for Yuya’s somewhat awkward position, quivered. Bent backwards over Kyo’s arm, still locked in his passionate attack, Yuya only became aware that he had lowered her the rest of the way to the ground when she felt the abrupt solidity of dirt at her back.

By the time he finally relented, Yuya was breathing hard. Her eyes half hooded as she stared up at Kyo from her new position, the remnants of shaky tremors traveling like small aftershocks through the length of her body in a way that left her heart racing. Kyo, on the other hand, didn’t even have the good grace to look winded.

“And what was that you were saying about my sword?” The look he sent her could have been mistaken for taunting, save for the fact that his eyes bled a dark, lust filled crimson. Calloused fingers traced from the curve of her jaw down the line of her neck, confidently moving over the expanse of skin bared by the wide collar of the woman’s under-kimono.

A breathy gasp escaped her still parted lips as Kyo’s touch slid lower over her chest. Practically feeling the arrogance radiating off him, Yuya managed a frustrated glare up at the man before using stretching as she coaxed him back into another kiss.“Shut up.”

He gave a wicked chuckle against her lips, the sound vibrating deep in his chest.

Under the relentless onslaught of Kyo’s mouth and hands, Yuya squirmed instinctively wanting to reach out and tangle her fingers in the coarse material of his black kimono. Only such movements continued to be restrained by the damn ropes around her wrists making her all the more aware that she remained completely at the hitokiri’s nonexistent mercy.

The upper half of her garment was pushed aside carelessly. Dexterous fingers cupped an exposed breast, molding it to conform to the curve of his palm. Breaking roughly out of their kiss, his mouth moved to cover the other, tongue lathing across the skin now slightly salty from her sweat.

The touch of his opposing hand didn’t remain idle either. Tracing past the frayed hem of her under-kimono he roughly parted her legs, his body shifting to lay closer against hers. His smirk widened as the motion caused her the fabric to shift higher, leaving less and less of her smooth skin to the imagination.

Then, with slow precision he swept his finger along the seam of her still covered sex lightly biting the stiff peak of her nipple.

The feeling proved overwhelming as Yuya gave a strangled scream only barely recognizable as the forming tones of his name before she bit her lip, silencing herself. Her body inexorably pressing harder towards his as she unconsciously opened herself further two him.

Eyes flashing possessively, Kyo had just slid his hand under that last barrier when a pressing matter came to his attention so inopportunely that he very nearly swelled with most of the known expletives of mankind.

...He was about to get very, very pissed.

"Fuck."Dazed from the heat of Kyo's body, it took Yuya a moment longer than usual to realize that the rough curse wasn't a suggestion. His hands landed on either side of her head, drawn away from the temptation presented before him. Crimson eyes abruptly sharp, he demanded. "Dead or alive?"

Yuya blinked. "Excuse me?"

"The damn bounty you were after woman." He growled "Dead or alive?"

“What?” Still understandably confused Yuya drew a blank. "I’m not sure-"

There was a crisp whistle as, in one violent motion Kyo's hand darted to his blade and flung the muramasa on a purposeful trajectory through the air. The sword hit, plunging deep into the trunk of one of the nearby trees evicted a high pitched, girly squeal of fright from Kyo's true target.

Only half aware that the hand smoothing her garment back in place was not her own, Yuya slowly collected her wits, glancing over the pissed hitokiri's shoulder. There, his sleeve pinned to a tree with Kyo's blade, she recognized the living breathing figure of the slimy, molester who's bounty she'd spent near all of the day trying to catch.

Spitting out a garbled utterance of outrage, the bounty huntress' accusation took the form of an almost flabbergasted. "You!"

The man had obviously well earned his perverse reputation, lured in by the temptation of voyeurism, and for a brief moment, the bounty huntress wondered whether or not she should be offended that Kyo had caught the bastard instead of her. But, then again, spying on a hitokiri is a dangerous thing indeed.

Pining Yuya in place with one last heated look that quite clearly indicated that they were not finished, Kyo rose, turning to face his victim. Violent irritation at the interruption lining the stiff posture of his body, Kyo moved towards the panicking figure of the criminal, his footfalls forming the rhythm of an executioner’s cadence. Cracking his knuckles, a malicious sneer twisted on Kyo's face as he arbitrarily handed down the struggling man's sentence. "I doubt his head would have been worth much alive anyway."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wow, I am once again astounded by the sheer amount of feedback this has gotten. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who's sent me their thoughts!

Coming up Next - Yuya finally gets her bounty, and Kyo gets everything else.

Read, review, enjoy