Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 11

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11
 
The next day, Sano went to school early. When he arrived at the school, he stopped at the school gate and stood there, as if waiting for someone. Kenshin saw Sano and walked towards him. He noticed Sano's sad face. “Hey Sano! What's your problem?” Kenshin asked. Sano looked at Kenshin, surprised. He didn't notice Kenshin walking towards him. “Uh, nothing. I just miss my brother.” Sano replied. “No… Sano, I know it's not about your brother.” Kenshin said. Sano looked at him blankly. “I noticed your weird behavior a week before.” Kenshin said. “I've known you since we were kids. I know and feel if you have a problem.” Kenshin added. Sano looked at him. “Kenshin, I don't know what this is - what I'm feeling. Sayo… she, uh… when I'm around her, I feel like I'm special. She's the first woman to make me feel this way. I feel like I want to be with her all the time.” Sano said. “That was the same feeling I felt when I met Kaoru. Dude, I think you're in love.” said Kenshin. Sano stared at Kenshin. “You think so?” Sano asked. “Yeah, but Sano… she's your brother's girlfriend. You can't be with her.” Kenshin said sadly. Sano looked away and thought of what Kenshin said. `Yeah, I can't be with her… I can't love her… she's my brother's girlfriend.' Sano thought, and he started to think for another reason why he's feeling like that for Sayo. “Well, I guess it's not love. Maybe I'm just comfortable with her because we're both close to Souzo.” Sano said and tried to fake a smile. Kenshin patted Sano's shoulder. “You know what, let's just forget about girls for a moment and play basketball at the school gym while waiting for the classes to start.” Kenshin said. Sano accepted Kenshin's suggestion and they raced to the school gym. Sano and Kenshin were both pros in basketball, but they didn't join the basketball team of the school for some unknown reason.
***
Sayo decided to walk to school. She hasn't had enough sleep last night. She kept on thinking what will happen now that Souzo is a thousand miles away from her. She also thought of Sano and how close they have become these past few days. When they first met, she thought that Sano was a stupid ruffian, just another guy who always looks for fights… but when they had the chance to get to know each other, Sano made her feel comfortable and that Sano is sweet and a bit childish. Thoughts of Sano snapped put of her head when she bumped into someone and fell on the ground. She looked up to see who she bumped into. It was Aoshi Shinomori, a tall handsome guy with beautiful blue eyes. He is also their school's basketball ace player. Aoshi bent down to lend his hand to Sayo and helped her get up. “I- I'm sorry, I wasn't looking at the road.” Sayo said, feeling somewhat ashamed. “It's okay.” Aoshi said, smiling. “Anyway, everyone at the team felt sad when Souzo announced that he was leaving for America.” He added. Sayo looked at him. “I felt sad too.” She said, almost like a whisper. Aoshi patted her back. “Hey, cheer up. Don't think of it as the end of your relationship. Anyway, if ever he finds another someone there, there are a lot of other men who could make you happy just the way he did, maybe more that Souzo made you happy.” Aoshi said. Sayo looked at him and smiled. “You're right. Hmm… enough talk about my relationship with Souzo. Let's talk about you and my friend Misao.” Sayo said. Aoshi looked at the floor and blushed. “Well, I like Misao, I really do… but I don't have the guts to tell her what I feel.” Aoshi said. “OH, Aoshi Shinomori who is the ace player of our team, a tall and strong guy, can't tell a girl what he feels!” Sayo joked. Sayo thought of a bright idea. “You know, I can help you court Misao.” Sayo proposed. Aoshi looked at her with gleaming puppy eyes. “Really? You'll help me?” Aoshi asked. “Yeah.” Sayo said. At the exact moment when Sayo and Aoshi arrived at the school, the school bell rang and every student went to their proper classes.