SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Yakunan Rijun ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Come on… this place crumbled so easily, I thought this stuff would be looser!”
 
Click, scrape, skirtch, skee, went Fleur's claws against the rock confines. The royal gundamess had made little progress on digging their way out, “Ow!” She sharply pulled back her left hand.
 
“Are you alright?” Natsumi asked looking at her friend's hand.
 
“Augh… chipped a claw, oh that stings!” Fleur grunted shaking her hand nursing the injured claw, “Owowowow.”
 
The female musha rested her head on one hand in thought, “Ah! Let's try this!” She pulled out a small round firecracker, her smile wide and innocent.
 
“A bomb!” Fleur was in shock, “Are you trying to blow us to pieces?”
 
The other just giggles, “No, no. This is a weak firecracker. Just stand as far back as possible.”
 
“You realize far back is about three feet, correct?” the princess replied with a stale tone, eyes narrowed and gesturing at their petite confines.
 
“It'll have to do!” Natsumi chirped placing the firecracker in the small hole Fleur made, then striking rock against flint; the wick caught flame and hissed in warning. The duo flattened against the far wall, curled up slightly into each other watching the flame hiss as it drew near the round explosive.
 
Ker-BOW! Crickle, crickle. Clatter, click, clatter. The hole was blown wider, but now smoke intruded the confined making them cough, “Try -cough- now. They should be loose enough!”
 
Fleur sputtered slightly rubbing her optics, not used to be so close to explosions, “Al -cough- alright.” Approaching the wall, she snuck her right handed-claws into the rubble able to tear away some, “At least it's looser now…” She continued to dig, every time they hit a hard place another bomb was placed, progress, granted slow, was being made but Natsumi had to be careful not to cause a cave in.
 
Pumping her fist enthusiastically, “We'll be back with the guys in no time!” the female musha proclaimed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
 
“HA! Yah! Whaaa… HA!” Bakunetsumaru refuse to give up on trying to break the barrier that currently blocked him and his comrades only exit from their cell, despite constant calls of `save your energy' or `enough already its not working'. For the most part, the group left him to his determination, Commander having to laugh, forgetting he was once that enthusiastic.
 
Madnug reviewed their current state, “From what our scanners have determined, and judging from the younger Bakunestumaru's lack of success, the only way out is if a guard or anyone on the outside with the needed card key can open this barrier.”
 
“This is highly illogical,” Captain chirped.
 
Zero looked up, “How so, Captain?”
 
Captain turned to the knight, “The Angel of Death a.k.a. Demon General has nothing to gain for just keeping us, by that I mean the past Gundam Force, locked up here,” he then addressed the other that were their, “Surely if he wanted to rid us from this time, he has had every chance to do so with us being trapped in here. Why has he not then?”
 
“Oh that's easy.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Hey!” Daichimaru shouted, “Who's there!”
 
“Mana, you have to be kidding me….” Celestin groaned, “Rubbish you really do live up to your name!”
 
“I do not!” The tiny grey Time Sprite jumped out from behind some of the rocks in the cell and landed on Captain's arm, “And do answer your question, Captain Gundam, the reason Purity is not already whisking you away home is because she cannot not reach everyone she needs to whisk. It's much easier to teleport everything at once then at different times, less of a chance of messing up the time stream flow.”
 
Baku stopped hearing the sprite, “Wait you where here the entire time?”
 
Rubbish nodded at the samurai, “Indeed! I'm still under contract with Master Celestin; therefore I cannot leave until I have filled the requirements of the contract.”
 
“Contract?” Daichi looked at him, “You never mentioned a contract with him.”
 
Celestin waved it off, “Remember when I beat him in the battle of wits? Well the terms were if he lost, he would have to be under my command for the next one hundred years.”
 
“However!” Rubbish chimed pulling out said contract, “Should you use my services for means of time travel, my servitude ends once everything is once more as it should be. On that note, once this is over and done with, I'm free!” Rubbish pumped his fist, the clock in his lantern ringing with his joy.
 
The gears in Commander Baku's head clicked “Death Angel can't find Fleur and Natsumi, which means the cave in trapped them where he can't get to them, but that also means we can't get to them either.” He snuck in thought, “But where can they be that he can't reach? He can easily travel through walls.”
 
“He probably just hasn't found them yet!” A small voice chirped. It wasn't robot or animal, it was human, a female human. They all turned towards the voice, its owner standing just outside the barrier with a sweet smile on her face.
 
Orange high-tops, green skirt, a white t-shirt sporting a single blue stripe around the middle, worn as a cape, a red jack upon her shoulders, as human girl, around Shute's give or take a year, she stood before the needed key card in hand, “So, how did you boys end up here? And what's with the doppelgangers?”
 
They stared in shock, how did she get that key without being caught by the guards! Security was really slacking around the prison it seems. Silence hung thick in the air before Madnug shattered its fragile state with a shout, “What are and how did you get here, Hanabi!”
 
“You're alive!” Daichi and Celestin ran to the barrier, “But you've been missing ever since Shute disappeared!”
 
“Then she hasn't been gone very wrong then, right?” Bakunetsu asked.
 
Zero nearly lost it at the show of idiocy, “They mean future Shute! Losing your mind already I see?”
 
“I rather lose my mine then just let my wife-to-be get killed like you are allow-” Baku didn't finish his sentence before Zero attacked him, infuriated at the claim, leaving Captain to once more try to defuse his teammates.
 
Hanabi gasps; they weren't doppelgangers but the real deal, “The Original Gundam Force! Alive! And here!” She paused and tilted her head, “But… Zero's suppose to be dead, and Baku is right there,” she pointed at the Commander, “And Captain got captured.” Puzzlement crossed her face.
 
“It's Rubbish's fault,” Celestin quickly answered.
 
“Let us out and we'll explain everything alright, but you have to tell us why you're here!” Commander Bakunetsumaru ordered
 
Hanabi giggled, “You can't guess? I've been is disguise! I'm looking for my dad!” She moved to the machine, sliding the card then placed a glove on the scanner dissipating the barrier, “If you're curious, these wolves apparently love bone shaped biscuits.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“My lord!” A nobusshi appeared on screen, “It appears small tremors are erupting from within the castle, permission to investigate?”
 
“Granted,” Death Angel spoke, keeping his back turned, waving at the screen as it blanked out once again. The General sat in font ravenously feeding, it was only bits of meat from small game but it was something in his stomach.
 
“You've got quite a set up here!” Demon General complemented, “How long did this take, if I can ask.”
 
The older black figure smiled, “While I cannot tell you much, I will say that rash desert queen makes conquest of revenge extremely easy. And these stupid wolves see me as a Deity! All too easy to control them.”
 
General chucked nodding while smiling, “Ah so good to know all that time works. I become stronger then that fool EagleEye! Such minuscule goals he had!”
 
“Sir,” Purity chimed in, “Just a little information, um, why not let me send back the Gundam's we have caught currently? Fleur is somewhere to be found and distorting time for one individual to fit those of others it not very difficult.”
 
“You said there was a risk of messing up the flow of time there is already,” The Angle of Death slowly and calmly spoke, “I will not risk my empire falling to such an unforeseen predicament. Never did I think Celestin would prove to be this crafty, using that stupid sprite for what it's actually good for! No, not yet.”
 
Purity's clock chimed in tune to her fear, “B-but sir! If we-”
 
“Enough!” Death Angel grasps the white time sprite near crushing her, “When they are reunited then do so. Not a second sooner.” Purity looked down and whimpered.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Almost… got it….” With a final heave, the large rock fell at their feet letting the duo continue. Fleur collapsed in exhaustion, “I now deem a five minute break….”
 
“What again!” Natsumi shouted displeased, “Get up, Fleur. We can't just sit here! What if they find us?” She gestured around them, “We have to press on, find the boys, and get hidden before the guards find us again! I-I mean what if that prickle hog, or Rifleman, or-or a Caynin wolf, or any of his other followers get to us!”
 
“If you stop shouting we will have better odds,” Fleur grumbled back, content to sit for now.
 
Footsteps could be heard from outside the small cavern, “I think its coming from over here!”
 
“Uh-oh…” The trapped duo watched the wall with baited breath; senses sharpen, listening to each others subtle gunsoul pulse.
 
“According to this meter, those tremors were originating right about here,” a gruff second growled.
 
“Only 5 meters from the earlier cave in those two spoke of, the floor could possibly just be resettling on the remaining supports,” spoke the first, “Call the builders and have them relocate the supporting pillars.”
 
The gruff one scoffed, “You have the com, you call them! Lazy no good mecha!”
 
“Oh shut up you flea bag!”
 
Snarling and a loud thump were heard against the wall followed by the growling voice, “Now listen here tin can, for the pure fact our Savior the Angel of Death so said not to cause harm to those aiding us, I won't shred your circuitry!”
 
Natsumi and Fleur swapped a glance and shared a nervous swallow, praying that whoever it was would leave and they could be on their way to finding their friends.
 
The first snorted “Calm down will you, you wolves are all the same!”
 
“So are you, mecha man.” They turned to leave but the wolf stopped, “Wait… what's that smell?”
 
“Wasn't me,” the mecha responded, “I don't think.” He paused to sniff himself, “Nope, not me.”
 
“It smells like gunpowder,” The wolf sniffed the wall where Fleur and Natsumi waited just on the other side. With one paw he signaled the nobusshi to stand further down the wall. He whispered, “One… two….”
 
With one fell swoop, the wolf fired a ball and chain into the wall, the nobusshi skewering it from his end, causing the girls the yell in startled.
 
 
“I knew it!”
 
“Run!” They darted from the spiked ball only to meet with the nobusshi on the other side. They turned again, this time blocked by a large white wolf with a single scar over its right eye. They were trapped like rats, and so close to freedom to!
 
Natsumi whimpered, clinging the Fleur, “Now what!”
 
“Why are you asking me!?” Fleur replied.
 
“You're a Gundam Force member aren't you?” Natsumi questioned, “And a royal! Royals are suppose to be good at this kind of thing!”
 
The nobusshi chuckled, “What a fine gift we found!”
 
The white wolf agreed “Indeed, Death Angel will be most pleased!”
 
Obviously on her own in planning now, Fleur looked at her options trying to remember some of what she was talked, her mother's voice echoed from her memories,
 
`Your King is in trouble, dear. There is a way to save him if you can find it.'
 
`But how, Mama! You're going to win again! You said you would let me win this time!'
 
`I did, and you can. Just remember, even in dire states, the King must sometimes free himself.'
 
“The King must free himself…. Natsumi hang on!” Fleur grabbed the young musha, charged at the nobusshi clawing his face, rewarded with a shriek in pain, and launched out of the hole their foe had provided.
 
“You're letting them escape!” The white wolf charged forward, his weapon weighing to heavy upon his back causing him to slide to far, the gundamess' had gotten away for now
 
Natsumi was stunned, “How did you-”
 
“Run now talk later!” They darted away deeper into the stone maze, soon they heard footsteps and jet packs in hot purist again.
 
“Get those gundams!”
 
“Don't look back!” Fleur cheered Natsumi on even in her frighten state, “Keeping running. Left! Now right! Left! Left! We'll lose them don't worry! Straight! Straight! Right! Up the stairs, quickly! Now left! In there! Hurry!”
 
Natsumi lunged at the door knocking it open and making the door slam and vibrate against the wall, Fleur dashed in behind and slammed the door shut, anything they could do to slow down the pursuit. “Fleur in here!” Natsumi pulled open another door which Fleur promptly flew into, Natsumi slamming and locking the door behind them.
 
A dead end. But a chance to catch their breath none the less. “I... don't think… I ever... ran tha- … that fast… in my… life!” the female musha panted while smiling, “Yahoo! We escaped… for now….”
 
“Yes, we did.” Fleur panted, “We lost them, let's catch our breath, then go through the ventilation.”
 
“What! B-but there are bugs in their!” Natsumi revolted.
 
“Would you rather run again, or crawl?” Fleur asked.
 
Natsumi shook her head but none the less agreed with the plan, no point arguing with a Force member even if she was suppose to be dead in this time period.
 
Fleur looked around the room they were hiding in, “Odd choice or décor… I guess he likes bright crystals.”
 
“Huh?” Natsumi looked around, indeed, crystals seem to be growing on the walls and ceiling, “What an odd room….”
 
Buzzzz…
 
They both turned towards the buzz, had they been found? No… it was just some harmless flies.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Hanabi could barely hold in her laughter from that tale, “Wow Celestin, I can't believe you did that! Even after all the warnings! Hahahaha!”
 
“That's not funny!” Celestin revolted at the younger human, “It's not like I meant to get caught!”
 
“Yeah I suppose that's true, Daichimaru revealed himself rather quickly to the past!” She giggled again at the expense of her friends. Daichimaru simply growled.
 
Hanabi looked past the others and went up to Zero, “So that's what Zero looks like, you're right Uncle Bakunetsumaru, Celestin does look a lot like him.”
 
“I-I take it you never met future me, milady?” Zero replied uneasily.
 
“Nope!” Hanabi chirped, “Celestin was already an orphan when I came along.”
 
Captain spoke up, “Hanabi, you said you are the daughter of Shute, correct? Have by chance seen your father's younger self somewhere in here?”
 
Hanabi tilted her head back placing one finger on her chin, “Hmmm, nope. Can't say I have Uncle Past Captain.”
 
“Uncle Captain?” the Neotopian looked confused, “Hanabi I am not related to Shute as a sibling.”
 
“Neither is Uncle Baku, but you are all really good friends, the you from this time said it was alright if I called you, I mean him an uncle. Ugh this time travel stuff is confusing.” Hanabi rubbed her bright red hair.
 
Commander Baku chuckled, “Don't think to hard on it, Hanabi. Daichimaru, any idea where we are now?”
 
Daichimaru nodded, “My guess is somewhere on the fourth floor, we have to climb to the twenty first in order to find the Angel of Death.”
 
“And we'll find my Daddy and young Daddy while we're at it!” Hanabi pumped her fist trotting up to and walking next to Madnug.
 
Madnug looked down at the girl, “Hanabi, I highly doubt your father is even alive. His chances of survival after getting captured are-”
 
He was cut off by a small fire spark on his wrist from Hanabi, “Don't you say that! Daddy's alive! He's here somewhere! I was looking for him the different cells! He has to be somewhere! I just know it! And don't you say other wise!”
 
Bakunetsumaru blinked at her spunk, “Wow, she really is Shute's daughter. Hey Hanabi, Daichimaru, are their any other cells in here?”
 
“Not to my knowledge,” Daichi replied.
 
Hanabi chirped, “I think there's another one on the tenth floor.”
 
“Then let's hurry,” Captain ordered taking the lead, “I do not wish for Shute to be on his own for much longer!”
 
“Captain! Wait!” Zero called.
 
“You don't know the way!” Commander Baku called out.
 
Madnug flew ahead grabbing the speedy gundam's wrist, “Please sir, I know your worry but for the sake of the time stream I cannot allow anything to happen to you, or any of the others from the past!”
 
“Hey that's reminds me!” Hanabi spoke, “Is Princess Fleur here? I've only seen pictures of her. Can I meet her?”
 
Zero growled more at himself, “We were separated from Princess Fleur and Natsumi, we haven't a clue as to where they are right now.”
 
Baku patted his friend's back, “Don't worry Zero. We'll find your bride-to-be in no time. They couldn't have gotten too far. Maybe they're in that room waiting for us!”
 
“Then let's hurry,” Commander spoke, “We have to get back to the eighth floor where that battle was.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Meanwhile up on the eleventh floor, a lone, skinny, lightly armored tan colored wolf lay in front of the only occupied cell, grumbling and drawing patterns on the floor, “I get promoted to Corporal and I'm still doing guard duty, this is some crap!” She sighed and rolled over pausing for a second the scratch her back along the floor then looked at her prisoner, “Sit her and watch some stupid little human boy. Valya you should be out on the field not playing puppy sitter! Boy! Wake up!”
 
The brunette didn't move; the only signs of movement were the steady rise and fall of his breathing and soft muttering, “It's a Saturday…. Dad's turn……”
 
“Boy! Pup wake up! You bore me!” Valya swatted a loose pebble into the cell hitting its occupant on the lower back.
 
“Ah! I'm up mom I- oh right… I got caught… Smooth Shute, real smooth….” Shute sat up and rubbed his arm were he had been sleeping, “I wonder if the others are okay, I know Captain is looking for me, but, why capture me?”
 
“Soot? What kind of name is Soot?” Valya asked.
 
“Huh?” Shute turned around spying her, “Oh, it's not Soot, its Shute.”
 
Valya slurred his name again, “Sslute. Sslute is still an odd name, pup.”
 
Shute growled at her, “Hey I'm no pup or a kid! And it's Shute! With a sh- sound.”
 
“Is what I said!” Valya snarled, “Sslute!”
 
“Oh never mind,” Shute didn't feel like fighting with his captive, “You know my name, what's yours?”
 
“Corporal Valya,” I'm glad you are awake, Sslute. Its was getting quite boring here.”
 
“Oh well thanks, glad to know that my life is to dull to protect. So if it's boring to watch me, can you let me go?” Shute requested.
 
Valya laughed, “Not happing, but if you what we can talk, no?”
 
“Well, I suppose,” Shute answered unsure, this might be a good time to try and get some information about what exactly they were up against, “What do you want to talk about?”
 
“How about I start with why the hell you and the others risked crossing the time stream to get here?” Valya smirked.
 
“I could ask you the same question,” Shute replied, “You sent quite a few guys to my time!”
 
Valya replied, “Answer mine, I answer yours. We can go back and forth, alright?”
 
“Well,” Shute grimaced, “Okay. We came because we wanted to help our friends.”
 
“But you are not supposed to even know about some of them yet, yes?” Valya asked curiously.
 
“Hey you haven't answered my question yet!” Shute pointed out.
 
Valya rolled her blue eyes, “Fine, Angle of Death sent Lieutenant General Cy to your time when Purity felt our opponent use a time sprite. Not, same question I had earlier.”
 
“True, we aren't supposed to know about them yet, but after to fight along side some one, share some meals, and general fun with them, you want to help them out. Even if Celestin was a bounty hunter named Gio, we would still want to help him,” Shute answered, “Now, how did Purity feel Rubbish use his power?”
 
“Not a time sprite, am I? I would not know.” Vayla giggled, “For the fact that was a stupid question, I'll let you try again.”
 
Shute nodded and though for a bit, “Why are you following the Angel of Death.”
 
Valya sighed, “The Death Angel smites all those opposed to Caynin and her children. Death Angel has act as revenge causing the very mountains to stir and wipe away the humans and mechanoids that once polluted and were slowly killing our home. He came and cleansed the world allowing those who truly deserved the planet's bounty right to claim as their home.”
 
A low whistle escaped the boy, “Wow… sounds pretty intense.”
 
“My turn for a question,” Vayla clicked her claws along the ground, “What makes you humans and gundams and androids and mechanoids think you are all high and mighty and that you deserve everything on a silver platter.”
 
Shute arched one eye brow, “I don't what kind of humans you have met, Vayla, but no one I know is like that. Sure we aren't perfect, and we might not get along, but the ones I know don't believe the world should be handed to them. The Dark Axis tried to claim the Gundam Force's member's homes; we stood up and fought back for everything we have to protect those we care about and what is our home. We would never let them have it. Have you met some like that before?”
 
“Personally?” Vayla shrugged, “Once. I was born after the Death Angel rectified the wrong done to my home. You mentioned the Dark Axis and the Gundam Force. Those I remember quite well, back when I was but a private, fresh out of training. The Dark Axis came to our home and covered it in the crystals and concrete using flying insects. I was petrified later to be undone by some group called the Gundam Force that claimed to be the good guys. High General Ace ordered them away, their leader tried something then the order was given and we chased them away before they could do any harm to our home like those of KOLD did?”
 
“The Gundam Force are the good guys!” Shute snapped.
 
“That's what they all say!” Vayla snapped back, “I'll have you know boy! The Gundam Force invaded our home after the time you are from! Are humans and gundam who pollute the planet to near inhabitance the good guys!? The air it self could kill every living thing their. The water was undrinkable. The land was suffocating under cold metal! No planet deserves that! That is why High General Ace led the attack against them and restored Caynin to what it is now! All with the help of the Angel of Death at his back! Rash pup!”
 
“You're the rash assuming wolf here!” Shute yelled, “Did you even try to make friends with the Gundam Force!?”
 
“And then what! Make friends with those who create toxic planets?” Vayla was clearly outraged, “Like hell we were going to! Ace will never allow it! I will always back up his orders as one always should!”
 
Shute couldn't believe this amount of close minded thinking, “Then know I will always back up my friends in the Gundam Force!”
 
“So be it.” Vayla snorted, “My turn for a question. Do you honestly think your friends can find and save you before they end up in here?”
 
“Yep!” Shute smiled, “Captain will never let me down! Neither Captain nor Zero nor Bakunetsumaru, nor any of my other friends, I bet they're looking for me right now! Uh huh! And once we're back together we'll go after the Angel of Death himself!”
 
“That's suicide,” Vayla replied.
 
“That's our mission!” Shute answered, “I don't suppose you can tell me how to get there can you?”
 
Vayla laughed, “You are a bold one Shute. But seeing as how you well never even escape, I will tell. Go to the twenty first floor, pass the trophy rooms and his chambers are right on the other side. The top floor only consist of those three rooms, I heard he likes his space. Or course, to the get to stair well to his chamber you must first get past some of his most elite guards, and before you even enter his chambers, the two strongest of the elite guards will attempt to stop you. If you can survive long enough, you will at least be worth his time.”
 
Shute swallowed, “Sounds tough.”
 
“You've no idea~” She cooed, “I'm out of questions please continue with yours until I think of one.”
 
“Okay, if the Caynin hates humans and gundams so much, why are their gundams and nobusshis working with you? And I know I went up against a human at least once.”
 
Vayla tilted her head, “You know, that is a good question. I just assumed it was in the grand scheme Death Angel had.”
 
Shute grinned, “And what you say if I told you the Angel of Death is actually a demonic gundam.”
 
“I would say you are a fat lair, Sslute.” Vayla replied with a toothy smile.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*