Serial Experiments Lain Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Understanding ❯ Understanding ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Understanding

My hands brush against the keys, the typing noises being the only sound in my other wise silent room. I look deeper and deeper into the wired, searching. Searching for what, I do not know. But the urge to search is powerful, and I cannot help myself. I must go deeper, deeper into the soul, the soul of the wired calls me. Why does it call me? I don't know, I want to find out. I was never like this before, I would use to just forget about things if they caused me to much trouble, and go on with life, not focusing on the things that I do not understand. Was it a mistake to do that? The wired continues to call me, and I continue to go deeper, and deeper, never stopping, never turning back.

What is the center of the wired? Where does all of this information come from? Who is the mastermind behind thousand of faces, and millions of identities? Why am I thinking of such things?

Ha, ha, ha....imagine if my class mates could see me now, the ugly shy girl typing away at the keys, searching...endlessly searching. Searching for something she does not even know what it was. They would laugh, and call me stupid, they would never let me hear the end of it, would they? Ha, ha, ha. No, I guess not. They don't understand my needs, they don't even try to. All they understand about me is that I'm different, but why? Why am I different? Do they even think about that? Ha, ha, ha. I guess not. They never think about anybody but themselves. They are all fools, they only try and understand themselves, they don't take the time to think about other things. Is that why they hate me? Ha, ha, ha, what does it matter? I'm soon going to be part of the wired!! I'm crazy they say? Is that so? Really? Crazy am I? I'm soon going to become apart of something great!! I know the secrets now...in the wired....no one judges you...once your part of the wired your free! Free of all of these humans and their misunderstandings. In the wired you can be anyone or anywhere you choose. Your not confined to a single place or a single identity. Why didn't I understand it all before? The wired is freedom....Chisa understood this.....Ah, Chisa my best friend...why didn't you take me with you? Why keep all this freedom for yourself? Does anyone else but I understand? Lain...I think she understands....probably more then I ever will. But we will see about that, right? Ha, ha, ha! Once I join the wired, I will know all it's secrets, I will understand. I will no longer be like these stupid humans, laughing and giggling at everything they don't understand, not caring if that thing has feelings or not. Ha, ha, ha,ha....I know why the wired is different, the wired has a god.....Ha, ha, ha! I'll see you soon god! I'm coming to you, ha, ha, ha. In the wired people will understand....the wired understands. Wait for me Chisa....God, I'll be with you soon!