Shaman King Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Back to the Beginning ❯ Where's Tails? ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Back to the Beginning...Ch 3


****************************************************

Sometimes it seems that oppurtunity comes up when you least expect it, while other times it shows up prettymuch on-que. This was the case for Sonic and the others as two blue eyes were watching from atop a cloud.


***************************************************


"Thats what happened and thats why he can't run anymore until 8 months have passed." Sonic had just finished explaining to Amy, Susan, Tikal, Shadow, Sonie, and Knuckles. Amy took it worse than anyone else, however...


"NO!!!" Amy ran to her son and hugged him tightly, crying in anger and sorrow at her son's condition. "He's not going to run for...eight months?!" Amy loosened up some, crying on Michael's shoulder. Michael held her head gently and uttered words of comfort to her.


"So, you're telling me that if he runs before its healed that he could be paralyzed?" Tikal shouted, shocked as ever that her husband, known as the only one to ever out-run Sonic, would not be running anytime soon.


"Thats what the doctor said to me, point-blank. It seems as though that his continuous exertion of pressure on his femer and thighs opened a stress fracture on both sides of his femer, which is a very serious injury." Sonic explained to the stunned orange echidna.


"I just can't believe that he fell down and I didn't even see it!" Sonie said, feeling that the blame was on him for accepting his challenge. "I just wish I could've done something..."


"There was nothing you could've done to help me, Sonie. I have a drive to run and run fast. Even if I had chosen not to race ya, I would've hurt myself later on." Michael carefully walked over to Sonie and gave him a thumb's up, wincing noticably.


"Well, Sonic, guess you're theory was wrong about your son's running..." Shadow notioned to Sonic.


"And how is that?" Sonic replied.


"Well, you said that it couldn't be all bad for him." Shadow explained to the still-stunned Sonic.


"Maybe I did, but thats another issue...I'm also concerned about someone else." Sonic said, looking confused as he drew some serious attention with that remark. "You know how the Master Emerald revived some of us numerous times when we got finished fighting the numerous threats to Mobius's safety? Well, I have been worried about Tails. He's not been revived yet, or he has and he's not in our general area." Sonic proclaimed to the others, getting nods and "sudden realizations" from several of them.


"You think that he really got revived, Sonic?" Amy asked, still holding her son's tear-stained hand.


"He has to have been revived! He was a good friend, and the Master Emerald would never disallow a good person the chance to live again!" Sonic beamed at Amy.


"Maybe so, but others who weren't good also got revived, ever thought of that?" Shadow notioned to a suddenly speechless Sonic.


"If thats the case, then maybe Tails...!...We've gotta find him! Chances are that someone else might've found him!" Sonic shouted as he went to dash out the door.


"Hold it right there, Sonic!!" Amy shouted, stopping her blue speedster in his tracks.


"Whats wrong, Amy?" Sonic asked, very confused.


"Look at this, on the TV..." Amy pointed.


Sonic looked at the screen and saw a news brief. "Whats the big deal? Its only a bulliten." Sonic said, getting a bash from Amy's hammer.


"Look closer, on top of that building. Is that a silhouette of who I think it is?" Amy said, getting a nod from Sonic and the others.


"We have no time to lose! We have to reunite with Tails!" Michael shouted, about to run but his father grabbed his legs before he could do anything with them.


"Not you, son, you are staying here with Tikal and Amy. Me, Kncukles, Shadow and Sonie will go find Tails!" Sonic grinned as him and the others dashed out the door, leaving a sad hedgehog behind them.


****************************************


"You really think its him, Sonic?" Knuckles questioned, his uneasy tone concerning Sonic.


"Of course its Tails! There was no mistaking it, those two tails gave it away!" Sonic tried to reassure Knuckles somewhat.


"Well, it just seems strange that he would be seen on the TV right after you had finished talking about him..." Knuckles muttered to himself as him and Sonic went to the Eastern part of Eagle-Eye while Shadow and Sonie went to the Western part of Eagle-Eye.


"Tails, we're coming!"


***************************************