Shugo Chara Fan Fiction ❯ To follow a dream ❯ A dream come true...? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter2
 A dream come true...?
Amu's POV
 
I ran as fast as I could. I didn't even know where I was going. I couldn't think straight for one thing. Miki, Ran and Su flew close to me. I didn't even pay attention to them, but they most likely were confused. It was sunset now. The sky was beautiful - red, pink, orange…and blue. That was the best color of them all. Everything had blossomed. The grass was a very bright shade of green. Flowers in people's gardens and different kinds of bushes and trees were everywhere. Somehow…the scenery made me run even faster. The breeze felt really cold against my cheeks. If only I could stop for a second and just enjoy the wind blowing against my face and my hair going in every direction. If I could just close my eyes and remember something that would make me happy…if I could really-What would I imagine? My good times with Tadase that made me so happy or Ikuto, the person who I missed so badly…
“Amu-chan, where are we going?” Ran asked and flew faster so she'd be in front of me. It was always Amu this and Amu that.
I don't know. I answered simply. I didn't feel the need to explain myself right now.
Your parents are going to be home any second. They'll be worried if you're not there to welcome them. Miki was always so worried. It sometimes bothered me, but sometimes she pointed out things I hadn't thought about.
“We should head back Amu-chan. It's going to get dark soon and you don't know where you're going…” Miki continued with her stressfulness. I suddenly stopped and turned around to face them.
“Well maybe…just maybe, I'd like to follow my heart and not my mind. For just once…I want to feel lucky.” - I said to them. Miki and Su tarred at me and couldn't say a word. Ran was the one who spoke:
“Amu…are you sure this is a good idea?”
“I don't know…maybe it is and maybe it's not. It's a chance of a life time Ran…and I feel lucky about it.” I winked at her and they smiled back at me. Even if they were annoying at times. I loved them and couldn't imagine my life if they hadn't popped into it. They understood the real me and had trust in me more than anyone ever had.
After that I continued running this time with my charas smiling and flying happily next to me. We reached the main street five minutes after that. Then I stopped and looked around. This didn't feel right. It's like my heart was a compass and my intuition were the arrows. I didn't know where I was going I just followed the direction the compass showed me. But now my heart was beating very fast and I just stood there.
“Amu-chan?” Miki saw I was confused and all three of them waited for me to tell them where to go. I felt like going to a place I hadn't went for a long time…the place that got demolished about 4 years ago. The place…that had my memories in. So I turned into the opposite direction that I was going in and went through the park. In that moment like a flashback in front of my eyes I could see Tadase and me on the bench this morning. I could see both of us hugging each other for goodbye. In a flash everything was gone. Only the empty bench was there. I turned my head and looked at the path in front of me still running as fast as I can. Then I thought of the thing that had happened on this date four years ago. The day…I lost Ikuto.
/flashback starts here
Amu and Ikuto were holding hands. Both of them looking at the amusement park. It would have been gone after a few days. All their memories of each other would only be in the shadows after that.
“If I could be by Ikuto's side…” Amu thought. It was the only thing that was on her mind. This moment with Ikuto…it was worth more than all the money in the world. Then suddenly Ikuto let go of her hand.
“Amu, listen up. I won't ever see you again…” - His words were like a beautiful song for her, but right now that didn't matter. She was confused with him. Was he teasing her again? Was this just a bad joke?
Ikuto, this really isn't a good time to tease me. OK?
“Hah, not everything I say is a joke Amu” - Ikuto made a small smirk, but his expression stayed serious.
“Never see me again? I mean there's always tomorrow and…”
“Amu…there is no tomorrow for us. There's only a tomorrow for you and me taking our separate paths” - Ikuto interrupted her.
“What? I don't…understand you…” - Amu really was confused. She didn't understand a thing. Just a couple of seconds ago everything seemed perfect to her and now…
“Tomorrow…I'll be leaving from here.” - Ikuto simply explained.
“Leaving? Where are you going?” - Amu looked straight into his eyes.
“I'm no longer in Easter's hands. Remember when I once mentioned my dad when I was staying in your room?”
“Yeah…you said he was only a nuisance to you.”
“He was but I need to find him. He has answers to questions I need to figure out. And after I find the answers I'll find my own path.
“What? What's with the sudden plans for the future?”
“Everything changed for me…and for you. I need to find my own way…I have to let go of you.”
“Let go of me? Am I keeping you from finding your own path, is that how you feel…?”
“Amu…the way I feel…isn't the right way.”
“Why isn't it? If we just followed how we felt everything would be perfect. I believe…that you should just follow your heart Ikuto.” - Amu's eyes blinked as she said the words. Tears were starting to appear. She didn't want to let go.
“This isn't a fantasy world Amu…” - Ikuto smirked a little again and closed his eyes.
“We can make it one. We can make the world of our dreams. That's why shugo charas exist.” One small tear went down Amu's cheek. It was like a little diamond on her face.
“Amu…” - Ikuto opened his eyes. Amu's eyes widened and blinked a few times. The way he looked right then it reminded her…of the time he was in her room.
“Wait, even if you want to find your own path…answer me one question before you leave me like this.”
“Huh?” - Ikuto stared at her confused. This would have been his last glimpse of her…with her tears. The least he could do was listen to her.
“That night…the night in my room…you said I should grow up faster…what did you mean to do back then?
“Amu…what are you…” - Ikuto's eyes widened. What was this all of a sudden?
“Tell me only this and I will let go of you, I promise.” More tears went down Amu's face. She was starting to cry a lot. She couldn't help it, so she wiped her eyes with one hand. Ikuto saw her tears though.
“Amu…I can't…ever…do that.” - Ikuto slowly said. He didn't want to hurt her anymore.
“Why? You won't even answer? How can you act this way with me? Ikuto answer me…” She choked the words. Her crying didn't let her speak clearly. At that time she felt so weak.
“Amu…I don't want to hurt you anymore…” - Ikuto said. He could only stare at her tears. He wanted to…he could do it…then why didn't he?
“Ikuto…please…nothing would hurt me anymore. You would never do something to harm me. So…please…answer me.” - Her tears didn't stop. She loved him so much in that moment and hated him for not answering to her. She was so confused. Then he took a stepped towards Amu and Amu froze. She didn't know what to do.
“Do you really want to know so badly?”
“Mhh…yes.” - Amu simply answered. She didn't know what was happening. Ikuto took Amu's chin and lifted it a little. Then his dark blue eyes met her golden orbs. Then he slowly descended towards her. Amu didn't move at all. She only blushed as their lips met. Slowly and gently he kissed her. Amu then closed her eyes and kissed him back. In her mind she counted every moment. It was a really soft kiss and when it ended Ikuto was still holding her chin and made a small smirk.
“Does this answer your question?” Ikuto smirked a little as he looked at Amu's face. Amu looked into his eyes as he let go of her.
“Ikuto…” She couldn't say anything else.
“Yes?” He said in a very gentle and quiet tone.
“I…I…” Amu couldn't continue. She only looked down with her hands on her chest.
“I know, I know.” And Ikuto smiled. He then hugged her and her head leaned on his chest. He then kissed her forehead and disappeared into the shadows with only one goodbye echoing in the background. Amu stood there for a couple of minutes and then slowly headed home. Her mind was full of the things that happened today. While Amu was walking away she only lightly touched her lips and whispered quietly so her charas wouldn't hear her:
“I've always wondered what it'd be like…”
/flashback ends here
The memory flew in front of me. It felt so real. I even slightly touched my lips. Back then I didn't understand a thing. Now…it all made sense. Even if it was late…I was happy I understood everything now. Then in a second I was in front of an old bookstore…
“Amu-chan…is this the right place?” Ran asked confused.
“Yeah it's quite dark now. I can't even see the way anymore.” - Miki was right. It was dark now. But I couldn't just go back now. I needed to continue. But where was the amusement park or at least what was left of it? And why the hell did I want to go there anyways? Could my intuition be wrong? Mum and dad were probably worried sick, but this was something I had to continue. I decided to continue left. I started running fast again. I passed Rima's house. That was a good thing! If I didn't end up finding anything I would just stay with her for the night and go back home in the morning. To my surprise I had found the place where there was once the amusement park…where I had my last goodbye with Ikuto. Another flashback went before my eyes. I could see the teacup ride and the horse one too. I could se Ikuto eating taiyaki while I was trying to make him go on a ride with me. Now foolish was I…
“Amu-chan…where do we go now?” Su asked. She may have not recognized this place, but I had. Even though it was only an empty ground now. Not even little strands of grass had grown. It was just so…empty. Only shadows among the fences.
“No, Su…we're exactly where we should be.” I simply answered.
“Here? Amu-chan I don't know if you've noticed, but this place is empty?” Ran pointed out. Guess she didn't recognize the place that was once an amusement park.
“Don't you know where we are Ran?” I smiled at her and she looked at me confusedly.
“Yes…empty place with mud everywhere. You want to grow a tree here or something?” - Ran joked around since she didn't understand what I meant.
“Hah…what about you Miki…does your artistic mind remember what was once here?”
“Who? Me? Well…I…” Miki hadn't paid attention to us. She was trying to draw the night sky.
“So none of you remember…this was an amusement park once. Does that ring a bell?”
“Ikuto!” - Ran and Su said. They finally understood why I was here.
“Yoru…” Miki started to daydream and blush. Ran and Su looked at her with their eyes twitching. Miki would always be the same I guess. Then suddenly I heard a song in the background. One of the people who lived near this place were listening to something. It was…a Nickelback song. A very touching song I had always liked. Somehow now…it fitted right into the background. It was even the instrumental version of the song. I had to sing a long. This song described my mind exactly right now. A song…from my heart. A song…for Ikuto.

♫ ♪ This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know
♪ ♫
I suddenly stopped singing then. The next words from the lyrics I said slowly without singing:
“I love you…I have loved you all along…”
Then I closed my eyes and continued with the song. I did my improvisation really. I didn't follow a certain tone.
♫ ♪ And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore
On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know
So far away
Been far away for far too long
So far away
Been far away for far too long
But you know, you know, you know
I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing…Hold on to me and, never let me go ♪ ♫
In the end all I heard were Ran, Miki and Su clapping for me. I just smiled a little and looked at them.
“Amu-chan, you were great!” Ran complimented me. She looked as if she was amazed.
“You made such an awesome improvisation of the song. It had nothing to do with the original. How artistic is that!” Miki said.
“So beautiful ~desu!” Su was holding a napkin and blowing her nose in it. I guess my song touched her. I felt so happy then. Every word of that song…I really felt it. And in my mind while singing the song…I only saw Ikuto's face. That kept me singing, that kept me going. He inspired this song…Was this what Dia meant?
“Nickelback, eh? Your taste sure has changed…” A voice behind me said. I turned around to see who it was. I couldn't believe my eyes. I just starred. This had to be a dream? Across the empty ground was Ikuto. Another dream of him…wasn't every night for four years worth enough dreams of him. My mind kept torturing me with dreams of him. But he looked so different in this one. I normally dreamt of him with the way I remembered him when he was 17. He looked…so grown up. He was surely taller…but his expression. It was the same old Ikuto. Ugh, my mind is just teasing me again.
“Another dream…Great! Just what I need - another dose of hallucinations” I saw him smirk and walk close to me.
“Now…was this song for me or did you find another lover while I was gone?” He was right in front of me. Ikuto looked so real though…but he couldn't be. He said goodbye to me and left.
“Ugh…my mind is teasing me with dreams again” I said and tried to pinch my hand so I'd wake up. Ikuto saw that and said:
“You're going to hurt yourself Amu. Don't do that…” And before he could finish a streak of blood went down my hand. This dream sure felt real.
“Ugh! See what I mean? Reckless Amu…” And he grabbed my hand and he wiped the blood away. Now his hand was covered in tiny drops of bright red blood. I looked at his face as he was trying to wipe the rest of it. His face hadn't changed at all. His eyes were the same dark blue, his hair was styled a little differently, but overall…he was the same.
“There…now would you stop pinching yourself.” He said and I looked at my hand. There was only a small wound near my knuckles.
“Then how do I wake up from this nightmare?”
“Nightmare? Am I a nightmare to you Amu?”
You're a sweet dream…but not in reality. My mind is just teasing me with you. When I wake up I'll probably be in bed and your face will stay in my face all the time. He smirked a little.
“What if this was all real?”
“I'd be the happiest girl in the world.”
“Then why aren't you?” He grinned at me. Ugh, he was teasing me.
“Because this isn't real! Ugh stop this! Just let me wake up already.”
“Ugh, Amu, Amu…” And he shaked his head. The he smirked and said:
“Guess I have to show you this is reality…Yoru, character transform.” Then I noticed Ikuto's shugo chara. In a moment he turned into black lynx. It had been a long time since I last seen him in that chara nari. In the background Ran, Su and Miki were watching in disbelief.
“Now…you up for a ride?”
“What are you…” and before I could even finish I found myself in Ikuto's hands. He had picked me up bridal style. I struggled to escape, but it was no use. He had a good 20 pounds over me. In a second he jumped up and we were in the night sky.
“Ikuto! Stop this! I mean it…I'm going to hit you.”
“Wow, I'm so scared.” He said sarcastically.
“Baka!” I screamed. I couldn't even get away from him. I would fall anyways. He was jumping on the buildings. After a few minute he said:
“Aren't your parents worried about you? It's getting late…”
“Bargh, who cares? This is all a dream anyways…” I said and put my bored face on. He only rolled his eyes as he headed to the direction of my house. Miki and the others weren't far behind us.
“You shouldn't be so reckless. Going out at this time of night.
“Mugh…”I didn't know what to answer to that really so I just grunted. But he was right though…if this weren't a dream I could have gotten into a lot of trouble. After a few minutes we were close to my house. I could see the lights on. Mum, dad and Ami were home. Ikuto landed close to the door and transformed back to himself.
“Try not to get into more trouble.”
“Yeah, yeah…”
“You're such an ungrateful damsel in distress…” - He quoted himself. Ikuto has said that 4 years ago, before he said goodbye to me…
I'll be upstairs. And then he vanished. Yeah, as if he'd be back. In my dreams he never comes back…I rang the bell and immediately my dad answered. He hugged me right after that.
“Oh, Amu-chan we were so worried about you.” My dad said as he squeezed tighter and tighter.
“Ok dad…I can't breathe…air please?”
“Oh sorry sweetie…you really scared us. Leaving with only writing a sticky note.” And dad let go of me.
“Sticky note?” I hadn't left any kind of message to them. Then I heard Miki throwing an “Opsie!” behind me. I gave her a cold look. Mum then came along and hugged me as well.
“Ok guys…can I get inside now?” I was still on the front door being squeezed to dead. Mum let go of me and I went in. Ami jumped me happily, but I just patted her hair and headed for my room. But as expected mum wanted some explanations.
“Amu even though I'm glad to see your OK, you still need to tell me where you were?
“I was outside.”
“Yes…I noticed that and…”
“Rima needed some help with a few math problems, so I decided to help her. That's all.” I lied. But this was all a dream anyways and as soon as I got to bed it would be over. It always happened like that.
“Math? That's not really your strong side.”
“Hey, friends help friends with everything they can. I had to help her.”
“Then why didn't you just write that on the note and not”Going somewhere. Be back later!” Amu that was very irresponsible of you…” I just glared at Miki. What was I suppose to day? Mum my would-be self Miki wrote that.
“Look, I'm sorry. Can I go now?”
“Fine, just don't let this happen again.” And mum walked away to the kitchen. I climbed the rest of the steps of the staircase and went inside my room. To my surprise Ikuto was laying on the bed.
“A little messy I see Amu…” He smirked at me with his eyes closed. I didn't like being teased by Ikuto especially by imaginary Ikuto…
“Oh shut up, once I lay on my bed this whole dream will be over and I'll be back to reality where things make sense.”
“Reality doesn't always make sense Amu…”
“Whatever. Just get out of my bed. I rolled my eyes. Who was he trying to fool?
“Strange… most girls would want me to stay in their bed.” He smirked yet again. Now he got on my last nerve. Stupid dream! I threw my keys at him but his reflexes were still as sharp as ever and he quickly caught them in the last second. Then I got to the bed and layed on it. It was time to end this dream once and for all.
“Laying next to me…isn't that nice…” He whispered in my ear which sends a shiver through my whole body. His voice was so beautiful.
“Shut up! Once I close my eyes you'll be gone and I'll wake up” And I did so. After a minute I opened them. Ugh! Ikuto was still there!?! Maybe this wasn't a dream after all.
“Ugh!” I fell off the bed and landed on the ground. Then I starred at Ikuto who was smirking and laughing on my bed.
“Welcome to reality, kid!” he teased me.
“I'm not a kid!”
“Oh really? Then I can do…this” - Ikuto leaned his face to mine. He was still on my bed and I was on the floor. Suddenly his lips touched mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. It was a rather hard kiss as Ikuto bit my lower lip a little. After it was over he pulled aside and continued laying on my bed as if nothing had happened. I just sat on the floor and starred at him. Was it…the realIkuto? His kiss felt real. Maybe this wasn't a dream after all.
“So…I'm not dreaming…”
“Hate to break it to you…but no.”
“Well…that's a relief”
Huh? You seemed to enjoy thinking this was all a dream… He looked away.
That's because I didn't know it wasn't.”
“So you enjoy reality more now?”
“Maybe…” That was my only answer. I couldn't believe Ikuto was here. I had to ask him what happened to him for the past four years. Had he found his father? Did he get the answers he needed? But I didn't ask him. I just wanted to stare at him. I had even forgotten I was still on the ground. Ikuto looked at the clock on the wall and said:
“Have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow.”
“You're…going?” It was really disappointing that he had to leave…I didn't want him to.
“Well yeah, I should probably tell Utau I'm here anyways.” He got up and walked to the balcony.
“Well...ok. But if you really aren't a dream then can I see you soon?” I smiled slightly.
“Sure” Ikuto smirked and he jumped from the balcony. Deep in my heart I hoped all of this were real…Ikuto to be here with me. Could all of this be true for one thing?
THE END
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
16