Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Fox's Life ❯ Ayako's Decision ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard disclaimers apply.

Slight A/U and OOCness abound. (Gomen! ^_^)

"A Fox's Life"


Chapter One: Ayako's Decision

"Akagi, we'll have a meeting with Coach Anzai at the gym later after class. Everybody should be there. It's pretty important…" Ayako mused from behind the Shohoku team captain.

Takenori Akagi towered his manager as he turned around in surprise. "Is it about the Semi-finals?"

Ayako shrugged her shoulders and smiled mischievously. "I'm not telling you anything okay? It's a surprise. I'd better go now to tell the others."

Why is the meeting so sudden? Gori kept on asking himself as he watched Ayako strut her way along the corridors.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Is everybody here already?" Coach Anzai asked them. "Very well…"

"STOP RIGHT THERE!"

All of them sweatdropped at the sound of the so-called tensai.

"You can't start this meeting without the Genius around!" Hanamichi Sakuragi was the last to come in. "Gori! You didn't even informed me that there will be a meeting…"

WHACK!

Before Sakuragi could even manage to continue his ramblings, Akagi had already smacked him right on his head by his bag. "Shut up Sakuragi! Its because you're too loud why we didn't tell you about the meeting!"

"Do'ahou."

The Tensai's ears shot up. "What did you say, Rukawa??!!"

Kaede Rukawa only grunted.

"Sit down Sakuragi!" Akagi warned.

As Sakuragi couldn't do anything but sit beside Miyagi and mumble to himself, Coach Anzai cleared his throat in signal that he will now start.

"I know you're all wondering why I called you to this meeting so sudden," he paused while looking at Ayako. He nodded for her to come forward. "Ayako will be announcing something of great importance for the Team."

The Shohoku team manager stepped in front. She smiled at the Coach before straightening up her face to look a little serious.

She looked at her shoes as if it will tell her what to say. Looking up to the Team once again, she began to speak.

"Hey guys, I just wanna tell you that I'm not going to manage you for the upcoming Semi-finals."

The players' jaw dropped one by one. Takenori Akagi unbelievingly looked at Ayako. Hisashi Mitsui couldn't believe what he had heard. Even Sakuragi and the others were dead speechless. Kaede Rukawa remained calm despite the disagreeing insights of his co-players. Kiminobu Kogure was the first to react. "How come Ayako? The games are barely just a month away! You can't possibly think of giving-up on us especially at these times when we really need you!"

Ayako blushed. She never thought she would be that important to that effect to the Team. Smiling at Kogure, she continued. "No Kogure. There's no need for all of you to feel that way! Besides, its only just for a month anyway. Miss Touka had asked me to manage the soccer team for the meantime, which I thought would be a big break since this is going to be the first time I'm going to handle a different sport other than basketball…"

Ryouta Miyagi couldn't take the shock anymore. A month? I will be not seeing Aya-chan for A MONTH? I can't do that! Gathering the strength he needs, he asked Ayako. "B-but what about m-me… I-I mean me and the Team? What will happen to us now?"

Ayako grinned. "You fool! Do you think I'm that irresponsible not to think about the implications of the things that I do? Of course there'll be somebody who'll be my replacement in the meantime!"

Sakuragi butted in. "A replacement??? And who that might be?"

"It certainly can't be Nanako Fujisaka of the Sophomores?"

"Yeah, she's too bossy. I can't stand her…"

"What about Akiko Yada?"

"I can't imagine her managing us, she's very demure-looking…"

"Hey! Rika Nai is a nice option, don't you think…?"

"Now THAT is one manager I'd like to play around with!"

The gym was drowned by the noisy laughter of the players.

Ayako shook her head. They're hopeless… She accidentally glanced at Kaede Rukawa, who was now about to doze off again from his place at the corner.

"Sorry guys, but none of your guesses are right. And for your information, Rika will be for the volleyball team," she said while arching an eyebrow to the malicious Yasuda. "Anyway, my replacement is not from Shohoku actually. Some of you might have heard about her already… and others might ACTUALLY know her."

Rukawa felt Ayako's words penetrating inside him so he unmindingly listened…

"I feel honored and grateful that she really heeded my request to manage you while I'm away for a month. We're good friends back in Tomigaoka up until now."

Everybody listened. Mitsui glanced at Rukawa at the sound of the school's name.

"But she went to the States to continue her studies and she is here for a vacation in the meantime. So, your practices are going to be Western-styled under her."

"She has more experiences than I do when it comes to managing. She has handled many provincial and national teams actually, by virtue of her Dad being a former Japan Sports Commissioner."

Rukawa's eyes grew wide. N-no… it can't be.

"We're all lucky to have her with us right now. Guys, welcome your new Manager, Ms. Michiru Akiyama…"

A petite girl walked gently towards Ayako. She shook hands with Coach Anzai who seems to know her already.

The whole team seemed bedazzled…

The lady spoke and moved in perfect finesse and grace. Her jet-black hair flows freely at her back. Wearing a black-colored blouse that emphasized more her ivory complexion and Western pants that fit right in her curves… it seemed an 'angel' has fallen from the skies…

But to Kaede Rukawa…

He felt like it was living hell.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

There you go! My Chapter One. Please do post me your reviews but be gentle! This is my first SD fic. It just crossed my mind as to whether how does it feels like to be a basketball superstar's girl… ^_^. I had a boyfriend that really resembles Rukawa in many ways. Quiet, cool, reserved… and they even look alike except for the hair coz he shaved it. It was a nice feeling to have a famous boyfriend so I thought of making a story that also has the same feeling I had during that but of course, SD-style. (But NOT ALL's like my real-life story 'kei? Just some… hehe!) So please review! THANKS! Ja ne! @_@x