Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Fox's Life ❯ Memories of What Has Been ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard disclaimers apply.

"A Fox's Life"

Chapter Six: "Memories of What Has Been..."

"... let's give another big hand for Ms. Mokori Kawamoto of Niji Junior High!"

The audience cheered as the second to the last muse waved her hand and finally walked over to her place among the other contestants. There were eleven of them all and the twelfth is yet to be summoned to the stage.

"And now, the last but simply not the least of all the muses here in our town... here is Tomigaoka Junior High's muse... Ms. Michiru Akiyama!!"

The crowd jeered upon hearing the name of the most sought-after lady in town. Indeed, she has a different face not ordinarily possessed by a mere 15-year old girl. The cheers heightened as the girl appeared from behind the stage curtain.

Michiru walked from behind the stage and posed for pictures as she made it to the center. She's wearing her cheerdancing outfit for the later competition that only revealed her voluptuous curves and velvety ivory-white skin.

"MICHIRU! MICHIRU!"

"I love you, Michiru!!"

"I'm yours honey!"

Michiru only smiled at the praises she has been hearing. Eversince she had arrived with Rukawa that morning at the gym for the opening ceremonies, the crowd and the screams seems to be getting bigger and louder by the instant. Indeed, the two had been getting a lot of attention they thought only movie stars were only capable of having.

She glanced nervously at the stage's side where her boyfriend stood proud. When their eyes met, Rukawa only nodded at her and smiled.

'Okay, I can do this...'

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Wow! Michiru! I can't believe you won again the Best Muse title for three years in a row!" Ayako heartily chatted with Michiru and Rukawa as they walked towards the gym canteen. "You we're great up there!"

Michiru gladly smiled with the compliment. "Thank you, Aya-chan. I was feeling nervous up there on the stage! You could just imagine how I trembled with the microphone..."

Ayako would not believe what she had said. "Are you crazy?! You strut up there like a pro, Mi-chan! You don't look nervous at all!"

She held Rukawa's arm in support. "Yes I was. But of course I had to pretend. You were good yourself managing our Basketball Team, weren't she, Kaede-kun?" she said eyeing on her deaf-when-there's-someone-else boyfriend playing with her fingers.

Rukawa only nodded at Michiru. It was Ayako's first time to manage the team but he admits she really knows her job, unlike her predecessors. Its great to finally have someone like Ayako to manage them. he thought the Tomigaoka Basketball team will eventually fall apart. But now they're back on track again, thanks to her.

Ayako smiled brightly. "Nah! That was nothing. Our players are great this year, I bet they can take out Kuniro and Sayo High in no time at all! I'm just there to help..." she said sheepishly.

"Speaking of them, what's the first game?" Michiru came to ask.

Looking upwards to think, Ayako thought carefully. "From what I've heard a while ago, it'll be us and Sayo High. I've heard they have their own star player by the name of Sendoh Akira there..."

Michiru grunted at the name. "Sendoh Akira? Well, that doesn't ring any bell to me! Tomigaoka will just trash the hell out of them, I'm pretty sure of it. Right Hon?" She happily smiled at her boyfriend.

Rukawa seemed surprised at the remark. "... right."

~õ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Be the best... you can be!

Set high goals for a victory!

We're aiming high... across the sky!

We'll meet the test and give it a try!!"

Michiru cartwheeled towards the center of the court and proceeded to make a split at the bottom of the pyramid. Echoes of screams and yells from girls and guys alike rummaged the while gym as the Cheerdancing competition started. As she had executed the final stance, the audience applauded from all corners and stood up in amazement of the Tomigaoka Cheer Squad. The judges were awestruck themselves from the different kind of pep and energy boost evrybody inside the gym has been giving the most talked about cheering squad, having the Best Muse and most probably the Best Cheerdancer in the whole Kanagawa province.

Kaede Rukawa was beside himself and as well as his team mates as they watch in stupefaction and proudness the grace and synchrony of their squad.

Ryokim Tanada, their Team Captain, whispered to him from his left. 'You really are one lucky guy, Rukawa, for having a girl like that!'

Masato Chiba, their forward, seconded. 'Yeah! You must be so proud of Michiru, neh?'

Rukawa only smiled to himself at the reactions and praises he's been getting from his team mates and from other people. Sometimes he would get surprised because even unfamiliar faces would come up to him just to toss a compliment or two for his girlfriend.

He can't deny the fact to himself that his girlfriend was the crowd favorite. Ever since she exposed herself in Cheerdancing three years ago, offers of modelling and school representations came flooding her phonelines, not much to his dismay. She is truly one remarkable woman--despite having a hectic and busy schedule of her own, she still makes it a point to have quality (and means REAL quality) time with him. She's a workaholic, being a member of the student council expects her to be almost in school everyday. She excels in almost anything! May it be in scholastic, extra-curricular or even in athletic fields.

Michiru is a very good volleyball player. When she first attended the try-outs, the Seniors kept an eye on her because she was extraordinary. She seemed happy while playing and at the same time doing many things for the school. But the pressure and too much work was too much for her delicate body.

They were walking home one afternoon when she almost passed out. Good thing Rukawa had gripped her arm in time to assist her. He had scooped her by his arms in one plight and helped her recover in a nearby coffee shop.

He couldn't take the anger in his heart for waiting for this to happen to her. He had expected something like this would happen and in this case, it was too soon. 'Why didn't I reminded her to take it all easy?' It was all he could say while worrying over her flushed face.

Since then, he had to take some matters in his own hands.

They had a heart-to-heart talk the next day and he told her everything he feels about her being a workaholic. There's nothing wrong with being one, but she has to make sure she still is taking care of herself. Michiru understood his point and gladly accepted his compromise. The week after she backed out from the volleyball varsity team and explained to all that her heart is actually in cheerdancing. And presently, all she meddles around with everyday are student council affairs and cheerdancing practices.

Sighing, he glanced over to Michiru who was still dancing her best for Tomigaoka...

The girls were now jogging to line in place and finally gave the audience the traditional sweep bow. Smiling for a deed well done, Michiru glanced to where her heart directed her to, and found her boyfriend staring at her with a different spark in his eyes.

The audience cheered more loudly as Michiru raised her arms and waved to the crowd as their squad disappeared towards the backstage.

~õ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Okay girls! I'm sure we're gonna bag the crown again, and that's for sure! Thanks to our practices and everybody's support, I guess!"

"Yup! I hope we did well for our Team again this time..."

"Of course! But we gotta thank our Michiru mostly for it! You saw those guys drooling over her legs? I swear! They're the most impossible things on this side of the planet!"

Laughter roared inside the Tomigaokan girls' locker room.

Michiru had already changed into a dry shirt but retained the skirt. She thinks she still might need them just in case. Clutching inside her bag, she got a bottled water from it and carelessly ripped the plastic seal apart. She drank a lot and wiped her mouth with the back of her fist. She began to think. 'I hope I did well... from now it'll be Kaede's turn to fight...'

"Michiru...?"

"Yes...?" She bolted from her seat almost dropping the bottled water. She saw her fellow cheerdancers smiling at her double-meaningly.

She sighed while arching her eyebrows. "Okay, what is it now girls?"

"Kaede-kun's outside. He said he wanted to see you..."

"Awww! That's sweet..."

"After a long day of dancing, here comes prince charming..."

Giggles and swoons came afterward.

Michiru wailed her head in disbelief. "I can't believe you, guys! Acting like little children!" She said as she got up to meet Rukawa outside, throwing the girls a menacing look while exiting the doorway.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"You're not gonna watch my first game?"

"Nope."

"W-why?"

"That's what you get for teasing me a while ago."

"What if I lose?"

"You'll never lose."

"I will not play t-then!"

"Then don't."

"I'll have Coach hunt you down till you have no choice but to watch my game,"

"Not if I can help it..."

"Mi-chan..."

"Yes Honey...?" Michiru smiled mischievously at her boyfriend. She just loves it when she sees he has to persuade her for anything. Its a wonder how Kaede Rukawa, the current No. 1 seed of Tomigaoka Junior High, one of the most-sought after heartthrobs in the region; is so helpless in front of her. All she has to do is to use a little of her unmistaken charm and... voila! The No. 1 cager is left unguarded and vulnerable at her mercy.

Rukawa sighed in retreat. "Okay, okay," he took a little step towards her and grabbed her hand. He stared directly at her eyes and spoke, "Michiru, would you give me the honor of having you watch my game that will take place just a few minutes from now?"

"Hmmm..."

"Michi!"

Michiru grinned wide. "Haha! Got ya there! Hai, of course! I wouldn't miss your game for the world, honey! What made you think I wouldn't watch you anyway?"

Fox Man answered her with a tight hug. Then he whispered to her ear, "Please pray for me, okay?"

Michiru pulled away from his embrace and knotted her head. He tugged his Tomigaoka jacket sweetly and looked up at him sheepishly. "I always do that, silly! You just don't know how nervous I'am watching you up there from the bleachers!"

"You? Nervous?"

"Any girlfriend with a boyfriend as silly as you are really has some reason to get nervous, you know," she jokingly muttered under her breath.

His brows shot up. "And what if I win this game for you? Don't I get any prize?" He said while brushing off a stranded hair from her face.

Relishing the sensation caused by his intimate gesture, she replied. "Hmm... a date perhaps...?"

"Deal." He leaned over and gave her a quick peck before he dashed to his Team's locker room.

Michiru was about to get back inside when she heard...

"Awwww! That was sooo sweeeeet...!!!"

~õ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

So much for the waffy scenes there! ^_^ **hugs teddy bear** Those are just somethings that I like about sportsfests. What about telling me your nice, waffy sportfest experience! @_@ Oh gosh... this is gonna be sooo much fun!

Please do read and review. I'm on the verge of writing an RK songfic at present so please bear with me. I find The Corrs' featuring Alejandro Sanz' song ('The Hardest Day') very, very nice and interesting to work on but I can't seem to find a nice plot for it. Got one? I'd really appreciate it very much if anybody would help. ONEGAI!!! Thanks!

Constructive criticisms and suggestions for this SD fic are very much welcome.

Till next! Ja! ^_*