Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Letter From Hisashi ❯ Letter ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Title: A Letter from Hisashi
Author:
MitsuiSelphie
Genre: shounen-ai
Archives: SDBC, probably ff.net and mm.org, but I have to think about it first. ^^
Rating: GP
Email:MitsuiSelphie@rurouni.com
Disclaimer: Charas belong to Takehiko Inoue, of course! ^^

Selphie: I know I promised a KoMitKo fic to everyone especially to the Ko-seme no Miko, Kimi-chan, but...-_- My professor told me that I still have a problem with my term paper and I have to settle my problem by tomorrow for me to be able to pass the course. Dammit! Mitsui-sama's birthday today and this had to happen...T_T Anyway, I decided to just post a ficlet for today. This ficlet is dedicated to everyone in Babble especially to all the KoMitKo fans, Kimi-chan and my friend, the Kogure-worshipper, nikki hiiragizawa. ^.^

A Letter from Hisashi


Mitsui Hisashi, Shohoku basketball club's star three-pointer, stretched his arms and picked up the pen that was lying beside his almost torn basketball shoes.

He smiled and poised the pen over the plain white stationery. The simple paper that he was almost sure he'd ignore on an ordinary day seemed very special now. It looked so serene, so peaceful, so pure...just like how he was feeling that very moment...and he has only one person to thank for that. With a feeling he was not sure on how to describe, he started to write...

Dear Min-kun,

I'm sure you'd be surprised with this letter as I have not written you one before. I miss you...I know, I know we've only been separated for but a few hours...but...it is only with you that I feel happy, like the world around me is but one big circus show.

It's strange na? That it is my birthday but I'm the one writing you a letter...but the truth is, I don't deserve any present from you. It is you that I have to give a present to, because if not for you, I'm sure I would never have played basketball again. You know basketball is my first love (don't get jealous, you know you're still most important to me ^^) and I am forever grateful to you for making me see the light again. When I was lost in the darkness...I thought everything was over...my life was wrecked, I was confused, angry, and yes, I never said this to anyone before...but I was afraid. Every morning when I open my eyes, the first thought that would pop into my mind, is if that was the day I would die. There was always this fear that I would not be able to sleep in the same bed that night...or wake up on it the next morning. The life I led had no guarantees...I wouldn't have minded it, except that, I was also lonely.

I was alone...in my own time and space, I felt alone. I had the feeling that everybody was existing in a world that was far from mine. It wasn't a nice feeling...to be alone...and I felt like that for a very long time...until one day, I looked into a mirror and realized, that I don't recognize the person looking back at me anymore. And then I asked myself, "Who am I..." I didn't even know who I was...what I wanted and desired... The dreams that I had when I was with you in the basketball club was forgotten...I wanted to remember it, my heart was urging me to remember who I was and what my desires were - but I hadn't enough willpower.

And then...you came. You came back into my life again...and little by little, I remembered my wishes and desires. I remembered who I was before I got lost in my own hatred. You made me realize...that life was truly wonderful...that the world is indeed lovely, I only need to learn to appreciate every little thing that comes in my way.

Now, it's almost time for us to say goodbye. You will be going to the university and I...well my future as you know is still uncertain. I am not intelligent enough to get into a university by my grades, like you...but this time, rest assured that I will not get lost again. Thanks to you, I now know what I want in life.

You are the greatest thing that happened to me, and I am thankful to the Lord for you. You made me realize many things...you gave me answers to questions I thought I could never answer...most of all, you made me realize who I am, right now at this moment.

I am but myself, Min-kun. I can offer you no more, but I would offer you no less. My life is full of drama - full of passions, parodies, emotions...and even if the last breath had already escaped my lips, the drama of my life would never cease to exist...infinite, indestructible, and most of all eternal.

Thank you...thank you for teaching me the meaning of the word "love" again. Thank you for making me realize that the warmth of the human touch is not like the smoldering heat of tobaccos like I thought it was. Thank you for making me realize my dreams again - for making my world whole once more.

And even though the love that you have for me makes me feel like the earth spinning beneath my feet is a bit tilted - I don't care. Because I know that if ever I lost my balance and fall, you'll always be there to remind me how lonely and afraid I was the first time I fell down. That's why...I never want to lose you again like I did before. You are special to me, Min-kun...you know you are.

Many times you had asked me, what you were in my life. You know you'd always be that special person that makes one feel aive. No, I still don't believe in soulmates, nor do I believe in fate. I don't believe that you are the other half of my soul - I am whole by myself as you are. But...what I do believe is that, even though people say that it was our destiny to be together, I still would betray all the laws for you. And I would start by telling you what you wanted to hear from me from the very start...I never told you this and I think now is the right time to...I love you, Kogure Kiminobu, with all my heart - and I would keep on loving you until the day I die...never forget, for always.

You have all my love,

Hisashi


Mitsui stared at the paper. The serenity and pureness of the white paper was gone...but somehow - it felt right. Every curve and stroke on the paper was an outpour of his deepest emotions, and he was grateful that he finally had the courage to tell the most important person in his life what he really felt.

He heard a knock on his door and he hurriedly - but carefully - folded his most precious letter and stood up to open it.

"Kombanwa, Hisashi-kun." "Min-kun..." "Are you ready?" The gentle brown-eyed boy asked with a glint of happiness on his face. "Aa..." Mitsui grinned, grabbing his worn out sneakers and closing the door behind him as he went out. "Shall we go then?" Kogure asked, reaching out his hand.

Mitsui clasped his beloved's fingers tightly between his. "Sure." He sighed and looked up at the velvety night sky. 'Yes,' he thought, 'this would be the best birthday I'll have in my whole life.' He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply as they trudged along the path of soft grass.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*OWARI~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< br>
Selphie: *sighs* Ah...there, finished. ^^ It's short and rather corny, but I feel so wonderful after writing it. ^.^ I'll write a longer KoMitKo once my term peper is finished. BTW, the last part was inspired by my friend, mihari's KoMitKo ficlet entitled "Recollections." Forgive me if there are mistakes in grammar in spelling as I tried hard to finish this in half an hour (as I have the most limited time right now T_T) and this is of course, unedited.

I'm in the middle of a crisis anyway. T_T I promised the peeps in the RuHanaRu Support Group that I'll be making the sequel to my RuHanaRu fic "Give Me A Reason" this week. I also promised another RuHanaRu fic to Aoi-sama and Keax for the SD Realms Contest. Then...I also promised a Mitsui non-yaoi to my friend, who's another Mitsui fan. And theeeennn...there's this MitKo I also promised everyone. T_T T_T T_T Dammit! Life is toooooooooo short. -_- Please wish me luck for my term paper defense tomorrow, minna-san! Once it's finished I'll have one whole month without school to worry about...then I could work on my fics AND I could finish my webpage which is looooooong overdue. T_T

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MITSUI-SAMA!!!!!!

~MitsuiSelphie

RuHanaRu No Seishi
Mitsui no Seishi
Ko-seme no Seishi
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/RukawaLoveHanamichi/