Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Complete Opposites ❯ Complete Opposites ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

XiReN: My very first Fanfiction! Yay!

GJeiSlaTe: Hyperactivity here we come! --

XiReN: Rukawa-sempai! Aishiteru! . Kisses the TV screen as Rukawa appears!

GJeiSlaTe: 0o Tries to pry XiReN off the TV

XiReN: After GJeiSlaTe manages to get her off Hey! Looks at GJeiSlaTe evilly, then goes back to look at the people around Anyway, I'm new here! Inside the parenthesis () are my comments, it's ok if you don't wanna read it. I hope you guys like this!

Disclaimer: By the way, all the characters here are owned by the great Takehiko Inoue! But Sendoh Ayane is mine! Enjoy!

CHAPTER I

"Watch it!" she yelled at me when I almost run over her with my bike outside the public basketball court. I stared at her in disbelief. Shouldn't she be running after me like nuts right about now? (Isn't he conceited… --)

"What's the hell is the matter with you? Riding a bike half asleep!" I could feel people staring at us, at her and her unusual reaction towards me. (I really don't know what Rukawa thinks about, so I'm just making stuff up as I go! 000)

"I'm sorry?" I said my eyes wide with shock that a GIRL would yell at me angrily, aside for Ayako-san.

"Was that an apology? You sure don't sound so sorry!" she picked up her bag and the sports jacket she dropped and stomped away. It's as if she didn't know who I am. I noticed the jacket was that of Ryonan's. I stared at it as she flung it over her shoulder.

"Sendoh…" I read the name printed on it. Is she his girlfriend?

"Whoa! I can't believe it! A girl who's immune to Rukawa Kaede's charm!" I heard Ayako behind me.

"You are too, remember?" I snapped.

"Well, yes, you're right about that. She IS another one!" Ayako waved a finger.

"He almost ran over me!" I told my brother, Sendoh Akira as I sat down on his bed.

"He's like that, falling asleep on his bike!" he laughed. "But you should see him on a court! Man, he sure gave me a hard time in the practice game!"

"I can't believe that he's the one you've been telling me about that's so good in basketball!" I rolled my eyes.

"Believe it, Sendoh Ayane! He's one of my greatest rivals! You've been in the USA for far too long!" he patted me head.

"I'm not a kid anymore, Akira!" I pushed his hand away.

"You'll always be my baby sister!" he hugged me. "Now, let's go out for a little exercise?"

"Do I have a choice?" I allowed him pull me out of his room and out of the house.

"Rukawa!" I turned to see who called me. It was him, Sendoh Akira with the girl from this morning. I watched her, obviously, she didn't like me. She was still mad from this morning.

"You've met my sister this morning, right?" he asked me. Sister? (Duh! Didn't he just say that?)

"Almost ran over me would be more appropriate to describe the event that occurred this morning!" she folded her arms across her chest and turned slightly to her left.

"I said I was sorry…" I murmured.

"Oh, was that an apology?" she repeated her words from this morning, this time her voice stained with sarcasm.

"Girls!" I turned away from them. I could feel her eyes boring through the back of my head.

"Well, excuse me for being a girl! I can't believe after all these years sexual discrimination still applies!" she complained, forcing her voice to be annoying. But it wasn't. Her voice betrayed her, instead of sounding annoying, she sounded mature. Making so much sense of the words she used. I turned to glare at her, she returned the favor and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Ooook… I can see you two had a bad start, so what do you two say about starting over?" Sendoh Akira suggested, stepping between us. "Rukawa, this is my sister, Ayane. Aya, this is Rukawa Kaede!"

"Fine!" She uncrossed her arms, dropping her gaze and held her hand out. "I guess no harm was done…"

"Hi…" I muttered, accepting her hand in mine. Her hand, it's so soft and so warm. I peered at her, looking straight into her deep blue eyes, also taking note of her beautiful ebony black hair and that's she's so gorgeous… WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?! Since when have I thought of a girl being beautiful?! I'm loosing my sanity...

"Hello? You can let go of me now!" she tugged her hand away; I blinked and shook my head slightly to rid myself of the previous thought.

"He's acting weird…" I whispered to my brother. (Doesn't he always?)

"He's always weird…" (My thoughts exactly!) Akira whispered back as the both of us looked at Rukawa switch his attention back to his prior activity.

"Hey!" I called him. He turned slightly just enough so he can see me.

"One-on-one?" I challenged. He turned his whole body towards us and looked at me as if I were insane.

"With you?" he quirked an eyebrow at me. Who the hell does this guy think he is? (Conceited isn't he?)

"Why? Is the Super Rookie afraid to loose to a girl?" I smirked, looking straight into his eyes.

"Fine!" he said after a shrug and tossed the basketball to me.

"Ok, this is going to be fun!" my brother smiled as he took a seat on one of the benches.

"First one to score twenty-five?" I said, putting the ball on the ground and tied up my hair.

"Whatever…" he answered taking his position on the three-point arc opposite me. I picked up the ball and started to dribble towards him.

She started towards me, smiling challengingly. Does she think she can pass me? I held my ground as she picked up speed. I followed her movements as she did several crossover moves to loose me. She didn't of course.

She gave up on crossovers and stood up straight. Before I knew it she shot a three-pointer! I was so preoccupied with defending her attack to the basket that I completely forgot that there are other ways for her to score.

"The first three points are for me!" she winked at me after the ball went in. Too early for celebrations, girl, that's just three points.

I scored a lay-up on her. I guess she's a little bit weak on defense. But she did give me a hard time because she was really trying hard to take the ball away. I did almost loose the ball.

"Hey, you're fast!" she said. Duh! Was my thought. Am I not one of the best players in Kanagawa? (His head is full of hot air!)

It was her turn again. I observed her movements a bit closer this time. She attacked again, faster than she did before. I stayed with her, convinced that she'll try a crossover on me again. But to my surprise, she stopped in the middle of her move to dribble between her legs twice before pulling up for a mid-range jump shot.

"Yes!" she raised a fist when it went in.

"You ripped that off Sendoh!" I looked at her. (Remember Sendoh's move in the Shohoku vs. Ryonan game? Actually, it was originally Rukawa's. But let's just give it to Sendoh for the sake of this sequence! )

"Well, I am a Sendoh, and we do share our moves!" She said, a matter-of-factly.

"Whatever!" I picked up the ball and dribbled it so we can get back to the game.

"Well, it comes down to this! One more shot and lucky for you it's your shot!" I informed him. Our score was twenty-four for me and twenty-three for him. If I can steal the ball I win, it's worth a try.

I kept with him, poking the ball in any possible angle I can get to it. But he stuck to it like glue. Maybe he finally got impatient and sped past me and slammed the ball into the hoop. After landing on the floor he looked at me triumphantly.

"You win!" I admitted, smiling forcibly. "I guess that's the disadvantage of being a girl. We can't jump high enough to challenge a dunk nor are we strong enough to block it!"

"Thanks," he said lifelessly. Strode towards a tree, picked up his bag and left.

"He isn't very happy!" I quirked an eyebrow at his retreating form.

"Ayane, Rukawa Kaede rarely shows his feelings!" my brother laughed as we both walked out of the court.

"More like never!" (000 How true!)

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

XiReN: Well, that's all for now! I'll be back! Got's to study! Ja ne, Rukawa-kun! .

GJeiSlaTe: Here we go again! 000