Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Double Standards ❯ Switching Places ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks Dorina for reviewing, I am updating this just for you. ^_^

Chapter 2: Switching Places

They both stared wide mouth and eyed at each other unable to speak as if cat's caught their tongue. Iris then remembered that while falling backwards on her ass she threw her plate of food up into the air. She looked up to see what happened to it.

Kotori had never been so frightened out of her life before stared at the girl she remembered she saw in the newspapers after school today. Suddenly that girl just looked up the sky as if expecting something to come down and all of a sudden she realized what the hell it was when she felt a glass plate hit her head so hard that she was surprised her skull didn't crack open and worst, was all sort of food splattered on top of her head. Too stunned to say anything, she sat there dumbly.

Without meaning to, Iris broke out laughing looking at the waitress with her head decorated with some sushi, fresh salmon, salad and most dreadfully, some noodle was dangling at the side of her head making her look like she had a mop on her hair.

"What is so funny?" Kotori yelled, finally getting over with her shock.

"Oh, sorry, you should see yourself!" Iris said still laughing. She was laughing so hard she was clutching her stomach. "You look like a walking buffet!"

"If you don't want my fist crushed down your jaw, you better shut up!" Iris retorted.

"Ok, ok!" Iris finally tried to stop her laughter to look at the waitress before her. "I'm Iris Kanzaki. You may call me Iris."

"I know," Kotori mumbled. "Everyone knows you… anyways, I am Kotori Sumire. You can call me Kotori."

"Sumire?" Iris eyes widened. "You own the best catering company in Kanagawa?"

"Yeesh, you noticed." Kotori shrugged wiping some grease off her glasses and put it on again. "No big deal, my father owns it actually. I wouldn't be surprise if nobody knows who the hell I am. Not like you, your face shows up in practically all the magazines every month. Besides that you are in the front page of today's newspaper."

"What's new…?" Iris rolled her eyes and inclined her head looking at Kotori intently. "Why don't you go clean up? You can use my bathroom."

"What? You got to be kidding? I'm just a working girl here!"

"What's wrong with it, no harm to it and I think you are around my age aren't you?"

"Year 1…"

"See, I'm in year 1 too, studying in Shoyo High."

"I study in Shohoku…" Kotori mumbled.

Iris pulled Kotori up to her feet and dragged her indoors avoiding the ball room to save Kotori the embarrassment to be seen by the guest with noodles, and other assorted food on her head.

Soon clean and fresh Kotori stepped out from the adjoining bathroom in Iris's room. Iris was cleaning off the makeup on her face and letting her hair loose down her back.

"Aren't you going back to the banquet?" Kotori asked.

"Nah, told Remi that I'm too tired and I have school tomorrow. My mum would take care of the rest of the guest."

Kotori nodded slightly taking off her glasses to wipe off some sprinkles of water lingering on the glass. That was when Iris stared at her oddly with her head inclined. Now that Kotori had no noodle dangling around her head or any other food, she looked somewhat familiar.

"What?"

"Come over to the mirror for a moment."

"What's wrong?" Kotori asked putting on her glasses again. "Is something still on my face or head or something?"

When Kotori stood before the full length mirror with Iris at her side, she looked at their refection blankly where else Iris's eyes widened with surprised. She reached over to Kotori and pulled her glasses off her face.

"Hey! I need that to see!"

"Look, Kotori…"

"What?"

Kotori squirted her eyes to look at their reflections and she gasped. She looked like Iris, now without her glasses and with her hair down and Iris looked like her without her makeup and all.

"This is creepy…"

"You can say that again!"

Iris put on Kotori's glasses and tied up her hair she smiled and turned to face Kotori.

"So, how do I look?"

"Scary!!!!"

"I mean, do I look like you?"

"With a freaking yes!"

Smiling cheerfully Iris took off her glasses and turned back to the mirror. She was tired of having a popular life. She was sick of doing whatever her mother asked her to do and worst of all she hate to see that Jerk not to say have to work for his father's company for the entire year. She had a plan!

"Kotori, I want to ask you something!"

"What?"

"What do you think of your life? Aren't you tired of it? Bored of it? Sick of it?"

"Why?"

"Do you want to switch places?"

"What? Are you crazy, we can never pull it off!"

"Why not?"

"Because we are totally different! You know the latest fashion. My clothes are like from the feudal era. I don't know how to makeup, I don't style my hair and most of all I don't know how to be a model! I am dead clumsy. I would trip on my own foot while I'm walking! The only thing I'm good in and will never trip over is when I have a tray in my hand!"

"I can teach you!"

"You would be a hundred years old before I would learn all that!"

"Look here, it's not that difficult! All you have to do is try! Don't you want to know how I lead my life? The popularity, all my fans and being beautiful?"

"Why are you giving all this up then? If you are saying it as if it is so great."

"I'm not giving up my life. I just want to know how to lead a normal life! For once!"

"It sounded kind of interesting the way you put it."

"Would you trade places with me?" Iris gave Kotori her best puppy eyes she could muster. "Please… just for a month!"

"Oh..." Kotori sighed. "All right, what is it I have to do…"

"For starters, do you have contact lenses?"

"I do, it's just that I hate wearing them." Kotori put back on her glasses after Iris handed it back. "To make me put them into my eyes, the thought of it just…" She shuddered at the thought.

"Well, from now on, you will…" Iris smiled.

_______________________________________________________________ ________________

The next day after school at Kanzaki's resident.

Iris's room

Dressed in Iris clothes, wearing contact lenses and had her hair styled. Kotori couldn't believe the change over. She looked exactly like Iris!

Iris still holding the comb and scissors admiring her master piece, grin broadly.

"See I told you it will work."

"I don't know…" Kotori left very uncomfortable in her clothes, makeup and a beautiful styled hair. She never knew her hair could shine and be so soft like this. After cutting off all the split ends and had it shampooed and conditioned, it was really a miracle change over.

"Don't worry you will be fine!" Iris smiled putting her hand around Kotori's shoulder. "Your modeling job is all scheduled! All you have to do is follow them. Mother will always come up with a prefect schedule and everything always goes smoothly! Once a week we have this meeting with reporters, always give them a big smile and you don't really have to answer their questions! Socializing with the board on Friday nights and reading fan mails on Sundays! See everything is very simple and planed out! You can go to the gym anytime you are free!"

"Easy for you to say!"

"Anyways, what am I to do in your part?"

"Well, you don't need to care about your looks and your clothes for starters." Kotori answered. "I don't really care about it, so you will just have to pretend it is beneath you…"

"Alright, I think I can do that!"

"Oh yes, and there is a group of girls in school I would advice you to stay away from."

"Why?" Iris looked at Kotori bewilderedly. "They will eat me alive?"

"Worst…" Kotori smiled painfully. "Well, I call them `H.A.G' for `Hell of Atrocious Girls'. They always around this boy who is a basketball star in my school, `Salivate Face'…"

"You sure have a lot of nicknames for people…"

"They deserve them! Anyways, my life is very simple…"

They talked through the night to be prepared for their big performance that awaits them the next day in school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>

Well, I am not sure when I will put up the next chapter, but I will try to put it up soon.

The next chapter will be Kotori and Iris having their first big performance in their so call new beginning in a new school. We will see how it goes okies. Can they pull it off, or not!