Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Double Standards ❯ Disagreements ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks Seiya for the reviews hope u like this chapter…

Chapter 4: Disagreements

Shohoku (Iris)

"Sumire, I am surprised at you." The math teacher talked to her during break. "What happened? You usually would be able to do all the sums I put up on the board. Why can't you answer any of them today?"

Iris remained silent. She never knew that Kotori was that smart in class and had no idea the teachers love to ask her to demonstrate her work in front of the class too. The teacher stared at Iris intently and sighed.

"Well, I will expect a better performance tomorrow Sumire, remember to revise when you get home."

"Yes, sensei…"

Iris walked out the teacher's room rolling her eyes. She would be caught dead studying for algebra. Damn Kotori, she should have warned her about her academy results in school. If she was expecting her to be a smart ass and a nerd there was no way she could do that.

Now where is the public phone?

She looked around the corridor and saw the boy with black messy hair she met this morning on the pink bicycle.

"Salivate Face!" She called out and mentally kicked herself. It was certain that that wasn't his name and damn Kotori for not telling her his real name. She can't call someone by his nickname and ask for directions.

Rukawa looked at that girl who usually falls flat on her face waving at him and called him `Salivate Face'. He frowned slightly at her statement and walked on ignoring her.

"Ato… hey… I didn't mean to call you that!" Iris ran after him. "I just need to know where the public phone is! Is there one in the school?"

Rukawa stopped walking on the spot and turned to look at the girl as if she was mad. He knew that she wasn't a new student. Doesn't she know where the hell the school public phone is?

"Damn Sumire, I told you many times not to go near our Rukawa-sama!!!!!"

Iris heard a huge group of girls shouting at her. She blinked, turned to the direction and saw a group of girls, with their hair styled and had makeup on their faces shooting daggers at her. Instantly she figured they were `H.A.G' that Kotori had told her to distance herself from them.

"I was just asking for directions!" Iris replied pretty shocked that those girls were so protective over this boy, Rukawa? That is his name? Who cares!

"Don't give us stupid excuses, you are here in the school long enough to know your way around!" A girl that looked like the leader of the girl spoke spitefully. "Just admit it that you are trying to speak to him and flirt with him!"

"NANI!!!!" Iris flared glaring back at them.

Rukawa quirked his eyebrows slightly, watching the girl in glasses. He had noticed her in the school corridor before and she usually never took any notice of him nor come to the basketball practice, not as if he cared anyway. He never bothered about anything but basketball. Basketball was his life, and nobody was going to get in the way between him and the world of basketball.

He was quite skeptical at what Chiro the leader of the cheerleading squad had said but, it was true that she had been in Shohoku long enough to know her way about. Let's see how she was going to defend herself.

"I Iri… I mean, I Kotori Sumire, need to flirt with boys!!!!" Iris shouted back at them. "Well, back up and smell the real world, H.A.G, I am sure when I dated the first best looking boy in the world, you girls don't even know how to put on lipstick!"

With that she turned away with her head held high and walked off.

"…." Rukawa stared at Iris's retreating back with surprised. A girl who runs away when `Hag' teases her was sure really bold today. But what was with the lipstick?

"How dare she embarrass us in front of Rukawa-sama?" Chiro cried heatedly staring at Iris retreating back. "She is going to pay!!!!"

That girl has the nerves. Iris thought furiously.

Shoyo (Kotori)

Kotori stared down at her cheese burger miserably during break in the cafeteria, sitting alone at an empty table. She couldn't believe that Iris was this bad in her academy results. If only she had told her about it, she wouldn't even dream of trading places with her. She hated it when the teachers sneered at her and made her go for remedial classes when she very well know that she doesn't need all that.

"I am Kotori Sumire, I don't need remedial classes…" Kotori mumbled under her breath.

"Iris," Miki called and sat down opposite her. "What is with the face? And what the hell are you eating?"

"Cheese burger…" Kotori answered tonelessly.

"Yew!!!!" Milan joined the table then. "I can't believe you will eat those stuffs!!!!"

"Are you alright Iris?" Aiko asked taking her seat next to her. "What about watching your weight?"

"Why must I watch my weight?" Kotori looked up blankly. "It is not like I needed to go on a diet or something."

Miki, Milan and Aiko looked at her as if she was an alien from out of space.

Kotori looked at the girls and at the food they had on their tray, she blinked; Salad? Those these girls even know what real foods are?

"Iris, are you sure you are feeling alright?" Miki asked putting her hand on her forehead.

"I…" Kotori sighed inwardly and picked up her burger. "I'm alright, I'm just really hungry today. So might as well just eat what that can get you filled up."

The three girls made a disgusted face when she bit into her burger though she ignored them and continued eating. The faster she finishes, the faster she can get out of there.

Fujima who was sitting on the next table with his team turned to Kotori in surprised. She was sure acting weird today. First, she thanked him this morning without even giving it a second thought. Now, she said that she was really hungry and eating cheese burger? And what was with the gloomy face. She was usually the happiest during break, and couldn't stop talking about her modeling shots and catwalks with her friends.

"So let's skip class after break," Milan suggested, with her eye twinkling mischievously. "Besides, we are never good in bio class anyway, asking us to diagnose a frog or some kind of unspeakable things. To think that we will do something like that."

Kotori nearly choked on her food. Skip class?

"Yeah, I was thinking of the same thing." Miki nodded.

"So where shall we hang out this time?" Aiko asked.

Kotori finished her food and stood up abruptly. The three girls turned to her in surprised.

"I'm going to the library." She said sounding slightly annoyed.

"The library?" Miki repeated astounded.

"You never go to the library before!" Milan added in looking at her strangely.

"And it's break time!" Aiko piped in.

Kotori could mentally kick herself for blustering out loud she was going to the library.

"Well, I …uh…" Kotori tried to think of something to cover it up. "I mean, well the teacher wanted me to go the library during break…"

"Since when do you start listening to a teacher?" Miki narrowed her eyes at her.

"Never mind…" Kotori mumbled and walked off and stumbled slightly before she straightened up and quickly dashed out the cafeteria hoping nobody had seen her.

Fujima frowned slightly watching her leave the cafeteria. He had heard the whole conversation and he was dumbfounded. The Iris Kanzaki was going to the library, eating cheese burger and stumbles when she walks?

Kotori went back to class to get some of her books to revise when she heard a ringing sound coming from the bottom of Iris's bag. She blinked and searched through the things Iris had packed for her, compact powder, a few tube of lipsticks and a compact blusher. Some notebooks and stationary, in the mess she found a cell phone at the bottom of the bag ringing. She took it out with surprised.

"Iris brings a cell phone to school?" Kotori muttered and answered. "Moshi moshi?"

"Kotori, why never did you tell me that you are an ace student in your class!"

She heard Iris voice yelling at the other side of the phone. She quickly placed the phone away from her ear, thinking that her eardrum had just exploded.

"ARE YOU STILL THERE?!!!"

"You don't need to shout!" Kotori answered after a short pause. "I can hear perfectly well!"

"You really made a hell of a day for me!"

"What do you mean?" Kotori retorted finally anger seeping in as she remembered how humiliated she was when the teachers accused her for not doing her homework. "You never did your homework, landed yourself in remedial classes!!!! How do you think I feel!!!!! I have a feeling you are really proud of yourself being a baka in school!!!!"

"How dare you call me BAKA?!!! You NERD!!!!"

"Yes I admit that I am a nerd!" Kotori shouted back. "So what? Is it against the law to be smart or something?!!!"

"Don't ruin my reputation when you are at my place, Kotori!!!!"

"Your reputation as a what? A baka?"

"NANI!!!!"

"You better don't mess up my academy results, Iris! I mean it… I worked hard for it!!! I am planning for a scholarship after high school to enter the University of Kanagawa, which is one of the top Universities!!!!"

"Sheeeshh, like that is the biggest thing in the world!!!" Kotori could imagine Iris rolling her eyes. "You better don't mess up my potential of a super model!!!!"

"Look we agreed on switching places! We have to try to fit in!!! It looks like it isn't working that well!!! I don't get along with your friends!!!! Why don't we switch back?"

"Like I get along with yours!!!"

"Iris I am serious let's switch back!"

Iris panicked for a moment at the thought of switching back. She wanted her plan to work. She didn't want to switch back even she had to take a role as a nerd. She needed a break in her life.

"We can't!!!! Look I will take back whatever I said about you earlier ok. I haven't even been home to your house yet!!! To see how you live!!!!"

"Iris, it is a lot of responsibility in my place!!!!! I mean it, you can't handle it!!!!"

"Look, we agreed on this for a month, so just get on with it alright!!!!"

"Iris…" Kotori frowned when she was greeted with an engaged tone from the other side. Iris had already hung up on her. "Damn… Iris, you better take my role seriously."

_______________________________________________________________ ________________

Next chapter will be more on Fujima and Sumire… let's see how it goes. Remedial class chapter 5