Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions: Broken Circle ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author Notes: Wow I'm actually updating this fic. I thought I wouldn't be writing for a long time, seeing school just started about a month ago again and all. But I wrote something and I thought 'why not put it up? Somebody might even want to read it'. So here it is.

Reviewers:

rurouni - Thank you for your comment, it motivated me to write more when I read it.

super rookie - You flatter me, I'm sure its not that good, as opposed to some other works out there, I'm not even sure why you read this.

kimi-chan - Thank you, I got your e-mail and can you try to guess and see who you are from now on?

Nellie - I've been keeping you waiting for a long time..never fear! Now that I'm back and writing, Fujima will appear soon. P.S. I got your note you want to be a character? I need your describtion of your character.

fehrocious - Don't worry, I have my plans to keep you in here for a looonnggg time...heheh. But I need you to either leave me a review or send me an e-mail of your describtion so I can put you in somewhere.

Han - I don't know in what direction this fic will turn to, but it'll be fun to find out eh? ^_^

cookies - Here's the next chapter for you!

nicki - You have just left me the longest and most insightful review so far O_o. And hm...and thank you for your suggestion...*thinks* now if I do this and this and that....

Yaoi Faerie - Here's more Rukawa for you at your request! >.< I wonder how you found this work buried under all those people who actually update... p>Chapter Five


She could hear the beats of a ball on hard wood floor.

" Is that very smart?"

She turned at the voice to see that someone half hidden in the shadows, the profile was familiar to her but not quite, and she remembered every single time that she had meet those distinctive brown eyes before. She remained at her spot of the gym wall and leaned against it, remaining quiet and waited for the rest of the sentence.

" You amaze me every time." The voice spoke with amusement, " Basketball was always a sport he liked, but then he got so involved with it, it became a subject that was almost always on his mind. I couldn't stand it." Frustration was clear in the words, but amusement over took the voice again. "Yet here you are, loving and pining away for those basketball nuts. I have to say it again, you are amazing."

" Not really." She murmured, " It just proves I'm a victim to my emotions."

" Really?" the voice was mild, " Then I have to applaud you, to be able to go about it as you have."

She remained silent and looked to the ground, clutching her handbag in her hands; she bounced it with her knees to get rid of some of the nervous energy she had stored in her until she heard a sigh.

" I better be going to class now. I'll see you around sometime. Ja." And with that, she looked up to see the figure turning around to walk away from her and towards the main building of the school.

" Eisei! Eisei!" a new voice shouted and she turned to her left to see her green-eyed friend running towards her, the purple streaks in her hair shining bright in the sunlight. " There you are, I've been looking all over for you!"

" Ohayo Misui." She replied.

Her friend roll her eyes and opened her mouth to say something but then stopped, something in the corner of her eye catching her attention.

Misui's eyes widened and turned back to meet hers in half shock " Is that-"

" Yes." She calmly answered.

" What was she doing over here?" Misui asked.

" She saw me and wanted to talk to me I guess."

Misui blinked, " Isn't she rumored to be-"

" Yes."

" But didn't he-"

" Yes."

" And wasn't he-"

" Yes."

Questions marks whirled around Misui's head, " And you-"

" Yes Misui." She decided to take pity on the poor confused girl and patted her on the head, " It's okay Misui. Everything's okay."

" But it's not okay!" Misui protested. " You-I mean he-and she-"

" It's okay Misui." She said sincerely.

Misui blinked once, twice, three times. " ARG! You people are seriously one of a kind!"

Eisei bit back a smile at the face her friend was making, " Why were you looking for me Misui?"

Her friend sighed and decided to give up her current train of thought, least she fried her brain. She brought herself back to the answer what Eisei had asked, and immediately sobered up. " Kara wanted me to make sure you were okay. Are you okay?"

" I'm fine." She responded and pushed herself off the gym wall, when her heard the cheered around the corner getting louder " Let's get to class now."

Misui sighed, giving up, and walked back to the main building with Eisei before classes began. She gazed at her friend with sad, angry eyes, which Eisei either didn't see or ignored. {Well at least I tried Kara.} Misui thought.

Eisei ignored the look her friend was giving to her and remained stubbornly silent all the way across the schoolyard. They want to help her, she knew that…but they just didn't know how.

The faint cries of cheers being left behind, as they walked farther away from the gym.

" Ru-ka-wa! Ru-ka-wa! You're number one Ru-ka-wa!"

~~~~~~~~~~

" Sempai!"

Amidst a crowd of black haired girl sannensei (third year students), she turned at the sound of the words, recognizing the voice of the call. Short brown hair brushed against her cheeks, glasses magnified brown-almost peach eyes and standing a bit taller than the other girls around her, she saw her target approaching.

Blonde hair flying as she ran, twisting her skinny body in each and every direction to avoid getting hit, shining purple eyes flitted back and forth from by-standers to her goal. Boys stopped their walk to stare and comment teasingly to their immobile friends.

" Anko-sempai!" Kara said quite breathlessly as she finally reached her friend, chest heaving and her legs a bit wobbly.

" Seimei-san." She replied to the second-year, " What are you doing on the third floor? If you get caught you'll be in trouble."

" If, Anko-sempai." Kara pointed out. " If."

The surrounding sannensei laughed while she merely rolled her eyes, " Hai, hai Seimei-san. What is it you were looking for me for?"

The second-year's eyes became serious at that and purple looked into peach-brown, " I was just wondering, how much longer?"

Is the wait almost finished?

She felt a smile tug at her lips, " Almost. Almost."

Kara nodded, then turned to leave in the direction she had came from, " Alright then. See ya."

" See ya." She called back out to the girls retreating back.

" What was that all about?" Her friend asked, confused.

" Nothing." She replied walking to the doorway of her morning class, " Just something we betting on."

" Betting?" her friend repeated wide -eyed and locked eyes with the other astonished girls around her, " Anko? Betting?"

" Hey wait up Anko! You owe me the whole story!" With that, they chased their brown haired friend into the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~

She waited for him, ignoring the fact that she would be late for her own class and leaned against the wall, waiting. He might not even show up, he seemed to love to sleep on the rooftop and skip classes, but she would wait. She would wait the whole day if it meant he would not show up, not come through the corridor, not pass by her and into the class.

Not touch her.

Not speak to her.

Not see her.

Sani waited patiently, standing in silence and listening to the quiet in the hallway, absolutely content. Class would start soon and if she didn't leave and get on her way, she would be late and she would be punished, but she waited.

But then she heard it. The footsteps.

How unfortunate.

Pushing herself away from the wall she brushed off the invisible dust off her skirt, looking absentmindedly busy. She pulled the silver hair clip off the cuff of her sleeve and pinned her black bangs out of her face, so they would stop annoying her.

The footsteps continued.

She blew up at the tendril that escaped the binds and was impatient as she re-clipped it. She was starting to regret her the haircut she had gotten before the school year started. Why had she done it again? Eisei hadn't wanted to cut her hair alone.

The footsteps sounded just about the right weight.

Well the cut was that bad, in fact she now that she thought about it, she liked it. She and Eisei picked it out together; they had spent 2 hours in the saloon flipping through books to find the exact styles they wanted.

The foot appeared in her line of vision trailed by the following second foot.

She lifted her head up, her bangs finally out of her way looked at the figure passing by her. " Rukawa-kun."

She watched the body stop, fight its one second of indecisiveness and surveyed him slowly turn towards her.

" Kiboo-san." He said, a flash of recognition flying by in his eyes.

" You remember me?"

What a useless question, of course he remembered her, she hadn't chased after him instead she had kept the wild fan girls away from him. Until his opinion on most girls, he could actually learn to get along with Kiboo Sani.

She watched slowly as he nodded. " Yes. And thank you."

She nodded back. " You're welcome."

" Shouldn't you be at class Kiboo-san?" He wondered why she had seeked him out, she had never done it before, unless it had been to help him get away from the mob of fan girls or it was in the gym, where she had gone to watch him play basketball.

" No real reason." She said, smiling at him. And then she started to walk away, her back facing him. " Last year's end of the year Athletic Party had been great."

Athletic Party? But she hadn't attended.

She had already turned the corner before he got around to say anything.

*******

Hiasobi - It took me a long time to get this chapter out, the next one won't take as long (I hope). Plase don't forget to review!