Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ lost and found ❯ lost and found ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: this is a totally brand new series; it's going to be based on Slam Dunk. But before I go into details on how I'm going to do it, I'm thinking of re-watch the series before writing and I needed time to plan. Therefore this is just a foreword. See you soon!

Title: lost and found

Genre: comedy/general/romance

Rating: PG-13

Pairing: Fuji/Hana (michi)

Plot: Fujima Kenji and Sakuragi Hanamichi were childhood playmates, however due to unforeseen circumstances. Hanamichi is forced to move away from the neighbourhood hence the both of them lose contact ever since.

Prologue

10 years ago…

The sun shone brightly through the dimly lit room, a boy about the age of 5 is staring aimlessly upon the tightly closed bedroom door. A fore brooding sense of doom loomed over him, the endless quarrels and fighting of his parents can be heard throughout the house. At the tender age of 5, his heart and spirit have undergone tremendous emotional stress. At his age, he should be enjoying his childhood life and not dreading every seconds of his life. He looked all over his room, his sight fall upon a photo frame. The photo frame held a photo showing two boys, both smiling widely towards the camera screen. A hint of smile could be seen tugging at the corner of his lips as he saw the picture `Fujima' he thought. His first and only friend that he'd made in this neighbourhood. The only person whom he shared his thoughts and dreams with, his only comfort which sheltered him from his unbearable life. However, it won't last for long after all, his parents are finally getting a divorce. Although they have not said anything about it yet… he knew. He'd overheard it during one of their fight the previous night, his parents had apparently thought him to be asleep but he's not. He had been busying himself with his nightly routine when he heard a vase crash followed by his parents yelling and finally, his mother had suggested a divorce.

Although he was young, he's not naïve. He knew what a divorce meant; it meant that his parents were going to be separated. After all, this is a pretty common sight especially when one-quarter of his classmates originated from single family. One week later, their house was sold. His mother left him alone with his father for Australia whereas his father moves to a shabby area, renting an apartment with only a room, tiny kitchen and bathroom. They'd been staying there ever since. Although his mother had sent him money every year, his father had forbidden him to use it. As he grew up, he became defiance and eventually became a gangster. Finally, his father died of a heart attack leaving him all by himself. During his father funeral, his mother never came back. Not even once.

10 years later…

Finally, the time comes for him to begin his high school journey. He managed to get into Shohoku high together with his friend, Youhei and gang. Eventually, he became infatuated with Haruko Akagi and even joins the Shohoku basketball team for her sake. When he found out that Haruko likes Rukawa, he went all out to treat Rukawa as a rival and even nickname the latter as `kitsune' which meant fox in Japanese. Soon, it will be time for them to play against Shoyo High within the district tournament. However, what he didn't realize at that point of time is that fate has it coming for him.

To be continuing…

Chapter 1- A familiar face.

Fujima and Hanagata were at the indoor stadium watching a game between Shohoku and Jintsubu, when someone caught his attention. Standing at a height of 188 and with that head of bright red hair, Sakuragi Hanamichi is not someone to be miss easily. From the moment, he stepped onto the court he had unintentionally caught the attention of Fujima Kenji, captain and coach of Shoyo Basketball team. Hanagata peered at his best friend, Fujima closely. He noticed that the latter had an intense look on his face; he caught his gaze and look over to the source which caught Fujima attention and felt bewildered.

`What's so special about this red head? Why is Fujima feeling so strong about him?' Hanagata couldn't help but wonder. At the same time, the same thought keep flashing within Fujima Kenji's mind.

`Could it be? Can it really be him? No…it couldn't be…but that bright red hair…no one else can have that sort of hair. From what I knew, his hair colour was inherited by his mother side of the family as his mother came from Australia.'

Even when the game had ended, the same thought keep swirling within Fujima Kenji's mind. Irregardless, how he tried to ignore the question it still ended up coming back to him. As the game against Shohoku neared, he felt his whole mind filled with questions. The feeling is so strong that he almost missed the question made by Hanagata.

"Ne, Fujima! Did you hear what I said a moment ago?" Hanagata waved his hand in front of Fujima, trying to gain the latter attention.

"Eh? What?" Fujima asked as he was startled out of reverie.

"I'm asking you, what time is our practice going to end today… after all, our match against Shohoku is tomorrow." Hanagata

repeat his question with hint of exasperation and weariness in his voice.

"Well, I suppose we could end it now. We need all the rest we can get." Fujima replied automatically. While Hanagata dismissed the fellow members of the team, his thoughts went back to Sakuragi. While lying in bed that night, he continues to ponder on the question. Just as he was about to drift off to bed, it suddenly clicked and everything starts to fall into place. `Sakuragi Hanamichi…hana..! So that's it! It has to be him! Hana is the short form of Hanamichi! Why didn't I think of it before?' His eyes widen as realization drawn in, with the answer out in the open. He felt himself fell into a deep slumber of sleep.

The following day, he woke up feeling refresh and energetic. On his way to the stadium, he only had a thought in mind which is to see how Hanamichi had been faring these few years. He had his mind set on discovering the other life after all these years since they parted.

As soon as the Shohoku members came in, his eyes immediately found his way towards Hanamichi who's basically oblivious to his surrounding. Looking over he found that Hanamichi had been one of the starters five, he brief his teammates for a moment before turning his attention back to the Shohoku corner.

(A/N: I'm going to skip the match part, since people who watch the anime should know what had happen…so I'm going to go directly to the part after the match.)

To be continuing…

Date started: 12/09/04

Date completed: 12/09/04