Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ lost and found ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: usual disclaimer applied. If you're wondering the reason for my delay in updating yet again, I can jolly well assured you that I had been caught up in others fics on hand. Anyway, let's start the ball rolling by recap of last chapter.

last time on Lost and Found

Hanamichi stared at the retreating figure as he questioned himself the reason for the latter's odd request. For some reason, he had a weird sensation nagging in the back of his mind, urging him to sift through his childhood memories. Throughout the journey back home, he had been awfully silent and appearing so deep in thoughts that no one else dared to interrupt his thoughts, fearing of facing his warth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Chapter 4- Memories of a child!

The moment the train door opened, Hanamichi was out of the door before anyone could react. Most of them appeared to be baffled by Hanamichi's strange behavior. Hanamichi dashes out of the station avoiding vehicles on the road, pushing past his own team mates; even ignoring Rukawa Kaede remarks on him to the shock of all who knew of their rivalry. Ignoring Youhei's call for him as he sprinted his way to his apartment.

Throwing the door to his apartment opened, he slammed the door shut with his shoes hind. After which, he threw his bag down in a corner of the room and sifted through his drawers for his photo album which he had put away after his parent's divorce. The photo album had been a constant reminder to him of his friends and family back when his life was full of happiness, when his parents were always around him. When his life had not been torn apart with his parents divorcing, quarrel and fights, when he had been so happy.

However, that all changes when his parents announced the decision of divorcing thus forcing him to make a decision of who he'd wanted to stayed with. His parent's decision had tore him apart, shattering his fragile heart at the same time causing him to leave his friends behind thus forcing him to grow up. The moment his mother had left him alone with his father in Japan for other country, he'd literally broke down. Unable to cope with the hurt, he'd stashed away his childhood photo album which had been full of memories. He had hidden and buried them trying to forget, to drown the memories. He had first thought of burning them, and yet somehow he'd been unwilling deep inside his heart. Hence, he'd opted for the option of burying them deep inside and vowed that unless circumstances deemed it necessary he will not touched the emotional scar which he'd tried so hard to numb it.

His hands trembled as he took out the album, his chest tighten as he flipped through the album. When his eyes fell upon the picture of him and his best friend back then, memories came flooding through his mind. All the joy, pain, tears and laughter shared between them was unsealed as images flooded his mind. That was when everything, every piece of puzzles fell into place; realising the fact that his best friend Kenji had been the very same Fujima Kenji, Captain and coach of the 'Shoyo' basketball team who had played him earlier on in the match. His world shook as he realised that his friend had remembered him after all these years and had came to him with the proposition of meeting in private, so many emotions rushed upwards to him that thrown him off altogether. Shock that after all these times Kenji had still remembered him, Joy that Kenji had made the first move by approaching him to meet up in private, Anger at himself for not recognizing the latter until that said person comes to him.

Curling himself into a ball at the foot of his futon, Hanamichi cried for the first time after all these years. He hasn't cried when his mother left him for another country, he hasn't cried either when his father died of a heart attack few years back. He never cried when so many girls had rejected him for a date in the process crushing his pride, he defintely hasn't cried a drop of tears when he woke from a nightmare of his father dying. And yet here he was breaking down with tears as he remembered his childhood memories. It seems to be quite a few moments later, Hanamichi found himself crying to bed. Tired out from the match with Shoyo earlier on, and with the overwhelming sense of emotional breakdown. Hanamichi slept through the day like a baby, not even bothering to wake for dinner.

~to be continue~
date completed: 19/02/05