Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ N.P. ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~Prologue~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My whole life is composed of different funny episodes. Sometimes things get rough, but still, the sense of everything being so hilarious remains and in the end, I just laugh things off. Yeah, I'm different from all the others, but I think that's what makes my life so colorful. Even in the romance department, my story beats all existing fairy tales. Wanna hear my story? Let me warn you, it's anything but ordinary…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~


"Ore wa ten-sa-i baskeeeeetttoo maaan - ."
"Oi, oi, Hanamichi, you owe me that token, make sure that you get all your shots in."
"That no problem, Yohei. Ore wa tensai Sakuragi Hanamichi, I am sure to get all shots in," the red head spat, aiming a shot at the basketball booth ring in the local Pachinko shop.

Their first year in high school just ended and it was a very nice day, so nice they decided it was time for them to relax and take a day's break together. Where else to go than the local Pachinko shop?

"Kono baka yaro!" Sakuragi cursed the ball in his hand as it failed to enter the ring for the twentieth consecutive time…much to the Guntai's amusement.
"Nyahahaha! I can't believe you went under Anzai's training and haven't learned anything Hanamichi!"
"Urusei! The ring's not cooperating, that's all."

It was annoying, true, but Hanamichi knew he had a long way to go to be able to master shooting. He was doing good, but lately, everything's been so boring. In a way, Hanamichi is a like a fish - he can move well AND better UNDER pressure. It sounds funny, but it's a fact no one can deny nor prove, just as no one can prove that God exists, but then, no one can really deny he does not too.

"Oh my god. She has got to be, one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in my entire life."

"Who are you talking about, Yohei?"
"That girl," he said, nodding his head towards the girl at the opposite basketball booth.

Hanamichi turned around to look at the girl…and frowned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
It's when I first saw her…her first impression on me is priceless; at least to me it is, because I thought she wasn't at all attractive. There was even something sinister about her appearance, not at all sweet like my dear Haruko-san.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~


"Unbelievable…"
"Yeah, isn't she unbelievably pretty?"
"No, I mean unbelievable. She got more shots in than I did. In fact, I think she hasn't missed a shot at all. I won't allow this. No one can beat the tensai…"

The red-head marched towards the raven-haired girl, a mean scowl on his face.

"Oi, 'nee-chan, how about a contest? One who gets more shots in wins..."

He stared at her, wanting to scare her for one, but also wanting to see why Yohei called her beautiful.

"Oi…" his grimace getting more threatening by the minute as the pale girl chose to ignore him.

(What's this girl's problem? She's acting like she hears nothing. And what's with that droopy-eyed appearance? And she looks anemic to me. She's too tall and too skinny. What the heck am I thinking? I'm not here to check her out, I'm supposed to challenge her. Dammit! I am so not attracted to her… and I-)

"Ouch!" The boy was snapped back to reality as he felt something round and rubbery hit his face. "What the heck is your problem, 'nee-chan?" he asked, rubbing the spot where the ball hit him.
"Don't stare at me, do'aho," she sneered at the fired up red head.
"I'm NOT staring at you! I was merely…" 'What, gawking at you?' Hanamichi punched himself mentally. It's not like she's done anything to anger him, but she gets on his nerves so to speak.
"Oi, 'nee-chan! Don't walk away from me! I'm not through with you yet! Oi! Kitsune-onna!"

It was too much. If she weren't a girl he would have given her a head-butt. Heck, if he weren't a gentleman (which he isn't, but he likes to pretend he is) he would have given her a head-butt even if she were a girl anyway.

"Oi, Hanamichi! Got dumped already?"
"Baka," he retorted before walking away.

"Wow…that girl got Hanamichi pissed off. I mean really pissed off huh?" Sauichiro bit off his hotdog.
"Yeah, first time I saw Hanamichi like that since the fight with Micchy's gang."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

"You can't replace my old man in just two years, 'kaa-san!"
"I am NOT replacing your father, Hanamichi."
"Then why are you going to get married?"

Hanamichi's mother tugged at her auburn hair and sighed. She had been trying to explain to her only son the reason why she's getting remarried but he keeps cutting her off with his endless questions and accusations.

"Hanamichi, could you please calm down and let me speak?"
"'kaa-san, how could you do this? I thought you loved my old man?"
"Hanamichi, I loved your father dearly and I still do love him. But everyone's got to move on sooner or later. I know it's only been two years, but two years is enough time for me to get back my life. I wanted to share my whole life with your father, but now that he's gone, that can't happen anymore. I want my family to be complete Hanamichi, and I want you to grow up with a father."
"I don't want a father, 'kaa-san."
"You don't want one, but you need one. Hanamichi, I'm not replacing your father. The chapter of my life with him in it has ended but that doesn't mean that that chapter is forgotten."
"I still don't understand and no, I won't go to that dinner with your new guy, 'kaa-san."
"Hanamichi…please."
"Iie. There's no way."

On the night of the dinner, a tall red-head in a semi-formal attire showed up 30 minutes after the scheduled time.

*~*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes were glued to the shining crystal goblets. They were so elegant, so enticing, so unbelievably gorgeous that night. I saw my mom enter the ladies' room as soon as I came in so I made it a point to wait for her to come out. It never crossed my mind to introduce myself to my stepfather-to-be, who at that moment, was sitting quietly at a table, hidden by huge vases and pots. It was a hard decision for me, but heck, what was I to do? Lock myself inside my room and sulk? That's never gonna happen…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~


"Hanamichi!" his mother exclaimed as she came out of the ladies' room.
"This doesn't mean I approve of you marrying, 'kaa-san, but as long as this makes you happy…"
"It does. Hanamichi, I want you to meet the man I'm going to marry, are you ready to meet him? From this day onwards, he would play a huge part in your life."

Hanamichi just nodded. There was no way he'd say something dramatic to his mother or to anyone else for that matter or another. So he'd meet the man, he shrugged. It's not like it's gonna cause a drastic change in his life.

"Hanamichi, I want you to meet my husband-to-be -."
"Omae…" Hanamichi didn't let his mother finish the introductions as he caught sight of the girl sitting beside his future stepfather. "Kitsune-onna!"
"Do'aho…" the blue-eyed girl frowned knowing that that particular day wasn't going to be one of the best in her life.

END OF PROLOGUE

A/N: Prologue's not been edited and thought of well…prolly because I haven't written in a rather long time and rust is beginning to clog the tick works inside the gray matter in between my ears…Promise to make chappy 1 a better read, so ja!