Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Slam Dunk II ❯ The Return of Tensai ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Tensai returns
 
 
Hanamichi's back and he definitely miss basketball, as much as basketball should miss him. His team has been waiting for his long return, but before that, newcomers flooded the gym at club time, introduced themselves to the new captains Ryota Miyagi and Mitsui Hisashi.
 
The red-haired genius walked with his so-called army, people whispered to their peeps to their surprise on the return of the troublemaker, it has been so long yet nobody has forgotten about him.
 
Yohei: You seemed to have retained your popularity, Hanamichi.
Hanamichi: Hahaha! How could they forget about the genius that is embodied in me?
Gundan: They have!
 
*Hanamichi head butt* Smoke came out of the heads of the 3 other gang members, of course except for Yohei. As Hanamichi and his gang approached the gym, they heard the loud sounds of the ball dribbling.
 
The gym door opens(Cue: Hanamichi Theme Song)
 
Hanamichi: Hahahaha! I'm back you guys... How's it going around here?
 
Ayako: Hanamichi!
Mitsui and Ryota: He's back!
Rukawa: …
 
The newcomers looked out on him to see what the fuzz all about is. One even went on his way and asked the team captain who was the red-haired guy. Hanamichi, as usual, overheard the question.
 
Hanamichi: Hahaha! Ryota, no need to tell him, cause I will do it myself. I am Hanamichi Sakuragi, The Genuis Basketball-man! Hahaha!!
 
The newcomers we're shocked on what he said.
 
Ayako: Alright Hanamichi! You're back. But are you sure you could play with your back? Does it still hurt?
Mitsui: Oh yeah, I forgot about your injury. How is it?
Hanamichi: Hahaha! An injury is nothing for the genius basketball man, hahaha!
Rukawa: Your idiot brain can't comprehend anything, that's why.
Hanamichi: Why you!! Stupid Kitsune(Fox)!!
 
Ryota: You all seem pretty lovely today, but enough of the chit-chat. Let's practice. Hanamichi, let's see if you can play. In groups of 4, Me, Rukawa, Mitsui and then Tetsui would play against You, Yasuharu, Satoru and Sobaru(A newcomer). Alright, let's go!!
 
The game started, and as usual Hanamichi got the throw ball, and Yasuharu got it. Hanamichi ran towards the enemy basket almost instantly, then told Yasuharu to pass it. A strong throw was needed to cover that much distance, but Yasuharu, knowing Hanamichi could easily latch on to the ball. The pass was made, but it was intercepted by the fast moving Ryota. Hanamichi has improved even when he was rehabilitating, and the following would show why that is so. Before Ryota could catch the ball, Hanamichi ran towards him. Catching it, Hanamichi quickly stole the ball from Ryota's hands, and returned to the enemy basket, just inside the three-point arc where he was marked by Mitsui.
 
Mitsui: Let's see you get past me. I still remember back then you we're having trouble doing that.
Hanamichi: Thing's change, Missy.
 
Hanamichi went left then right, before he flicked the ball to his left, and catching it with the left hand while making a 180 degree turn and ran towards the left, then moving forward to the basket. He jumped, then made a lay-up.
 
Mitsui: What the?!?
Ayako: Hanamichi…
Rukawa: Beginner's Luck…
Ryota: I guess he improved even in the depths of the hospital.
Hanamichi: Hahaha! Don't forget, I am the genius!
 
The practice ended, with Hanamichi's team losing 2 points behind. Though what's surprising was, he was the one who got most of the scores, and he was actually the playmaker for his team throughout the game. The newcomers we're very impressed but Ayako and the other's we're shocked.
 
The one's who had the game took a break, while the remaining players who didn't join the game went on to practice themselves. The doors suddenly opened up, and they all looked up to the guy coming in.
 
Guy: Hi! Is this the basketball club, well it's obviously the basketball club. Anyways, Am I too late for the registration cause I was thinking about joining!