Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ still ❯ here we go... again ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note: Hey! I wish you like this! Sorry bout the wrong grammar and others!!!! I wish you review!!!

Still

Chapter One

The Japan basketball team, as tradition, will be spend one week in the Hyatt hotel once a year to have some time off.

It was Friday afternoon; the team had just checked in. Sendoh Akira was eager to convince their coach to allow him to go to the automobile exposition where he will meet Hisashi Mitsui. Knowing coach that he will not be released, he nagged him until he did and the success was his though he needs to be back by seven for their activity.

It was held in a big, spacious lot near the plaza. It sure did make sure that the title; "hottest, most exciting event that happen every year" will still be theirs to keep. There were cars that are rare of its kind etc. and celebrities were invited to take part in this event. The media, of course, were scattered all around the place!

A green Eclipse entered the lot and parked in the platform prepared for it and in an instant, people who were left to admire the car soon surrounded it. The driver of the car did not go out though.

Sendoh decided to take a closer look at it but stopped as he saw a girl with long ash blond hair in his peripheral vision. He was held back as he saw her intense green eyes, which reminded him of someone he knew. She wore black pants and plain green shirt, which perfectly matched her eyes. Deciding from her clothes, she seemed simple.

He felt a connection with her though not knowing how.

He somehow can't take his eyes of her.

Suddenly, he felt an arm go around his shoulders breaking the bond. It was Mitsui.

"Hey Sendoh!" he greeted. "Sorry I'm late. We dismissed late by our English prof."

"That's okay." Replied Sendoh as he turned around to take one last look at the girl he saw moments ago, but she was gone. He was disappointed but did not give too much attention to it. He might have just gotten the wrong felling about all this. He shrugs at the thought then continues. "I can't believe you are still studying. Law of that matter."

"Well…" They laughed until Mitsui saw the Eclipse. His eyes widened. "Oh my. Look at that baby." He did not wait for a response from Sendoh and he immediately walked towards it. In that same moment, the driver of the car stepped out.

She walked highly as if she owned the place. She wore this racers attire. Mitsui on the other hand, so excited to take a look on the car and did not notice the people coming his way and bumped the racer.

"Watch where you're going, please." Said she with that superior tone which Mitsui hated very much.

"Look who's talking." He retorted and then raised his eyebrow.

She continued walking then got hold of the microphone and started talking.

"Good afternoon everybody. I am Natsumi Takezawa and as all of you know, I am the daughter of Hiko Takezawa. There will be an auction later on; I wish you would take part on it. There will also be more activities, please watch out for it. Thank you." She then smiled.

She did own the place. He heard Hiko owned the place.

"Hmph. What a fake smile she got there, did you see that?" he folded his arms and said to his friend, Sendoh. "Looking innocent but when you talk to her and you're a nobody she gets all obnoxious."

*

The hours passed by quickly that he did not notice seven o' clock has already passed. He said farewell to his friend and went to the hotel.

He arrived half an hour later than the agreed time. The coach gave him a few words about being late but later on said that it was okay since she was also late anyway.

She? Who's that?

After all this, he led the way to the restaurants. There he met the daughter of the owner of hotel. She had long ash blond hair and those green eyes he can't forget.

She was the girl from a while ago!

"Good Evening." She said.

I know that voice!

"Sayuri Nakamura."

Then the shocking reality hit him. He remembered every single detail. It was still fresh in his mind.

^_Flashback_^

Hikoichi gathered as much players as he can; Uozumi, Fujima and Hanagata were a few of them. Sendoh and Fukuda were nowhere to be found. They joined the game a few minutes before the end of the first quarter.

The game soon ended and the joint team, Ryonan- Shoyo lost which proves that Shohoku has become a very strong team to beat such dream team.

Sendoh couldn't take out from his mind what Rukawa has said during the game; "You will soon be under my shadow, Sendoh, under my shadow."

`That will never happen,' he swore. `Never.' then he smiled. He always does when he is challenged or maybe to hide his true feelings.

He walked towards the fountain to drink but was later confronted by a female.

"Who's the better man, Akira; you or Rukawa?" he turned around to face his challenger. She was 5'11 in height, shoulder length ash blond hair and intense green eyes.

They stood there for a while in silence, staring at each other, her eyes turning to emerald green as she gave away a soft smile, until a voice called out his name. He turned around but as soon as he faced her again. She was gone.

He walked out of the gym, deep in thought.

*

Days have passed since the last time he saw her. She hasn't seemed to get out of his mind. There was something about her that intrigues him.

He woke up four o' clock in the morning, suit up in the usual white shirt, jogging pants and rubber shoes and started jogging. At five, he made his way to the court and was surprised to hear dribbling and a shot that went smoothly in the net. He hurried, curious, for not ever was anyone earlier than him to play; only to find the girl he saw days ago. He stood there for a while, watching her moves until he was noticed.

"I see you're here already."

"Obviously" he placed that smile in his face as usual.

Silence.

She pulled her hair to a ponytail. "One on one?"

"Ha! You're challenging me?"

"Fortunately" was her reply.

"Okay. But, I believe I have the right to know who's challenging me."

"Yuri's the name."

"Nice meeting you."

"Can we play now?" he nodded.

Following the ladies first concept, Yuri had the ball. She dribbled the ball slowly then became faster. He knew what was next but ignored it, thinking she is one of those who did not know how to play and challenged him just for the sake of it.

He let his guard down. In a blink of an eye, she made a pivot and a smooth lay up.

She retrieved the ball and the look of disgust was evident in her face. "How could you, Akira? Since when did you start becoming like that cold blooded fool Rukawa?"

"What did I do?"

"You think girls are not worthy in playing your sport."

"I did not think that."

"Of course you didn't!" she said sarcastically. "You just underestimated me."

"Underestimate. Yeah. Sorry."

"No. I'M Sorry. I expected something better from you. I guess you will just be at the same level as Rukawa, huh?" They stared at each other and then she started walking away. Before she reached the gate out the court, she reached for the sunflower that grew in the unpaved part of the court. She stood up, turned around and let go of the flower and let the wind carry it. She started walking again, raised her hand gesturing a goodbye.

As much as he wanted to stop her, he did not. For the first time in his life, he felt hopeless about something.

^_End_^

That was the last of her. Hasn't seen her ever since. Is it possible? After all these years I see her again?

He was led to their table where he saw Maki and the rest of the team.

"Yo, Maks."

"Yo."

"Where have you been? Missed you in the assembly this afternoon."

"I was talking to my dad."

"DaDa! Sounds serious." He took a seat next to Maki and in front of Ms. Nakamura

"Yeah. Very." he took a sip from his lemonade. "I will be going part-time, man."

"Part- time? Boring!"

"Super. Dad wants me in his company."

"What?"

"You heard me. I will announce in the press con next week. Hey, excuse me for a moment."

His mind was now on Maki's going part time but escaped his mind as Nakamura caught his eyes.

Their eyes were locked for a second, she looked away.

`This must be the moment' he thought. He took the risk by saying-

"Yuri"

"Pardon?"

"I said Yuri."

"I am not Yuri, Ak- Sendoh."

"Really now? Why did you suddenly become nervous?" she stood up, placed both of her hands in the table ready to express her anger but composed herself. She straightened her blouse and called the waiter to follow up the order, there she left the table.

`Not Yuri, huh? Only Yuri calls me by my first name…'

Author's note: please review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reviews give me inspiration…. Hahahah Ü :Þ