Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Umm... Kae-CHAN?! ❯ Side story 2A ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author: Simply Kim

E-Mail: cheng1812@yahoo.com

Title: Umm... Kae-CHAN?!

Genre/ratings: (Yaoi / Shounen-ai) (Humor / (a bit of) Angst)

Length: Side story 2A

Disclaimers: The series I'm referring to obviously do not belong to me, only the story does.

* * * * * * * *

Umm… Kae-CHAN?! (Side story 2A)

* * * * * * * *

"Uh...Akira-niichan? Where are we going?"

"Sendoh, this is not funny."

"This place gives me the creeps! Let's get out of here!"

"Don't worry, Aya-chan, I'll protect you from -"

WHAP!

"ITAI! Koshino! What was that for?"

"Stop groping my girlfriend!"

"I'm not groping -"

WHAP! WHAP!

"Itai, AYA!"

"Aya-chan... don't you love me anymore?"

"Stop it, the two of you! You are acting like little kids! - no offense, Kae-chan... If I hear one more word from both of you I -"

"Uh, guys, we have a big problem -"

"Uh, Ayako-san, you'll kill them if you continue doing that with your fan..."

"I don't care! As long as they shut up!"

"Oh, come on now, Aya-chan, you like the attention, admit it!"

"Maki-sempai!"

"Yeah, stop torturing those two already - they love you too much, after all..."

"Right on, Soichiro! Hey, Min-kun, don't you think those violets look lovely?"

"Hmp! I'm not speaking to you ever again Mitsui Hisashi!"

"Umm... guys, would you please listen to me? I -"

"What's up with those two, Sakuragi-kun?"

"I don't know, Fuji-san, I don't know..."

"Kogure-sempai got laid - at the most inappropriate of all times."

THUD!

"Uh, Fuji-san... *poke* *poke* are you alright?"

"Stop poking my sister, dammit!"

"Kenji -"

"But I was just making sure that she's -"

That did it for Sendoh Akira's normally unlimited amount of patience.

"I think we're lost!" He yelled above the din of the cramped van.

Silence.

"What... do you mean we're lost?" Jin squeaked, his eyes taking on a panicky edge.

"Akira... did I just hear what I thought I heard?" Mitsui asked, his features darkening. "Tell me you were just joking..."

Sendoh, visibly sweating from the eerie atmosphere inside the van, stayed silent, unwilling to say anything that may cause his extinction from the blessed world.

Silence still.

He felt something shift behind him, however, before he turned his head to see what or who it was, he felt a blow on his gelled crown of spiked hair, hitting the skin on his skull with enough force for him to see stars. On a sudden burst of common sense, he immediately topped the engine and turned fully on his seat as a second blow was dealt.

"OW!"

Koshino stooped over him, a vein popping from his forehead, his teeth clenched so hard that it bordered on looking almost painful, and a fist shook readily, waiting for the chance to collide against his head. He sweatdropped, his hands moving on his head to protect it from the jarring blow.

WHACK!

"ITAI!" He was protecting his head, but still, the impact was so hard that it actually made him see stars. "Gomen! Onegai, don't hit me anymore..." He gave his best friend his cutest puppy-dog look.

Koshino seemed to have softened a bit as he saw the helpless look Sendoh gave him. He sighed, defeated, as he muttered about certain idiotic hedgehogs plaguing his perfect life.

"Akira-niichan..." Rukawa asked... his eyes wide and close to shedding tears. "Are we really lost?"

Sendoh turned to the cowering figure sitting beside him. His eyes drooped as he saw the fear in the big blue orbs. He wanted to say yes, he wanted the child to know that they ARE indeed lost... but somehow, he did not have the guts to let the truth out. Instead, he gave him a huge grin and winked conspiratorially.

"Iya, no we're not... I was just teasing them - they're easy to trick, aren't they?"

He felt as if a huge load was taken off his shoulders as the fear was replaced by a glint that was purely amusement. Then, the rosy lips stretched in a fashion of a smile. Rukawa nodded, understanding Sendoh's words... although not knowing that what was given him were a bunch of words that compose a lie.

With a brief nod, he started the engine and called out to Kogure for help.

Sendoh decided, that with Kogure as a navigator, they would find their way out...

He is a smart person, after all.

* * *

KOGURE:

/Oh, man.../

My forehead is leaking. I am sweating so hard that it seemed all the liquid pouring out from my pores would be enough for a ten-minute shower.

/That's it.../

I thought, forlorn. I quickly took out my handkerchief from my pocket and swabbed my face with it. He sneaked a glance at the current driver, and then at the child drooling beside me as he slept with his head on my lap.

/How to tell them... how to tell them.../

"Uh... Kogure-sempai?" Sendoh asked, his face filled with concern over my unease. "You look a little green. Is there something wrong?"

"Uh, no, nothing's wrong." I answered quickly, waving my hands in front of my face. "No, nothing's wrong."

/Geez... Who am I kidding? Of course, there's something wrong with me, cant you tell? /

I wanted to cry right then as Sendoh's lips curved in a small tired smile. I know he's already tired - he's been driving for half a day already... and that made everything much more complicated. There was so much trust in his eyes that it actually pained me to look at him for along time.

I averted my eyes.

/Kami-sama... anyone? Help! / I pleaded to all the Shinto Gods presently on duty. /What do I do? /

"So, sempai... where to?"

I gave the map a glare and looked up, surveying the fork on the road.

"Turn right." I said with as much sureness as I could muster.

Sendoh turned right.

I wished to God that I chose the right direction - or we will all be in a lot of trouble.

/I gave the right direction. I gave the right direction. I gave the right.../

I was snapped back from my continuous mantra as Sendoh's strained comment reached my ears.

"Is it just me, or the place is getting darker and darker... and what is that dark thing over there?"

/I gave the right direction. /

Did I not?

* * *

SENDOH:

Aw, shit. A dead end.

* * * * * * * *

TBC

* * * * * * * *