Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ Surprise! ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Surprise!

The next morning…

"Miss Lina? Um… This is your wake up call. You told me to wake you up at ten o'clock in the morning. I'm sorry. It's noon. I should have done what you ask me to do, but we all felt that both you and Mr. Gourry could use some more time to sleep." There was silence on the other side of the door. "Uh…" The girl sighed and then opened the door, turning a bright pink as she saw Gourry still fast asleep face down, his face turned toward a still sleeping Lina, his arm over her. Lina was facing Gourry, looking very content. The girl gave a light cough and went toward Lina's side of the bed, and began poking her. "Miss Lina? Miss Lina, wake up! This is your wake up call. I'm here to get you out of bed. Miss Lina?"

Lina groaned and tossed Gourry's arms aside and turned away from him. The girl gave a sigh of relief and then began to shake Lina's shoulder. "Miss Lina?"

Lina groaned again and opened one eye, looking at the blurry image of a young girl before her. "What do you want?" Lina groaned again and lifted her hands to her head. "Damn! My head is pounding like someone slammed a sledgehammer over it several hundred times."

The girl smiled. "Well, I'm not surprised with how drunk you were last night, Miss Lina!"

Lina blinked, her eyes slowly starting to focus. "Drunk? I got drunk last night? That's not like me…I don't drink that much…Ouch, my head. But if my head is hurting this much, I must have." She blinked again and then sat up, the sheet coming down to her waist. Her eyes went wide as she felt the cold air on her breasts and she turned a brilliant pink, quickly lifting the sheet back over her breasts. Her eye ticked as she gazed at the girl. "What the hell is going on?! Why aren't I in my pajamas?!" She looked about the room quickly and stared at the girl dead in the eye. "What the hell happened last night? Why am I in such a large room? I wouldn't have ordered a room this big! I'm going to have enough problems paying the food! And why aren't I wearing any clothes?!"

The girl blinked at Lina. "You mean you don't remember?"

A vein pulsed. "Why… do you think I asked?"

The girl gulped and nodded and then gave a nervous laugh. "You don't have to worry about paying any of the bills, Miss Lina. After the great show you and Mr. Gourry put on for us last night the owner of the Inn decided to let you have the honeymoon suite and your dinner for free! You two definitely deserved it!"

Lina's eyes narrowed. "What on earth did Gourry and I do? What does that have to do with me not wearing any clothes and why would the Innkeeper give me the honeymoon suite?"

The girl's eyes widened. "Oh, Miss Lina! You don't even remember that? You and Mr. Gourry came up to the honeymoon suite on your own after you two got married!"

"WHAT?!"

The girl jumped at least two feet in the air. "Yes…you and Mr. Gourry got married last night. It was a hell of a show. You both confessed your love to each other, he proposed, you both called for a priest, but there weren't any, only a priestess and she married you both." The girl pointed to the table by the bed. "There are the marriage certificates. And after you were both married, you both came up here on your own." The girl suddenly grinned. "You two made a hell of a lot noise last night!"

Lina's eyes were wide and her body was numb. She couldn't believe it. Suddenly she heard light snore beside her and she stiffened even more. She turned her horrified face around to look behind her…and sure enough there was Gourry sleeping like a babe. The sheet came only up to his waist so she noticed right away his lack of clothing.

She gave a shriek.

The girl's eyes were wide as Lina made a grab for the marriage certificates and began to try and tear them. But she couldn't. Her eyes narrowed with determination.

"FIREBALL!"

The girl ducked for cover and Lina had a satisfied smirk as the smoke dissipated. But once it had, her eyes widened in horror. The certificates were still in tact. She turned to the girl trembling in the corner of the room.

"What the hell is wrong with these certificates?!"

The girl shivered as Lina hovered over her. "T-t-t-hey are in-in-indes-truct-t-t-tible."

"WHAT?!"

The girl cowered. "You cast the spell on them yourself, Miss Lina! You made them indestructible!"

Lina's eye ticked. "But I don't know any spell like that…"

The girl opened one eye. "I know. You said so yourself after you did it. You did it and then said you had no idea how."

Lina's hand turned into fists, her body trembling with rage and the girl ran out of the room as quickly as possible.

"RAGNA BLADE!"

Lina took in several deep breaths as the smoke and dust settled and stood up, a sheet wrapped around her to look at her handy work. She had left a huge gash in the wall and had annihilated the table the certificates were on… Her eyes widened in shock. No…it couldn't be. Even the Ragna Blade that could cut through anything… The two certificates with her and Gourry's name were still in perfect condition.

"No…" She collapsed onto the bed shaking her head. "This can't be! I couldn't have been that drunk! There is no way!" She slammed her fists onto her head almost as if trying to knock some sense into herself… "Ow!"

She winced and brought down her hands to see what had caused the sharp pain. Her eyes widened in disbelief. On her left ring finger was a gorgeous diamond ring with a hell of rock and some beautiful rune designs. This ring would make a queen jealous! She stared at it for a few moments before she heard a sleepy groan. She turned to Gourry who was still sleeping beside her. Even after all the racket she had made, he was still out. But she could only blink at him in amazement. Gourry had had this on him? Since when? Why had she never noticed it before?

She shook her head. Now was not the time to think about that! She was married to Gourry! How had that happened? And she had no way to get out of it! The marriage certificates were indestructible…even with the Ragna Blade that could cut through dimensions. Yes, it could cut through dimensions and the most powerful blades in existence, but it couldn't cut through a couple of marriage certificates. She had an…absolutely gorgeous ring…Wow… And…she turned to Gourry…she had clearly slept with him the night before! How was she going to get out of this mess?!

Lina struggled to remember something…anything…about the previous night. She knew whenever she did get drunk she just as well forget about it because she could never remember… but she knew this time she had to remember! Anything at all! She just had to remember something!

Suddenly something flashed in her mind. Her eyes widened and she tried to focus on that fleeting memory…within seconds she was beat red. Of all things she had to remember…She turned her gaze toward Gourry, her face aflame. She had no idea… Her body began to heat with desire once more as she remembered their…ahem…wedding night.

She shook her head and put her hands on her cheeks. She couldn't believe the memories she was getting! Gourry was brainless, but he was a very good swordsman…she just had no idea he was also extremely good with that other kind of sword…

"GOURRY! WAKE UP JELLYFISH BRAINS!"

Her face was still burning red as Gourry shot up, his eyes glazed. "What?! What is it? What happened? Is Lina all right?"

Her eye ticked, her cheeks still burning. "I'm right here you idiot!"

He turned to her, blinking the sleep out of his eyes, slowly focusing them. When he finally got a clear picture, he blinked in confusion. Lina was sitting beside him…in the bed…her hair tousled from sleep, her cheeks rosy, and her eyes shiny, the sheet wrapped around her because she wasn't wearing anything underneath… His eyes widened.

"Lina! Why are you in my bed and in my room with no clothes!?"

Her eyes flashed. "You IDIOT! This is our room! We're in the honeymoon suite!"

He blinked in confusion. "But why are we in here?"

She closed her eyes, a vein pulsing. "Because you idiot…We're MARRIED!!" She tossed the certificates at him while he blinked at her with widened eyes. "The marriage certificates are indestructible. I've tried even using my Ragna Blade on them. They won't break! You even gave me a ring and we spent the night together! Everyone downstairs is a witness!"

He blinked at the certificates. "But I don't remember any of this…"

"That's because we were both drunk!"

Gourry scrunched his eyebrows as he tried to remember drinking. But he couldn't. He couldn't remember anything from the night before. He turned to Lina. "Are you sure?"

She clobbered him over the head, her eyes blazing. "HELLO?! We are in the same bed together NAKED!! What the hell do you think, Jellyfish brains?!"

He looked at her and started, turning a bit pink. Lina stared back and began turning red again herself. She turned away from his eyes, still pink. "You still don't remember anything?"

He started concentrating (as much as he could anyway) on trying to remember what had happened. Lina looked at him with surprise, but when he started turning bright red and a smile started to form on his face, her eyes widened.

"Don't tell me you remember that too!"

He turned to her with a grin. "Too?"

Her eyes widened even more and he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him. "Well, if you're right about this-"

"Of course I'm right!"

"Then there isn't anything we can do about it, so we might as well make the best of it!"

"WHAT?!" But anything else she could have said was swallowed by Gourry's kiss.

Morganna grinned as she heard the racket begin again. Obviously she still had a while to relax before they would be coming down.

Within a few more hours they were coming down the stairs. Everyone that had been there the night before was waiting for the couple to come down. When they entered the room, the cheering erupted, making Gourry and Lina turn a deep red. No one even seemed to mind the explosions they had heard earlier when she had discovered she had been married to Gourry.

Lina gave a light cough, her cheeks bright. "Okay. Who's the priestess who married us?"

Morganna came forward, her short red hair swishing. "Uh…I did, Mr. and Mrs. Gabriev."

Lina's eyes ticked. "Don't…call…me…that…" She coughed again and turned to the priestess more calmly. "Now, can you tell me anything other than what the maid told me this morning?"

Morganna blinked and then smiled. "Nope. It happened just like that. We have all these witnesses who saw you and Mr. Gourry's wedding. They quite enjoyed it. I hope you both have a very good trip. I just wanted to see you both off, considering I did marry you."

Lina gave her a desperate look. "But are you sure I was the one who cast the spell to make the marriage certificates indestructible?"

Everyone present nodded. Lina sighed, her head drooping. Gourry just gave a light chuckle that sent Lina into a rage. "Why the hell are you laughing, Gourry! This is a disaster! There is no way to undo this!"

The priestess blinked at them. "Why would you want to undo it?" But before Lina or Gourry could answer, she answered herself. "Oh, I see. None of your friends were here to see you both get married! Well, don't worry about that. You could always get remarried with your friends present and have a real wedding! I'm so happy for the two of you! You make a great couple!" Morganna then waved at them and picked up her satchel. "The storm is gone and I have a ship to catch! I hope you two have a happy life together! May the gods bless you!"

Lina and Gourry just stared after her. She sighed heavily. Gourry looked at her with a sour expression. "It isn't all that bad, is it?"

Lina clobbered him over the head.