Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ The Futorial ❯ Shadow ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The children all belong to me, as does CJ the Cheetah, Jessie the Cat and Vixen Slate.
 
The Futorial
 
“So where do we start?”

Tails scratched his head in utter confusion, rubbing his bangs out of the way. He watched the small form of the crossbreed girl who the previous night he had discovered to be his future daughter examine the junk and materials he had kept in his workshop from the day he had moved in.
 
“Eh… you need quite a lot of things. Naturally one of the more important things was the generator and a back-up one in case the first one fizzles out,” the girl named Anora explained, scratching behind her brown-coloured ears and trying hard not to look at him, almost as if the whole situation was hopeless, “Then you needed various components, like the computer program that allows you to choose what time you wish to visit and where you want to arrive…”
 
Tails smiled weakly to himself, “Sounds like you know your stuff…”
 
“I try, but nobody beats the teacher,” Anora smiled, blushing a little at the compliment.
 
Leaning against the wall, Tails looked over at the young girl, and found himself temporarily shocked that he didn't see two tails waving around there in anticipation. At that moment he regained himself, remembering that Anora was the only one out of his three future children that didn't inherit his two tails. Instead, Anora had a fluffy little rabbit's tail poking out of her blue mechanic's outfit, which was light pink in colour.
 
`It seems like she inherited the old Prower brain power though…'
 
“How old are you Anora?” Tails found himself asking before even registering it in his mind. The girl turned around and smiled, looking at the younger version of her father for possibly the first time since she arrived in what she considered the past. Turning around, her chocolate coloured eyes shimmered as she held up six fingers proudly.
 
Tails was absolutely flabbergasted, “You're six?”
 
“Seven in June,” she said simply, turning back around to examine the materials that could be helpful if she put her mind to it, “Corliss is four and both Hertia and Honey are eight.”
 
“Well… it's nice to see you inherited the Prower brains,” Tails told her, completely unsure of what to say to her. Now he had the chance to get to know Anora, he found she was quite fun to get along with, despite the fact that she was his future daughter.
 
Anora merely shrugged at this and turned back to the machine, “Where do you get these materials?”
 
Tails also shrugged, rubbing his neck and blushing, “They've always been here, though I know a pretty good place in Station Square.”
 
“You think we can check it out?” Anora asked him, her eyes pleading with his, “The stuff we need might be there…”
 
Tails scratched his head, completely unsure of what to do, “Well, I don't like the idea of leaving Sonic on his own with the rest of your friends… he's been acting pretty weird since you all appeared out of nowhere. I was considering getting in contact with Knuckles and Shadow to help us out before going anywhere.”
 
“What about my mom?”
 
Turning around at those words, the two tailed male fox was stunned as he laid eyes on Anora, twiddling her thumbs and giving him completely innocent looks, “You mean Cream?”
 
“Duh, who else is my mom?” Anora said simply. Tails was quite taken aback at that; he had never thought any daughter of Cream's would come out with those words.
 
“I… err… I don't know about that Anora…” Tails scratched his head, trying to make it easier to explain it to the six year old genius in front of him, “Cream's getting more and more like Amy everyday… and she might expect something to happen between us now and not later… plus she might tell Amy, and Sonic has made it clear that he doesn't want Amy to know about this.”
 
“That seems a bit unfair, doesn't it?” Anora told him, a frown on her young face, “We're just as much their children in the future as we are yours.”
 
“I know,” Tails sighed, rubbing his head, “But Sonic's just one of those guys who prefers to make his life easier, and come to think of it, so am I…”
 
“Go and call Uncle Knuckles and Uncle Shadow then…” Anora sounded very disappointed; it was easy to see it in her eyes. They lowered themselves and refused to look at him anymore.
 
Tails sighed in defeat, “Look, if you really want to see Cream so badly, I'll think of something. Just make sure that no one blurts out to her who you all are, because I can almost guarantee she'd tell Amy straight away.”
 
Almost instantly, the fox felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. Looking downwards, he saw the smaller form of his future daughter hugging his front, “Oh thank you dad!”
 
“Don't mention it… now let's get going… oh and Anora? Please don't call me dad.”
 
XXX
 
“He won't take it badly, Tails says,” Sonic muttered under his breath in a foul manner, “He won't accuse you of trickery, Tails says. Tails really doesn't know Knuckles all that well at all.”
 
“What's up?”
 
Sonic groaned as the slim form of Levina slumped down next to him, a somewhat cheery grin on her face. Sonic merely sat there with a grumpy expression on his face, mostly trying to avoid looking at her, though there were times when he felt the urge to throw her a dark glare. Levina frowned at the hunched form of her future father, “Look, you don't have to be happy with the idea of having children, but for God's sake get over the fact that you did have them and don't hold it against us!”
 
“Knuckles had better turn up soon,” Sonic grumbled, hugging his knees, “I really need to go on a run.”
 
“Can I join you?” Levina asked hopefully, her emerald eyes shimmering. Sonic looked at her as if she were mad and instantly the young female hybrid took that as a no. Sighing, the teenage girl copied Sonic's motions, hugging her knees much like he was hugging his.
 
“Look, I don't mean to sound rude,” Sonic mentally slapped himself, of course he sounded rude even though he didn't really mean to be, “But could you please leave me alone to think?”
 
“If you insist,” Levina sighed to herself, running her hands through her purple quills, “I'll be upstairs making sure Lily doesn't end up snogging Edge again like she did last time.”
 
At that, the hybrid left, making sure to throw Sonic a dark glare before she walked out, swinging her hips a little in a teasing manner. Sonic sighed once more, resting his head in his arms.
 
“How could this have happened to you, Sonic? You try and live a free life but then you end up with a bunch of kids in your face…”
 
A loud yell erupted from outside, leading Sonic to groan. He looked up weakly, noticing the stiff form of a black hedgehog waiting there, “I know you're in there, Sonic! Open up the damn door!”
 
The blue hedgehog forced himself to his feet, and dragged himself to the door. Thankfully, none of the children had come to answer the door, not even the younger ones. As soon as he had opened the door, he wished he hadn't. Instantly he received a hard fist in his face.
 
Sonic's mouth throbbed as he instantly threw his hand up there. The blue hedgehog swore he could taste blood, and proved himself right when he noticed his glove was slightly soaked in the red liquid. Glaring at Shadow, Sonic growled, “What the hell was that for?”
 
Shadow glared at him, “I told you I'd make sure you paid for humiliating me. I never break my promises.”
 
Sonic clenched the fist that wasn't pressed against his mouth, and shot looks of death at Shadow's back. The black hedgehog paid no notice at all to his rival's behaviour and turned around, throwing him an impatient look, “I'm waiting for an explanation. What did you do?”
 
Sonic cast the black hedgehog a look of offence, “Nothing! One minute it was just me and Tails, the next it was overcrowded by a bunch of kids!”
 
“And I supposedly have two children in the future, correct?” the black hedgehog began tapping his foot in an annoying pattern.
 
“Yes!” Sonic exasperated, waving his hands around in desperation.
 
“It's nowhere near April Fool's Day, Faker,” Shadow scoffed.
 
“I'm not kidding around Shadow!” Sonic yelled, really finding himself getting more and more furious by the second.
 
“Dad, are you alright?”
 
Sonic winced, before slowly turning around to find the small blue hedgehog with three bangs looking at him curiously from behind the kitchen door. Sonic frowned at him, “What are you doing?”
 
“Hungry. Needed food really badly,” Swift explained simply, shoving another handful of crisps into his mouth, “Hi Uncle Shad!”
 
Shadow had a mixed expression on his face of both shock and offence, “What did he just call me?”
 
Swift felt Sonic's eyes on him, and winced a little, “I'll be going back upstairs now…”
 
As soon as the small form of Swift the Hedgehog vanished from sight, Shadow took it upon himself to smirk at Sonic, clearly finding amusement in the fact that Sonic of all people was a father - in the future at least.
 
“Well it's easy to see who he takes after,” Shadow said snidely, looking at Sonic with faint amusement, “Who's the mommy?”
 
“None of your business,” Sonic said stiffly, folding his arms and sulking.
 
“Shouldn't have asked,” the black hedgehog replied in a dark tone, “It's obvious where the eyes and the bangs come from.”
 
“Don't you dare say a word to Amy!” Sonic snapped, pointing a shaky finger at his rival, his eyes almost wishing that Shadow would shut up for good, “In return, I won't tell Knuckles you've been fooling around with his girl!”
 
“Knuckles don't have a girl, idiot,” Shadow said simply, looking at Sonic as though he were mentally deranged.
 
“Yes he does; Rougie-pougie, pudding and pie,” Sonic chanted, waving his hands around in time with the chant, “Shadow takes a dirty dive.”
 
“Oh shut up,” the black hedgehog snapped, raising his fist in a threatening manner, “I have no interest whatsoever in Rouge. And I haven't been fooling around with her. These children come from the future, remember?”
 
Sonic shrugged, “Well, you had a son with Rouge… Edge his name was… oh no!”
 
“What?”
 
“Levina told me Lily has been snogging Edge!” Sonic nearly yelled, “I do not want to be your in-law in the future!”
 
“I certainly don't want to be in the same family as you,” Shadow folded his arms in an impatient manner, “I don't like idiots. So how old is this Edge?”
 
“When Anora and Tails were out back, Kerrie told me he was about eleven, a year older than Lily,” Sonic explained.
 
Shadow raised an eyebrow, “And this Lily is another one of yours, I take it. Oh dear good god.”
 
“And you had another one with Blaze,” Sonic finished with a slight impatience about him, “A girl named Blade, about eight. Gives me the creeps, she does.”
 
Shadow nodded, “You have no backbone, and who is this Blaze anyway?”
 
Sonic frowned at Shadow darkly, “She happens to be one of my friends.”
 
A long silence followed before…
 
“Good looking?” Shadow asked out of the blue.
 
“WHAT?”
 
Is she good looking?” Shadow looked at Sonic as though he were an idiot, “I don't want to find myself married to a troll in the future.”
 
After a short while of silence, Sonic replied, “I suppose she's kind of good looking, yeah. Way out of your league though.”
 
Shadow smirked in a way that was almost identical to Sonic, “We shall see, Faker. At least I'm not married to Amy with how many kids? Nine?”
 
Sonic grumbled, his arms folded and he looked like he was ready to pound Shadow to pieces at any second, “Shut up. Half of those aren't even Amy's. Sally is Kerrie's mom, Mina is Liberty's mom, and Blaze is Levina and Manning's mom.”

Shadow gawked, before a smirk crossed his face again, “I always knew you were nothing more than a pimp…”
 
Sonic was ready to kill Shadow at any moment. He was really beginning to get on his nerves.
 
“SONIC!”
 
“Oh great… it's Knuckles…”
 
XXX
 
Swift looked around the small room and sighed to himself.

“I'll just have to play along,” he muttered, looking towards the black and purple hybrid who was his best friend. Blade huffed and sighed.

“You're just a big wuss,” Blade scoffed, folding her arms and glaring. Even with Swift she released feelings of intimidation, “You know perfectly well they'd understand.”
 
Swift narrowed his eyes, “You see the way they look at me whenever I tell them about what I see. They think I'm mad. You're the only one I can talk to about it. Besides, they'd kill me for bringing me here, even if it was for a good reason.”
 
“We'll get rid of her, Swift,” Blade reassured him, her eyes naturally narrowed, “We'll change what happened.”
 
“We'd better,” Swift said, his fists clenched tightly, “I'm not letting her take them away again.”
 
A/N
 
I'll reveal more of Swift and Blade's plot as it later goes. Knuckles has turned up, I'll bet he doesn't take the arrival of Sasha-Kay and Streak well… I'm more worried about what'll happen when Amy finds out though! More humour is bound to hit the story when she finds out!