Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ What They Call Growing Up ❯ Tickles and Vixens ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: CJ the Cheetah, Jessie the Cat and the children belong to me. Everyone else belongs to SEGA, Sonic Project, DiC or whoever created them.
 
Summary:Not even the Sonic gang can remain children forever. What happens when they settle down? Contains characters from all of the universes. Bears no reference to War of Hearts or Birth of the Heroes. There is a lot of romance, adventure, divorce, pregnancy etc.
 
For those who want them to break up and for Sonic to run off with Amy; Sally and Sonic won't stay together, but they won't be breaking up for a while yet. And Sonic definitely won't be getting with anybody for a long while after that either. I'm trying to develop the relationships better than what I do in other fics I've done. I still love Sonamy more than any of the other pairings but I do like to write different couples once in a while.
 
What They Call Growing Up
 
Another day awakened as the sun glided over Knothole Village. Sonic could definitely feel the heat rising under his bed covers. He was completely unsure whether or not the heat passed through the light of the sun, or radiated from the warm body sleeping next to him. All Sonic knew that finally summer was here. A content smile on his lips, Sonic leaned over and wrapped his arms around Sally; resting his head on her slender arm, nuzzling it gently.
 
There had been no worries, no concerns this time. Many would say they were taking a big risk if Sally was a hedgehog like Sonic. But as she wasn't, nobody really bothered. As far as they were concerned, the chances of Sally getting pregnant by Sonic were zero and frankly, Sonic couldn't be happier about that. They could do it a million times without the worries that many same species couples would have to undergo; the risk of getting pregnant. They needed no protection, they would never conceive anyway.
 
The hedgehog smiled softly, running his thumb over Sally's soft, sweet-smelling fur, allowing his head to now rest against hers. He could feel Sally gently moving beneath him, mumbling something. Sonic smiled in a cheeky way, before gently moving his hands to her belly and wiggling them in a tickling motion.

A soft squeal was what followed, as Sally began to writhe beneath Sonic in attempt to free herself. Sonic wouldn't let up easily though, and moved his hands to her armpits. Sally shrieked with laughter as Sonic continued to force giggles and shrieks out of her. A smirk crossed the blue hedgehog's face; he knew just how ticklish Sally was.
 
What Sonic forgot in his moment of glory was that Sally also knew how ticklish he was.
 
Fingers began attacking the sides of his stomach and the blue hedgehog doubled over, wheezing and laughing loudly. Without a doubt, Sally now had the upper hand. She crawled onto Sonic's stomach and sat there, continuing to wiggle her fingers at his sides. Every time Sonic tried to crawl away from her assault, she would attack his underarms, causing a new burst of giggles to erupt from the blue hedgehog. This went on for a little while, as Sonic tried to regain whatever sanity he had left; just enough to tell him that the best chances of getting away was to tickle her back again. That he did, and Sally broke down again in giggles. Sensing that she was giving in, Sonic jumped to his feet when she was almost distracted and sped for the bathroom. Soon Sally was hot on his heels.
 
Sonic tried to shut the bathroom door to escape into sanity again, but his girlfriend continued to push against the door, one of those evil smirks on her face, “Oh no you don't Sonic! I'll teach you to wake me up!”
 
“You were awake already!” the blue hedgehog yelped, finding his better half pushing against the door with such determination, he vaguely wondered if Sally had been working out at all. He knew that he couldn't shut the door while the two of them were in this awkward position, so they were left playing of tug of war with it.
 
It didn't take long for Sally to catch Sonic off guard, yank open the door and lunge at Sonic, tickling him for all it was worth. The blue hedgehog didn't even have a chance at getting away; Sally had tackled him to the floor in no time. He shrieked with laughter, trying to swat her hands away pathetically, “C'mon Sal, stop it!”
 
Sally raised her eyebrow, looking to see if Sonic had suffered enough. The blue hedgehog pouted a little, poking out his bottom lip; hopefully that would help him escape to sanity. Finally, Sally got off of Sonic's stomach and sighed, “I was tired anyway. Don't think it's over…”
 
“I won't…” Sonic chuckled, “And I promise I won't wake you up like that again, even though you were already awake to begin with.”
 
Sally forged a hurt look, “I wasn't awake; I really was asleep.”
 
“Yeah right, you were moving!” Sonic accused, pointing a shaky finger at his lover.
 
Everyone moves in their sleep sometimes Sonic, it's a fact,” Sally sighed in exasperation, “Don't tell me you've never moved around in your sleep.”
 
Sonic blushed, remembering on more than one occasion, he had actually got out of bed while in a deep sleep, and ran around the house. As a child, he never knew why he awoke to find his hut in more of a mess than it was the day before. It was later on that he found that he ran in his sleep, most likely due to things worrying or bothering him. He ran his hands through his quills nervously.
 
Sally only smirked in triumph, “Told you so.”
 
“Yeah well, I only do it when something's bothering me!” Sonic protested, “It's not like I do it every night! I didn't move last night did I?”
 
“Yes you did actually,” Sally said slowly, her smirk becoming one of those true beautiful smiles she always wore.
 
Sonic looked at her in a completely clueless way, “What?”
 
“Nothing,” Sally mumbled, “Just thinking about last night.”
 
“Ooh…” Sonic murmured, remembering the events of the previous night clearly. It led him to smirk widely, approach Sally with a confident stride, and wrap his arms around her thin waist, “I was good wasn't I?”
 
Sally's lips curved upwards. She couldn't deny it, Sonic was good. She allowed her fingers to glide through Sonic's soft fur, whether it was the peach on his stomach or the royal blue in other places, it didn't bother her. She rested her head on his chest and smiled, “Get over yourself…”
 
“C'mon, you can't deny it!” Sonic teased, rocking his girlfriend's body against his slightly. He felt a ticklish sensation on his chest as Sally chuckled there, “I guess I can't.”
 
The two remained in that position for a while, unwilling to break apart. Sonic simply ran his hands up and down Sally's back whereas she stroked his chest and mumbled sweet nothings. The time passed far too quickly for their liking, though to Sonic it felt like several sunlit days instead of two cold minutes.
 
“We smell bad,” the blue hedgehog teased when he eventually got the motivation to pull away. Sally laughed, patting her lover on the shoulder, nodding in agreement. The two of them did not smell particularly pleasant.
 
“Shower?” Sally raised her eyebrow at Sonic's request and nodded.
 
XXX
 
Tails settled onto his table, rubbing his head fur. Sonic should have been here fifteen minutes ago and the fox was fast losing his patience with his `older brother'. He caught sight of Rotor walking by covered in black oil, which emitted a rather unpleasant stench. Antoine and Bunnie were settled at a table nearby, whispering to each other frantically, about what, Tails never bothered to find out. His gaze circled the room at least three times before they paused on something.
 
Sitting in the corner, deeply engrossed in a book, sat a tall red vixen with brown hair, hanging gently around her head, a yellow bow settled nicely among her bangs, sapphire eyes scanning the page she was reading at a quick rate.
 
Tails never really understood why, but he seemed to like looking at that vixen. She seemed to hold an air of intelligence, yet hot-headedness around her. Truth be told, Tails had never spoken to her, not once, though he wanted to, many times, but he could never quite get up the courage. He recalled her speaking with Sally a few times but nothing more. It was actually quite frustrating for him.
 
“Tails! Hey TAILS!
 
The young fox whipped around upon hearing his name being called and groaned as a shimmering pink bouncy female hedgehog skipped into view. The young fox wanted to smack his head on the table in further frustration when she joined him at his table, a young smile on her pretty youthful face. Tails knew why she was there before she even said anything.

“Have you seen Sonic?” she asked in an urgent tone. With any other person, that tone of voice would suggest there was an emergency, but Tails knew better that when it came to Amy Rose, she found it an emergency if she didn't see Sonic at least every day a week, even if only for a few seconds. She was now twenty years of age and regardless of everything that has happened in that time, still was a child at heart and even now still got excited whenever Sonic simply walked into the room.
 
“N-Not recently,” Tails lied, more than anything wanting to sink into the floor at the moment. Sonic would be there any second now, and Tails wanted to talk to him privately, now more than ever.

“Well… can I stay here with you?” Amy asked curiously, pulling her best puppy-dog expression, “I have no one else to hang around with…”
 
“But I…” Tails began, “I'm meeting with… err… with someone.”
 
“I won't bother you, I promise!” Amy told him eagerly, her hands clasped together tightly. She gave Tails a look of deepest pleading, “Please…?”
 
`Amy's looks are evil…' Tails found himself thinking. Of all the things she could have done, she had to give him the puppy-dog expression. Nearly everybody found that look irresistible, and Tails wasn't the type to push her away, or anyone for that matter. He eventually sighed to himself and nodded, “Fine…”
 
“Thanks!” Amy squealed, looking very tempted to jump on Tails and hug him to death but thought better of it. She merely sat there in shocking silence watching the door to the left of where they were sitting where Sonic usually entered, which Tails didn't expect at all. Amy was very outgoing, and usually preferred to gossip, even if it meant possibly missing Sonic pass by, and to hear her say nothing was strange. It certainly sent chills down Tails' spine.
 
Nevertheless, Tails began to look at the vixen in the corner again, nearly halfway through her book. He lowered his eyelids slightly, almost entranced. She certainly was a pretty vixen, with sapphire eyes as deep a blue as the sea. The vixen tilted her head upwards, leading Tails to jump as she laid eyes on him, gave him a little smile and waved. Deciding it best to be polite, Tails waved back with an extremely weak smile.

“Who are you waving at?” Amy asked curiously, breaking the awkward silence between them. Tails said nothing, but merely blushed in embarrassment. The pink hedgehog followed where Tails was looking and threw a hand to her mouth, “Fiona Fox?”
 
Tails snapped out of his trance-like state and gawked at Amy, “You know her?”
 
“Not personally,” Amy began, taking a deep breath proudly, as if the chance to gossip had been what she was waiting for, “But I heard she's new in the Brain Trust subdivision I think and she's going to be a member of the regular combat team.”
 
Tails gulped a little, he himself was a member of Brain Trust. Surely that meant he would have to talk to her… he tried to swallow his nerves, but they wouldn't go down for some unknown reason.
 
“I don't like her that much,” Amy said simply, folding her arms and throwing the vixen a glare, which she thankfully did not see.
 
Tails looked at Amy in confusion, “Why not?”
 
Amy leant closer to him, and whispered, “I heard she doesn't think much of Sonic. I don't know why, but I'd like to know what she's got against the coolest guy in the world!”
 
Tails sighed at Amy; her behaviour was to be expected. Truthfully, Tails thought she might not have liked Fiona Fox because Amy never seemed to like any girl that was around Sonic's age for fear that Sonic would like them over her. Tails eventually reasoned that that was a stupid thing to think; Amy did have some level of respect for Sally, and she knew Sonic was dating her.
 
“Hi Tails!” called out a voice on the other end of the room. Tails turned to see Sonic jogging up to Tails, his fur glimmering brightly and cleanly. Amy immediately jumped to her feet and ran over to him, tackling him to the ground, and began nuzzling him.

“Amy?” Sonic asked curiously, “What are you doing?”
 
“It's good to see you, Sonic…” she mumbled, nuzzling his cheek in a way that was only meant for Sally as far as the blue hedgehog was concerned. Sonic threw Tails an awkward glance, one that clearly told Tails to get rid of Amy. The fox jumped to his feet and tapped his pink hedgehog friend on the shoulder.
 
“Amy, Sonic and I need to talk about something… in private… do you mind… leaving us alone for a bit?” Tails mumbled, expecting Amy to turn around suddenly and bop him with her hammer while yelling at him not to tell her what to do. Shockingly enough, she complied, even extending her arm to help Sonic get to his feet, before giggling uncontrollably, “I'll see you later, sweetie…”
 
Sonic and Tails merely stared after her as she scuttled off out of the door, probably to her own hut. Finally, after making sure that Amy wouldn't bother them, they sat down, “Nice lie, buddy, I don't know what has gotten into her lately…”
 
“I say she's as normal as she's ever been…” Tails mumbled, trying to get off the topic of Amy Rose, “Who's Fiona Fox?”
 
Sonic followed Tails' gaze to the young vixen in the corner, buried deeply into that book. He turned to look back at Tails and winked at him, “Oh, I see what this is all about…”

“What?” Tails asked in a confused tone.
 
“You like her, don't you?” Sonic asked in a sly tone, lowering his eyelids while nudging Tails in the arm. Tails cast Sonic a look of offence.
 
“Sonic, I don't even know who she is!” he told his friend firmly, his arms folded across his chest, “Amy said she's new in Brain Trust and the combat team, is that true?”
 
Sonic nodded, picking up a pineapple from the table and trying to balance it on one finger, “Yep, she's been transferred. I don't know where from, but she's been transferred from there to here. Something about having loads of fights with the leader over there. She seems to get along with Sal okay so she might be here to stay.”
 
“But she doesn't get on that great with you, does she Sonic?” Tails asked, nudging Sonic back with his own sharp elbows. Sonic looked at Tails, clearly lost.
 
“Where did you hear that?” Sonic asked, but then placed a hand on his forehead, “Wait, don't answer… it was Amy right?”
 
Tails nodded. Sonic sighed and rested his head on one of his hands, the other hand placing the pineapple back to where he got it from, “Knows a lot, doesn't she? I wonder where she gets half the information from.”
 
Tails blinked at Sonic, “So what's the deal? Why doesn't she like you?”
 
Sonic shrugged, “We knew each other as kids, before my parents got roboticized that is. We were good friends back then, but something happened and… we sort of stopped being friends, you know?”
 
“What happened?” Tails asked. There was no law against not asking.
 
Sonic smiled, “I'll leave that for another day, little bro. For now, I gotta get going. Sal wants me to do some things for her, and it's quite important.”
 
Tails nodded dumbly, his eyes settled on the vixen again, “See ya Sonic…”
 
Tails barely heard Sonic say goodbye or whatever he was supposed to have said. All he noted at that moment was that vixen, settled there. She looked up again and smiled. Tails smiled back, feeling more confident than before.

“Fiona Fox, eh? Heh, might as well give it a try…”