Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ For Love Of The Hunt ❯ The Call ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Let's see how things go when the heroes discover that they are wrong…

Chapter 3: The Call

The evil forces of Metal Sonic and Chaos met up with the heroes in a large room near the base's entrance. Scotty yelled at the two evildoers.

Scotty: Give me back Sonya right now, you creeps!

Metal Sonic and Chaos looked at each other, confused. They then turned to face Scotty.

Metal Sonic: What are you talking about?! We don't have her!

Scotty: Yeah, right! Look, if you hand her over now, maybe I'll spare you both some pain!

Chaos: But we can't! We don't have Sonya!

Scotty: Grr…

Scotty's quills stiffened as he stepped toward them. Robotnik had been watching all this from a TV monitor, and now flew into the room in his ship.

Robotnik: Get out my base, intruders!

Scotty: We'll gladly leave, once you give us what we want.

Robotnik: Well then, I guess you won't be leaving, because we don't have your wife.

Sonic whispered something to Metal-2.

Sonic: Hey, you don't think these guys could be telling the truth, do you?

Metal-2: Well, they don't seem to have her, and personally, so I'm not sure.

Tails had overheard their conversation, and was about to offer his opinion when there was a ringing noise from his backpack. Everyone stopped, and looked, except for Freddie the chao, who had found his way to the windshield of Robotnik's ship. He tiptoed along it as everyone else watched Tails pull a cell phone out and answer it.

Tails: Hello?

He listened to someone on the other end, moving his eyes while thinking. Suddenly, his expression changed to one of shock.

Tails: What?! Okay, we'll be right over!

He hung up the phone, and answered everyone's unasked question.

Tails: That was Knuckles. He says we need to get back right away, and it's about Sonya!

Scotty heard this, and was the first one out the door. The others soon followed, and Robotnik and his group just watched, confused. Metal Sonic scratched his head as he spoke.

Metal Sonic: Well…I guess that's that, then…

Robotnik's attention was soon drawn to Freddie when the chao lied down on his belly on the windshield, and reached into the ship. He put his hand on a large red button. Robotnik saw this, and panicked.

Robotnik: NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!

Freddie immediately pressed the button, and Robotnik was ejected from his seat, and crashed into the ceiling. His head was stuck up there, and the others heard muffled yelling as his body flailed around. Freddie just laughed while Metal Sonic walked out of the room, and Chaos tried to figure out what to do. Meanwhile, the Freedom Eagle was on its way home. When they arrived, Knuckles gave Scotty a piece of paper. The hedgehog read it over and over, shocked at what it was.

Scotty: Sonya…no…

Sonic: What is it, Scott?

Scotty: It's a ransom note for Sonya. The kidnapper wants me to go alone to the docks at midnight, and find a warehouse that fits this description here, and it says to come alone.

Sonic: Are you gonna go?

Scotty: I don't see that I have a choice.

Sonic: well, we've still got a few hours before midnight. What should we do until then?

Metal-2: Plan.

Sonic: Huh?

Metal-2: We need to plan this out. I think we should follow Scotty, but stay far enough away that we aren't seen.

They began to come up with a way that would help them get Sonya back alive, and hopefully unharmed. Meanwhile, at a warehouse by a set of docks, Ivy stood over Sonya, who was handcuffed to a wall. Ivy was still in the suit, and was interrogating the hedgehog.

Ivy: So tell me, how did you end up with MY hedgehog?

Sonya: He's not yours, and I won't tell you.

Ivy: I think you will.

Ivy pointed one of the gun-arms at Sonya's head.

Sonya: If you kill me, you still won't know. And besides, Scotty will just be angrier with you.

Ivy: Maybe so, but at least you'd be out of the way.

Sonya: He doesn't love you.

Ivy; I'll fix that, right after I kill that kid of yours.

Sonya: What?!

Ivy: I won't have any purpose for him.

Sonya: You're sick!

Ivy: Yeah, well, prison can do that to a person.

Just then, Ivy got a radio message on her suit. She listened closely to the voice of Hacker, the echidna from her gang.

Hacker: Ivy, listen, I cleared your records, but I think I found something out about the guys you stole that suit from. It's too sensitive to say over the radio, but it's ultra-important. You better get back here ASAP!

Ivy; All right, I'm on my way.

Ivy turned to Sonya.

Ivy: Don't go anywhere.

She then turned around and ran from the warehouse, and flew off into the sky. Ivy was unaware that she was being watched. A pair of dark green eyes tracked her through binoculars from behind some bushes. They belonged to a white hedgehog with black-tipped quills and a black sweater, over which was a green vest. There were two gun holsters at his waist, and he wore baggy tan pants with large cargo pockets. He quietly spoke to himself as he watched.

Hedgehog: I've got you now…

There was some static on the radio he carried, and then a message came through. It was the president of ABT, and he sounded impatient.

President: Ghost! Have you found the target yet?

Ghost: Yes, I've found her. And I told you not to use my name over the radio!

President: Hurry up and neutralize her. Remember, I want that suit intact, or you don't get paid! Now hurry!

Ghost clicked the radio off, and spoke to himself.

Ghost: I'll do this my own way on my own timetable…

Later that night, at the Refuge base, those selected to go along readied themselves. Scotty had his Emerald sword ready, and stood next to Sonic, Metal-2, Bunnie, and Knuckles. It was almost midnight, and they were ready to go.

Scotty: Wish me luck, Sonic.

Scotty headed for the door, note in hand. Sonic quietly spoke to him.

Sonic: Good luck, Scott…

Scotty left for the docks, with the others following. They stayed behind, in a grove of trees next to a nearby street as the green hedgehog entered the warehouse that was described in the note. Inside, the lights were dim, and large crates, boxes, and metal containers were everywhere, stacked on top of each other. Scotty could hardly see, so he listened for anything unusual. He had his sword in hand, ready to activate at a moment's notice. He almost did so when a noise rushed by him, but it was only a small group of black rats. Cautiously, he called out to whoever might be inside.

Scotty: Hey…I'm here!

From deep within the darkness, Ivy watched him using the night vision mode on her visor. Behind her was Sonya, bound and gagged, handcuffed to the wall. Ivy had returned from her visit to Hacker, who had told her to expect extra trouble because ABT had put a price on her head, dead or alive. But that wasn't her concern for now. At the moment, all she wanted to do was prove that she was superior to Sonya by killing her in front of Scotty. Ivy was next to the switch for the lights, and waited for the right moment to pull it.

Scotty: Is anyone here?

Outside, the others hardly blinked as they watched the warehouse. Sonic turned to Metal-2, who was watching it with infared vision.

Sonic: <whispering> Anything happen yet?

Metal-2: I am picking up two life forms other than Scotty…most likely the kidnapper and Sonya. They are at one end of the building, and Scotty is near the center.

They were distracted when the lights suddenly came on inside the warehouse.

Sonic: Uh-oh…Looks like it's started…

Inside the building, Scotty ran up near Ivy when he saw her in the light.

Scotty: You! Who are you, and what have you done to Sonya?!

Ivy: What, you don't remember me? I guess that's understandable; I've changed a bit since the last time we met.

Ivy flipped the visor up, revealing her face. Scotty looked at it for a moment before realizing who it was. He stepped back, stunned.

Scotty: IVY?!

Ivy: That's my name; don't wear it out. And to answer your second question, I haven't done anything to your dear little Sonya-yet!

Scotty then saw Sonya, motionless on the wall.

Scotty: Let her go!

Ivy: Oh, I will, right after I do something…

Ivy raised a gun to Sonya's head, and then stared evilly at Scotty.

Ivy: Say goodbye!

Scotty: NEVER!

Scotty flung his deactivated sword at the gun, and knocked it away from aiming at Sonya just before a plasma shot was fired. Ivy turned angrily to Scotty.

Ivy: GRR!! Why did you do that?!

Scotty: Isn't it obvious? I can't let you hurt Sonya!

Ivy: Why do you care for her?! She's pathetic! I'm much stronger, faster, and smarter than she is!

Scotty: I highly doubt that. But even if you're right, she has something you don't. Sonya has a heart of gold. Face it, Ivy, I'll never love you.

Rage filled Ivy has she heard all this. Finally, she lashed out at Scotty.

Ivy: FINE! If I can't have you, no one will!

She pointed both gun-arms at Scotty, who pressed a button on his watch to recall his sword. He grabbed the weapon just in time to dodge a shot from Ivy. Scotty evaded several more as he jumped behind a large crate for cover.

Ivy: Ha ha ha! That won't work, crime fighter!

She aimed at a crate that was on the other side of the one that Scotty was behind. Ivy launched two grenades at it. Scotty heard them coming, and ran out of the area just as the grenades bounced off the crate and hit right where he had been less than a second ago. Scotty thought to himself as he tried to plan his next move.

Scotty: <thinking> Man, she's gone crazy!

He ran away from her as best he could, dodging plasma shots.

Scotty: Ivy, you have to stop this!

Ivy: Will you leave Sonya?

Scotty: Absolutely not!

Ivy: Then I'm not stopping!

Scotty jumped to the top of a pile of crates, and Ivy locked onto him with the visor. She fired two missiles at him, and Scotty's eyes grew wide as he saw them and jumped to the floor. The missiles hit the stack of crates, exploding and demolishing them. Pieces of wood flew everywhere, mixed with bits of the clothing that had been in the crates. The glass near the ceiling shattered from the shock wave of the blast, and that was a red flag to Sonic and the others outside.

Sonic: This is getting serious! Guys, we have to get in there!

Metal-2: Agreed.

Knuckles: <gulp> But there are missiles!

Bunnie: Come on!

Bunnie grabbed Knuckles's shoulder and dragged him along as they ran for the building. There was another explosion from inside, and Scotty lie on the ground. He had been knocked down by the blast, and struggled to his feet. Ivy watched him.

Ivy: I'll give you one more chance!

Sonic burst in through the door, followed by the others.

Sonic: That won't be necessary!

Scotty: Sonic! Look out!

Ivy fired at the intruders, and Scotty shoved Sonic out of the way just before he was shot.

Sonic: Thanks, Scott…I owe you one.

Scotty: Don't worry about it.

Metal-2: I think we have more important things to worry about!

He pointed at Ivy, who fired again. Metal-2 activated his shield, and blocked the hit.

Bunnie: We'll handle the crazy person. Scotty, you go and get your girl back! Come on, Metal!

Scotty ran for Sonya while Metal-2 and Bunnie headed for Ivy. Sonic was pulling Knuckles toward the fight, but he didn't want to go. Ivy fired at Metal-2 and Bunnie since they were rushing her directly. Metal-2 kept his shield active, and they were both unharmed. Scotty snuck around the side, keeping an eye on Sonya.

Ivy: Get back, get back, GET BACK!

She continued to fire, but it was useless. Sonic had resorted to carrying Knuckles over his head as he ran toward the others. The echidna had curled into a ball, in fear. Scotty had reached Sonya, and began to try and free her. Ivy noticed it, and turned to fire. Metal-2 jumped in her way, but didn't have enough time to engage his shield. One shot missed, but the other blew his right arm off. Ivy stared at it, surprised. Metal-2 looked down at his arm, which now ended at the elbow, and then looked back at Ivy.

Metal-2: I liked that arm.

Ivy was suddenly punched in the back of the head by the metallic fist of Bunnie, who had snuck up behind her. The hedgehog collapsed to the ground, and pretended to be knocked out. Police sirens were heard outside.

Bunnie: And I like this arm!

Scotty had freed Sonya by now, but she was unconscious. He carried her in his arms, and looked at the others.

Scotty: Okay, I've got her. Let's go.

Metal-2 pointed at ivy with his one remaining hand.

Metal-2: What about her?

Scotty: Leave her. The cops will take care of her.

There was a voice from down below, one unfamiliar to any of them.

Voice: "Not if I have MY way!"

They all looked down to see Ghost watching them. Metal-2 grabbed his arm, which lay on the ground, and Scotty and the others hopped down to meet the hedgehog.

Scotty: Who are you?

Ghost: I can't tell you. Just know that I'm here for her.

He pointed at Ivy.

Sonic: You can have her. Let's go, guys.

He dropped Knuckles, who landed on the ground with a thud. He uncurled on impact, and rubbed his head as he stood up.

Knuckles: Ugh…Hey, what was that for?!

Ghost: You guys should get out of here while you have the chance. Trust me.

Metal-2: Trust you? We don't even know you!

There was a noise on the platform above, and they all looked to see ivy standing up.

Ivy: You haven't seen the last of me!

She jumped out through a broken window, and flew away.

Ghost: NO!!

He flashed an angry glare at all of them before chasing after Ivy. Ghost pulled out the pistols from his holsters, and fired at Ivy, but he missed. Scotty and the others looked around at each other, confused. There was the sound of the police entering the building, and that's when Metal-2 remembered that he was wanted.

Metal-2: I think we should leave. RIGHT NOW!

He ran from the building, and the others soon made their escape as well. They made a wide circle around the police to avoid them, and headed home. Meanwhile, Ghost had lost track of Ivy, and called in to ABT's president to report it.

President: Hmm…well, I can't say I'm surprised. That suit is supposed to be unstoppable by conventional means.

Ghost: What are you suggesting?

President: Get over here, and we'll give you some help for your next encounter. And don't worry, you'll still get paid the same amount.

Ghost: Normally I work alone, but…<sigh> Fine, I'll agree to it.

Ghost began to make his way back to the ABT building in order to acquire whatever unconventional help he was to be given…

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Well, that was interesting, wasn't it? Stay tuned, and please review!