Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer Note: I do not own Sonic and Co but would love to.

I have many thanks to dish out:

i.am.someone. Who has reviewed from the very start, luv ya, mwah. You are Awsome, amazing, brilliant, superb etc...... I'm sorry i didn't make Vex nice but Sonic and Amy r destined. lol. xx

Iesha Even though u haven't reviewed in a while a still think ur great 4 reviewing at the start. xx

J320 Love ur stories and any Sonamy fan is a friend of mine. lol. xx

Lucidangel Love ur stories too, u r awesome and your comments always give me a laugh. lol. xx

DIPLOMATIC_FOX U make some damn funny stories. LMAO. Thanks for all ur comments. xx

channy Thank you for ur words of encouragement and i'm so glad u like the story. xx

Kristina91 U reviewed once and even though u haven't reviewed again i hope ur still reading. Glad u liked the story. Please if u r still reading let me know if u still like it. xx

xEmbeRx Thank you for your reviews, u always make me laugh too. Sorry that Vex is Evil but at least his brother is nice. lol. Luv ya for reviewing. xx

Tails Worship14 I can't believe u worked out Vex earlier in the story. lol. Well u r very perceptive. I love your stories and promise i will read and review more. xx

apple_pk Ahhhhhhh. Apple. My bestest bud in the world. Words cannot express how much i love you(as a pal, lol). I think u are awsome. Thank you for your lovely review and i hope u add ur own stories soon. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just trying to show my thanks to u all. Anyway, onto chappie 11.

Chapter 11

Sonic was running at top speed. It was faster than anyone had ever seen him running. He loved Amy and her life was at stake. He was running towards Robotropolis and as it got closer and closer his need to save Amy only got greater and greater in his head. He had already decided against the X Tornado, simply stating "too slow" before he jumped off and started running. He then beckoned for Tails to land out of sight because if they went any closer Eggman would know of their presence. Tails landed and the team which consisted of Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Rouge and of course Tails all huddled to discuss their plan.

"Ok, how are we gonna do this?" Asked Knuckles.

"We need to find out where Amy is being held and then bust her out." Stated Tails. "But we need to use stealth. If Eggman knows Sonic is still alive he'll up his security."

"Your right, Tails." exclaimed Shadow. " Rouge, you're the sneakiest and you know his base inside out right?"

"Yeah, i do hun." She looked towards Shadow and smiled a cocky smile. "At least you boys know that i am a very skillful girl. I love it when you can admit how useful i am."

"Well, we know now that your not just a jewel thief. Your a government agent and so are highly skilled and trained."

"Shucks Shads. You making me blush." Knuckles was not happy at the last comment and gritted his teeth at Shadow.

"You better not be trying to make a move on my girl!"

"Knuckie, he was only saying........" Rouge had stated before being interupted by Knuckles.

"Yeah, well he better watch what he's saying." He raised and shook his fist at Shadow.

"Are you threatening me Knucklehead?" Said Shadow who also had his teeth gritted and was staring back in a rage.

"Yeah, i am. Wanna do something about it?" They moved closer so they were face to face, fists clenched and both glaring at the other.

"Guys, wanna calm down. There's no need for this right now." Said Tails looking worried.

"He's trying to move in on my girl! I outta break his bones!"

"That's enough!" Shouted Sonic." You idiots are forgetting why we're here. Amy could die! Now please pull yourselves together and get a grip. You can kill each other later but now is certainly not the time or the place!"

"Sorry." They both muttered in unison.

"Thank you. Now Rouge, go and have a look around. If you find her let me know." He then flung her a walkie talkie and she caught it with grace. "Radio in if you see anything."

"Ok, i will." She then flew towards the base. The others watched as she carefully and quietly snuck into the ventilation duct and disappeared inside.

Inside the base

After knocking out his brother Hex was looking around to make sure Amy got away. He heard a few bangs and crashes up ahead. He rounded the corner still invisable and saw Amy getting smashed into a wall by one of Eggmans' robots.

Dammit, Vex. What have you went and got Amy and me into? How could you?

He knew he wasn't the strongest agent but he had to do something to help Amy. He looked around to see if he could find anything to help him. He knew he couldn't take on the three remaining robots by himself without weapons.

He couldn't see anything anywhere that could help against the robots. He decided on the only option left. He grabbed Amy whilst still invisable and ran as fast as he could. At first the three robots were surprised but then immediately gave chase. They were gaining fast.

Oh great. What am i gonna do? They're gaining fast.

He looked around while he ran and decided it would be best to jump into one of the many doors along the corridor. He opted for the next on the right. He quickly rolled commando style opening the door as he leapt into it. He hurt his shoulder in the process but ignored it. He landed back on his feet, quickly lay Amy down on the floor and put the metal barricade over the door. He heard the robots running past. He was lucky. They hadn't seen him enter the room.

He walked over to check on Amy. She started to stir. She slowly opened her eyes and saw a blurry vision of a hedgehog. She started to move back thinking it was Vex again. Hex walked closer.

"No. Stay away from me." she had tears streaming down her face.

"Amy. It's ok. It's me, Hex."

"Hex?" She looked closer, squinting her eyes and finally achieved focus. "Oh thank god! But why did you help me? Vex is your brother."

"Brother! That is no brother of mine. I saw what he was trying to do. He's a monster. I'm assigned by DOOM to keep an eye on him and Eggman. I was looking around and i saw him trying to take advantage. I knew then that he was pure evil."

"Do you know what they're planning? Or how to get this thing off?" she beckoned towards the metal cuff on her wrist.

"Well, as far as i know, Eggman is planning to use your ability to power Cybernova and take over once and for all. Then Vex wants you as his wife."

"What?!?! That scumbag. That piece of shit. I have to get this thing off. I'll kick his ass."

"Well in regards to that. Eggman has a piece of equipment in his main lab. I think it is the only thing that can take that cuff off."

"Where's the lab?"

"Amy, your not serious. We're outnumbered and you can't use your powers."

" I need to get it. I have to stop Eggman. I know martial arts and you can go invisable. That must count for something. If Sonic can't stop him, i have to."She started crying.

(Hex does not know that Sonic is still alive. He was assigned to his mission before DOOM was aware.)

Hex walked over and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. He knew she was going through hell.

"Amy, i'll help. I have to. Sonic isn't around and we may be Mobius's only hope." He said looking noble. "And i have to redeem what's left of my family name."

"Ok, Hex. Let's do it." She said drying her eyes. "Where is the lab?"

"It's second corridor on the right, the very end door."

"Ok, i'll make sure there's no one around."

She quietly removed the metal barrier and opened the door slowly. She peeked her head round and saw the coast was clear.

"Ok, Hex. Let's go!"

They quietly and quickly made their way to the lab. They arrived just outside the lab door and were startled by a quiet but evil laugh behind them. They turned around and froze.

"VEX!" they exclaimed in unison and in fright.

Earlier With Rouge

Rouge had made it into the base and had finally gotten out of the ventilation duct. She looked around to take in her surroundings and see where she was.

Great! I'm where i need to be. The holding cells! Now let's see if i can find Amy.

Rouge went to every cell in turn. She was careful not to be spotted. She looked into one cell which was slightly larger than the others and was stunned to see Vex lying unconcious on the floor.

Hmmmm. Wonder what happened here? I better radio Sonic!

"Sonic, come in."

"Read you loud and clear. You spotted something?"

"Yeah. I'm in the holding cells. I don't see Amy but Vex is lying unconcious on the floor in one of the cells. I think Amy has already escaped from her cell. She must be somewhere else in the building. You'd better all get in here and help me look." She noticed Vex stirring. "Gotta go, he's stirring. I'll follow him. You guys, hurry and get in here!"

"Copy that, we're on our way."

Rouge hid hanging upside down from a thick metal sleeper on the ceiling. She watched Vex and stayed out of view.

"Hex!" He shouted. "I'll get you little brother!"

Hex? He must have helped Amy get away. I need to find them fast, Amy won't be very strong without her powers.

She watched as Vex started running, obviously looking for them. She followed quickly and silently behind. He suddenly stopped as he spotted an E-series robot destroyed in the corridor.

They've been here! They can't be far. He thought. Rouge watched as he changed into a bloodhound and started sniffing to catch the scent.

Oh great. She thought. I hope he doesn't catch my scent.

She watched as he sniffed and then suddenly stopped. He transformed back to normal and slowly turned around. He looked up and saw Rouge.

"You know agent Rouge. You shouln't wear such a strong perfume."

"My mistake. I must change my brand. It seems to attract losers." she smirked.

"Always with the wise cracks. Well you gonna fight me or stay there watching?"

"Well i always wanted pay back after you hurt Knuckles." she said landing on the ground.

"Let's just see about that."

He transformed into a rhinosaurus and charged at her but Rouge was far too quick and got out of the way easily. He stopped turned around and transformed into a panther, he leapt at Rouge and caught her with one of his claws on her arm as she tried to dodge. She let out a small cry of pain and looked at her arm. There was a deep cut which was seeping blood.

"Now that's no way to treat a lady.............but your not too great in that department or so i've heard." she said smirking.

Vex was losing his patience and his temper. Still in his panther form he leapt at Rouge again but this time she started her signature spinning attack in the air, she hit him full speed and dead on. He went flying backwards and landed at the end of the corridor.

"That was for women everywhere. Your not such a big man now, are you?" She grinned.

She then flew over the top of him and started to look around the base for Amy again. Vex had then gotten up but had opted to go along a different corridor. He looked ahead and saw both Hex and Amy creeping towards the main lab.

This is too easy. He thought as an evil laugh escaped from his lips.

Present time Vex, Hex and Amy


"VEX!" they exclaimed in unison and in fright.

"Well hello bro. I always thought that blood was thicker than water but you betrayed me to save her." He stated whilst pointing at Amy.

"Yeah, it used to be like that but you ain't my brother. The brother i knew would never act like this. Your working with Eggman, forcing marriages and even trying to force sex. You are no longer my brother. I officially disown you."

"Well, i think that was a bad decision Hex. You could have been my second in command but if you want to get in my way then i'll just have to dipose of you, brother or not!"

Amy walked closer to Vex. She brought out something she thought she wouldn't use again............. her Piko Hammer."You wanna fight him then you'll have to go through me as well. I won't let him fight alone."

"God Amy. I thought i had convinced you to get rid of that thing." smirked Vex.

"Well, i guess if your fighting a brute you need some pure brute strength."

"Fine, have it that way. I could beat you both with my hands behind my back!"

The battle ensued. Vex ran towards Amy fists flying but was stopped midway by a swift swing of her hammer. He landed on the ground in front of her holding his chest. He looked at her and gritted his teeth then simply laughed an evil laugh.

"Is that the best you got?"

Amy went to swing at him again but he saw it coming and managed to kick the hammer out of her hand. He then picked it up and threw it as far away as he could.

"What you gonna do without your pathetic hammer?"

Amy was about to attack but stopped when she realised that Vex was wrestling an unseen force. HEX!

"Hex! Show yourself and fight me like a hedgehog!"

"But brother you would have the advantage. I am not trained to the same extent as you and this is the only power i have, so i'm gonna use it."

Hex, still invisable kicked his brother on the chest sending him flying towards Amy who in return punched him and he landed on the ground inbetween them. Vex sat still for a moment and listened carefully. He heard a slight noise coming from the opposite direction of Amy. Now he knew where his brother was hiding. He transformed into a Boa Constrictor (massive snake) and aimed for the area in which the noise came from. He wrapped himself around Hex and squeezed. Hex now in a weakened state and ready to pass out, materialised in Vexs' snake grip. Amy was shouting for Vex to stop, she now worried for Hexs' life.

"Please Vex. Don't do this. He's your brother. You've already killed Sonic. Please don't kill another one of my friends."

Vex dropped Hex who now lay on the ground unconcious and panting heavily. He was having trouble breathing.

"Well Amy. Guess it's just you and me now. You wanna keep fighting or should we have another private party. This time there's no interuptions."

"I wouldn't count on that Vex! I'm here to gate crash this party."

Amy and Vex both turned to the voice they had heard. Vex looked surprised and worried and Amy was amazed and overjoyed.

"Sonic?! I thought you were dead!"

"I'm made of tougher stuff than that." He smirked also overjoyed to see Amy.

Amy ran to him, wrapped her arms around him and started sobbing into his chest. Sonic returned the gesture, wrapping his arms around her and crying into her soft quills.

"I've missed you so much Ames."

"I'm so glad your ok. I just wanted to die when i thought you were gone. I can't live without you."

He looked into her emerald eyes and he knew he would just die without her."I know exactly what you mean." He focused his eyes on Vex who was still staring at Sonic as if he had seen a ghost. "Ames, i've gotta take care of a certain hedgehog who messed with my girl. Go check on Hex for me."

"No problem." she said smiling. Amy went over to Hex and checked him over, he was now awake and looking shocked.

"Don't worry Hex. Sonic's here now. He's alive and well."

"Thank god for that. I thought i was hallucinating."

Amy helped Hex to his feet. He had a broken rib and the rest were bruised but he was pretty much ok. Amy grabbed her hammer which had been discarded by Vex earlier just incase her hero needed any help. Then Hex and Amy watched as Sonic and Vex got poised ready for battle. Sonic with a slight cocky grin and Vex with an evil determined stare.

There it is. Chapter 11. What did you think? Sorry it took so long. I was having trouble deciding how to end the chapter. Please review and tell me what you thought. No flames please. Thanks for reading.